Jump to topic:

Why are Jews persecuted?

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 3:16:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Jewish people are always banging on about ‘anti-Semitism' (a misnomer, by the way, since Arabs are also Semites) but they never offer an explanation to why they think they might be discriminated against so vehemently.

Perhaps somebody could explain why either:

A - throughout history Jews have attracted so much more hatred than almost any other ethnic or religious group, or;

B- why, if this is not the case, Jews believe that other people hate them so much?
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 3:33:31 PM
The Arabs hate the Jews for being in the holy land, I thought that this was pretty well-known.

Hitler had no reason really...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 3:37:37 PM
Because Jews have historically been less fail at earth than members of most religions.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 3:39:25 PM
At 9/3/2009 3:37:39 PM, TheDevil wrote:
Nah. You see. Jews love me. So I was the one who really killed Hitler. Tellin my jews to convert is wrong. Theyll end up here anyways.
DAT's Jewish?!?!?!?!
Ownership of this account has been transferred from JCMT to I-am-a-panda.
Updates of the next JCMT puppet account pending.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 3:40:06 PM
Hi AFT/TheDevil
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
LB628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 3:41:53 PM
Jew have attracted a lot of hate over the centuries because they are a very easy target. They tended to be somewhat spread out geographically so there were rarely large concentrations, and most importantly, at least in Europe, they were foreigners wherever they went. They were 'different'. And different makes for a very good target if you want to unite a population.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 3:42:31 PM
Where'd he say that?
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 3:45:26 PM
At 9/3/2009 3:43:17 PM, TheDevil wrote:
Hes next to me spooning me and telling me this

lol.

RR, AFT and TheDevil are both on. at the same time. so AFT is ruled out.... panda aint cuz i dont see him on.
I'm back.
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 4:24:21 PM
It's definitely not me.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 4:54:52 PM
Because they are Gods chosen people.
So satan absolutely LOATHES them.
As he does Christians.
As do satans minions.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 5:00:45 PM
So God's racist?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 5:16:36 PM
At 9/3/2009 5:00:45 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
So God's racist?

In the sense that He picked one race out above another?
In that sense.. yes.
But the Jews finally came to realise that the world was being redeemed through their SUFFERING.. not their blessings.
Just as we are redeemed through the King of the Jews suffering and sacrifice.
The Cross.. the Cross.
AnimeFanTony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 5:33:07 PM
So if God knew they would be hated if he picked them why did he pick them then allow a bunch to die in the Holocaust? If he cared he would have spared more.
Just image poor innocent Jewish babies going to the crematories just because God "loves them". Thats a new way of showing love.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 6:20:21 PM
At 9/3/2009 5:33:07 PM, AnimeFanTony wrote:
So if God knew they would be hated if he picked them why did he pick them then allow a bunch to die in the Holocaust? If he cared he would have spared more.
Just image poor innocent Jewish babies going to the crematories just because God "loves them". Thats a new way of showing love.

It was WE that allowed them to die..
Just as WE allow a vastly superior holocaust of innocents to die every year: in the murder of unborn children.
It starts with us.. with you.. YOU do YOUR part.
The Cross.. the Cross.
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 10:08:59 PM
At 9/3/2009 3:45:26 PM, BigMac wrote:
At 9/3/2009 3:43:17 PM, TheDevil wrote:
Hes next to me spooning me and telling me this

lol.

RR, AFT and TheDevil are both on. at the same time. so AFT is ruled out.... panda aint cuz i dont see him on.

Mark my word, it's Panda.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 10:50:53 PM
At 9/3/2009 3:16:04 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

A - throughout history Jews have attracted so much more hatred than almost any other ethnic or religious group, or;

There's the argument that they were the minority and anyone who wasn't Christian in Europe for most of the past several hundred years were discriminated against, and then there's the argument that the Jews were discriminated against because their religion allowed them to lend money, while Christians could not due to some commandment or belief dictated to them by the Catholic Church. People have always been jealous of the rich, and it just so happened that many rich people back then were Jewish. Ergo, hate for Jews.

You can take either one or both.

Those are the points I know of.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2009 11:13:08 PM

Early on, Jews was not persecuted. Either you didn't persecute any religions (The western roman empire was busy collapsing, and the eastern roman empire had many variants of Christianity and no unifying pope, so they tended to kill less and argue more). Also, Jews did worship the same God, so...

But for some reason it was decided that Jews shouldn't be allowed to so any sort of work. They were in practice forbidden to work in most occupations. So they had to take the job that was seen as dirty by society. This is when prosecution starts. During the 11th-12th century, moneylending becomes one of these immoral dirty jobs. Now Jews have an immoral dirty job, that also makes them filthy rich. Now prosecution *really* takes off.

