Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Debate Topic

ATHOS
Posts: 123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 8:54:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Resolution:

It is more probable that humans created God,
as opossed to God created humans.


What do you think of my opening argument?

see link:
http://www.debate.org...
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
Dogknox
Posts: 5,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 9:03:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 8:54:45 PM, ATHOS wrote:
Resolution:

It is more probable that humans created God,
as opossed to God created humans.


What do you think of my opening argument?

see link:
http://www.debate.org...
What do I think????

WHACK....
WHACK, Whack, whack OOOhhhh....
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.
ATHOS
Posts: 123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:46:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 9:03:13 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 7/8/2012 8:54:45 PM, ATHOS wrote:
Resolution:

It is more probable that humans created God,
as opossed to God created humans.


What do you think of my opening argument?

see link:
http://www.debate.org...
What do I think????

WHACK....
WHACK, Whack, whack OOOhhhh....

ha! ha! lol
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
Dogknox
Posts: 5,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 10:13:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.

It is more probable that humans created; Man as God!!
All atheists are a good example!!

Man can't create God.. The idea of God is "God is ALMIGHTY!!"
No rational man would claim to be ALMIGHTY unless he thought he was GOD! BACK..
Back to the start.. It is more probable that humans created; Man as God!!

Your words.. there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God.

Reasonable??? OKAY.. Lets have your reason for using the word "Reasonable"?

Man has ALWAYS believed in a "God/gods/higher being"!
I can use the word "ALWAYS" because there are cave paintings depicting such!

The North American Indian believed in "The Great White Spirit"!
Inca
Aztec
Egyptians
The various peoples found in the scriptures had idols to their gods!

Atheists have FAITH/BELIEF there is NO God.. They can't prove it!!

Dogknox
ATHOS
Posts: 123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 1:36:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/9/2012 10:13:40 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.

It is more probable that humans created; Man as God!!
All atheists are a good example!!

Man can't create God.. The idea of God is "God is ALMIGHTY!!"
No rational man would claim to be ALMIGHTY unless he thought he was GOD! BACK..
Back to the start.. It is more probable that humans created; Man as God!!

Your words.. there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God.

Reasonable??? OKAY.. Lets have your reason for using the word "Reasonable"?

Man has ALWAYS believed in a "God/gods/higher being"!
I can use the word "ALWAYS" because there are cave paintings depicting such!

The North American Indian believed in "The Great White Spirit"!
Inca
Aztec
Egyptians
The various peoples found in the scriptures had idols to their gods!

Atheists have FAITH/BELIEF there is NO God.. They can't prove it!!

Dogknox

I never said I could prove it. I said it's more probable. And, I'm not an atheist, I'm secular-there's a difference.

Atheism: The rejection of belief in the existence of deities.

Secular: The state of being separate from religion, or not being exclusively allied to any particular religion.
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
Dogknox
Posts: 5,072
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 12:41:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
ATHOS You said..
I never said I could prove it. I said it's more probable. And, I'm not an atheist, I'm secular-there's a difference.

Atheism: The rejection of belief in the existence of deities.

Secular: The state of being separate from religion, or not being exclusively allied to any particular religion.

I reply: The Atheism has BELIEF and Faith there is NOT a God!
You have no faith what so ever except, in yourself!
Your truth is what you want "Truth to Be"!
I feel sorry for you.. Basically lost soul!!

Dogknox
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 3:06:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 12:41:06 PM, Dogknox wrote:
ATHOS You said..
I never said I could prove it. I said it's more probable. And, I'm not an atheist, I'm secular-there's a difference.

Atheism: The rejection of belief in the existence of deities.

Secular: The state of being separate from religion, or not being exclusively allied to any particular religion.

I reply: The Atheism has BELIEF and Faith there is NOT a God!
You have no faith what so ever except, in yourself!
Your truth is what you want "Truth to Be"!
I feel sorry for you.. Basically lost soul!!

Dogknox

And I feel sorry for you. Your bluster and demeanor are so potent and negative that you actually damage your own cause more than any atheist ever could.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 3:36:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/9/2012 10:13:40 AM, Dogknox wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.

It is more probable that humans created; Man as God!!
All atheists are a good example!!

Man can't create God.. The idea of God is "God is ALMIGHTY!!"
No rational man would claim to be ALMIGHTY unless he thought he was GOD! BACK..
Back to the start.. It is more probable that humans created; Man as God!!

You make no sense. It is more likely that man created the concept of God, rather than God actually creating us, due to parsimony. You didn't respond to this and just spewed out incoherent babble.

Your words.. there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God.

Reasonable??? OKAY.. Lets have your reason for using the word "Reasonable"?

Man has ALWAYS believed in a "God/gods/higher being"!
I can use the word "ALWAYS" because there are cave paintings depicting such!

