Jump to topic:

Need help with question about jesus.

rakingthelawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 12:05:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Long story short, my mom convinced me to go on a mission trip with her and one of our 1'st task is to give a little speech to the group on the question , "what has Jesus done in your life." I really don't know what to say since there is around 10 testaments about Jesus. The lost testaments show Jesus is mortal while the "4 gospels" show him to have super powers.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 12:18:52 AM
I would not claim that Jesus used his magic to help you. I think it would be best if you say Jesus is a role model for you to become a better person. Something like "Jesus set an example by doing what he can to help others, so I do my best to help others to try to be good like Jesus". I would not say anything like "Jesus died so God forgave me of my original sins" or "when I am in trouble, Jesus uses his magic to help".
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 12:25:04 AM
Jesus' existence manifested into allowing everyone to be a part of the messianic covenant, and able to eat bacon. Nothing could be more significant than that.
Debate.org Moderator
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 12:27:12 AM
At 7/6/2012 12:25:04 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Jesus' existence manifested into allowing everyone to be a part of the messianic covenant, and able to eat bacon. Nothing could be more significant than that.

Thor invented Hamburgers though.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 12:46:09 AM
At 7/6/2012 12:05:10 AM, rakingthelawn wrote:
Long story short, my mom convinced me to go on a mission trip with her and one of our 1'st task is to give a little speech to the group on the question , "what has Jesus done in your life." I really don't know what to say since there is around 10 testaments about Jesus. The lost testaments show Jesus is mortal while the "4 gospels" show him to have super powers.

I would recommend working backwards.
If you have not met Jesus or experienced any movement of God in your life, discuss how you hope he will interact with you.

Cite any of the countless Saints that have been irreversibly changed by meeting Jesus and having God take a driving role in their lives. Cite the Gospel accounts that are most powerful and make the highest claims.

Do this while asking Jesus into your life. You will never regret it.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 12:47:56 AM
All of the atheists that posted drivel to this request. May you meet the business end of reality and not have anyone to call upon... and when you do cry out to Jesus, He will repay you with exactly as you caused this person to receive...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 1:02:16 AM
At 7/6/2012 12:47:56 AM, Gileandos wrote:
All of the atheists that posted drivel to this request. May you meet the business end of reality and not have anyone to call upon... and when you do cry out to Jesus, He will repay you with exactly as you caused this person to receive...

I assume you are referring to me. I'm not an atheist, though my comment may not have been the most tactful thing to say given what the OP had intended, so I apologize to the OP, and anyone who may have been offended. Nonetheless, I stand by the truth of my comment.

"when you do cry out to Jesus, He will repay you with exactly as you caused this person to receive.."

Which would be...? A tongue-in-cheek joke reflecting the religious outcome and social manifestation from Jesus' existence? The horror.
Debate.org Moderator
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 1:15:02 AM

You should give a speech on how Jesus has made it difficult for you to learn about fundamental scientific theories like evolution.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 1:15:49 AM
At 7/6/2012 12:47:56 AM, Gileandos wrote:

I'll be calling out to Allah, thank you very much.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
rakingthelawn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 1:21:47 AM
At 7/6/2012 1:15:02 AM, tvellalott wrote:

You should give a speech on how Jesus has made it difficult for you to learn about fundamental scientific theories like evolution.

I've studied evolution. Calm down mam