Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What fulfills your lifee?

tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 9:45:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I am fulfilled by the gospel. There is never a time I feel alone or lost. Christ is a moments notice away, a simple prayer is all it takes. The Gospel also gives me purpose and hope that is unparalleled to any worldly thing.

I am curious what fulfills your life?f
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 9:50:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't have a passion or a calling, so it really boils down to the love and relationships I have with family and friends.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 9:52:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm fulfilled by knowing I'm here by chance, and am extremely lucky. Out of all the sperm, and all the eggs, I got lucky and came out. I'm only going to exist for a handful of centuries as a conscious being, but knowing that my conscious experience is finite, makes me appreciate it that much more. If life went on forever, then the "life market" would be flooded, and life would have little to no value. I'm fulfilled by knowing I have this one life to live and to make it count, and I'm fulfilled by knowing that I have many years ahead to me get what I want to get done before I become ash, or maggot food.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 9:59:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 9:52:42 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
*handful of decades

Interesting answers so far...

Do you guys have a spiritual component to your life?
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:04:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 9:59:31 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:52:42 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
*handful of decades

Interesting answers so far...

Do you guys have a spiritual component to your life?

My family is highly spiritual. That is the extent of it.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:05:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ketchup.

Next question.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:05:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 9:52:09 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I'm fulfilled by knowing I'm here by chance, and am extremely lucky. Out of all the sperm, and all the eggs, I got lucky and came out. I'm only going to exist for a handful of centuries as a conscious being, but knowing that my conscious experience is finite, makes me appreciate it that much more. If life went on forever, then the "life market" would be flooded, and life would have little to no value. I'm fulfilled by knowing I have this one life to live and to make it count, and I'm fulfilled by knowing that I have many years ahead to me get what I want to get done before I become ash, or maggot food.

I don't understand how any of that could be remotely fulfilling. It all sounds either terrible or trivial.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:09:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 10:05:53 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:52:09 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I'm fulfilled by knowing I'm here by chance, and am extremely lucky. Out of all the sperm, and all the eggs, I got lucky and came out. I'm only going to exist for a handful of centuries as a conscious being, but knowing that my conscious experience is finite, makes me appreciate it that much more. If life went on forever, then the "life market" would be flooded, and life would have little to no value. I'm fulfilled by knowing I have this one life to live and to make it count, and I'm fulfilled by knowing that I have many years ahead to me get what I want to get done before I become ash, or maggot food.

I don't understand how any of that could be remotely fulfilling. It all sounds either terrible or trivial.

Well that's your interpretation. I find it very poetic, and it fulfills me. You do realize that what fulfills you in life is completely subjective, right?
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:13:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 9:59:31 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 7/8/2012 9:52:42 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
*handful of decades

Interesting answers so far...

Do you guys have a spiritual component to your life?

What do you mean by spiritual? I would say "yes" in a metaphorical sense. I feel a oneness with the universe, due to the fact that we are all made of the same elements, and the atoms in my body have passed through generations of stars. However, I do not believe that I actually have a 'spirit' that rises off the body after my vital bodily functions shut down.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:18:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 9:45:42 PM, tyler90az wrote:
I am curious what fulfills your life?

I have no spiritual component in my life. Life is fulfilling on it's own terms, understanding and enjoying the world as it.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:18:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
But on a non philosophical level, and on a day to day level, I'm fulfilled by socializing. I like partying, being around friends and girls, and just interacting with my fellow primates ;)
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:19:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 10:16:14 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 7/8/2012 10:05:05 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Ketchup.

Next question.

Pathetic, heretic. It's bacon!

But......with Ketchup....you can survive any food.

1. Drench.

2. Bite in.

3. If you can still taste the food, re-do steps 1-2.

Then again....you could do that with Bacon.....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:34:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 10:27:17 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Nihilism. :P

But...but nihilists are all edgy teens who hate life, write sad poetry, and love anarchy, which is clearly just a bunch of people lighting sh1t on fire. How is THAT fulfilling!!!!????
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:40:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
What fulfills me life? Eh, what would fulfill my life? I'd just like to be content and happy. All I'd ask for.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:44:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Learning fulfills me. I'm always in search of something new and interesting to learn about. I feel much more connected and fulfilled when I feel like I know more. Knowledge is power.

I am spiritual as in I am a Christian as well.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:47:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 10:44:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Learning fulfills me. I'm always in search of something new and interesting to learn about. I feel much more connected and fulfilled when I feel like I know more. Knowledge is power.

I am spiritual as in I am a Christian as well.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:47:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 10:40:37 PM, phantom wrote:
What fulfills me life? Eh, what would fulfill my life? I'd just like to be content and happy. All I'd ask for.

Be of Good Cheer
http://www.lds.org...
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 12:18:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/9/2012 12:14:03 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 7/9/2012 12:11:04 AM, Cermank wrote:

I am curious what fulfills your life?

My dreams.

"I wanna be a fireman" dreams, or "I'm f*ckng a fireman" dreams?

Why do I have to chose?
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 12:32:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/9/2012 12:18:41 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 7/9/2012 12:14:03 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 7/9/2012 12:11:04 AM, Cermank wrote:

I am curious what fulfills your life?

My dreams.

"I wanna be a fireman" dreams, or "I'm f*ckng a fireman" dreams?

Why do I have to chose?

I take it that your sense of humor could use some sharpening.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 12:43:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/9/2012 12:32:25 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:


I take it that your sense of humor could use some sharpening.

http://www.myfacewhen.com...

Derp.

I was answering your question, by the way.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 5:04:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It varies all the time. I pretty much bounce from interest to interest all the time. I haven't found any one passion that lights up my life or anything.

Mind you, bacon. Bacon.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 7:01:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/8/2012 9:45:42 PM, tyler90az wrote:
Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I am fulfilled by the gospel. There is never a time I feel alone or lost. Christ is a moments notice away, a simple prayer is all it takes. The Gospel also gives me purpose and hope that is unparalleled to any worldly thing.

I am curious what fulfills your life?f

I don't know. It's not over yet.
tyler90az
Posts: 971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 10:35:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bacon is like God manifest
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2012 10:38:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
tyler, let's put your faith to the test. I challenge you to be homeless for just 24 hours. Then come back and tell me if the Gospels fulfilled your desires while you were alone and hungry and cold.