Jump to topic:

Baptism saves

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 12:13:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Baptism ADDS people to Jesus' holy Body!
All "IN Jesus" are recognized by God as his Child!

God has ONLY ONE SON.. Just one son, if not found in the body of Jesus then not a Child of God! It is just this simple!
Philip TAUGHT Water Baptism saves, he taught from the scriptures Water Baptism saves! This is why the Eunuch wanted to be Baptized when he saw water! Philip did not teach Baptism is only symbolic, if he had the Eunuch would have waited to get home first to show his family and friends he was saved!

God wanted the Eunuch baptized with WATER! God sent Philip to the Eunuch to baptize the Eunuch with water!
Philips job was not complete UNTIL the Eunuch was baptized with WATER! Not until the Eunuch was baptized with WATER, Philip was whisked away!

Acts 8:30
Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. "Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked.

31 "How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
32 This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading:
"He was led like a sheep to the slaughter,
and as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
33 In his humiliation he was deprived of justice.
Who can speak of his descendants?
For his life was taken from the earth."
34 The eunuch asked Philip, "Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?"
35 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

36 As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, "Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?"
38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.
39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.

CLEARLY Philip was teaching the eunuch from the scriptures; "WATER BAPTISM SAVES"!
Acts 8 starts with; Philip was Baptizing with WATER before God told him to go to the eunuch!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 1:02:43 PM
I was baptized as a child but I no longer believe. Will I still be saved?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 1:05:35 PM
"38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.
39 When they came up out of the water,"

Hmmm .... I can just picture Philip and the eunuch wading out about waist-deep in the water so Philip could dip his fingers in the water and dab it on the eunuch's head.

1. They both went down into the water
2. Philip baptized the eunuch
3. They both came up out of the water

No sprinkling there. Just a typical case of believer's baptism. What was the condition of the eunuch's baptism? "If thou believest, thou mayest."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 1:24:46 PM
At 7/23/2012 12:13:07 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Philip TAUGHT Water Baptism saves, he taught from the scriptures Water Baptism saves! This is why the Eunuch wanted to be Baptized when he saw water! Philip did not teach Baptism is only symbolic, if he had the Eunuch would have waited to get home first to show his family and friends he was saved!

One of my favorite passages.

1 Peter 3:21

"Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 2:11:26 PM
Baptism ADDS people to Jesus' holy Body!
All "IN Jesus" are recognized by God as his Child!

God has ONLY ONE SON.. Just one son, if not found in the body of Jesus then not a Child of God! It is just this simple!

God wanted the Eunuch baptized with WATER! God sent Philip to the Eunuch to baptize the Eunuch with water!
Philips job was not complete UNTIL the Eunuch was baptized with WATER! Not until the Eunuch was baptized with WATER, Philip was whisked away!

Acts 8:30
Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. "Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked.

31 "How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
32 This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading:
"He was led like a sheep to the slaughter,
and as a lamb before its shearer is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
33 In his humiliation he was deprived of justice.
Who can speak of his descendants?
For his life was taken from the earth."
34 The eunuch asked Philip, "Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?"
35 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

36 As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, "Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?"
38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.
39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Philip away, and the eunuch did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing.

notice you remove 37! VERSE 37 says you are to believe BEFORE you get Baptized. If THOU BELIEVEST WITH ALL THINE HEART THOU MAYEST! Your Bible is SATANIC DOGKNOX.
CLEARLY Philip was teaching the eunuch from the scriptures; "WATER BAPTISM SAVES"!
Acts 8 starts with; Philip was Baptizing with WATER before God told him to go to the eunuch!
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 2:29:32 PM
At 7/23/2012 2:11:26 PM, acvavra wrote:
notice you remove 37! VERSE 37 says you are to believe BEFORE you get Baptized. If THOU BELIEVEST WITH ALL THINE HEART THOU MAYEST! Your Bible is SATANIC DOGKNOX.

Acts 8:37 is probably an interpolation.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 2:32:18 PM
At 7/23/2012 2:29:32 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 7/23/2012 2:11:26 PM, acvavra wrote:

Acts 8:37 is probably an interpolation.

Prove it!
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 2:37:33 PM
Acts 8:37

The verse is found in uncial E (6/7th century), the Old Latin (2nd century), the Vulgate (5th century) and is cited by Irenaeus (180 AD) and Cyprian (250 AD), Tertullian (2nd century), Pacian (370 AD), Ambrose and Augustine (4th century) as knowing of the verse. Even though the verse is not in the Majority Text, Berry's Greek text supports this passage, indicating the familiarity of the 16th century editors with the ancient evidence in support of the verse.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 2:40:14 PM
At 7/23/2012 2:37:33 PM, acvavra wrote:

The verse is found in uncial E (6/7th century), the Old Latin (2nd century), the Vulgate (5th century) and is cited by Irenaeus (180 AD) and Cyprian (250 AD), Tertullian (2nd century), Pacian (370 AD), Ambrose and Augustine (4th century) as knowing of the verse. Even though the verse is not in the Majority Text, Berry's Greek text supports this passage, indicating the familiarity of the 16th century editors with the ancient evidence in support of the verse.

However, it is not found in the Alexandrian type manuscripts. Explain that.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 2:41:01 PM

Correct. "Probably an interpolation" doesn't cut it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 2:56:40 PM

"To some persons in a later age it appeared that Philip is here represented as making no answer, and that he acted too hastily; hence the interpolation into some copies of Acts of the words: 'And Philip said, If thou believest with all thy heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of GodIn regard to scarcely any reading are the textual critics more unanimously agreed, or on better manuscript evidence, than the rejection of this verse as an interpolation" (New Commentary on Acts of the Apostles, pp. 158-159).

And like I said before, it's not in the Alexandrian manuscripts.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:03:00 PM
At 7/23/2012 1:24:46 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

"Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience through the resurrection of Jesus Christ."

Peter was careful to point out that it isn't the actual water washing of baptism that saves us, but the spiritual reality behind the immersion in water. What really saves us is the answer of a good conscience toward God, a conscience made good through the completed work of Jesus.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:09:45 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:03:00 PM, stubs wrote:

Peter was careful to point out that it isn't the actual water washing of baptism that saves us, but the spiritual reality behind the immersion in water. What really saves us is the answer of a good conscience toward God, a conscience made good through the completed work of Jesus.

Peter was careful to point out that baptism has to do with more than the interior than the exterior. But it is clear that without baptism, you cannot be saved.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:16:12 PM
At 7/23/2012 1:02:43 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Question bump.
- lamerde

AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:17:22 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:16:12 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Question bump.

I didn't want to say it because it sounded rude, but according to Mark 16:16 no.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:19:22 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:17:22 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Question bump.

I didn't want to say it because it sounded rude, but according to Mark 16:16 no.

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

That's actually really straightforward lol. Thanks for answering!
- lamerde

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:24:22 PM
"(New Commentary on Acts of the Apostles, pp. 158-159)" <-- Is that McGarvey's Commentary?
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:25:30 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:24:22 PM, annanicole wrote:
"(New Commentary on Acts of the Apostles, pp. 158-159)" <-- Is that McGarvey's Commentary?

Yes.

Is he known for being wrong or something?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:32:06 PM
ONLY..
Only Jesus baptizes with the spirit!!!

Baptism removes sins is ADDS Disciples to Jesus' Holy Body!
38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Repent and be baptized, for the forgiveness of your sins.

The CHURCH ALWAYS baptizes with water! ONLY..
Only the Church Baptizes with WATER, not Jesus!! The Groom baptizes with the Spirit!
Peter baptized 3000 into the Body of Jesus the first day of Pentecost.. Peter baptized them with WATER!
Church baptizes with water.. EVERY..
Every time you read "They were Baptized" it is done with water!!
Jailer and his whole family were BAPTIZED WITH WATER!!

God' Children are formed with "WATER & SPIRIT!"

Philip was doing just that.. Baptizing with WATER, in Acts 8! Philip TAUGHT from the SCRIPTURES>> Baptism is done with WATER!
NEVER..
Never does the CHURCH baptize with the Spirit!
It takes TWO..Two.. two.. 2 parents not just one to form a child!
It takes TWO parents to re-FORM Adams children into the Children of God!

The Catholic has TWO Parents!!
Parent one.. The BRIDE, re-FORMS the child of Adam!
Parent two.. The GROOM, sends the GIFT The Children of God are formed with Earth & Spirit!!
The Groom ALWAYS baptizes with his GIFT the Holy Spirit!!!

Jesus had two parents!
Protestants are motherless! THINK: NO father gains the title "Father" unless a MOTHER gives birth! No MOTHER?? Then logic says they are also fatherless!
Fact; NO protestant has a mother thus proving the lie of protestantism!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:40:15 PM

AlwaysMoreThanYou YUP... RIGHT ON!! My favorite also.. I am "ADDED" to the Resurrected body of Jesus through the waters of Baptism!!
I am added to the resurrected BODY of Jesus so I am saved!

Through the resurrection of Jesus Christ I AM SAVED!!
I am saved because I can't die a second time!
No one can die more then one time, you can't even kill a stinking dog twice!! Jesus died; I am IN JESUS RESURRECTED!!

Acts 22:16
"And now why do you delay? Get up and be Baptized and wash away your sins, calling on His name."

Wash away your sins
Jesus died; I am IN JESUS RESURRECTED!!
BE BAPTIZED!!!!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:45:20 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:25:30 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Yes.

No, he is known for being generally correct, in my opinion.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:46:47 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:45:20 PM, annanicole wrote:

Yes.

Oh, okay then. Does that mean you accept Acts 8:37 as likely interpolated or do you believe he was wrong about it?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:55:26 PM

Question bump.
Maikuru good question!! Answer is.. "YES" if you love!!
You were removed from the body of Jesus because you did not remain in his holy Body! You have starved to death! But you still have hope!!
LOOK..
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

You are NOT eating the food of LIFE.. Jesus is the LIFE! You do not remain in the body of Jesus! Baptism added you to Jesus' holy Body, you did not remain in Jesus!

The Thief on the cross died before he could be Baptized.. He went to heaven!!! YOU HAVE HOPE!!!
The Thief on the cross did not enter the throne room he was NOT a Child of God.. ONLY..

Maikuru Only the children of the KING have an inheritance, only they enter the throne room, they are IN THE KINGS ONLY SON, through Baptism, they enter the throne room!
The Holy Catholic Church is sitting on thrones in the throne room! The Apostles are sitting on thrones in the throne room!

The Thief on the cross entered the Garden Paradise is a GARDEN!! Jesus told the thief "Today you will be with me in Paradise"!!
Revelation 2:7
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Maikuru John the Baptist died before Pentecost.. He can't enter the throne room!
Matthew 11:11
Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

John was NOT added to the Body of Jesus by the BRIDE! John died before the BRIDE could re-form him by the waters of Baptism!

Maikuru run from the lie of Protestantism.. They reject the saving value of Baptism!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:57:39 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:46:47 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Yes.

Oh, okay then. Does that mean you accept Acts 8:37 as likely interpolated or do you believe he was wrong about it?
There is NO acts 8:37
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:58:48 PM
At 7/23/2012 1:05:35 PM, annanicole wrote:
"38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.
39 When they came up out of the water,"

Hmmm .... I can just picture Philip and the eunuch wading out about waist-deep in the water so Philip could dip his fingers in the water and dab it on the eunuch's head.

1. They both went down into the water
2. Philip baptized the eunuch
3. They both came up out of the water

No sprinkling there. Just a typical case of believer's baptism. What was the condition of the eunuch's baptism? "If thou believest, thou mayest."

Baptism without belief is useless, belief without baptism is acceptable.
The Cross.. the Cross.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 3:59:13 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:57:39 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Yes.

There is. But the question is, is it a true part of the scriptures? I say it is not, but I believe annanicole to have dissented.

In my Bible, there is no 8:37, but a footnote contains the verse anyway.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 4:04:26 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:19:22 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Question bump.

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

Maikuru There are people that have never heard of Baptism.. If they LOVE they will enter Paradise!

To reject or to BELIEVE you first must HEAR!!
Those who hear and then reject "Do NOT BELIEVE"!
Those who hear and BELIEVE Baptism saves will be Baptized! "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved"!!

Those who hear and DO NOT BELIEVE Baptism saves, will be CONDEMNED!!!

Maikuru Run from protestantism, Satan has his hands in the thousands and thousands of these man made protesting churches!
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 4:08:44 PM
At 7/23/2012 4:04:26 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 7/23/2012 3:19:22 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Question bump.

Maikuru There are people that have never heard of Baptism.. If they LOVE they will enter Paradise!

To reject or to BELIEVE you first must HEAR!!
Those who hear and then reject "Do NOT BELIEVE"!
Those who hear and BELIEVE Baptism saves will be Baptized! "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved"!!

Those who hear and DO NOT BELIEVE Baptism saves, will be CONDEMNED!!!

Maikuru Run from protestantism, Satan has his hands in the thousands and thousands of these man made protesting churches!

Can do!
- lamerde

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2012 4:12:40 PM
At 7/23/2012 3:59:13 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 7/23/2012 3:57:39 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Yes.

There is. But the question is, is it a true part of the scriptures? I say it is not, but I believe annanicole to have dissented.

In my Bible, there is no 8:37, but a footnote contains the verse anyway.
Acts 8:37 "If you believe with all your heart, you may." The eunuch answered, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

From Acts 8:37 Clearly Believing IN Jesus is important to be Baptized!

No one would be baptized if they did not believe it saves!
Baptism saves.. NOT Faith ALONE!
Faith, baptism saves and then being BAPTIZED >Being IMMERSED INTO THE BODY OF Jesus; SAVES!

IMMERSION into Jesus saves!!
The Bride washes the corruption away with the waters.. The Groom (GOD) sends the Holy Spirit!
The Children of God are the re-FORMED children of Adam!

Dogknox