Jump to topic:

Religion in Four Seconds

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 6:24:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 6:25:22 PM
Damn. On Youtube it said "4 seconds."
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ATHOS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 6:33:59 PM
At 7/24/2012 6:24:57 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Nice...
What can be expected from insane premises except an insane conclusion? The way to undo an insane conclusion is to consider the sanity of the premises on which it rests.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How long will contradiction stand when its impossible nature is clearly revealed?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 6:43:09 PM
Key word: I reject your reality.

Would you say that you don't do the same?

this could've easly be titled-- "Atheism in 4 seconds." or "Wizards in 4 seconds" or "Pimps in 4 seconds"...

funny though.. lol
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 7:18:42 PM
At 7/24/2012 6:43:09 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

this could've easly be titled-- "Atheism in 4 seconds." or "Wizards in 4 seconds" or "Pimps in 4 seconds"...

funny though.. lol

While true, my reality is based upon the experimentation, observation, inference, and the scientific method. Their reality is based on a book written 4 000 years ago, which has been translated hundreds of times, and serves as the epitome of their life. In other words, my reality is supported by my reality. Their reality is supported by my reality.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 7:43:40 PM
The Fool: That was hilarious.

But What is IS! That is everything is real, its a matter in what form is it real. Is it a derivitive of the Imagination, or Physical sense perception. Unicorns is real 'idea' but we have yet to see that' idea' correspond to anything external(through sense perception) That is the difference. In what form of reality do you mean. In what form of reality is of the supernatural category which is more the imaginatoin???
And with what form of justification do you assert it true.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2012 7:53:59 PM
At 7/24/2012 7:18:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

funny though.. lol

While true, my reality is based upon the experimentation, observation, inference, and the scientific method. Their reality is based on a book written 4 000 years ago, which has been translated hundreds of times, and serves as the epitome of their life. In other words, my reality is supported by my reality. Their reality is supported by my reality.

By they, I assume you mean, me..

It's funny you should think that, since "my" reality, is based upon experimentaion, observation, inference, the scientific method, experience, revelation, theology, and lets not forget-- common sense (plus a 4,000 year old book ;])

So you actually use less methods than I!.. lol jk

Seriously though, I wish i could be a budhist, or rastafarian.. or a saiyan lol

But I can't, because God made himself known to me.. as much as I would enjoy to reject it, or apostatize.. I cannot; the truth won't let me go.

I really don't expect you to understand this, nor do I think there is anything I could do to convince you of it (even if we got an audience with some angels or something).. The word of God works by the spirit, and if God doesn't wish you to know it yet, then you won't.. sowwy.
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 8:26:00 AM
At 7/24/2012 7:53:59 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

I really don't expect you to understand this, nor do I think there is anything I could do to convince you of it (even if we got an audience with some angels or something).. The word of God works by the spirit, and if God doesn't wish you to know it yet, then you won't.. sowwy.

It is equal parts amusing, scary, and revealing the frequency in which Christians portray themselves as either not truly believing of their religion or sociopathic.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 8:37:30 AM
At 7/25/2012 8:26:00 AM, drafterman wrote:

So it's not my fault I'm currently on the road to hell? Sweeet.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 9:30:38 AM

funny though.. lol

No, my reality is based on a personal experience of a revelation of Jesus Christ.
The Cross.. the Cross.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 9:33:50 AM
At 7/25/2012 9:30:38 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

funny though.. lol

No, my reality is based on a personal experience of a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ personally revealed himself to you? How did you know it was him?
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 9:34:58 AM
At 7/25/2012 9:33:50 AM, drafterman wrote:

funny though.. lol

He revealed himself to him through His Word
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 9:37:16 AM
At 7/25/2012 9:34:58 AM, acvavra wrote:

funny though.. lol

And how did you know it was him?
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 9:38:51 AM

funny though.. lol

Strange...when I reveal myself I get told it's inappropriate.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 9:39:32 AM

funny though.. lol

I just did, is the somewhat unsatisfying but true answer..

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
The Cross.. the Cross.
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 9:40:56 AM
And here I thought it was just New Zealand with the high sheep:human ratio.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 9:41:24 AM
At 7/25/2012 9:34:58 AM, acvavra wrote:

funny though.. lol

No, He spoke directly to me..
The Cross.. the Cross.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 9:41:54 AM
At 7/25/2012 9:39:32 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

funny though.. lol

I just did, is the somewhat unsatisfying but true answer..

In other words, you don't. You believe it was him. Perhaps with a high degree of certainty. Perhaps more devoutly than you believe anything else. But it seems you're missing something in order to call it knowledge. Good to know.

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:40:24 AM
At 7/25/2012 8:37:30 AM, caveat wrote:

That's one of the reasons I'm very skeptical of Calvinism.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 11:45:38 AM

I often happen to doubt my beliefs only because Christianity seems too bad to be false when so many people follow it.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 12:11:48 PM

funny though.. lol

Jesus Christ and psychedelic drugs are not interchangeable terms.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:11:26 PM

It is equal parts amusing, scary, and revealing the frequency in which Christians portray themselves as either not truly believing of their religion or sociopathic.

Wtf r u talking about...

You don't know anything about me, other then I'm a Christian. This is your justified grounds for calling me a sociopath??

That's the most tolerant thing i've ever heard!

tell me, what do you think that I do, in my life, that would give you reason to judge me as that?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:15:55 PM

[cracks knuckles]

Oh, no no no... You are very much at fault. You are simply getting what you want.

If God wishes otherwise for you, he will make his love known-- wether you like it or not.

We all have a Choice, and we all choose our way. God has every right to wipe us out.. we are blessed that he chose to save a few; instead of none.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:20:34 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:15:55 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
[cracks knuckles]

Oh, no no no... You are very much at fault. You are simply getting what you want.

He wanted for God not to reveal himself to him?

If God wishes otherwise for you, he will make his love known-- wether you like it or not.

He wants all men to be saved. 1 timothy 2:4

We all have a Choice, and we all choose our way.

Doesn't sound like a very Calvinistic thing to say (; And if you say we can only choose one thing because of our nature then it is not a choice.

God has every right to wipe us out.. we are blessed that he chose to save a few; instead of none.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:21:08 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:11:26 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Wtf r u talking about...

I think I was pretty explicit in what I'm talking about.

You don't know anything about me, other then I'm a Christian. This is your justified grounds for calling me a sociopath??

I didn't call you a sociopath. I said you have portrayed yourself as either not truly believing in your religion or sociopathic.

That's the most tolerant thing i've ever heard!

tell me, what do you think that I do, in my life, that would give you reason to judge me as that?

Adhere to a religion which apparently condems a large portion of the population for merely lacking a trivial belief; concluding that this is the result of the whim of some omnipotent being - meaning these people are so condemned for something that is outside the realm of their control; then respond to such state of affairs with: "Sowwy."
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:26:44 PM

[cracks knuckles]

This is perhaps one of the most bullshit lines that has ever been spewed. I didn't sit down one day, think to myself, "I believe that a god exists. I believe the Bible is true. I just don't want it to be true. So I'm going just going to stop believing in it!" *blinkblinknod* "Poof! I no longer believe in God! I'm an atheist!"

Doesn't work like that. My status as an atheist is because I don't believe a god exists. This is independent of whether or not I want there to be a god. I believe I'm not a millionaire. That is not because I don't want to be a millionaire, it is simply a fact that I'm not a millionaire.

So, no, if a hell exists, and atheists are going there, they are not "Getting what they want."

Moron.
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:26:49 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:20:34 PM, stubs wrote:
[cracks knuckles]

Doesn't sound like a very Calvinistic thing to say (; And if you say we can only choose one thing because of our nature then it is not a choice.

God has every right to wipe us out.. we are blessed that he chose to save a few; instead of none.

random question: Stubs, are you related to J. Vernon Magee, by any chance?
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:32:20 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:26:49 PM, acvavra wrote:

random question: Stubs, are you related to J. Vernon Magee, by any chance?

Never heard of him
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2012 1:40:54 PM
At 7/25/2012 1:20:34 PM, stubs wrote:
[cracks knuckles]

Exactly, he does not want God to reveal himself.

Romans 3

Then why aren't they?

Actually, it is. If we make a choice, it will be for sin, simply because will not choose anything else, doesn't make it any less a choice; We do even though we know we shouldn't.

As Paul says:

15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.

18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

We all have knowledge of what we should do, and choose to do the opposite.. Instead of rebelling against this nature, we embrace it, and live in it.

No one in this condition, will choose God, and all will hate him.