Makes sense to me...

ATHOS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 6:42:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://youtu.be...
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 7:08:06 PM
At 7/1/2012 6:42:48 PM, ATHOS wrote:

The Fool: its a good argument. I have been saying that it makes no sense to also say we people deny God, because you need believe it to deny it in the first place.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2012 7:20:25 PM
At 7/1/2012 7:08:06 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/1/2012 6:42:48 PM, ATHOS wrote:

The Fool: its a good argument. I have been saying that it makes no sense to also say we people deny God, because you need believe it to deny it in the first place.

I wouldn't go are far as saying they are God, though but rather they put lots of emotional envestment in believing God and more so the Bible. Because such believe are not rational in themself. They try and rationalize after they irrationaly belief in it. Which is why it seems intuitive to them that God. is a default explanation when we don't know something. Where that is Bizzare for someone who has not made such and emotionaly investment already.

When we ask the question why? and when we don'lt know the answer we say It must be that there is a God.

Rehash:
It is Very Bizzare to say we don't know why something happen therefore it must be God.

As for science:
It is bizzare to say that something is Random, to say something happened randomly or accidental Is Bizzare. Just as Bizzare as saying God did it. In fact if you subsitute random with God. They are just as good as explanation because they don't predict anything.

The Fact is we don't know many things yet. And we will not know them all in this life time. But we may know more in the future. All we can do is learn what we can, and set up the next generation to contintue with figuring things out.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 12:48:39 AM
Still doesn't explain me experiencing God. It does not explain the perception of God for thousands of years. Thousands of years and it still is dominant.
TheAsylum
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 12:53:05 AM
Right, when in an argument with an atheist, the theist feels "anger," "resentment," and "frustration," but the same is never true of an atheist towards a theist. Right.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 1:13:29 AM
I feel the same way when someone disses my favorite tv show.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 3:11:17 AM
At 7/2/2012 1:13:29 AM, Maikuru wrote:

What's your favourite tv show?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 3:24:52 AM
I see the point but I'd say Theism is more of a familial metaphor and not a romantic one. Though, the video probably wasn't calling it a metaphor at all. I do.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 11:18:58 AM
At 7/2/2012 12:48:39 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
Still doesn't explain me experiencing God. It does not explain the perception of God for thousands of years. Thousands of years and it still is dominant.

"Still doesn't explain me experiencing God"

I could almost grantee you have never experienced God. Would you care to walk me through your experience step by step? Did he tell you anything that we can verify? Did anything happen, that couldn't be explained by anything in the natural world?

"It does not explain the perception of God for thousands of years. Thousands of years and it still is dominant."

The perception of God is psychological, we imagine that reality is based in something person-like (with intelligence and consciousness) because we are persons (it's a clear human bias). This will never go away, people will always have faith in a God. However, it reeks of human invention...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 9:25:15 PM
At 7/2/2012 3:11:17 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 7/2/2012 1:13:29 AM, Maikuru wrote:

What's your favourite tv show?

Lost. Wanna make something of it?!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...