Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Is Baptism Needed For Salvation

stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 2:18:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is a debate I set up with Dan123 because he said he would debate it with me. However, I am not sure if he wants to anymore, but if someone else wants to debate me on it please message me.

http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 2:50:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just make it an open challenge. You can restrict the acceptance criteria if you want to talk with possible opponents in the comments section first.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:24:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If God exists, he seems already petty enough. If he didn't save people just because they didn't get some water on their head, that would really push him over the limits of pettiness.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:26:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 2:18:53 PM, stubs wrote:
This is a debate I set up with Dan123 because he said he would debate it with me. However, I am not sure if he wants to anymore, but if someone else wants to debate me on it please message me.

http://www.debate.org...


I'll debate it if you're PRO.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:36:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 2:50:48 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Just make it an open challenge. You can restrict the acceptance criteria if you want to talk with possible opponents in the comments section first.

Yeah but whenever I see people people do that it seems pretty egotistical so I decided I would just make it a forum instead. Which may still seem egotistical, but I tried haha.
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 3:37:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:26:41 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 2:18:53 PM, stubs wrote:
This is a debate I set up with Dan123 because he said he would debate it with me. However, I am not sure if he wants to anymore, but if someone else wants to debate me on it please message me.

http://www.debate.org...


I'll debate it if you're PRO.

Sorry I am Con haha
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 4:22:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 3:37:35 PM, stubs wrote:
At 7/13/2012 3:26:41 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 7/13/2012 2:18:53 PM, stubs wrote:
This is a debate I set up with Dan123 because he said he would debate it with me. However, I am not sure if he wants to anymore, but if someone else wants to debate me on it please message me.

http://www.debate.org...


I'll debate it if you're PRO.

Sorry I am Con haha

I would love to take this debate, but a few metrics would need to be clarified. Most Christians do not hold salvation as synonymous with Heaven. The afterlife is not dichotomas.

They would hold that baptism is to fulfil all righteousness to get into heaven WITHOUT a stay in purgatory. So it is necessary for direct heaven bound saint, but not necessary for salvation from Sin or Satan's Grasp here on earth.
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 8:26:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 4:22:04 PM, Gileandos wrote:

I would love to take this debate, but a few metrics would need to be clarified. Most Christians do not hold salvation as synonymous with Heaven. The afterlife is not dichotomas.

They would hold that baptism is to fulfil all righteousness to get into heaven WITHOUT a stay in purgatory. So it is necessary for direct heaven bound saint, but not necessary for salvation from Sin or Satan's Grasp here on earth.

Ehh I would try to work a resolution out with you but it will just be hard because I wasn't expecting to debate someone who believed in purgatory. I could still try and work something out though
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2012 9:08:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would certainly accept the debate if it ran the full length and had the full number of characters allotted per response.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:57:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/13/2012 9:08:35 PM, annanicole wrote:
I would certainly accept the debate if it ran the full length and had the full number of characters allotted per response.

I'll message you once you accept my friend request.