Total Posts:51|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Location of Heaven Important Question

MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:04:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would like an answer from learned christians as this is an issue that arised when thinking about the ressurection. You see Jesus rose from the dead into heaven, but where is heaven? It isn't in the sky so where did Jesus go, space??

If heaven is in another dimension, why did he have to rise so high? He should have just switched dimensions. I'm confused.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:06:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's located on mars.

This has been known for about 20 years but the illuminati are hiding it from the public.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:18:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sorry.

As a former Christian, I'll try to answer from that standpoint.

I would say heaven would most likely be in another dimension. Possibly a dimension totally seperate from time so that when we died we did not neccessarily go to heaven, because that would assume heaven followed the time flow of earth. When Jesus asscended into the sky it could be likely that he did not actually go up to heaven but the recorders of the event just saw it that way.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:28:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:04:05 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
I would like an answer from learned christians as this is an issue that arised when thinking about the ressurection. You see Jesus rose from the dead into heaven, but where is heaven? It isn't in the sky so where did Jesus go, space??

If heaven is in another dimension, why did he have to rise so high? He should have just switched dimensions. I'm confused.

Jesus went to Hell first.

Heaven isn't really described in the Bible, aside from hyperbolic appeals to what's typically considered attractive or suggestive of wealth, such as gold, diamonds, pearls, and large homes.

Spiritually speaking, Heaven is another state of being entirely that is achievable without dying. According to the Revelation, Hell will eventually dissolve, while Heaven and Earth will become one.

I'm not sure that would be possible if all three were physical locations.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:31:06 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:04:05 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
I would like an answer from learned christians as this is an issue that arised when thinking about the ressurection. You see Jesus rose from the dead into heaven, but where is heaven? It isn't in the sky so where did Jesus go, space??

If heaven is in another dimension, why did he have to rise so high? He should have just switched dimensions. I'm confused.

I think it's the Black Hole at the center of the galaxy.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:31:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:18:02 AM, phantom wrote:
Sorry.

As a former Christian, I'll try to answer from that standpoint.

I would say heaven would most likely be in another dimension. Possibly a dimension totally seperate from time so that when we died we did not neccessarily go to heaven, because that would assume heaven followed the time flow of earth. When Jesus asscended into the sky it could be likely that he did not actually go up to heaven but the recorders of the event just saw it that way.

Where did jesus ascend to then? space? Where did he go in space? If he went into space, why didn't he tell the whole world about this important knowledge?

Every Christian believes that the rising of Jesus was into Heaven. This somehow presupposes that heaven is in the sky when it isn't.

I can't really take your answer at the end because that would mean the gospels are false.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:33:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:28:07 AM, Ren wrote:

Jesus went to Hell first.

Heaven isn't really described in the Bible, aside from hyperbolic appeals to what's typically considered attractive or suggestive of wealth, such as gold, diamonds, pearls, and large homes.

What I'm saying is where did Jesus rise to after the ressurection?? Heaven isn't in the sky.

Spiritually speaking, Heaven is another state of being entirely that is achievable without dying. According to the Revelation, Hell will eventually dissolve, while Heaven and Earth will become one.

I'm not sure that would be possible if all three were physical locations.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:35:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:31:10 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:18:02 AM, phantom wrote:
Sorry.

As a former Christian, I'll try to answer from that standpoint.

I would say heaven would most likely be in another dimension. Possibly a dimension totally seperate from time so that when we died we did not neccessarily go to heaven, because that would assume heaven followed the time flow of earth. When Jesus asscended into the sky it could be likely that he did not actually go up to heaven but the recorders of the event just saw it that way.

Where did jesus ascend to then? space? Where did he go in space?

Maybe he ascended into the skies and then into a different dimension, heaven.

If he went into space, why didn't he tell the whole world about this important knowledge?

Why is it important?

Every Christian believes that the rising of Jesus was into Heaven. This somehow presupposes that heaven is in the sky when it isn't.

No it doesn't. He didn't have to float into heaven.

I can't really take your answer at the end because that would mean the gospels are false.

Parts of it yep. Humans are prone to error, especially emperical knowledge.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:39:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:35:24 AM, phantom wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:31:10 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:18:02 AM, phantom wrote:
Sorry.

As a former Christian, I'll try to answer from that standpoint.

I would say heaven would most likely be in another dimension. Possibly a dimension totally seperate from time so that when we died we did not neccessarily go to heaven, because that would assume heaven followed the time flow of earth. When Jesus asscended into the sky it could be likely that he did not actually go up to heaven but the recorders of the event just saw it that way.

Where did jesus ascend to then? space? Where did he go in space?

Maybe he ascended into the skies and then into a different dimension, heaven.

That is unnecessary though. He could have just changed dimensions on earth.

If he went into space, why didn't he tell the whole world about this important knowledge?

Why is it important?

I'm pretty sure many Jews believed Heaven was in the sky.


