No one has seen gods face

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 4:53:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/19/2012 4:38:14 PM, TheFogHorn wrote:
Actually Moses met Yahweh 'face to face' on Mount Sinai and afterwards had a face that 'shon' due to the heat from the volcano.

The Fool: are you the same person on multiple accounts. Kierkagaard?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
TheFogHorn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:52:40 PM
At 7/19/2012 4:53:44 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
Actually Moses met Yahweh 'face to face' on Mount Sinai and afterwards had a face that 'shon' due to the heat from the volcano.

The Fool: are you the same person on multiple accounts. Kierkagaard?

Are you talking to me or yourself? Why start a comment with your own username? This forum is full of oddities. No, I am not posing as other usernames.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 9:25:17 PM

According to the story, Moses never saw his face.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 10:42:41 PM

"And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." - Exodus 33:22-23

Notice the last phrase.

"No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." - St. John 1:18
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2012 10:47:20 PM
At 7/21/2012 10:42:41 PM, s-anthony wrote:

"And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." - Exodus 33:22-23

Notice the last phrase.

"No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." - St. John 1:18

THe Fool: Oh now I get it!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 1:44:35 PM
John 14:9
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father'?
The Cross.. the Cross.