Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

Armageddon close?

lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:24:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Is Armagedon closer than you think? The Bible predicts that an amry of 200 million will rise in the West (NATO?) fight the final battle in Meggeto, Syria. This is where Jesus returns. It possible that Europe defises Russia and leads a US and EU attack on Syria. The Bible speaks of no one being able to buy anything without have the mark of the beast, but how close are we to that totalitarian state. With the war on terror and the partiot act in closer survance next step could be the mark. Is also said that Israel will rise again (1948) and will be cut off from the rest of the world from a Muslum Curtain. Gentile invasion will hold the City of God (Jerusalum) for 4 years. Then the anti-christ will make peace with Israel. The fire and brim stone could possible be nuclear wepons.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
acvavra
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2012 7:52:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Its very close. The Bible says, "For as it was in the days of Noah, So shall it be in the Day of the Son of Man(Christ)." The people mocked Noah while he builded the ark and called him judgemental for preaching to them, but then the Flood came and they were sorry. The unsaved people reading this will no doubt start mocking us, but they will be sorry when God comes back to squish them like grapes for mocking Him for so long(Isaiah 63:1-6). This is what GOD SAID: And I will TREAD DOWN THE PEOPLE IN MINE ANGER(Isaiah 63:6) and also: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury, AND THEIR BLOOD SHALL BE SPRINKLED UPON MY GARMENTS, and I will stain all my raiment.
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 8:26:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Indeed the end is near. The good book also says that the Gentiles will hold jerusalum for 4 years and 6 months, this could possible be the golam heights dispute. Here's some help desifering revalations.
Lady- Israel
baby- Jesus
dragon- satan
abisis- earthquake
wormwood- air pollution
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
inferno
Posts: 10,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 8:40:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 7:24:54 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Is Armagedon closer than you think? The Bible predicts that an amry of 200 million will rise in the West (NATO?) fight the final battle in Meggeto, Syria. This is where Jesus returns. It possible that Europe defises Russia and leads a US and EU attack on Syria. The Bible speaks of no one being able to buy anything without have the mark of the beast, but how close are we to that totalitarian state. With the war on terror and the partiot act in closer survance next step could be the mark. Is also said that Israel will rise again (1948) and will be cut off from the rest of the world from a Muslum Curtain. Gentile invasion will hold the City of God (Jerusalum) for 4 years. Then the anti-christ will make peace with Israel. The fire and brim stone could possible be nuclear wepons.

Yes. When you see the Egyptians trying to establish a Muslim heirchy in
Jerusalem, then that will be your sign.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 2:18:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's a good thing if it is..
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 2:26:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
LOL @ these folks thinking the kingdom of Christ is yet future - that the mission of Christ was a failure. The kingdom exists now, and has existed for nearly 2,000 years. To try to predict the future based upon the figurative language of Revelation is at-best a system of human speculation and at worst an anachronism.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 6:09:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sorry, you will most likely die old, and the world will go on without you. Like Christopher Hitchens says, it's not the fact that "the party is over" that scares people, it's the fact that "the party is still going, but you have to leave". Theists wish for the end of days because only if this happens, will everybody be in the same boat as them at death (dying alone scares them). Wishing for the end of days is all psychological.

Anyway I hate to break it to you, but the "end of days" has been claimed countless times. Every time, it has been false. There is such a low chance of the end of our world in our lifetime, it is not even funny or worthy of discussion. Now, there are signs that half of the habitable planet that is habitable now, will be habitable by the year 2300 (global warming). However, this is under the assumption that we flood the atmosphere with greenhouse gases the whole time.

In reality, there are 0 signs of the end of the world anytime soon. The weather will get worse and hotter due to global warming, but the end of the world in the near future? I doubt it.

Also, no country is going to be using nuclear weapons any time soon either.
baggins
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 12:22:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 7:24:54 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Is Armagedon closer than you think? The Bible predicts that an amry of 200 million will rise in the West (NATO?) fight the final battle in Meggeto, Syria. This is where Jesus returns. It possible that Europe defises Russia and leads a US and EU attack on Syria. The Bible speaks of no one being able to buy anything without have the mark of the beast, but how close are we to that totalitarian state. With the war on terror and the partiot act in closer survance next step could be the mark. Is also said that Israel will rise again (1948) and will be cut off from the rest of the world from a Muslum Curtain. Gentile invasion will hold the City of God (Jerusalum) for 4 years. Then the anti-christ will make peace with Israel. The fire and brim stone could possible be nuclear wepons.

Can you back the highlighted part with sources from The Holy Bible.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 12:56:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 12:22:58 PM, baggins wrote:
At 7/10/2012 7:24:54 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Is Armagedon closer than you think? The Bible predicts that an amry of 200 million will rise in the West (NATO?) fight the final battle in Meggeto, Syria. This is where Jesus returns. It possible that Europe defises Russia and leads a US and EU attack on Syria. The Bible speaks of no one being able to buy anything without have the mark of the beast, but how close are we to that totalitarian state. With the war on terror and the partiot act in closer survance next step could be the mark. Is also said that Israel will rise again (1948) and will be cut off from the rest of the world from a Muslum Curtain. Gentile invasion will hold the City of God (Jerusalum) for 4 years. Then the anti-christ will make peace with Israel. The fire and brim stone could possible be nuclear wepons.

Can you back the highlighted part with sources from The Holy Bible.

"The number of the mounted troops was twice ten thousand times ten thousand. I heard their number." Revelation 9:16

Not sure about the next three.

I assume this is where the next one is from:

"(1) I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, "Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. (2) But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months." Revelation 11:1-2

As far as I know, the last one is false.

Not saying I support this theory or anything. Matthew 24.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
SuburbiaSurvivor
Posts: 872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 1:11:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/16/2012 6:09:22 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sorry, you will most likely die old, and the world will go on without you. Like Christopher Hitchens says, it's not the fact that "the party is over" that scares people, it's the fact that "the party is still going, but you have to leave". Theists wish for the end of days because only if this happens, will everybody be in the same boat as them at death (dying alone scares them). Wishing for the end of days is all psychological.

You know, I don't relate to that at all. I don't have a problem with the world going on without me, but I would like to see the end of the world. It's like watching a movie or something. It's big, it's intense, and it's not boring. To me, the end times is a sort of "the best of times and the worst of times" epitome for planet earth. I feel like it's close, but I know that many things need to happen first.

Anyway I hate to break it to you, but the "end of days" has been claimed countless times. Every time, it has been false. There is such a low chance of the end of our world in our lifetime, it is not even funny or worthy of discussion. Now, there are signs that half of the habitable planet that is habitable now, will be habitable by the year 2300 (global warming). However, this is under the assumption that we flood the atmosphere with greenhouse gases the whole time.

In reality, there are 0 signs of the end of the world anytime soon. The weather will get worse and hotter due to global warming, but the end of the world in the near future? I doubt it.

It would be strange if you said anything different.

Also, no country is going to be using nuclear weapons any time soon either.

Agreed.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
SuburbiaSurvivor
Posts: 872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 1:16:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 7:24:54 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Is Armagedon closer than you think? The Bible predicts that an amry of 200 million will rise in the West (NATO?) fight the final battle in Meggeto, Syria. This is where Jesus returns. It possible that Europe defises Russia and leads a US and EU attack on Syria. The Bible speaks of no one being able to buy anything without have the mark of the beast, but how close are we to that totalitarian state. With the war on terror and the partiot act in closer survance next step could be the mark. Is also said that Israel will rise again (1948) and will be cut off from the rest of the world from a Muslum Curtain. Gentile invasion will hold the City of God (Jerusalum) for 4 years. Then the anti-christ will make peace with Israel. The fire and brim stone could possible be nuclear wepons.

I was actually studying eschatology for a while. I know that many things have taken place and are taking place as predicted, but many other political events need to happen first, namely that of a global unification, or, "New World Order". There are a few other prophesies, but I've forgotten them all.
"I'm going to tell you something that you're never going to forget, SuburbiaSurvivor. Women... Are just human beings"
lannan13
Posts: 23,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 2:28:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Armaggedon comes from the term armeggeto which is on mt. meggeto. The book of revalations could very well be based off of the oldest recorded battle in history. When the Egpytians came to town and held the city under a seige.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 5:26:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 1:11:14 PM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
At 7/16/2012 6:09:22 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sorry, you will most likely die old, and the world will go on without you. Like Christopher Hitchens says, it's not the fact that "the party is over" that scares people, it's the fact that "the party is still going, but you have to leave". Theists wish for the end of days because only if this happens, will everybody be in the same boat as them at death (dying alone scares them). Wishing for the end of days is all psychological.

You know, I don't relate to that at all. I don't have a problem with the world going on without me, but I would like to see the end of the world. It's like watching a movie or something. It's big, it's intense, and it's not boring. To me, the end times is a sort of "the best of times and the worst of times" epitome for planet earth. I feel like it's close, but I know that many things need to happen first.

Anyway I hate to break it to you, but the "end of days" has been claimed countless times. Every time, it has been false. There is such a low chance of the end of our world in our lifetime, it is not even funny or worthy of discussion. Now, there are signs that half of the habitable planet that is habitable now, will be habitable by the year 2300 (global warming). However, this is under the assumption that we flood the atmosphere with greenhouse gases the whole time.

