Jump to topic:

Christians and

Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 2:31:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
...other religious people seem much too concerned about the theory that underlies religion, and not the practice that it's supposed to preclude.

I consider that more of the general lack of accountability I notice in most people.

The only thing that seems ubiquitously applied is the perception that wickedness is a foregone conclusion (which is usually proven accurate).

On the other hand, this isn't exclusive to religious people. It appears that everyone is like this, about everything.

No one really believes in a thing but their own selfish desires and their own perceptions based on a miniscule fragment of reality.

Sigh. Problems that suggest determinism, indeed.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2012 2:44:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/7/2012 2:31:40 PM, Ren wrote:
...other religious people seem much too concerned about the theory that underlies religion, and not the practice that it's supposed to preclude.

I consider that more of the general lack of accountability I notice in most people.

The only thing that seems ubiquitously applied is the perception that wickedness is a foregone conclusion (which is usually proven accurate).

On the other hand, this isn't exclusive to religious people. It appears that everyone is like this, about everything.

No one really believes in a thing but their own selfish desires and their own perceptions based on a miniscule fragment of reality.

Sigh. Problems that suggest determinism, indeed.

Thank you..

even though you sound reluctant to admit it; I couldn't agree more.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.