Jump to topic:

Devil's Advocate Debate: God Exists

Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 3:57:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would like to play devil's advocate, and argue in favor of God's existence. It would be nice to have a theist play devil's advocate as well and try to refute the claims I give in favor of God's existence. I think this could be extremely helpful as far as improving debating skills is concerned, and it would be an interesting challenge to say the least.

Now, even though I would prefer this debate to be between me and a theist, I have no qualms with an Atheist accepting this debate as well.

*If there are any rules against "call outs" like these in the forums, then my sincerest apologies. Feel free to delete this thread if possible/ needed.

Accept Debate By Clicking On The Link Below

http://www.debate.org...
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 4:06:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/6/2012 3:57:24 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would like to play devil's advocate, and argue in favor of God's existence. It would be nice to have a theist play devil's advocate as well and try to refute the claims I give in favor of God's existence. I think this could be extremely helpful as far as improving debating skills is concerned, and it would be an interesting challenge to say the least.

Now, even though I would prefer this debate to be between me and a theist, I have no qualms with an Atheist accepting this debate as well.

*If there are any rules against "call outs" like these in the forums, then my sincerest apologies. Feel free to delete this thread if possible/ needed.

Accept Debate By Clicking On The Link Below

http://www.debate.org...

Very cool idea. I'm not really either so I wont partake, but I hope a theist does play devils advocate as well, to make it more interesting. I shall definitely watch this debate.

Also there really aren't any rules against posting in the forums about a debate for this purpose or in general. In certain cases it seems pointless, but in this case I believe it allows you to further explain your reasoning for the debate, and may garner more interest from the type of debater you wish to debate against. It could also spawn more interest in devil's advocate debates, which I would like to see more of. So no need to apologize, this thread will not be deleted.
Debate.org Moderator