Jump to topic:

Christianity in a nutshell.

ATHOS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:44:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Christians completely overlooked the logic that for God to create the imperfect must either mean that He Himself was imperfect or that He deliberately made those who were so they could screw up, be punished by Him, and suffer here on psycho planet. Then, according to this developing new religion, God takes ―incredibly― His big-time special only begotten Son, who apparently be more holy than the rest of the scum of the earth, and sends him as a blood sacrifice to suffer and die on a cross as a way of vicariously atoning for peoples sins.

Except now there's another big problem, because even according to Christianity's own doctrines, this does not really atone for anybody else's sins. If it atoned for people's sins, then that would be the end of it. Problem solved. But no! It now becomes necessary for everyone to blindly believe in all of the details conveniently set forth exclusively by the christian religion, or else they will still burn in hell, even if they happened to be born ― presumably by God's will ― in a place , time, or culture that isn't even familiar with this particular religion!
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:50:04 PM
At 7/17/2012 11:44:57 PM, ATHOS wrote:
Christians completely overlooked the logic that for God to create the imperfect must either mean that He Himself was imperfect or that He deliberately made those who were so they could screw up, be punished by Him, and suffer here on psycho planet. Then, according to this developing new religion, God takes ―incredibly― His big-time special only begotten Son, who apparently be more holy than the rest of the scum of the earth, and sends him as a blood sacrifice to suffer and die on a cross as a way of vicariously atoning for peoples sins.

Except now there's another big problem, because even according to Christianity's own doctrines, this does not really atone for anybody else's sins. If it atoned for people's sins, then that would be the end of it. Problem solved. But no! It now becomes necessary for everyone to blindly believe in all of the details conveniently set forth exclusively by the christian religion, or else they will still burn in hell, even if they happened to be born ― presumably by God's will ― in a place , time, or culture that isn't even familiar with this particular religion!

The Fool: Slowly, like trying to get rid the population of cigarettes. slowly or disaster.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/17/2012 11:51:36 PM
The Fool: If we jsut yank cigerette away, then we get, Murder, murder, bloody murder. slowly.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:00:49 AM
At 7/17/2012 11:51:36 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: If we jsut yank cigerette away, then we get, Murder, murder, bloody murder. slowly.

And you guys thought The Fool didn't make any sense when he talked...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:02:49 AM
* Jesus was sinless and therefore the perfect sacrifice for sin.

* We don't blindly follow anything. We believe based on a mixture of faith and evidence.

* You don't burn in hell.

* "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." - Romans 1:20
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:03:11 AM
At 7/18/2012 12:00:49 AM, stubs wrote:

The Fool: who me an Athos, i never thougt that I made sense? who is the other guy here so far?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:04:53 AM

Free will > any sin or evil that can result from that free will.

Thus, it is better to give free will and have all the evils that result, then to never give free will in the first place.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:07:23 AM

The Fool: whos the Fool?
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:07:52 AM
At 7/18/2012 12:02:49 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

* We don't blindly follow anything. We believe based on a mixture of faith and evidence.

* "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse." - Romans 1:20

The Fool: which part is the evidence part?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:09:56 AM
At 7/18/2012 12:07:23 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

"Fool" means you, not as an insulting manner, but as a short hand for your user name. Shortening "Fool_on_the_hill" to "Fool".
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:34:24 AM
At 7/18/2012 12:07:52 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 7/18/2012 12:02:49 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

The Fool: which part is the evidence part?

Read my article. I don't feel like typing it all out.

http://www.conservativepolitico.org...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 12:37:10 AM
At 7/18/2012 12:09:56 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 7/18/2012 12:07:23 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

"Fool" means you, not as an insulting manner, but as a short hand for your user name. Shortening "Fool_on_the_hill" to "Fool".

The Fool: oh okay. makes sense.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 3:29:17 PM
At 7/18/2012 12:04:53 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

Free will > any sin or evil that can result from that free will.

Thus, it is better to give free will and have all the evils that result, then to never give free will in the first place.

This is false. People who are going to do evil should have no freedom. If you disagree, then this means you believe that we should let out all criminals from the prisons because their freedom to carry out their will is more important than the prevention of suffering...

The prevention of the suffering of innocent people > Evil people being free to carry out their will. It's that simple.
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 5:33:31 PM
At 7/18/2012 12:03:11 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: who me an Athos, i never thougt that I made sense? who is the other guy here so far?

To be honest, I've always found you to make very little sense, if any.
My legend begins in the 12th century
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 5:36:43 PM

I tried presenting this theory to my church - the theory that Jesus's dying for my sins means that any sins I commit during this life will be forgiven in the next - back when I was religious. Didn't go over well, let me tell you. Got into this big debate with the preacher, got kicked out of the church, not pretty.
My legend begins in the 12th century
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 5:39:34 PM
At 7/18/2012 5:36:43 PM, TheOrator wrote:

I tried presenting this theory to my church - the theory that Jesus's dying for my sins means that any sins I commit during this life will be forgiven in the next - back when I was religious. Didn't go over well, let me tell you. Got into this big debate with the preacher, got kicked out of the church, not pretty.

You'd be celebrated at my Church. it's the biblical truth, afterall...

It's funny though, because you get it, but all these millions of so called Christians still can't understand, that Christ's sacrifice was for the remission of ALL our sins, not just the ones up to the point we become Christian.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 12:08:00 PM

God gave man free will, even though he knew the ultimate outcome.
Jesus died for us to show that God is both merciful and just.
He is just because someone had to die for sins and merciful because Jesus went in our place.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike