Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

We can also become Saints

peacethroughunity
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:03:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
When in each moment of our life we live by embracing the love of God, and giving this love to the people we meet during the day, it is a way that would lead us to Sainthood.

Loving, loving, loving our neighbour is the way to become a Saint. Through our love which we receive from the Love of God, the people that we meet will also receive this love, and they will also pass on this love to others.

Through loving our neighbour we can change the world. Be encouraged, we can be Saints in our daily life.

In Peace

George Calleja - Malta
My website 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as

https://sites.google.com...

has the aim to provide inspiration and encouragement for life, and hope for people including youths and children around the globe to find courage in their life, by trusting God to be more present in their life.

Follow me on TWITTER https://twitter.com...
annanicole
Posts: 19,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:06:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 7:03:43 AM, peacethroughunity wrote:
When in each moment of our life we live by embracing the love of God, and giving this love to the people we meet during the day, it is a way that would lead us to Sainthood.

Loving, loving, loving our neighbour is the way to become a Saint. Through our love which we receive from the Love of God, the people that we meet will also receive this love, and they will also pass on this love to others.

Through loving our neighbour we can change the world. Be encouraged, we can be Saints in our daily life.

In Peace

George Calleja - Malta

True! Every faithful Christian is a saint. Any other use of the word, especially as a special descriptor limited to certain individuals is a misuse.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 2:15:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 7:03:43 AM, peacethroughunity wrote:
When in each moment of our life we live by embracing the love of God, and giving this love to the people we meet during the day, it is a way that would lead us to Sainthood.

Loving, loving, loving our neighbour is the way to become a Saint. Through our love which we receive from the Love of God, the people that we meet will also receive this love, and they will also pass on this love to others.

Through loving our neighbour we can change the world. Be encouraged, we can be Saints in our daily life.

In Peace

George Calleja - Malta


That's awesome!

However, your message of loved would be more appropriately expressed, in terms of Grace, versus Law. The whole idea of love, and grace, are that they're unconditional; God doesn't only love us because we love him-- Does your father only love you if you do what he says? I doubt it.

I can appreciate you passion for love, as we all get real emotional about it, however, we must not forget what it is, and where it truly comes from; God.

So it's actualy not even us who is loving-- it is the holy spirit in us that is love, and God grants it to us, just like he granted us his son; through whom we are all saints.

Simul iustus et peccator

soli deo gloria
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 6:22:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 2:15:51 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 7:03:43 AM, peacethroughunity wrote:
When in each moment of our life we live by embracing the love of God, and giving this love to the people we meet during the day, it is a way that would lead us to Sainthood.

Loving, loving, loving our neighbour is the way to become a Saint. Through our love which we receive from the Love of God, the people that we meet will also receive this love, and they will also pass on this love to others.

Through loving our neighbour we can change the world. Be encouraged, we can be Saints in our daily life.

In Peace

George Calleja - Malta


That's awesome!

However, your message of loved would be more appropriately expressed, in terms of Grace, versus Law. The whole idea of love, and grace, are that they're unconditional; God doesn't only love us because we love him-- Does your father only love you if you do what he says? I doubt it.

I can appreciate you passion for love, as we all get real emotional about it, however, we must not forget what it is, and where it truly comes from; God.

So it's actualy not even us who is loving-- it is the holy spirit in us that is love, and God grants it to us, just like he granted us his son; through whom we are all saints.

Simul iustus et peccator
soli deo gloria
Paradox_7 I point out.. "GOD IS LOVE!"
All men with LOVE have GOD! It is just this simple!

God is LOVE- Thus the man with LOVE would never enter the Lake of Fire.. God would not put himself in the Lake!
1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

peacethroughunity is right on!!!

Luke 10:25
On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
26 "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
27 He answered, "‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
28 "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

Paradox_7 Catholic's believe the scriptures.. Jesus did not lie.. "YOU MUST LOVE to have eternal life!"

Paradox_7 Catholic's reject the idea of salvation by "Faith ALONE"!
The protestant with ONLY Faith is without hope and God! He is Hope-less and God-less! No one enters heaven without LOVE, faith and Hope are not needed in heaven!

>>God Is LOVE<<!

Dogknox
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 6:50:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Interesting.

I wonder, can an atheist become a saint. Say, an atheist is the most loving, caring person who does tremendous good their neighbors and for the world. This would lead them to sainthood right?
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:46:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 6:22:52 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 8/9/2012 2:15:51 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 7:03:43 AM, peacethroughunity wrote:
When in each moment of our life we live by embracing the love of God, and giving this love to the people we meet during the day, it is a way that would lead us to Sainthood.

Loving, loving, loving our neighbour is the way to become a Saint. Through our love which we receive from the Love of God, the people that we meet will also receive this love, and they will also pass on this love to others.

Through loving our neighbour we can change the world. Be encouraged, we can be Saints in our daily life.

In Peace

George Calleja - Malta


That's awesome!

However, your message of loved would be more appropriately expressed, in terms of Grace, versus Law. The whole idea of love, and grace, are that they're unconditional; God doesn't only love us because we love him-- Does your father only love you if you do what he says? I doubt it.

I can appreciate you passion for love, as we all get real emotional about it, however, we must not forget what it is, and where it truly comes from; God.

So it's actualy not even us who is loving-- it is the holy spirit in us that is love, and God grants it to us, just like he granted us his son; through whom we are all saints.

Simul iustus et peccator
soli deo gloria
Paradox_7 I point out.. "GOD IS LOVE!"
All men with LOVE have GOD! It is just this simple!

God is LOVE- Thus the man with LOVE would never enter the Lake of Fire.. God would not put himself in the Lake!
1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

peacethroughunity is right on!!!

Luke 10:25
On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?"
26 "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"
27 He answered, "‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
28 "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

Paradox_7 Catholic's believe the scriptures.. Jesus did not lie.. "YOU MUST LOVE to have eternal life!"

Paradox_7 Catholic's reject the idea of salvation by "Faith ALONE"!
The protestant with ONLY Faith is without hope and God! He is Hope-less and God-less! No one enters heaven without LOVE, faith and Hope are not needed in heaven!

>>God Is LOVE<<!

Dogknox


You did not contradict me here, you that, right?

God is love-- man is not.
God's love is good-- man's is not.

All I said, was that the love we have for Good, or God, is from God.. We didn't not over come our sinful nature and just choose to follow God or Christ.

Nothing i've said contradicts scripture either.. you must love in order to recieve eternal life, and because God choose who will recieve this gift of love, it is for sure.

Ephesians 1

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.

Everything was made to be fulfilled by Christ, and God chose us in him[Christ] before the creation of the world; HE CHOSE, NOT US. Every command was intended for Christ to uphold for us. Including the "law" to love.

In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-- 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

We were adopted by God through Christs work, and he chose us because of HIS pleasure and HIS will, not ours-- he actually violates our will, by giving us to his son despite our wicked hearts and desire to depart from him. He gave this to us FREELY. FREE--get it, no cost to us, no conditions, no do this and get that type of love..

7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace 8 that he lavished on us...

We have redemption in Christ, because our lives will be lawless failures. We MUST be granted grace, because if we were not, we would ALL perish. God lavished his love and grace on us, per the verses above, for his reasons.. which obviously exclude the commands already fulfilled by his son; which is why we are forgiven once our bodies of sin die, and we are made to rise a new.

Remember, the heart is beyond cure (Jer17:9), since it is beyond cure, we can know that it will not turn from it's evil desires in this life.. and it will be torn from within by the holy spirit.

With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment --to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

You must notice the theme here; Christ. Everything is about Christ, and everything was completed by Christ. We are shells of death, and in our filth God placed the seed of truth (the holy spirit), and this gift of God attaches us to Christ. His pleasure determines everything-- Christ pleases him, and in Christ, few are chosen.

And if you wish to suggest summore that man is anything more than God's Elect, and God's vessels of wrath, Paul has something to say to you:

3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

You see? do not assume that you can be holy, but humble yourself knowing that had God not 'distributed' faith to you, you would be the same as the heathens; that is, not justified by Christ.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Magicr
Posts: 135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:51:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 6:50:33 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Interesting.

I wonder, can an atheist become a saint. Say, an atheist is the most loving, caring person who does tremendous good their neighbors and for the world. This would lead them to sainthood right?

Interesting indeed. Once I asked a priest if atheists could go to heaven, and he said as long as we thought we were doing to the right thing, then yes. I doubt we could become saints, though, but it is an interesting thought.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 7:55:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 7:51:17 PM, Magicr wrote:
At 8/9/2012 6:50:33 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Interesting.

I wonder, can an atheist become a saint. Say, an atheist is the most loving, caring person who does tremendous good their neighbors and for the world. This would lead them to sainthood right?

Interesting indeed. Once I asked a priest if atheists could go to heaven, and he said as long as we thought we were doing to the right thing, then yes. I doubt we could become saints, though, but it is an interesting thought.

An atheist cannot be a saint.

The only way a person can be a saint is through Christ; read above post. Humans are only interested in Sin, and Sin is awesome to us.. soo, there is no real reason why we'd just decide to be saints.

That priest sounds to be in danger himself.. if he truly believes that.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 8:22:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 7:55:48 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 7:51:17 PM, Magicr wrote:
At 8/9/2012 6:50:33 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Interesting.

I wonder, can an atheist become a saint. Say, an atheist is the most loving, caring person who does tremendous good their neighbors and for the world. This would lead them to sainthood right?

Interesting indeed. Once I asked a priest if atheists could go to heaven, and he said as long as we thought we were doing to the right thing, then yes. I doubt we could become saints, though, but it is an interesting thought.

An atheist cannot be a saint.

The only way a person can be a saint is through Christ; read above post. Humans are only interested in Sin, and Sin is awesome to us.. soo, there is no real reason why we'd just decide to be saints.

That priest sounds to be in danger himself.. if he truly believes that.

Do you believe that someone needs to believe in your God to act morally? You realize there are plenty of nice caring atheists and people of different faiths. What about nice caring people before the Christian religion. Can they become saints?
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 8:33:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The christian churches has a list of saints. I wonder if God has his own separate list of saints? For example, getting recognized by the Church does not make you a saint (because humans can make mistakes), but getting recognized by God does.

Also, some people pray to saints. Does becoming a saint give you extra magical powers when you die?
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 8:42:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 8:22:29 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
At 8/9/2012 7:55:48 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/9/2012 7:51:17 PM, Magicr wrote:
At 8/9/2012 6:50:33 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
Interesting.

I wonder, can an atheist become a saint. Say, an atheist is the most loving, caring person who does tremendous good their neighbors and for the world. This would lead them to sainthood right?

Interesting indeed. Once I asked a priest if atheists could go to heaven, and he said as long as we thought we were doing to the right thing, then yes. I doubt we could become saints, though, but it is an interesting thought.

An atheist cannot be a saint.

The only way a person can be a saint is through Christ; read above post. Humans are only interested in Sin, and Sin is awesome to us.. soo, there is no real reason why we'd just decide to be saints.

That priest sounds to be in danger himself.. if he truly believes that.

Do you believe that someone needs to believe in your God to act morally? You realize there are plenty of nice caring atheists and people of different faiths. What about nice caring people before the Christian religion. Can they become saints?


Nope there are plenty of moral atheists, and I'm friends with a few; don't really have too many Christian friends.. but i'm sure there are moral ones and immoral ones.. just like anyone else.

But sin, is beyond what we consider moral.. imo, most people would be in heaven; but it doesn't really matter what i think or wish for. I'm just as moral as some, and just as immoral as others-- I'm pretty much cool with everyone i can be.

To explain a sin bit further though, you need to understand that it goes far beyond what people do, or say.. the bible refers to sin being more of a condition that infects the source of our desires and choices; thoughts and motives. So even if a person 'seems' to be very kind or genuine, God weighs the things we have no idea about..

I hate it, but I agree with it.

lol, nice try-- There is nothing older then the Christian God. Simply because another people began writting things down sooner doesn't mean that they were older then Christianity..
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 8:49:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago


Nope there are plenty of moral atheists, and I'm friends with a few; don't really have too many Christian friends.. but i'm sure there are moral ones and immoral ones.. just like anyone else.

But sin, is beyond what we consider moral.. imo, most people would be in heaven; but it doesn't really matter what i think or wish for. I'm just as moral as some, and just as immoral as others-- I'm pretty much cool with everyone i can be.

To explain a sin bit further though, you need to understand that it goes far beyond what people do, or say.. the bible refers to sin being more of a condition that infects the source of our desires and choices; thoughts and motives. So even if a person 'seems' to be very kind or genuine, God weighs the things we have no idea about..

I hate it, but I agree with it.

Cool. This sin thing is tough to understand haha. But it is interesting.

lol, nice try-- There is nothing older then the Christian God. Simply because another people began writting things down sooner doesn't mean that they were older then Christianity..

I understand, but no one could believe in Jesus or the Christian God before the religion began. Like a really nice caring ancient person, they would have 0% chance of becoming a saint if "belief" was required.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 8:49:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 8:33:43 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
The christian churches has a list of saints. I wonder if God has his own separate list of saints? For example, getting recognized by the Church does not make you a saint (because humans can make mistakes), but getting recognized by God does.

Also, some people pray to saints. Does becoming a saint give you extra magical powers when you die?


Of course he has is own list.. it's actually the ONLY list that matters. When you say 'the church' you really cripple most 'religious' peoples argument, because they have faith in the Chruch more than Christ.

I don't know which Chruch is the ONE true Church, or if its a compiliation of Church's. Doesn't really matter to me, I found a solid church, they preach the word and it makes sense, i've never seen anyone-- from wlc to chuck smith-- stump the theologians of my church. They're pretty sharp you should check em out...

http://www.whitehorseinn.org...

But, I have no idea if we'll have any special powers.. i doubt it, but if we do, I'd like to be Goku.. soo down. lol jk
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,091
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 8:53:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Paradox_7 thank you for your reply..
You said..
Nothing i've said contradicts scripture either.. you must love in order to recieve eternal life, and because God choose who will recieve this gift of love, it is for sure.
I point out: All men are made in God's image... "ALL men love"! Dogs, cats, pigs, rats, snails, chicken cannot LOVE! Only Man is made in the image and likeness of GOD! BUT..
Animals cannot SIN!! Only Man can sin because only MAN can choose NOT to love! God does NOT choose who can love.. If it was chosen then God would not be perfect... A perfect loving God gives LOVE to every Man... Only Man is made in God's image.. You can't say some men can't love!

You said.. We were adopted by God through Christs work, and he chose us because of HIS pleasure and HIS will, not ours-- he actually violates our will, by giving us to his son despite our wicked hearts and desire to depart from him. He gave this to us FREELY. FREE--get it, no cost to us, no conditions, no do this and get that type of love..

I reply: WE are adopted into God' family by "BAPTISM"! So you are WRONG!

The Bride baptizes with water and God the GROOM sends the GIFT of the Holy Spirit! The Adopted Child of God is re-Born by "Water AND Spirit!" By the actions of Bride and Groom! Two, two, two parents not just one, form a new child! The Catholic is born into God' holy Family by Baptism! I am Jesus brother because I am a DISCIPLE! "Make Disciples of all nations Baptizing"!

Jesus COMMISSIONED HIS CHURCH Before he left!
.........................
Commissioned
1. The act of granting certain powers or the authority to carry out a particular task or duty.
.......................