If they always believed that 1 + 1 = 3 would that lead credence to it being true? The only things that matter are the evidence and the arguments, and both overwhelmingly support Atheism over Theism.


The North American Indian believed in "The Great White Spirit"!
Inca
Aztec
Egyptians
The various peoples found in the scriptures had idols to their gods!

Every time God has been posited as an explanation for something, the explanation has been false. Wolf God eating the sun? No, just an eclipse. God getting angry? No, just a natural disaster (you catch my drift). God is simply based on the illusion of external agency, a cognitive bias. Of course most people believed that some intelligence and consciousness was responsible for things they didn't know the answer for, they are intelligent and conscious! I'm sure every Atheist will agree, that the fact most people believed in God throughout history is actually understandable, but this does absolutely nothing to credit the idea actually being true. I think you need to go back to the drawing board.


Atheists have FAITH/BELIEF there is NO God.. They can't prove it!!

Most Atheists are weak Atheists, thus they have no burden to prove God does not exist. All they have a burden of doing is showing why theistic arguments fail, to justify their position for not accepting God's existence. However, one can prove the probable non-existence of God (PoE, DH), or show how the very idea of God is impossible (incompatible properties). Both methods have been used to justify strong Atheism (reasonable belief that God does not exist). It seems the sophisticated theists do not take the incompatible properties arguments all too seriously (theists have many escape routes for most of them), but the PoE and DH are taken very seriously by many theists, and many accept them as genuine problems. While they may also in the same breath believe their objections work, they would also have to be humble and at least admit Atheists do at least have a basis for reasonable non-belief in the existence of God.

Human being's existence is self-evident, God's existence is not. Thus if we adhere to parsimony, it's more likely that humans created the concept of God, and God didn't actually create us. Also, there are huge developments in the study of Abiogenesis, and Evolution has been established as a scientific fact, so we have very, very, very little reason to take any God "hypothesis" seriously.


Dogknox
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 4:44:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/9/2012 1:36:54 PM, ATHOS wrote:
I never said I could prove it. I said it's more probable. And, I'm not an atheist, I'm secular-there's a difference.
I'm sure there is because they address different things.

Atheism: The rejection of belief in the existence of deities.
Or the belief that deities do not exist; same difference.

Secular: The state of being separate from religion, or not being exclusively allied to any particular religion.
That's nice, but atheism & secularism are not mutually exclusive. So you can be a secular-atheist or a secular-theist for that matter!

secular-atheist: one who rejects the belief in the existence of deities and is separate from religion, or not being exclusively allied to any particular religion.

secular-theist: one who beliefs in the existence of deities and is separate from religion, or not being exclusively allied to any particular religion.

So if we take you at your word then you must be a secular-theist!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 4:56:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.


Your argument make it more likely that there is a God.

If what you run you logic all the way out, it would make no sense that men would even consider a God or Deity.

No God, no experience of God, no witnesses of God, no reason for God = No one would invent a God.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 5:03:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 4:56:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.


Your argument make it more likely that there is a God.
No, it really doesnt.

If what you run you logic all the way out, it would make no sense that men would even consider a God or Deity.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. We are conscious and intelligent, so without a better understanding of reality, humans will posit conscious and intelligent beings as explanations for almost everything.
No God, no experience of God, no witnesses of God, no reason for God = No one would invent a God.
False. Why humans would invent a God is extremely obvious. According to your logic, if there was no direct experience with time travel, we would have no reason to invent the idea of a time machine. Your logic is utterly flawed sir.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:07:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 5:03:38 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 4:56:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.


Your argument make it more likely that there is a God.
No, it really doesnt.

If what you run you logic all the way out, it would make no sense that men would even consider a God or Deity.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. We are conscious and intelligent, so without a better understanding of reality, humans will posit conscious and intelligent beings as explanations for almost everything.

Lmao, bare assertion much?

Why would a creature, who has n concept of a being, and has no reason too-- invent an all powerful being?

You keep skipping this.. Everything from fairies to aliens, is something we derive from something real, or observable.

No God, no experience of God, no witnesses of God, no reason for God = No one would invent a God.
False. Why humans would invent a God is extremely obvious. According to your logic, if there was no direct experience with time travel, we would have no reason to invent the idea of a time machine. Your logic is utterly flawed sir.


I got into this above.. we obviously have f*ckin concept of time dude.. If there has never been a God, or anything like a God, then we have no concept of him.. if we have no concept of something, we cannot create it or think of it.

Get it?

the only reason we believe in God(s) is because he was once very visually and audibly active in our world. We would have never thought of a God, had he not been.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:21:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 6:07:59 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 5:03:38 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 4:56:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.


Your argument make it more likely that there is a God.
No, it really doesnt.

If what you run you logic all the way out, it would make no sense that men would even consider a God or Deity.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. We are conscious and intelligent, so without a better understanding of reality, humans will posit conscious and intelligent beings as explanations for almost everything.

Lmao, bare assertion much?

Actually, you bare asserted your position in the first place. Special pleading much?

Why would a creature, who has n concept of a being, and has no reason too-- invent an all powerful being?

Since we are conscious and intelligent, we posit conscious and intelligence as explanations for things we are ignorant of. A long time ago, a lightning bolt would intuitively be due to a powerful intelligent being that they could not see, but this is simply false. A long time ago, an eclipse would mean a Wolf God was eating the sun...So it seems that human beings are prone to posit an intelligent being, or beings that they cannot see that don't actually exist, as explanations when they don't know the real cause. This is all due simply to bias, because we are intelligent and conscious, then this is what we automatically assume a cause is for things regarding subjects we are completely ignorant about. Thus, it's no mystery why humans would invent the idea of Gods when they don't actually exist.


You keep skipping this.. Everything from fairies to aliens, is something we derive from something real, or observable.

Oh really? We have observed fairies and Aliens have we? Also, I already provided an example using lightning for why someone would think of an invisible deity. They believe there is an intelligence but they can't see it, then they believe it's a supernatural (invisible) intelligence because of this. Yet, it doesn't actually exist.


No God, no experience of God, no witnesses of God, no reason for God = No one would invent a God.
False. Why humans would invent a God is extremely obvious. According to your logic, if there was no direct experience with time travel, we would have no reason to invent the idea of a time machine. Your logic is utterly flawed sir.


I got into this above.. we obviously have f*ckin concept of time dude..
And we have a f*ckin concept of intelligence and conscious causing things we well (ourselves), hence, the basis for belief in Gods.

If there has never been a God, or anything like a God, then we have no concept of him.. if we have no concept of something, we cannot create it or think of it.

I already debunked this claim. Why humans would come up with the idea of Gods, even if none exist, is extremely obvious.

Get it?

Of course I get it, how else would I know you are wrong?

the only reason we believe in God(s) is because he was once very visually and audibly active in our world. We would have never thought of a God, had he not been.

Wrong, humans believe in Gods because we are intelligent and conscious, and without an understanding of reality, our first and only default guess for explanations of things would be other intelligence and conscious we just cannot see. Try harder..
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:25:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 6:07:59 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 5:03:38 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 4:56:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.


Your argument make it more likely that there is a God.
No, it really doesnt.

If what you run you logic all the way out, it would make no sense that men would even consider a God or Deity.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. We are conscious and intelligent, so without a better understanding of reality, humans will posit conscious and intelligent beings as explanations for almost everything.

Lmao, bare assertion much?

Why would a creature, who has n concept of a being, and has no reason too-- invent an all powerful being?

You keep skipping this.. Everything from fairies to aliens, is something we derive from something real, or observable.

No God, no experience of God, no witnesses of God, no reason for God = No one would invent a God.
False. Why humans would invent a God is extremely obvious. According to your logic, if there was no direct experience with time travel, we would have no reason to invent the idea of a time machine. Your logic is utterly flawed sir.


I got into this above.. we obviously have f*ckin concept of time dude.. If there has never been a God, or anything like a God, then we have no concept of him.. if we have no concept of something, we cannot create it or think of it.

Get it?

the only reason we believe in God(s) is because he was once very visually and audibly active in our world. We would have never thought of a God, had he not been.

If you would like, we could debate this resolution:

"Without God's actual existence, the concept of God would not exist"

I would argue for Con. Care to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 6:44:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 6:25:30 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 6:07:59 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 5:03:38 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 4:56:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.


Your argument make it more likely that there is a God.
No, it really doesnt.

If what you run you logic all the way out, it would make no sense that men would even consider a God or Deity.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. We are conscious and intelligent, so without a better understanding of reality, humans will posit conscious and intelligent beings as explanations for almost everything.

Lmao, bare assertion much?

Why would a creature, who has n concept of a being, and has no reason too-- invent an all powerful being?

You keep skipping this.. Everything from fairies to aliens, is something we derive from something real, or observable.

No God, no experience of God, no witnesses of God, no reason for God = No one would invent a God.
False. Why humans would invent a God is extremely obvious. According to your logic, if there was no direct experience with time travel, we would have no reason to invent the idea of a time machine. Your logic is utterly flawed sir.


I got into this above.. we obviously have f*ckin concept of time dude.. If there has never been a God, or anything like a God, then we have no concept of him.. if we have no concept of something, we cannot create it or think of it.

Get it?

the only reason we believe in God(s) is because he was once very visually and audibly active in our world. We would have never thought of a God, had he not been.

If you would like, we could debate this resolution:

"Without God's actual existence, the concept of God would not exist"

I would argue for Con. Care to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?


lol damn.. good quote.

I'm down, as long as we can make it certain I will be defending the Christian God. Since I believe he is the true God and because of that, I hold to all other religions God's, being mere alterations of him who is true.

But, just a warning.. i usually don't have much time to repy.. i've forfeit like 3-4 debates already do to it.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:01:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 6:44:18 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 6:25:30 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 6:07:59 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 5:03:38 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 4:56:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.


Your argument make it more likely that there is a God.
No, it really doesnt.

If what you run you logic all the way out, it would make no sense that men would even consider a God or Deity.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. We are conscious and intelligent, so without a better understanding of reality, humans will posit conscious and intelligent beings as explanations for almost everything.

Lmao, bare assertion much?

Why would a creature, who has n concept of a being, and has no reason too-- invent an all powerful being?

You keep skipping this.. Everything from fairies to aliens, is something we derive from something real, or observable.

No God, no experience of God, no witnesses of God, no reason for God = No one would invent a God.
False. Why humans would invent a God is extremely obvious. According to your logic, if there was no direct experience with time travel, we would have no reason to invent the idea of a time machine. Your logic is utterly flawed sir.


I got into this above.. we obviously have f*ckin concept of time dude.. If there has never been a God, or anything like a God, then we have no concept of him.. if we have no concept of something, we cannot create it or think of it.

Get it?

the only reason we believe in God(s) is because he was once very visually and audibly active in our world. We would have never thought of a God, had he not been.

If you would like, we could debate this resolution:

"Without God's actual existence, the concept of God would not exist"

I would argue for Con. Care to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?


lol damn.. good quote.

Thank you, I've always wanted to use it lol


I'm down, as long as we can make it certain I will be defending the Christian God. Since I believe he is the true God and because of that, I hold to all other religions God's, being mere alterations of him who is true.

I was referring to the vague concept of an extremely powerful, invisible, conscious and intelligent being. However, I won't back down from a debate specifically referring to the Christian God, it is not that much more of a challenge.


But, just a warning.. i usually don't have much time to repy.. i've forfeit like 3-4 debates already do to it.

Well since you made the claim that the concept of God wouldn't exist unless he actually existed, you should issue the debate and get the first word to state your case. Also, since you said you are time restricted, you can issue it whenever you'd like. I think this would be an interesting topic to debate.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:11:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 7:01:20 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 6:44:18 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 6:25:30 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 6:07:59 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 5:03:38 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/10/2012 4:56:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:30:21 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I would mention parsimony. We know humans exist as a fact, there is no reasonable non-belief regarding humans existence. However, there exists a reasonable non-belief of the existence of God. Therefore, saying that God created us instead of vice-versa is based on more assumptions (God exists) than the alternative (humans exist). Thus, it is more probable that humans created God than the other way around.


Your argument make it more likely that there is a God.
No, it really doesnt.

If what you run you logic all the way out, it would make no sense that men would even consider a God or Deity.

Actually, it makes perfect sense. We are conscious and intelligent, so without a better understanding of reality, humans will posit conscious and intelligent beings as explanations for almost everything.

Lmao, bare assertion much?

Why would a creature, who has n concept of a being, and has no reason too-- invent an all powerful being?

You keep skipping this.. Everything from fairies to aliens, is something we derive from something real, or observable.

No God, no experience of God, no witnesses of God, no reason for God = No one would invent a God.
False. Why humans would invent a God is extremely obvious. According to your logic, if there was no direct experience with time travel, we would have no reason to invent the idea of a time machine. Your logic is utterly flawed sir.


I got into this above.. we obviously have f*ckin concept of time dude.. If there has never been a God, or anything like a God, then we have no concept of him.. if we have no concept of something, we cannot create it or think of it.

Get it?

the only reason we believe in God(s) is because he was once very visually and audibly active in our world. We would have never thought of a God, had he not been.

If you would like, we could debate this resolution:

"Without God's actual existence, the concept of God would not exist"

I would argue for Con. Care to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?


lol damn.. good quote.

Thank you, I've always wanted to use it lol

lol I shoulda said.. ok, you wanna get nuts! c'mon, let get nuts!

(hopefully you get that quote)


I'm down, as long as we can make it certain I will be defending the Christian God. Since I believe he is the true God and because of that, I hold to all other religions God's, being mere alterations of him who is true.

I was referring to the vague concept of an extremely powerful, invisible, conscious and intelligent being. However, I won't back down from a debate specifically referring to the Christian God, it is not that much more of a challenge.

Hmm, well that could be easier.. i'll let you know; if you don't mind either way.


But, just a warning.. i usually don't have much time to repy.. i've forfeit like 3-4 debates already do to it.

Well since you made the claim that the concept of God wouldn't exist unless he actually existed, you should issue the debate and get the first word to state your case. Also, since you said you are time restricted, you can issue it whenever you'd like. I think this would be an interesting topic to debate.

Appreciate it. I'll send it to you when i know i'll have a string of free time.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.