Jump to topic:

My opinion on the Christian God.

ATHOS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 6:20:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think your god is too small for me, too weak, too human.

He has anger issues, and jealousies. He needs constant reassurance of his own godliness. He's petty and cruel (just ask Job's family). He's a poor judge of character, just look at his favorites, his patriarchs, Murderers, liars, thieves and incestuous to boot.

He's a sexist, misogynistic in the extreme. He seems obsessed with genitalia, snipping, clipping and hiding them. He's capricious and malign, hardening hearts for the sheer pleasure of meting out punishments. His sadism knows no bounds (Here, Abe, kill your only son for me, just kidding, slaughter this sheep instead.) He sends his followers, his chosen, out to slaughter every living thing except of course for the tender young virgins. Genocide, rape, pillaging all for his ‘glory'…

His followers say he has a plan, but I'm not so sure. The whole flood thing sounds like an idea born of a seven day drunk, even the book says he regretted it. "Sorry about the millions of men women children, kitten's colts and puppies, here have a rainbow."

Somewhere along the way, he decided it was necessary to grease the cosmic wheels with a little blood, a human sacrifice so that he had an excuse to change his admissions policy. "Why have you forsaken me?" doesn't sound like the words of a man who was in on the plan.

I think I'll wait until a real god shows up, or not.
The world goes spinning along pretty well without one.
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 8:31:19 AM
At 7/14/2012 6:20:14 AM, ATHOS wrote:
I think your god is too small for me, too weak, too human.

He has anger issues, and jealousies. He needs constant reassurance of his own godliness. He's petty and cruel (just ask Job's family). He's a poor judge of character, just look at his favorites, his patriarchs, Murderers, liars, thieves and incestuous to boot.

He's a sexist, misogynistic in the extreme. He seems obsessed with genitalia, snipping, clipping and hiding them. He's capricious and malign, hardening hearts for the sheer pleasure of meting out punishments. His sadism knows no bounds (Here, Abe, kill your only son for me, just kidding, slaughter this sheep instead.) He sends his followers, his chosen, out to slaughter every living thing except of course for the tender young virgins. Genocide, rape, pillaging all for his ‘glory'…

His followers say he has a plan, but I'm not so sure. The whole flood thing sounds like an idea born of a seven day drunk, even the book says he regretted it. "Sorry about the millions of men women children, kitten's colts and puppies, here have a rainbow."

Somewhere along the way, he decided it was necessary to grease the cosmic wheels with a little blood, a human sacrifice so that he had an excuse to change his admissions policy. "Why have you forsaken me?" doesn't sound like the words of a man who was in on the plan.

I think I'll wait until a real god shows up, or not.
The world goes spinning along pretty well without one.

I've said the same thing many of times. I'm supposed to believe that the amazing that omnipotent, omniscient, perfect being that created DNA, all the planets, galaxy structures, and organisms...Gets jealous when a group of people in obscure parts of the middle east worship an idol? I'm supposed to believe that this being who transcends time and space and fine-tuned the universe with such intelligence, gets so easily offended when people don't accept his existence on bad evidence?

It seems that Christians always defend some amazing God, but it's never the God I've read about in The Bible. The God in The Bible is clearly a person like us, human-like, with petty apish emotions like us and severely imperfect.
adsum_adesse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 12:31:45 AM
My honest opinion of the Christian God is that this being actually had good intention for the people of the Earth. As mankind and the world around it evolved, so did the distortion of the principles of the Christian God. People who despise religion, especially Christianity shouldn't necessarily blame the Christian God itself, but the people who abide my his "rules".
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 12:35:35 AM
The Fool: The problem has never been of God, but of humans. Who claim to know what he thinks. Know one knows these things.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 12:44:00 AM
The butchery of intellectual honesty is rampant amongst new atheism.

Why do we not let the opinions of hundreds of millions of theological scholars reign supreme rather than a couple of 'juiced' up, keyboarding, anti-theistic hacks.

Oh, wait. I know why you would ignore an entire field of scholasticism.

You are ignorant.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 1:10:23 AM
At 7/15/2012 12:44:00 AM, Gileandos wrote:
The butchery of intellectual honesty is rampant amongst new atheism.

The Fool: New athe

Why do we not let the opinions of hundreds of millions of theological scholars
reign supreme rather than a couple of 'juiced' up, keyboarding, anti-theistic hacks.

The Fool: Maybe because there has been zero progreess in 2000 of theology, is one reason. There is nothing rational about even the 'idea' of God if he has the characteristic of incomprehensibility.

You shouldn't need to use insults to proof anything.

Oh, wait. I know why you would ignore an entire field of scholasticism.

The Fool: because its completly inconsistence and been shown to be bad philosphy, its better just to read Aristiotle on his own. Its better philosophy.

You are ignorant.

The Fool: And you base this on absolutly nothing. So at least you practice what you preach in this sense. God is and appeal to Ignorance. You are not supernatural nor my you claim knowledge of it.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL