Jump to topic:

Did these 2 go to hell??

Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:21:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay, so I'm sure one of you Christians has heard of this little dilema, and I'm sure if you have heard it, you've come up with a lot to say about it..lol

Say there is a Christian couple, not married, just dating, and they decide to do the ole' park on a ridge and enjoy the view of the city. The couple begins kissing and such, and of course.. things get a little outa hand.

They start shagg'n.

As they're knockin boots, the brake is flung loose, and the vehicle begins to roll. The couple so engulfed in eachother(freaks), don't even notice the vehicles motion. As the vehicle reaches the cliff it plumets, and kills them both instantly.

Did these 2 go to hell, or heaven?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:24:17 PM
Interesting...

My first instinct is to say hell, but I think I should think about it a little more.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:38:57 PM
Well, I heard the Christian God forgives these kinds of sins f you want to be forgiven and stuff. The fact that you were killed during the sin shouldn't change anything, should it?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:44:19 PM
At 8/10/2012 2:21:30 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
Okay, so I'm sure one of you Christians has heard of this little dilema, and I'm sure if you have heard it, you've come up with a lot to say about it..lol

Say there is a Christian couple, not married, just dating, and they decide to do the ole' park on a ridge and enjoy the view of the city. The couple begins kissing and such, and of course.. things get a little outa hand.

They start shagg'n.

As they're knockin boots, the brake is flung loose, and the vehicle begins to roll. The couple so engulfed in eachother(freaks), don't even notice the vehicles motion. As the vehicle reaches the cliff it plumets, and kills them both instantly.

No one can answer that. No one should try, either.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:49:35 PM
At 8/10/2012 2:44:19 PM, annanicole wrote:

They start shagg'n.

No one can answer that. No one should try, either.

Of course, and it is pure speculation.. however, given that we know those 2 had Faith in Christ, and that they were sinners all their life-- does this sin at the last moment seal the deal for them? does it follow in scripture, that this would either be a defining moment of God's grace, or an example of man's fall away from grace?

Be serious anna, do you believe that these people could have still been saved? or does it seem more likely to you that they were not?
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:51:37 PM

They start shagg'n.

We are not judges on their life. They have returned to their Lord, who is the best of all judges.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:51:57 PM
At 8/10/2012 2:38:57 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Well, I heard the Christian God forgives these kinds of sins f you want to be forgiven and stuff. The fact that you were killed during the sin shouldn't change anything, should it?

That's the way I see it.

If these to were chosen before creation (eph.1), and they were chosen despite their life's sins (all of them, not just the ones prior to recognition), this would seem to be irrelevant to their salvation, and thus they would remain in Christ as God set them out too from the start...
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:56:48 PM
At 8/10/2012 2:51:57 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

That's the way I see it.

If these to were chosen before creation (eph.1), and they were chosen despite their life's sins (all of them, not just the ones prior to recognition), this would seem to be irrelevant to their salvation, and thus they would remain in Christ as God set them out too from the start...

Well, most people at first glance would say they werent true Christians. However, if they had faith in Christ, as you say, then yes they will go to Heaven. Eternal security, once saved always saved, guarantees them entrance into Heaven no matter what sin they commit. I believe Calvinists call this: Perseverance of the Saints.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 2:59:44 PM
At 8/10/2012 2:51:37 PM, baggins wrote:

They start shagg'n.

We are not judges on their life. They have returned to their Lord, who is the best of all judges.

C'mon guys, you are missing the point..

I am not asking anyone to answer beyond a doubt. Or to declare that these 2 were absolutely saved or condemned; I'm asking you to express what your understanding of scripture tells you about something like this.

If you're a Christian, and you rely on the bible as your source of knowledge of God, situations like this can be speculated on.

If you are simply saying you have no effn idea, then why even post?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:02:08 PM
At 8/10/2012 2:56:48 PM, acvavra wrote:

That's the way I see it.

Well, most people at first glance would say they werent true Christians. However, if they had faith in Christ, as you say, then yes they will go to Heaven. Eternal security, once saved always saved, guarantees them entrance into Heaven no matter what sin they commit. I believe Calvinists call this: Perseverance of the Saints.

You would be correct my pedigree chum.

But, would say that these 2 weren't true Christians because they were fornicating? or are you merely pointing out that, too some, it would appear that way (excluding yourself)?
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:17:54 PM

That's the way I see it.

So faith is a license to commit whatever sin you please?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:21:07 PM

They start shagg'n.

First question is.. "Were they Baptized"? Not that the UN Baptized don't go to Heaven but the UN Baptized are NOT God' Children they are the Children of Adam!

John died before he could be Baptized by the "Empowered Church at Pentecost!"
Matthew 11:11
Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

John did not enter the Throne Room, he was NOT a Child of the KING!

"The Thief On the Cross" ended up in PARADISE!! Paradise is a Garden IN Heaven it is NOT the throne room! The Good Thief died before Pentecost!
Luke 23:43
Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

Revelation 2:7
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Second question.. Did they LOVE!! No one enters heaven if they are LOVELESS!! Love is GIVING of the self from the heart! As Jesus gave himself COMPLETELY... His Body (Suffering) his Divinity (he lowered himself to just a MAN) His Soul.. (His LIFE) Jesus gave his ALL..
Body, Soul and Divinity!!
Totally from the heart> Perfect LOVE!!!
Paradox_7 Man is saved by "LOVE ALONE"!

We are consuming Jesus COMPLETELY, Jesus is GIVING his all!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

We are what we eat... Jesus feed us> LIVING food come down from heaven!
Paradox_7 Adam lost access to the "Tree Of Life" he was removed from Paradise "Adam died because he could NOT EAT"! Jesus IS: "The True Food from heaven; The LIFE!"

Ephesians 5:29
After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body.

We EAT the food Jesus feeds his BODY: We eat the TRUE food.. That comes from heaven "The LIFE!" Jesus the second Adam; HAS ASSESS to the Tree!

Jesus is PURE LOVE... God is LOVE!!!
Man enters heaven through the GATE of LOVE!
John 10:9
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

All must enter heaven through the; "GATE OF LOVE"!

ONLY God can see into each mans heart and ONLY God can judge each man!
Paradox_7 The Second Question is the question that no one can answer but Jesus!

Question: "DID THEY LOVE"? If YES they entered Heaven... God does NOT put himself into the Lake of Fire! If they LOVED then they had GOD INSIDE!

1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

DID YOU SEE IT??? Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Dogknox
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:25:23 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:17:54 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:

That's the way I see it.

So faith is a license to commit whatever sin you please?

A license to sin? that makes it seem like there are time when we aren't sinning.

Since we can't do anything but sin; when are these times when we aren't sinners?
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:28:06 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:24:26 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Why would they go to hell? What have they done wrong?

I don't think they would, but they were not married and thus were commiting adultry.

But most people don't understand that we all commit adultry, and some of us do it like all day.. bottom line, we can't escape sin in a sinful body, so if a person has faith in Christ, and dies, at anytime they will be in the act of sin.. it's no different here.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:28:31 PM

Rational_Thinker9119 You ask two questions.
They go to Hell if they are without GOD.. If they are Love-less!
>GOD IS LOVE<!
1 John 4:16
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Jesus is pure Love all must enter through "LOVE"!

What did they do wrong? Good question... "hit the break pedal, most likely!"
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:38:38 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:28:06 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

I don't think they would, but they were not married and thus were commiting adultry.

But most people don't understand that we all commit adultry, and some of us do it like all day.. bottom line, we can't escape sin in a sinful body, so if a person has faith in Christ, and dies, at anytime they will be in the act of sin.. it's no different here.

Paradox_7 "Faith in Jesus is; Believing the words of Jesus"!
Jesus said: "You MUST LOVE"!
Jesus said: "If you LOVE God and Neighbor, you will have eternal life"!
Jesus said: "Those who have done GOOD will rise to eternal LIFE!"
Jesus said: "You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do"!
Jesus said: "God is LOVE, Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them."

Paradox_7 Rejecting "LOVE SAVES" is rejecting Jesus!
Rejecting "LOVE SAVES" is NOT having Faith in Jesus!
Rejecting "LOVE SAVES" is NOT BELIEVING IN Jesus!

Believers BELIEVE the scriptures! The teaching of "Faith ALONE" can't be found in scriptures, it first appeared Sixteen Hundred years AFTER Jesus! MEN made up the teaching "faith alone saves"!
All who trust their souls to this lie are Satan fodder!! The teaching of "Faith ALONE" sends the most souls to Satan truly he had his hand in it's making!!

Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 3:39:50 PM
"Be serious anna, do you believe that these people could have still been saved? or does it seem more likely to you that they were not?"

If they had heard the gospel, believed it, repented of their past sins, confessed Christ, and been baptized, they were thus pardoned of their past sins. Unless they had basically denied the faith, as did the people described in Heb 6: 4-6, then my worthless opinion is that they were saved.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:49:58 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:02:08 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

That's the way I see it.

You would be correct my pedigree chum.

But, would say that these 2 weren't true Christians because they were fornicating? or are you merely pointing out that, too some, it would appear that way (excluding yourself)?

Too some(excluding myself) it would appear that way.
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 4:53:06 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:39:50 PM, annanicole wrote:
"Be serious anna, do you believe that these people could have still been saved? or does it seem more likely to you that they were not?"

If they had heard the gospel, believed it, repented of their past sins, confessed Christ, and been baptized, they were thus pardoned of their past sins. Unless they had basically denied the faith, as did the people described in Heb 6: 4-6, then my worthless opinion is that they were saved.

Baptism DOES NOT SAVE YOU. The Gospel is faith in Christ ALONE(1 Corinthians 15:1-3).
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:30:32 PM
At 8/10/2012 5:07:23 PM, twocupcakes wrote:
How does a sin get "cleared"? Do you have to pray for forgiveness to get a sin "cleared"?

If you have faith in Christ, all of your sins were forgiven 2,000 years ago.. and determined to be forgiven before creation.

But, on the day to day, we pretty much just acknowledge them to God.. our lives are of continuous repentence..
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:30:55 PM
To me it seems like they would go to heaven. The key word is "christian" if they believed in Christ as Savior and Lord then they will go to heaven. Not only that but you would have to use the same example for every sin. What if someone died when they were lieing, or when they were acting out of anger, or when looking at someone lustfully. If you say hell to the any of them wouldn't you have to say hell to anyone who died during sin? And I think there wa probably a lot of people who died during sin.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:36:14 PM
At 8/10/2012 4:53:06 PM, acvavra wrote:
At 8/10/2012 3:39:50 PM, annanicole wrote:

Baptism DOES NOT SAVE YOU. The Gospel is faith in Christ ALONE(1 Corinthians 15:1-3).

Well, I Pet 3: 20-21 "Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even BAPTISM DOTH ALSO NOW SAVE US (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ .."

You and Peter talk differently. Had you been there, you could have added the "NOT" to the verse.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:39:01 PM
"If you have faith in Christ, all of your sins were forgiven 2,000 years ago.. and determined to be forgiven before creation."

Well, it seems to me that plenty of folks in the NT, including Saul of Tarsus and the 3,000 on Pentecost, still had their sins upon them - even though they later became believers/had faith.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:44:26 PM
At 8/10/2012 3:38:38 PM, Dogknox wrote:

You are gonna have to try and clear up your posts a bit.. I'd be glad to wield the bible and destroy your man-centered theology, but i need to be able to understand what you are saying, and have a place to start from with my objections.. because it seems like there are going to be a lot.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:46:34 PM
At 8/10/2012 5:30:55 PM, stubs wrote:
To me it seems like they would go to heaven. The key word is "christian" if they believed in Christ as Savior and Lord then they will go to heaven. Not only that but you would have to use the same example for every sin. What if someone died when they were lieing, or when they were acting out of anger, or when looking at someone lustfully. If you say hell to the any of them wouldn't you have to say hell to anyone who died during sin? And I think there wa probably a lot of people who died during sin.

Well dive a litter deeper stubs, when are we ever loving God with all our heart, mind, and strength?

So at every minute of lives we are loving other things, and at every moment we love ourselves more then other, so there is not one point in time that we could die and not be in the act of sinning..
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:57:33 PM
acvavra wrote

I reply: "Faith in Jesus is; Believing the words of Jesus"!
Jesus said: "You MUST LOVE"!
Jesus said: "If you LOVE God and Neighbor, you will have eternal life"!
Jesus said: "Those who have done GOOD will rise to eternal LIFE!"
Jesus said: "You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do"!
Jesus said: "God is LOVE, Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them."

Rejecting "LOVE SAVES" is rejecting Jesus!
Rejecting "LOVE SAVES" is NOT having Faith in Jesus!
Rejecting "LOVE SAVES" is NOT BELIEVING IN Jesus!

acvavra Believers BELIEVE the scriptures! The teaching of "Faith ALONE" can't be found in scriptures, it first appeared Sixteen Hundred years AFTER Jesus! MEN made up the teaching of "faith alone saves"!
All who trust their souls to this lie are Satan fodder!! The teaching of "Faith ALONE" sends the most souls to Satan, truly Satan had his hand in the making of; "Faith is all man needs"!!!

Faith CAN'T be ALONE.. Faith comes from HEARING!!!
You must HEAR the words, believe the words... "All who love HAVE Eternal LIFE!"
Rejecting the words.. "All who love HAVE Eternal LIFE" is rejecting Jesus!

Rejecting the words; "Woman are saved by Childbearing" is rejecting Jesus! Jesus wrote the bible the man who trusts his soul to the man made Un-SCRIPTURAL teaching of "faith ALONE" is trusting his soul to the teachings of MEN... Men Like Martin Luther!

Martin Luther is NOT Jesus! Duh!!

Dogknox
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 5:59:08 PM
At 8/10/2012 5:39:01 PM, annanicole wrote:
"If you have faith in Christ, all of your sins were forgiven 2,000 years ago.. and determined to be forgiven before creation."

Well, it seems to me that plenty of folks in the NT, including Saul of Tarsus and the 3,000 on Pentecost, still had their sins upon them - even though they later became believers/had faith.

What do you mean they had their sins still upon them?

Salvation is a final state; a conclusion, so if that is what a person recieves, it is becuase that is what they were always going to recieve, and they were never to be charged eternally for their sin.

I understand we all suffer for our sins here in this life, and we all are sin factories, but we are viewed by God, through the lense of Christ, and as such are seen without sin.

I never speak of Salvation in terms of it being new or there being a point in that persons life when they 'became' saved..

I usually call it recognition, or realization. There is a point when people realized they were saved-- this, imo, maintains that God alone chose before creation (eph.1).
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2012 6:03:13 PM
"Faith CAN'T be ALONE.. Faith comes from HEARING!!!" <--- LMAO @ that 1! Man

"Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only." (James 2: 24)

"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." (James 2: 19)

Congratulations! You succeed in making absurd defenses when you are wrong. Anyone can do that, though. You, however, make absurd defenses even when you happen to be right. Least you're consistent.