Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Which Bible verses support a tri-omni God?

Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 7:37:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Omnipotence

Matthew 19:26 - And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Omniscience

1 Samuel 2:3 - God is the God of knowledge. He knows everything.

Omnibenevolence

1 John 4:8 - He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 7:39:44 PM
At 7/15/2012 7:37:50 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
Omnipotence

Matthew 19:26 - And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Omniscience

1 Samuel 2:3 - God is the God of knowledge. He knows everything.

Omnibenevolence

1 John 4:8 - He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

My text of 1 Samuel 2:3 sucked. Here's a better one:

Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 8:39:16 PM
At 7/15/2012 5:14:55 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Is the tri-omni God something the philosophers conjured up, or is their Biblical foundation for this belief?

In the context of scripture, it's contrived.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 8:41:47 PM
Omnipotence

Oh wow, that's not vague at all.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2012 8:51:02 PM
I have no idea what the verses Nurb is citing have to do with it.

Here are a couple:
"Let us make man in our image" – Genesis 1:26
"God said, ‘Behold, the man has become like one of us…'" – Genesis 3:22

New Testament you have ones like:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…. No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." John chapter 1

Something specific you are looking for?
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 2:34:48 PM
At 7/15/2012 8:51:02 PM, Gileandos wrote:

Here are a couple:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God…. No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known." John chapter 1

I don't see how the verses I cited aren't relevant. "With God all things are possible" pretty clearly shows his omnipotence; "the Lord is a God who knows" can be a stretch, but shows omniscience, and "God is love" shows omnibenevolence. If I'm missing something, please explain.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 2:36:49 PM
At 7/15/2012 8:41:47 PM, 000ike wrote:
Omnipotence

"With God all things are possible" can be taken as omnipotence. Even the King James version of Revelation 19:6 clearly states, "And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth."
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 3:05:08 PM
At 7/16/2012 2:36:49 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
At 7/15/2012 8:41:47 PM, 000ike wrote:
Omnipotence

"With God all things are possible" can be taken as omnipotence. Even the King James version of Revelation 19:6 clearly states, "And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth."

How is "with God, all things are possible" possibly vague? It means that you can do all things with God ; all things are possible with God ; there is nothing that cannot be Done with God ; Cartesian Omnipotence.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 5:53:57 PM

His were perfectly relevant.

Here are a couple:

How does this support a tri-omni God, exactly?

This has nothing to do with the thread..

I'm Just asking theists to post Bible verses that support a tri-omni God.
Gileandos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 6:35:16 PM
At 7/16/2012 2:34:48 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:

Here are a couple:

I don't see how the verses I cited aren't relevant. "With God all things are possible" pretty clearly shows his omnipotence; "the Lord is a God who knows" can be a stretch, but shows omniscience, and "God is love" shows omnibenevolence. If I'm missing something, please explain.

I misread. In speaking with this the word is usually omnimax being and triune. I read it as triune.