Every Christian believes that the rising of Jesus was into Heaven. This somehow presupposes that heaven is in the sky when it isn't.

No it doesn't. He didn't have to float into heaven.

I can't really take your answer at the end because that would mean the gospels are false.

Parts of it yep. Humans are prone to error, especially emperical knowledge.
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:46:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:39:55 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:35:24 AM, phantom wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:31:10 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:18:02 AM, phantom wrote:
Sorry.

As a former Christian, I'll try to answer from that standpoint.

I would say heaven would most likely be in another dimension. Possibly a dimension totally seperate from time so that when we died we did not neccessarily go to heaven, because that would assume heaven followed the time flow of earth. When Jesus asscended into the sky it could be likely that he did not actually go up to heaven but the recorders of the event just saw it that way.

Where did jesus ascend to then? space? Where did he go in space?

Maybe he ascended into the skies and then into a different dimension, heaven.

That is unnecessary though. He could have just changed dimensions on earth.

Who knows? We don't know why he went into heaven the way he did. (hypothetically)

If he went into space, why didn't he tell the whole world about this important knowledge?

Why is it important?

I'm pretty sure many Jews believed Heaven was in the sky.

And also many other incorrect beliefs. Jesus didn't come to earth to teach correct knowledge. (hypothetically)


Every Christian believes that the rising of Jesus was into Heaven. This somehow presupposes that heaven is in the sky when it isn't.

No it doesn't. He didn't have to float into heaven.

I can't really take your answer at the end because that would mean the gospels are false.

Parts of it yep. Humans are prone to error, especially emperical knowledge.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:47:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:33:21 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:28:07 AM, Ren wrote:

Jesus went to Hell first.

Heaven isn't really described in the Bible, aside from hyperbolic appeals to what's typically considered attractive or suggestive of wealth, such as gold, diamonds, pearls, and large homes.

What I'm saying is where did Jesus rise to after the ressurection?? Heaven isn't in the sky.

Well, none of our presidents ascended into the sky when they rose to presidency, either. :\
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:53:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:47:53 AM, Ren wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:33:21 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:28:07 AM, Ren wrote:

Jesus went to Hell first.

Heaven isn't really described in the Bible, aside from hyperbolic appeals to what's typically considered attractive or suggestive of wealth, such as gold, diamonds, pearls, and large homes.

What I'm saying is where did Jesus rise to after the ressurection?? Heaven isn't in the sky.

Well, none of our presidents ascended into the sky when they rose to presidency, either. :\

What?? I don't understand what your saying.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:54:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:47:09 AM, stubs wrote:
Yeah the bible says Jesus ascended into heaven so best biblical guess is it is up somewhere haha

I was thinking that maybe that Jesus turned spiritual and since Heaven is a spiritual place (non-physical), it appears when one becomes a soul in the sky. Though that is pretty drastic.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 11:55:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:46:09 AM, phantom wrote:

> "Who knows? We don't know why he went into heaven the way he did. (hypothetically)"

Yeah true
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:09:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:31:06 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:04:05 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
I would like an answer from learned christians as this is an issue that arised when thinking about the ressurection. You see Jesus rose from the dead into heaven, but where is heaven? It isn't in the sky so where did Jesus go, space??

If heaven is in another dimension, why did he have to rise so high? He should have just switched dimensions. I'm confused.

I think it's the Black Hole at the center of the galaxy.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:12:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:09:08 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:31:06 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:04:05 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
I would like an answer from learned christians as this is an issue that arised when thinking about the ressurection. You see Jesus rose from the dead into heaven, but where is heaven? It isn't in the sky so where did Jesus go, space??

If heaven is in another dimension, why did he have to rise so high? He should have just switched dimensions. I'm confused.

I think it's the Black Hole at the center of the galaxy.

are you joking or serious? I can't tell
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:15:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:53:04 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:47:53 AM, Ren wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:33:21 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:28:07 AM, Ren wrote:

Jesus went to Hell first.

Heaven isn't really described in the Bible, aside from hyperbolic appeals to what's typically considered attractive or suggestive of wealth, such as gold, diamonds, pearls, and large homes.

What I'm saying is where did Jesus rise to after the ressurection?? Heaven isn't in the sky.

Well, none of our presidents ascended into the sky when they rose to presidency, either. :\

What?? I don't understand what your saying.

My point is that you're hinging to much on terminology. If you believe that the Bible is literal, then you might as well become an Atheist, because the Earth was not "created" in 6 days, you can't fit the world's fauna and flora on a single boat made by hand, and you can't prove that God isn't simply a trickster screwing with humanity, as He would clearly be the sort that would wrestle (with Jacob) in the middle of the desert, and cheat (giving Jacob a permanent limp).
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:15:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:12:01 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 12:09:08 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:31:06 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:04:05 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
I would like an answer from learned christians as this is an issue that arised when thinking about the ressurection. You see Jesus rose from the dead into heaven, but where is heaven? It isn't in the sky so where did Jesus go, space??

If heaven is in another dimension, why did he have to rise so high? He should have just switched dimensions. I'm confused.

I think it's the Black Hole at the center of the galaxy.

are you joking or serious? I can't tell

Serious. Although, it doesn't perfectly fit the question, because I don't think there is one, single 'place' called Heaven.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:24:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:15:13 PM, Ren wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:53:04 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:47:53 AM, Ren wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:33:21 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:28:07 AM, Ren wrote:

Jesus went to Hell first.

Heaven isn't really described in the Bible, aside from hyperbolic appeals to what's typically considered attractive or suggestive of wealth, such as gold, diamonds, pearls, and large homes.

What I'm saying is where did Jesus rise to after the ressurection?? Heaven isn't in the sky.

Well, none of our presidents ascended into the sky when they rose to presidency, either. :\

What?? I don't understand what your saying.

My point is that you're hinging to much on terminology. If you believe that the Bible is literal, then you might as well become an Atheist, because the Earth was not "created" in 6 days, you can't fit the world's fauna and flora on a single boat made by hand, and you can't prove that God isn't simply a trickster screwing with humanity, as He would clearly be the sort that would wrestle (with Jacob) in the middle of the desert, and cheat (giving Jacob a permanent limp).

I would like to make one point when you say literal. You can't be a true christian if you don't take the bible seriously. Right now, you basically said that Genesis is false. Genesis is the word of God, I guess that means you reject God's word right?

If Genesis is false, How can you call yourself a christian? If the bible is a huge myth as you believe, then whats the difference between you and an atheist other than the labels????
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:25:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:15:26 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Serious. Although, it doesn't perfectly fit the question, because I don't think there is one, single 'place' called Heaven.

blackholes do not lead anywhere, they are just destruction. Also a blackhole is a huge leap of intepretation that is nowhere to be found in the bible.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:27:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:04:05 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
I would like an answer from learned christians as this is an issue that arised when thinking about the ressurection. You see Jesus rose from the dead into heaven, but where is heaven? It isn't in the sky so where did Jesus go, space??

If heaven is in another dimension, why did he have to rise so high? He should have just switched dimensions. I'm confused.:

The Book of Revelation states that heaven is four-sided, and surrounded by a wall (lol, why???) that's 144 cubits high, and has 12 gates with different precious stones embedded on the gate doors (lol, why???). The streets are gold-plated (lol, why are there "streets" and why is it made of gold???)

So, what we learn is that disembodied "spirits" have need for dimensions (width, depth, length, etc) and precious metals/stones that are important to physical beings is apparently important to God too.

In other words, utter bullsh*t that makes no sense. Go figure.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:28:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 11:47:09 AM, stubs wrote:
Yeah the bible says Jesus ascended into heaven so best biblical guess is it is up somewhere haha:

Where is "up" when the world is round?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:33:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:25:14 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 7/30/2012 12:15:26 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Serious. Although, it doesn't perfectly fit the question, because I don't think there is one, single 'place' called Heaven.

blackholes do not lead anywhere, they are just destruction. Also a blackhole is a huge leap of intepretation that is nowhere to be found in the bible.

We don't really know much about black holes, there is very little empirical data about them.

Sorry.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
stubs
Posts: 1,887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:37:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:28:41 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:47:09 AM, stubs wrote:
Yeah the bible says Jesus ascended into heaven so best biblical guess is it is up somewhere haha:

Where is "up" when the world is round?

Good catch. Up wasn't the right word. I should have just stopped at ascending part haha.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:37:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:27:11 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:04:05 AM, MattDescopa wrote:
I would like an answer from learned christians as this is an issue that arised when thinking about the ressurection. You see Jesus rose from the dead into heaven, but where is heaven? It isn't in the sky so where did Jesus go, space??

If heaven is in another dimension, why did he have to rise so high? He should have just switched dimensions. I'm confused.:

The Book of Revelation states that heaven is four-sided, and surrounded by a wall (lol, why???) that's 144 cubits high, and has 12 gates with different precious stones embedded on the gate doors (lol, why???). The streets are gold-plated (lol, why are there "streets" and why is it made of gold???)

So, what we learn is that disembodied "spirits" have need for dimensions (width, depth, length, etc) and precious metals/stones that are important to physical beings is apparently important to God too.

In other words, utter bullsh*t that makes no sense. Go figure.

==> It is simply a description of how heaven looks like, how this is contradictory to the idea of spirits or souls in heaven doesn't follow.

==> You says that souls in heaven don't have needs for gold, metals etc. Once again no one claimed that they need gold in heaven. It is simply how the place looks.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2012 12:38:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/30/2012 12:28:41 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/30/2012 11:47:09 AM, stubs wrote:
Yeah the bible says Jesus ascended into heaven so best biblical guess is it is up somewhere haha:

Where is "up" when the world is round?

good point up is relative.