For All Good People

acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:03:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
YOUR NOT GOOD.
Romans 3:23 says, " For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God." Thus your a sinner. What's the price for sin? Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death, and "Death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire"(Rev 20:14-15). Thus you are going to burn in a Lake of Fire forever to pay for your sins. Still want to party all the time? No good deed you do will ever atone for your sins!

But God decided that He didn't want you to burn forever without giving you a way out IF YOU WANT IT. So He paid YOUR SINS FOR YOU on the Cross, instead of you paying for them in Hell. So all YOU HAVE TO DO IS ACCEPT HIS PAYMENT FOR YOUR SINS by Asking Jesus Christ to SAVE YOU FROM HELL. Its God's gift to you.

Just Pray: Lord Jesus, Please Forgive me for all my sins. I accept your payment for my sins and ask you now to save me from Hell. Please come into my heart and save this evil, wicked soul of mine from going to Hell. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:07:09 PM
That was a great opening line! You really reeled me in but the rest of the post lacked that same punch. That's where you're losing them. Also, note the difference between you're and your for future reference.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:11:18 PM
At 7/13/2012 12:03:27 PM, acvavra wrote:
YOUR NOT GOOD.

My not good what?

Romans 3:23 says, " For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God." Thus your a sinner. What's the price for sin? Romans 6:23 says, "For the wages of sin is death, and "Death and hell were cast into the Lake of Fire"(Rev 20:14-15). Thus you are going to burn in a Lake of Fire forever to pay for your sins. Still want to party all the time? No good deed you do will ever atone for your sins!

But God decided that He didn't want you to burn forever without giving you a way out IF YOU WANT IT. So He paid YOUR SINS FOR YOU on the Cross, instead of you paying for them in Hell. So all YOU HAVE TO DO IS ACCEPT HIS PAYMENT FOR YOUR SINS by Asking Jesus Christ to SAVE YOU FROM HELL. Its God's gift to you.

Just Pray: Lord Jesus, Please Forgive me for all my sins. I accept your payment for my sins and ask you now to save me from Hell. Please come into my heart and save this evil, wicked soul of mine from going to Hell. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

I don't recognize the authority or legitimacy of these claims. Demonstrate them.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:33:50 PM
YOUR NOT GOOD.

You are perfectly correct in your statement that if a complete account of our deeds is taken, none of us will be able to go to heaven. Such are the mercies of God, that no matter what we do, we can never repay God in full.

However God is also forgiving. If someone atones for sins, God can overlook the sins. God does not 'need' blood before forgiving anything. Death of an innocent prophet of God (Peace on Him) for our sins does not make any sense.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:40:50 PM
When atheos, the god of the atheists, turns out to be the One True God and burn all non-atheists in hell you guys are going to feel very silly.
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:42:21 PM
At 7/13/2012 12:11:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
YOUR NOT GOOD.

My not good what?

I don't recognize the authority or legitimacy of these claims. Demonstrate them.

They are biblical.
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 12:44:52 PM
At 7/13/2012 12:33:50 PM, baggins wrote:
YOUR NOT GOOD.

You are perfectly correct in your statement that if a complete account of our deeds is taken, none of us will be able to go to heaven. Such are the mercies of God, that no matter what we do, we can never repay God in full.

However God is also forgiving. If someone atones for sins, God can overlook the sins. God does not 'need' blood before forgiving anything. Death of an innocent prophet of God (Peace on Him) for our sins does not make any sense.

You are not good enough to go to Heaven. You must accept Christ, for He never sinned, in order to get there. For when you do accept Him, God imputs His righteousness to you.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:00:45 PM
At 7/13/2012 12:40:50 PM, Kinesis wrote:
When atheos, the god of the atheists, turns out to be the One True God and burn all non-atheists in hell you guys are going to feel very silly.

This.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:04:54 PM
At 7/13/2012 12:42:21 PM, acvavra wrote:
YOUR NOT GOOD.

My not good what?

They are biblical.

So? Why should I care what the Bible has to say about anything?
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:05:38 PM
At 7/13/2012 12:44:52 PM, acvavra wrote:
YOUR NOT GOOD.

You are not good enough to go to Heaven. You must accept Christ, for He never sinned, in order to get there. For when you do accept Him, God imputs His righteousness to you.

Yes I am not good enough to go to heaven unless God forgives my sins. This applies to you also. So we need to accept the teaching of Christ Jesus (Peace on Him) and follow his instructions and ask God for forgiveness of our sins.

The Holy Bible Matthew 7:7-11
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:40:51 PM
At 7/13/2012 1:04:54 PM, drafterman wrote:
YOUR NOT GOOD.

My not good what?

They are biblical.

Because its the Word of God.
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:41:54 PM
At 7/13/2012 1:05:38 PM, baggins wrote:
At 7/13/2012 12:44:52 PM, acvavra wrote:
YOUR NOT GOOD.

Yes I am not good enough to go to heaven unless God forgives my sins. This applies to you also. So we need to accept the teaching of Christ Jesus (Peace on Him) and follow his instructions and ask God for forgiveness of our sins.

The Holy Bible Matthew 7:7-11
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Right, so why don't you ask Christ to save you?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:47:23 PM
At 7/13/2012 1:40:51 PM, acvavra wrote:
YOUR NOT GOOD.

My not good what?

They are biblical.

Seriously, drafter, it's not that difficult. You should believe in God because the bible says so, and you should believe the bible because God says so. The logic is perfect, like a circle.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:51:47 PM
At 7/13/2012 1:40:51 PM, acvavra wrote:
YOUR NOT GOOD.

My not good what?

They are biblical.

