Jump to topic:

Jesus and Other Gods.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 9:40:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You've probably heard this before. Supposedly, there are a huge load of similarities between the story of Jesus and the stories of other Gods such as Horus and Dionysus, including things like a virgin birth, walking on water and having 12 disciples.
I've seen a lot of conflicting sources on the matter. Not sure which is true.
So take up this thread to tackle the issue.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 9:56:07 PM
The claims of similarity are apparentely completely unfounded and over-stretched. I think there's also debate on which came first in some cases.

Can't find the source >.<
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 9:58:09 PM
At 7/2/2012 9:40:27 PM, FREEDO wrote:
You've probably heard this before. Supposedly, there are a huge load of similarities between the story of Jesus and the stories of other Gods such as Horus and Dionysus, including things like a virgin birth, walking on water and having 12 disciples.
I've seen a lot of conflicting sources on the matter. Not sure which is true.
So take up this thread to tackle the issue.

Poseidon was able to grant people the ability to walk on water. For example, Poseidon gave his son Orion the power to walk on water.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 10:00:23 PM
At 7/2/2012 9:56:07 PM, phantom wrote:
The claims of similarity are apparentely completely unfounded and over-stretched. I think there's also debate on which came first in some cases.

I think our debate sparked this topic. Seems like an awful big coincidence this tread was made the same day I made the argument of similarities between Christianity and various religions under Roman Occupation.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2012 10:02:40 PM
At 7/2/2012 10:00:23 PM, DanT wrote:
At 7/2/2012 9:56:07 PM, phantom wrote:

I think our debate sparked this topic. Seems like an awful big coincidence this tread was made the same day I made the argument of similarities between Christianity and various religions under Roman Occupation.

I actually haven't seen whatever you're referring to. It was sparked by Facebook.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord