Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Prove to me your god(s) existence.

Osiris123
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 7:33:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Brand new user; JUST made my account and want to start it off with something fun.

Prove to me, any and every person reading this, what proof you have of your god(s) existence(those lacking such beliefs, we've nothing really to debate xD).
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, God exists!
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:01:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1) The Jews are the chosen people
2) If God exists the Jewish race would never die
3) The Jewish race has gone through a holocaust and diaspora
4) They survived
5) God exists

;D
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:31:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, God exists!

I hope you are joking....
Nur-Ab-Sal
Posts: 1,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:35:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Try to "prove" anything, and there will always be someone that disagrees.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:43:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 10:31:49 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, God exists!

I hope you are joking....

Lol, yes. I'm not actually an idiot. (I hope)
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:47:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Anyways, I don't like answering these threads simply because it is one of the biggest questions to me personally and my opinion has evolved over many years, with many different factors contributing to my belief and the factors are often very hard to communicate and I'd end up writing many pages if I wanted to give good justification to the question.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:47:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 10:43:33 PM, phantom wrote:
At 7/17/2012 10:31:49 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, God exists!

I hope you are joking....

Lol, yes. I'm not actually an idiot. (I hope)

You don't seem like it. I guess sometimes it's hard to detect sarcasm on the Internet lol
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:49:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 10:47:03 PM, phantom wrote:
Anyways, I don't like answering these threads simply because it is one of the biggest questions to me personally and my opinion has evolved over many years, with many different factors contributing to my belief and the factors are often very hard to communicate and I'd end up writing many pages if I wanted to give good justification to the question.

Is your position, I can't not believe that we are here due to intelligence, but, religion is BS? Or, have I completely misrepresented your position? lol
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:50:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 10:47:22 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/17/2012 10:43:33 PM, phantom wrote:
At 7/17/2012 10:31:49 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, God exists!

I hope you are joking....

Lol, yes. I'm not actually an idiot. (I hope)

You don't seem like it. I guess sometimes it's hard to detect sarcasm on the Internet lol

Yeah, I do actually need to work on my internet sarcasm. I was assuming the sheer stupidity of the argument would imply I was trolling but then again, I could actually see a theist making that argument unfortunately.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:53:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 10:49:15 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 7/17/2012 10:47:03 PM, phantom wrote:
Anyways, I don't like answering these threads simply because it is one of the biggest questions to me personally and my opinion has evolved over many years, with many different factors contributing to my belief and the factors are often very hard to communicate and I'd end up writing many pages if I wanted to give good justification to the question.

Is your position, I can't not believe that we are here due to intelligence, but, religion is BS? Or, have I completely misrepresented your position? lol

I'm honestly wandering where you got that from :P (unless it's not from this post?) but I am indeed a theist who does not believe in religion.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
vmpire321
Posts: 4,731
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:55:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, God exists!

I'm convinced.

Which God though?
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:56:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 10:55:14 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, God exists!

I'm convinced.

Which God though?

Alll of them.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 10:58:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 7:33:49 PM, Osiris123 wrote:
Brand new user; JUST made my account and want to start it off with something fun.

Prove to me, any and every person reading this, what proof you have of your god(s) existence(those lacking such beliefs, we've nothing really to debate xD).

1) God tells me to love all people
2) You are an internet troll and a person
3) I love you (send me pictures ;P)
4) There is no logical reason to love an internet troll
5) Therefore I must love you because God tells me to
6) If God didn't exist, he couldn't tell me things
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:13:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 7:33:49 PM, Osiris123 wrote:
Brand new user; JUST made my account and want to start it off with something fun.

Prove to me, any and every person reading this, what proof you have of your god(s) existence(those lacking such beliefs, we've nothing really to debate xD).

P1: God expressed to me tonight that he existed, and that Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior.
P2: Only if God existed, could God express to me tonight that he existed, and that Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior.
P3: Therefore, God exists.

Checkmate Atheist!
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:18:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, God exists!

The Fool: Hmm. We all believed the earth flat, would you say that it was proof that the earth what flat??? Proof is a much stronger claim then evidence.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:20:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, it is more probable than not God exists!

This is a better way of putting it.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:26:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 10:35:20 PM, Nur-Ab-Sal wrote:
Try to "prove" anything, and there will always be someone that disagrees.

The Fool: But what would agreeing have anything to do with it. If we agree we are people made of cheese does the believe or agreence matter about a corresponding truth.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:27:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 11:18:11 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, God exists!

The Fool: Hmm. We all believed the earth flat, would you say that it was proof that the earth what flat??? Proof is a much stronger claim then evidence.

The Fool: Its hard to tell there are lots of arguement that are that bad. ALot! its looks perfectly normal to me.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:29:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 11:20:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, it is more probable than not God exists!

This is a better way of putting it.

The Fool: What probablity is this out of?
E.G. like 70/100

How do you know its more or less probable?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:32:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: So would you guys say that, when we all thougth the earth was flat. It was more probable that it was flat?

Excuse my foolishnes I am really just trying to find an answer.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:35:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: I have always been just a very curious person.. Can anyboy help me with that answer?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:36:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: Just boys. lol
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:36:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 11:20:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, it is more probable than not God exists!

This is a better way of putting it.

Holy fvck. People think I'm serious!?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:37:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 11:36:35 PM, phantom wrote:
At 7/17/2012 11:20:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, it is more probable than not God exists!

This is a better way of putting it.

Holy fvck. People think I'm serious!?

And agree??
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 1:09:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/17/2012 11:36:35 PM, phantom wrote:
At 7/17/2012 11:20:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, it is more probable than not God exists!

This is a better way of putting it.

Holy fvck. People think I'm serious!?

I think he was kidding. But not sure. Sarcasm is so hard to tell on the internet haha
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 2:28:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/18/2012 1:09:07 AM, stubs wrote:
At 7/17/2012 11:36:35 PM, phantom wrote:
At 7/17/2012 11:20:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, it is more probable than not God exists!

This is a better way of putting it.

Holy fvck. People think I'm serious!?

I think he was kidding. But not sure. Sarcasm is so hard to tell on the internet haha

The Fool: Conpo he is not kidding, its on his blog.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 2:29:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/18/2012 2:28:20 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/18/2012 1:09:07 AM, stubs wrote:
At 7/17/2012 11:36:35 PM, phantom wrote:
At 7/17/2012 11:20:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/17/2012 9:55:44 PM, phantom wrote:
P.1 There are thousands of religions all entailing Gods existence.
P.2 There is only one "religion" saying God does not exist.
P.3 Therefore the odds of God existing are more than thousand to one.
C: Thus, it is more probable than not God exists!

This is a better way of putting it.

Holy fvck. People think I'm serious!?

I think he was kidding. But not sure. Sarcasm is so hard to tell on the internet haha

The Fool: Conpo he is not kidding, its on his blog.

The Fool: I agree, its kinda sound.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 5:31:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/18/2012 2:29:17 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: I agree, its kinda sound.

That's assuming all "religions" have the same chance of being right. Which is a false assumption clearly.
Gileandos
Posts: 2,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 11:55:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/18/2012 5:31:07 AM, stubs wrote:
At 7/18/2012 2:29:17 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: I agree, its kinda sound.

That's assuming all "religions" have the same chance of being right. Which is a false assumption clearly.

The form of the argument is not wholly sound prior but the argument in the form of 'where there is smoke there is fire' is sound.

So the fact that so many claim interaction no matter how divergent gives a decided indication that Atheism is wrong.