According to what?
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 1:58:52 PM
To Drafterman: The Bible
It records 48 prophecies on one man Jesus Christ in the Old Testament. They were written any where from 400 to 1500 years apart by different authors on 3 different continents. And all 48 prophecies come true in one man Jesus Christ. The statisical probability of that happening is 1 out of 10 with 157 zeros after it. Peter Stoner in his book Science Speaks shows how the math works on that. Don't believe me, read his book.
That's why its the Word Of God.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 2:09:37 PM
At 7/13/2012 1:58:52 PM, acvavra wrote:
It records 48 prophecies on one man Jesus Christ in the Old Testament. They were written any where from 400 to 1500 years apart by different authors on 3 different continents. And all 48 prophecies come true in one man Jesus Christ. The statisical probability of that happening is 1 out of 10 with 157 zeros after it. Peter Stoner in his book Science Speaks shows how the math works on that. Don't believe me, read his book.

How do we know that Jesus actually fullfilled those prophecies?

Form my perspective, since Jesus is a fictional representation written specifically to appear to have fullfilled those prophecies, the "probability" is 1. This is all the more apparent when you consider that the Books you take to be the Bible were deliberately selected, by humans, to be in the Bible. Not everything in the Bible was everything written about Jesus or related subjects. People say down and decided what was canon and what was not.

Your statement boils down to the book being true because it says it's true. Do I really need to explain why that is not only fallacious, but not compelling?
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 2:15:45 PM
At 7/13/2012 1:58:52 PM, acvavra wrote:

Are you saying that the authors of the bible never had access to these prophecies, and therefore could never have padded the bible with claims of these prophecies being fullfilled, lying in order to draw more people to christianity?
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 2:24:11 PM
Because a Jewish historian named Josephus said Jesus existed in his book Antiquities. He had no reason to since he was a Jew. So yes, Jesus existed. Further Isaiah 40:22 says the earth is round. That was in 700 B.C. Second, the writers of the New Testament talked about their sins: lack of faith, denying Christ, unbelief in the Resurrection(Thomas), yet Jesus was just perfect. Further these apostles died for their beliefs. I highly doubt liars become martyrs Drafterman! Third the tomb is still empty and Christ's bones still haven't been found. Fourth, if the New Testament just made Jesus up, they would be liars. Do liars tell you to treat your fellow man kindly(Good Samaritan)? Do liars tell you to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? Do liars tell you, you should obey the Ten Commandments? Do liars tell you you should love the Lord your God with all your heart?

Drafterman, I could go on, but YOU JUST DO NOT WANT TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH! You would rather mock Christians and make fun of them! DON'T YOU! You should thank God He loves you 100 times more than I do!
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 2:25:08 PM
At 7/13/2012 2:24:11 PM, acvavra wrote:
Because a Jewish historian named Josephus said Jesus existed in his book Antiquities. He had no reason to since he was a Jew. So yes, Jesus existed. Further Isaiah 40:22 says the earth is round. That was in 700 B.C. Second, the writers of the New Testament talked about their sins: lack of faith, denying Christ, unbelief in the Resurrection(Thomas), yet Jesus was just perfect. Further these apostles died for their beliefs. I highly doubt liars become martyrs Drafterman! Third the tomb is still empty and Christ's bones still haven't been found. Fourth, if the New Testament just made Jesus up, they would be liars. Do liars tell you to treat your fellow man kindly(Good Samaritan)? Do liars tell you to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"? Do liars tell you, you should obey the Ten Commandments? Do liars tell you you should love the Lord your God with all your heart?

Drafterman, I could go on, but YOU JUST DO NOT WANT TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH! You would rather mock Christians and make fun of them! DON'T YOU! You should thank God He loves you 100 times more than I do!

You do realize that the earliest Christians considered themselves Jews?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 2:41:38 PM
At 7/13/2012 2:24:11 PM, acvavra wrote:
Because a Jewish historian named Josephus said Jesus existed in his book Antiquities. He had no reason to since he was a Jew. So yes, Jesus existed.

That doesn't mean he did everything the Bible said he did. There was probably a Robin Hood too, doesn't mean he did everything all the Robin Hood stories say he did.

Further Isaiah 40:22 says the earth is round. That was in 700 B.C.

So? The Bible calls bats birds.

Second, the writers of the New Testament talked about their sins: lack of faith, denying Christ, unbelief in the Resurrection(Thomas), yet Jesus was just perfect.

Again, so?

Further these apostles died for their beliefs. I highly doubt liars become martyrs Drafterman!

First, they only died for their beliefs according to the stories specifically selected to portray a consistent narrative that supports the beliefs of the people selecting the stories! Many people die for their beliefs. It doesn't make their beliefs correct.

Third the tomb is still empty and Christ's bones still haven't been found.

Neither have Jimmy Hoffa's.

Fourth, if the New Testament just made Jesus up, they would be liars.

No, it just means they're wrong. People can be honestly wrong.

Do liars tell you to treat your fellow man kindly(Good Samaritan)?

They can, if it suits their goals.

Do liars tell you to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"?

Do liars tell you, you should obey the Ten Commandments?

Do liars tell you you should love the Lord your God with all your heart?

Drafterman, I could go on, but YOU JUST DO NOT WANT TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH! You would rather mock Christians and make fun of them! DON'T YOU!

Sorry, but nothing you've said is compelling. Just because a book says things, that doesn't make it true. Your entire defense depends on the book being true, in order to prove it is true. This is circular. Do you, or do you not, understand the fallacy of circular reasoning?

Can you demonstrate the veracity of the Bible without using the Bible?

You should thank God He loves you 100 times more than I do!

Just 100?