The rest of the prosecution is simply based on the myths created during the middle ages. They acquired the position of being to blame for everything, and so they get blamed for everything by stupid people from all around the world.
So prove me wrong, then.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 5:36:11 AM
Thank you Rezz and Reg...I think the usury (money lending) was a huge factor in their acquiring the reputation of being somewhat duplicitous in terms of business practices and, also, they have always tended keep their wealth inside the Jewish community, spending their money wherever possible in Jewish shops and only giving to Jewish charities.

That's why so many Jews lost out when Bernie Madoff went belly-up - they invested their money with him on the basis that he was a fellow Jew and, therefore, due diligence wasn't necessary.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 8:01:23 AM
You guys are only listing the excuses men have used, to justify to themselves, why they have persecuted Jews through the ages.
The biggest one of course, and the most ridiculous, is that they killed Christ. Even though Jesus was Himself a Jew.
The Cross.. the Cross.
AFT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 2:59:57 PM
At 9/3/2009 6:20:21 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Just as WE allow a vastly superior holocaust of innocents to die every year: in the murder of unborn children.

It's ok me and my dangerous gang of hooligans beat up abortion doctors all the time. Were thinking of becoming a radical group.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 3:10:52 PM
At 9/4/2009 2:59:57 PM, AFT wrote:
At 9/3/2009 6:20:21 PM, DATCMOTO wrote:

It's ok me and my dangerous gang of hooligans beat up abortion doctors all the time. Were thinking of becoming a radical group.

Mmm.. you're so dangerous that you cannot hold onto an account for more than 5 minutes.. radical.
The Cross.. the Cross.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 4:41:26 PM
The Jews set up in the Middle East, and say they're the shizzle. They become not so shizzle, so a guy comes along reforming the Jewish church, calling it Christianity, and everyone thinks this is the Shizzle, mainly Europeans. Then, a guy re-reforms this church, and everyone in Arabia thinks Islam is the shizzle. Whilst the Muslims and Christians are fighting, they have one common enemy, the guys that ain't so shizzle and they're common enemy - Jews.

This is fine and dandy up untill WW2 (British aristocrats commended Hitler ignoring the Concentration camps, Anti-Semitism was common). When they're tortured, everybody goes "Oh hai, sorri about teh last two millennia or so. Friends :D?"
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
NotPurpleHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 5:42:30 PM
At 9/3/2009 3:48:39 PM, Nags wrote:
I think AnimeFanTony = TheDevil.

You can have more than one account open at the same time you know.

How do you know that you can have more than one account open at a time?

I think you are the devil.

Whos the devil...besides the devil.
idontbelieveit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 6:26:46 PM
At 9/4/2009 5:42:30 PM, NotPurpleHaze wrote:
At 9/3/2009 3:48:39 PM, Nags wrote:
I think AnimeFanTony = TheDevil.

You can have more than one account open at the same time you know.

How do you know that you can have more than one account open at a time?

I think you are the devil.

Whos the devil...besides the devil.

USAF, check the debate.org forums
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2009 10:10:39 PM

Stigma from being "Christ-killers."
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2009 1:13:21 AM
At 9/4/2009 10:10:39 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:

"The biggest one of course, and the most ridiculous, is that they killed Christ. Even though Jesus was Himself a Jew."

*from 2nd page of THIS topic* DO try to keep up.
The Cross.. the Cross.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2009 1:58:21 AM
At 9/5/2009 1:13:21 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

"The biggest one of course, and the most ridiculous, is that they killed Christ. Even though Jesus was Himself a Jew."

And of course, if you keep up half as well, you would realize that this stigma was why the catholic and protestant Christian nazi's were "justified" in their purging. Well, that, and that during WWI, the Kaiser of Germany switched to civilian government of a couple people of Jewish descent, who signed an armistice and "betrayed" Germany.

Also, the Jews were forbidden from owning property and thus had become very successful tradesmen, which in turn garnered them most of the wealth, so they made perfect scapegoats for the failing German economy between the World Wars.

Don't speak when you don't have any real idea what's going on.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2009 2:37:41 AM
At 9/5/2009 1:58:21 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
At 9/5/2009 1:13:21 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

And of course, if you keep up half as well, you would realize that this stigma was why the catholic and protestant Christian nazi's were "justified" in their purging. Well, that, and that during WWI, the Kaiser of Germany switched to civilian government of a couple people of Jewish descent, who signed an armistice and "betrayed" Germany.

Also, the Jews were forbidden from owning property and thus had become very successful tradesmen, which in turn garnered them most of the wealth, so they made perfect scapegoats for the failing German economy between the World Wars.

Don't speak when you don't have any real idea what's going on.

It one of the few epochs in history I'm conversant with, actually.
Anti semitism was rampant in most parts of the west.
For many, including Hitler, it went hand in hand with a hatred of communism: They saw it, with some justification, as a Jewish threat.
Hitler rose to power on an anti-communism ticket, not anti-Jew.
The Cross.. the Cross.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2009 9:51:53 AM

Nah, that's a post-rationalization, I think.
So prove me wrong, then.