Do you find time?

peacethroughunity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 3:56:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Do you find time?
During the day, do you find time to eat and drink?
Do you find time to chat with friends and relatives?
Do you find time to watch your favourite TV programme?

Most probably you do, and by the end of the day, you would have done more different things, like going out with friends.

But during the day, did you find some time in silence, without anybody disturbing you, and spent the time chatting with God? Did you listen to His voice?

Most probably during the day, God wanted to chat with you.

So tomorrow, try and find some time chatting with God, find a quite place, and discover His love and peace for you.

In Unity

George Calleja
ps
Just to inform you that the website 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as
https://sites.google.com...
is being updated nearly on a daily basis. So visit the website often as there is always something new for you….to enrich your faith!
My website 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as

https://sites.google.com...

has the aim to provide inspiration and encouragement for life, and hope for people including youths and children around the globe to find courage in their life, by trusting God to be more present in their life.

Follow me on TWITTER https://twitter.com...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:15:33 PM
I've claimed to have spoken to God before....but most of the experience was a fabricated delusion. In prayer, no one literally speaks back to you except your own hyperactive imagination, drunk on the elixir of faith.

Stop deluding yourself and do something productive with that free time. Contribute to society, read, make something, discover something...just don't waste it doing nothing.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:34:37 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:25:41 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Yeah, I tried it once. Nobody talked back.

I got down on my knees and said 'please god, if you exist please give me a sign that shows that you're there and what kind of god you are'. I went around for the entire day on the look out for any clues that god might give me. Nothing happened. At all.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:38:37 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:34:37 PM, Kinesis wrote:

I got down on my knees and said 'please god, if you exist please give me a sign that shows that you're there and what kind of god you are'. I went around for the entire day on the look out for any clues that god might give me. Nothing happened. At all.

"18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

Romans 1:18-21
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:45:24 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:38:37 PM, stubs wrote:

"18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse."

Romans 1:18-21

Do you really believe that someone should go to hell for openly denying God? Ignoring scripture, and just using your conscience, does that sound like something a supposedly "loving, forgiving, benevolent" God would do?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:48:38 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:45:24 PM, 000ike wrote:

Do you really believe that someone should go to hell for openly denying God? Ignoring scripture, and just using your conscience, does that sound like something a supposedly "loving, forgiving, benevolent" God would do?

I don't like the doctrine of hell and I don't want anyone to go there. I think there are people that can go to heaven without ever reading a bible. Through general revelation and things like that. But no matter how much I personally dislike the doctrine of hell, I believe it is fully supported by scripture so I believe it. You can see my thoughts on hell in the other forum. I don't want to take up 2 threads with my thoughts haha
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:50:41 PM

It's a shame that the God of the Universe who created all things didn't jump at the drop of a hat for you isn't it?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:59:20 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:50:41 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

It's a shame that the God of the Universe who created all things didn't jump at the drop of a hat for you isn't it?

Do you realize HOW MANY Christian claims you're refuting with this statement. You can't just say anything to have a witty rebuttal to an atheist, you actually need to be consistent.

CP, you have no business praying since you believe that.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 5:16:48 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:59:20 PM, 000ike wrote:

Do you realize HOW MANY Christian claims you're refuting with this statement. You can't just say anything to have a witty rebuttal to an atheist, you actually need to be consistent.

There are 3 answers to a prayer:

Yes
No
Maybe later

What he got was a no. Big deal.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 5:20:09 PM
At 7/8/2012 5:16:48 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/8/2012 4:59:20 PM, 000ike wrote:

There are 3 answers to a prayer:

Yes
No
Maybe later

What he got was a no. Big deal.

lol now you're making things up off the top of your head.

That's all theists always do. It's like Christianity is one big story book that everyone can interpret how they like....and if an atheists says jack, the theist will invent a new rule for the story. I'm done with religious arguments. It's obvious, as it always has been, which position is more reasonable.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 5:28:49 PM

If he created the whole universe, dont you think that he can spend a few minutes proving that he exists?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 9:42:14 PM

I wonder what you would have thought if later that day:

1) a beautiful woman in nothing but a towel showed up at your door, locked out and hopelessly grateful
2) you were mugged
3) you survived a horrible car crash
4) a booming voice from within your very being commanded you to convert to Islam

I'm really curious about your answers, if you don't mind =)
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...