The Holy Catholic Church was given a Job to do in Jesus absents! The Job was to; "Make Disciples Baptizing"!
The Job was to; "TEACH all Nations!"
Jesus promised he would never ever leave his Holy Catholic Church!

The Great Commission:
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Paradox_7 Disciples are Jesus' BROTHERS, Disciples are made by Baptism!! Baptism is performed by TWO parents.. Church washes away sin the Groom sends the GIFT!

Matthew 12:49
Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers.

Paradox_7 Disciples are made by Baptism! God' Children are made by Baptism! All baptized are Jesus brothers/sisters! Church Baptizes all nations to MAKE DISCIPLES!!
Matthew 28... Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them..

Disciples are MADE by Church baptizing!
God's CHILDREN are made by Church Baptizing all nations!
Disciples are Jesus' BROTHERS!
Logic says IF..
If you are Jesus' BROTHER then God would be your father.. duh!

Baptism ADDED 3000 people to Jesus' body the first day of Pentecost!
Paradox_7 Logic says IF..
If you are IMMERSED into the Body of Jesus then you are God' Child also!


Church "Peter" ADDED 3000 DISCIPLES to God' Family the first day of Pentecost by "BAPTIZING THEM!" Peter was carrying out the COMMISSION!
Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation."
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

DO YOU SEE IT??!
about three thousand were added to Jesus' Holy Body that day. >BY BAPTISM!!!!!!

Paradox_7 Baptism saved 3000 the first day of Pentecost because they were ADDED by the BRIDE to Jesus' Body, they became DISCIPLES, they became God' Adopted Children: They became Jesus' BROTHERS!!

Dogknox
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 8:56:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 8:49:39 PM, twocupcakes wrote:


Nope there are plenty of moral atheists, and I'm friends with a few; don't really have too many Christian friends.. but i'm sure there are moral ones and immoral ones.. just like anyone else.

But sin, is beyond what we consider moral.. imo, most people would be in heaven; but it doesn't really matter what i think or wish for. I'm just as moral as some, and just as immoral as others-- I'm pretty much cool with everyone i can be.

To explain a sin bit further though, you need to understand that it goes far beyond what people do, or say.. the bible refers to sin being more of a condition that infects the source of our desires and choices; thoughts and motives. So even if a person 'seems' to be very kind or genuine, God weighs the things we have no idea about..

I hate it, but I agree with it.

Cool. This sin thing is tough to understand haha. But it is interesting.

Yeah, especially when people refer to it being certain set of visible actions.. they tend to get that holier than thou attitude; really gets on my nerves.

I'm pretty sure you're not to fond of scripture nd stuff, but Romans 7(http://www.biblegateway.com...) is a pretty comprehensive explanation of Sin, and how a person could ever be a saint, when they can't do anything but sin..

lol, nice try-- There is nothing older then the Christian God. Simply because another people began writting things down sooner doesn't mean that they were older then Christianity..

I understand, but no one could believe in Jesus or the Christian God before the religion began. Like a really nice caring ancient person, they would have 0% chance of becoming a saint if "belief" was required.


Yeah, however, if Christianity is true, then the closer you got to the beginning you'd figure the more you'd know about God-- especially since you'd probably have met adam and eve, or knew them personally, you'd probably have seen some crazy direct act of God type sh!t...
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
annanicole
Posts: 19,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 10:23:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 8:33:43 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
The christian churches has a list of saints.

LOL No, it doesn't! Name one.

I wonder if God has his own separate list of saints? For example, getting recognized by the Church does not make you a saint (because humans can make mistakes), but getting recognized by God does.

Yep

Also, some people pray to saints. Does becoming a saint give you extra magical powers when you die?

Those who do so are misguided or, more properly, simply naive.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 6:40:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/9/2012 10:23:07 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/9/2012 8:33:43 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
The christian churches has a list of saints.

LOL No, it doesn't! Name one.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a long long list of christian saints