In reality, there are 0 signs of the end of the world anytime soon. The weather will get worse and hotter due to global warming, but the end of the world in the near future? I doubt it.

It would be strange if you said anything different.

Also, no country is going to be using nuclear weapons any time soon either.

Agreed.

People have always felt it was "close" for as long as humans have existed. Once more, wishing for the end of the world and thinking it's "close" is all psychological. You probably won't see the end of the world in your lifetime.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 8:26:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/16/2012 2:26:02 PM, annanicole wrote:
LOL @ these folks thinking the kingdom of Christ is yet future - that the mission of Christ was a failure. The kingdom exists now, and has existed for nearly 2,000 years. To try to predict the future based upon the figurative language of Revelation is at-best a system of human speculation and at worst an anachronism.

^^^ People always ignore the best initial posts in converstations like this.

I know, I know. Then, how could we continuously argue about the same things all the time? Just takes the fun out of it. I know.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 10:21:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/16/2012 2:18:32 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
It's a good thing if it is..

LO...wait, more sad than funny.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 10:36:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/16/2012 2:18:32 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
It's a good thing if it is..

The Fool: you see its 'Ideas' like this that make christianity evil. Why would anybody want such a horrible think to happens. Its not going to happend. Matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed. You would rather us have a horrible fate, To fulfill mythology. Then to have higher hopes. For life and humanity.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 10:37:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 1:11:14 PM, SuburbiaSurvivor wrote:
At 7/16/2012 6:09:22 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Sorry, you will most likely die old, and the world will go on without you. Like Christopher Hitchens says, it's not the fact that "the party is over" that scares people, it's the fact that "the party is still going, but you have to leave". Theists wish for the end of days because only if this happens, will everybody be in the same boat as them at death (dying alone scares them). Wishing for the end of days is all psychological.

You know, I don't relate to that at all. I don't have a problem with the world going on without me, but I would like to see the end of the world. It's like watching a movie or something. It's big, it's intense, and it's not boring. To me, the end times is a sort of "the best of times and the worst of times" epitome for planet earth. I feel like it's close, but I know that many things need to happen first.

Anyway I hate to break it to you, but the "end of days" has been claimed countless times. Every time, it has been false. There is such a low chance of the end of our world in our lifetime, it is not even funny or worthy of discussion. Now, there are signs that half of the habitable planet that is habitable now, will be habitable by the year 2300 (global warming). However, this is under the assumption that we flood the atmosphere with greenhouse gases the whole time.

In reality, there are 0 signs of the end of the world anytime soon. The weather will get worse and hotter due to global warming, but the end of the world in the near future? I doubt it.

It would be strange if you said anything different.

Also, no country is going to be using nuclear weapons any time soon either.

Agreed.

The Fool: so watch a movie. To think like you are is Morally Wrong.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 1:35:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 7:28:33 AM, drafterman wrote:
Armageddon outa here.

This is the problem Drafterman, You have no respect, You are a lame. You try to sit high and mighty on you computer with mockeries. If you was any type of descent human beings, you would just know religious people will do as they will and get over it and go on with what you feel and leave it there. But you do not, you crtitically annoy, because you have no real life. Your life is so pethatic that you resort to Bible and God bashing, BTW which is false and not real, You say. If it was so clearly false and unreal then why rant and childishly remark about?
TheAsylum
slo1
Posts: 4,308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2012 4:12:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/10/2012 7:24:54 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Is Armagedon closer than you think? The Bible predicts that an amry of 200 million will rise in the West (NATO?) fight the final battle in Meggeto, Syria. This is where Jesus returns. It possible that Europe defises Russia and leads a US and EU attack on Syria. The Bible speaks of no one being able to buy anything without have the mark of the beast, but how close are we to that totalitarian state. With the war on terror and the partiot act in closer survance next step could be the mark. Is also said that Israel will rise again (1948) and will be cut off from the rest of the world from a Muslum Curtain. Gentile invasion will hold the City of God (Jerusalum) for 4 years. Then the anti-christ will make peace with Israel. The fire and brim stone could possible be nuclear wepons.

Probably not close. In fact it all depends upon ones sect of Christianity. The Catholic doctrine does not prescribe that the book of revelations is a foretelling of the end of world. Many historical interpretations point to it being in context to the fall of Jerusalem from Rome. It is mainly hardliner brands of Christianity that don't allow historical, cultural, and other context to influence the interpretation of the bible.

My personal opinion on the matter. I think the people who have started up these companies who promise to take care of the pets of individuals who suddenly get whisked to heaven in the rapture are geniuses. Easy money for something will never have to do.