Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Jewish Penis Sucking after Circumcision

TheFogHorn
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 2:31:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://freethinker.co.uk...

As stories about peodophilia being rife in ultra orthodox Jewish communties managed to make it into the open air, a closer look is being had at certain rituals within the community. One is the sucking of penises to remove blood from babies after circumcision. This can not only spread disease but can also set a seed of perversion in the minds of those doing it and those watching it.

This, along with the brutal savagery of the baby's penis, is child abuse and if the R word was not involved those commiting these acts would be socially ostrocised and imprisoned.

This is seriously sick.....as are most religious rituals.

Get out of it while you can salvage some self respect.
TheFogHorn
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 2:39:05 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The method to be adopted is laid down thus: 'One excises the foreskin, [that is] the entire skin covering the glans, so that the corona is laid bare. Afterwards, one tears with the fingernail the soft membrane underneath the skin, turning it to the sides until the flesh of the glans appears. Thereafter, one sucks the membrane until the blood is extracted from the [more] remote places, so that no danger [to the infant] may ensue; and any circumciser who does not carry out the sucking procedure is to be removed [from his office].' … The operation itself, then, consists of three distinct acts: the excision of the prepuce; the laceration of the mucous membrane covering the glans; and the sucking of the blood from the interior of the wound.

A final concern involves circumcision (brit milah). In the Orthodox rite, after making the incision, the mohel actually sucks the wound to draw out blood and promote clotting. Since babies can acquire the virus through their mothers, this creates risks for mohels. The AIDS virus, however, cannot survive a solution of 75% alcohol so a quick swishing of 150 proof rum prior to the sucking will avoid all problems.

http://www.come-and-hear.com...

So, can we assume that all Jewish boys have had their penises sucked by a supposedly religious man?

Oh, be careful little eyes what you see!
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 4:52:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Fool: Yeah it looks to wrong and gross. I am anti-ideology all together. And thus I would argue anyforms of irrational ideology is problematic. But to be honest I don't think this one would be a one of the reasons to abandon it. I don't think there is a rational moral case with the circumcism. It more of a shock and aww heuristical association. Not that I want to give any sense advocating anyform of ideology.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
TheFogHorn
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 7:09:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you discovered that every single boy toddler in nursery had his penis sucked by a nursery nurse, wouldn't you be shocked to the core and expect every single other sane person in the country to also be totally revolted....and demand that not one more toddler was meddled with?

It's only because this is wrapped up in a religious package that you cannot bring yourself to say it's wrong and it shouldn't happen. I wonder what else happens behind closed doors within the very secretive and protectionist walls of ultra orthodox Judaism.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 8:18:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't usually care to defend funky and archaic ritualism, but like Foghorns other post there is an entirely lacking context for the sake of whatever agenda she has.

This practice of "Metzitzah B'peh" was done entirely for the sake of avoiding health complications with regards to infection hundreds of years ago via circumcision. (Ritual circumcision is another discussion that I have no interest in defending, nor am I defending this practice.) Since there are now methods (That are safer, and not a health concern within themselves) this procedure is not as prevalent.

"Metzitzah B'peh" has in fact been controversial within the orthodox Jewish community for awhile, not just because of the health concerns, but also because of some of the issues associated with it. While that is secondary to the health concerns, contemporary customs are focused on what the point of "Metzitzah B'peh" was intended for religiously and initially, which was a method for preserving the health of the infant in a time of less than ideal medical knowledge. Since there are now methods to sustain the infants health, without any health risk, this custom has been increasingly phased out for awhile now.

http://www.ou.org...

...And naturally, like most religious ritualism, the whole thing just sounds weird and archaic... But there you have it...
Debate.org Moderator
TheFogHorn
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 8:50:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 8:18:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I don't usually care to defend funky and archaic ritualism, but like Foghorns other post there is an entirely lacking context for the sake of whatever agenda she has.

This practice of "Metzitzah B'peh" was done entirely for the sake of avoiding health complications with regards to infection hundreds of years ago via circumcision. (Ritual circumcision is another discussion that I have no interest in defending, nor am I defending this practice.) Since there are now methods (That are safer, and not a health concern within themselves) this procedure is not as prevalent.

"Metzitzah B'peh" has in fact been controversial within the orthodox Jewish community for awhile, not just because of the health concerns, but also because of some of the issues associated with it. While that is secondary to the health concerns, contemporary customs are focused on what the point of "Metzitzah B'peh" was intended for religiously and initially, which was a method for preserving the health of the infant in a time of less than ideal medical knowledge. Since there are now methods to sustain the infants health, without any health risk, this custom has been increasingly phased out for awhile now.

http://www.ou.org...

...And naturally, like most religious ritualism, the whole thing just sounds weird and archaic... But there you have it...

No, you are wrong.....the whole thing does not just SOUND weird and archaic but IS weird, archaic and sick in the head.

Who knows how common it is? The ultra orthodox Jewish communities are also ultra secretive and protective of their weird and archaic goings on. However, this article says more children die due to this practice than do from gunshot wounds......in New York! It's obvioulsy not uncommon. For them to carry on doing it knowiing the risks just because they feel it's their religious duty just shows how dangerous religion can be....even to their own people.

http://failedmessiah.typepad.com...
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 9:13:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 8:50:25 PM, TheFogHorn wrote:
At 8/11/2012 8:18:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I don't usually care to defend funky and archaic ritualism, but like Foghorns other post there is an entirely lacking context for the sake of whatever agenda she has.

This practice of "Metzitzah B'peh" was done entirely for the sake of avoiding health complications with regards to infection hundreds of years ago via circumcision. (Ritual circumcision is another discussion that I have no interest in defending, nor am I defending this practice.) Since there are now methods (That are safer, and not a health concern within themselves) this procedure is not as prevalent.

"Metzitzah B'peh" has in fact been controversial within the orthodox Jewish community for awhile, not just because of the health concerns, but also because of some of the issues associated with it. While that is secondary to the health concerns, contemporary customs are focused on what the point of "Metzitzah B'peh" was intended for religiously and initially, which was a method for preserving the health of the infant in a time of less than ideal medical knowledge. Since there are now methods to sustain the infants health, without any health risk, this custom has been increasingly phased out for awhile now.

http://www.ou.org...

...And naturally, like most religious ritualism, the whole thing just sounds weird and archaic... But there you have it...

No, you are wrong.....the whole thing does not just SOUND weird and archaic but IS weird, archaic and sick in the head.

Who knows how common it is? The ultra orthodox Jewish communities are also ultra secretive and protective of their weird and archaic goings on. However, this article says more children die due to this practice than do from gunshot wounds......in New York! It's obvioulsy not uncommon. For them to carry on doing it knowiing the risks just because they feel it's their religious duty just shows how dangerous religion can be....even to their own people.

http://failedmessiah.typepad.com...

I'm not defending this. I just decided to make a post about it that wasn't intended to be from a hateful perspective.

The following is how you derive that "this article says more children die due to this practice than do from gunshot wounds......in New York!"

The article says:
"There are no firm statistics, but based on the stats I've seen, a baby is more likely to be sickened or killed by MBP than by gun violence, meaning that if all American babies were circumcised at eight days and had MBP done to them, more would end up hospitalized and maimed than American children up to the age of 5 are killed or injured by gun violence."

Did I miss somewhere where it says that more infants are dying from this than people who die from gun shots in New York? Or was your intent really to blatantly misinform to such an extent?

As for the rest of your response, I happen to agree that religion makes people wacky. I don't approve of this practice, as it's entirely unnecessary and potentially dangerous.
Debate.org Moderator
TheFogHorn
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 9:40:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 9:13:53 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/11/2012 8:50:25 PM, TheFogHorn wrote:
At 8/11/2012 8:18:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I don't usually care to defend funky and archaic ritualism, but like Foghorns other post there is an entirely lacking context for the sake of whatever agenda she has.

This practice of "Metzitzah B'peh" was done entirely for the sake of avoiding health complications with regards to infection hundreds of years ago via circumcision. (Ritual circumcision is another discussion that I have no interest in defending, nor am I defending this practice.) Since there are now methods (That are safer, and not a health concern within themselves) this procedure is not as prevalent.

"Metzitzah B'peh" has in fact been controversial within the orthodox Jewish community for awhile, not just because of the health concerns, but also because of some of the issues associated with it. While that is secondary to the health concerns, contemporary customs are focused on what the point of "Metzitzah B'peh" was intended for religiously and initially, which was a method for preserving the health of the infant in a time of less than ideal medical knowledge. Since there are now methods to sustain the infants health, without any health risk, this custom has been increasingly phased out for awhile now.

http://www.ou.org...

...And naturally, like most religious ritualism, the whole thing just sounds weird and archaic... But there you have it...

No, you are wrong.....the whole thing does not just SOUND weird and archaic but IS weird, archaic and sick in the head.

Who knows how common it is? The ultra orthodox Jewish communities are also ultra secretive and protective of their weird and archaic goings on. However, this article says more children die due to this practice than do from gunshot wounds......in New York! It's obvioulsy not uncommon. For them to carry on doing it knowiing the risks just because they feel it's their religious duty just shows how dangerous religion can be....even to their own people.

http://failedmessiah.typepad.com...

I'm not defending this. I just decided to make a post about it that wasn't intended to be from a hateful perspective.

The following is how you derive that "this article says more children die due to this practice than do from gunshot wounds......in New York!"

The article says:
"There are no firm statistics, but based on the stats I've seen, a baby is more likely to be sickened or killed by MBP than by gun violence, meaning that if all American babies were circumcised at eight days and had MBP done to them, more would end up hospitalized and maimed than American children up to the age of 5 are killed or injured by gun violence."

Did I miss somewhere where it says that more infants are dying from this than people who die from gun shots in New York? Or was your intent really to blatantly misinform to such an extent?

As for the rest of your response, I happen to agree that religion makes people wacky. I don't approve of this practice, as it's entirely unnecessary and potentially dangerous.

I meant to say the US but I have in my head an article I'd read about peodophilia in the ultra orthodox communities in New York.....hence my mistake.

It shouldn't take so long for any decent human being to say outright.....this is wrong....this shouldn't happen.....this has got to stop.
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 9:54:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
LET THE WEANIES BE CHOPPED! I see that the large majority of anti circumcision protesters are women. Is it to feed some fetish???
kfc
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 10:39:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 9:40:45 PM, TheFogHorn wrote:
At 8/11/2012 9:13:53 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/11/2012 8:50:25 PM, TheFogHorn wrote:
At 8/11/2012 8:18:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I don't usually care to defend funky and archaic ritualism, but like Foghorns other post there is an entirely lacking context for the sake of whatever agenda she has.

This practice of "Metzitzah B'peh" was done entirely for the sake of avoiding health complications with regards to infection hundreds of years ago via circumcision. (Ritual circumcision is another discussion that I have no interest in defending, nor am I defending this practice.) Since there are now methods (That are safer, and not a health concern within themselves) this procedure is not as prevalent.

"Metzitzah B'peh" has in fact been controversial within the orthodox Jewish community for awhile, not just because of the health concerns, but also because of some of the issues associated with it. While that is secondary to the health concerns, contemporary customs are focused on what the point of "Metzitzah B'peh" was intended for religiously and initially, which was a method for preserving the health of the infant in a time of less than ideal medical knowledge. Since there are now methods to sustain the infants health, without any health risk, this custom has been increasingly phased out for awhile now.

http://www.ou.org...

...And naturally, like most religious ritualism, the whole thing just sounds weird and archaic... But there you have it...

No, you are wrong.....the whole thing does not just SOUND weird and archaic but IS weird, archaic and sick in the head.

Who knows how common it is? The ultra orthodox Jewish communities are also ultra secretive and protective of their weird and archaic goings on. However, this article says more children die due to this practice than do from gunshot wounds......in New York! It's obvioulsy not uncommon. For them to carry on doing it knowiing the risks just because they feel it's their religious duty just shows how dangerous religion can be....even to their own people.

http://failedmessiah.typepad.com...

I'm not defending this. I just decided to make a post about it that wasn't intended to be from a hateful perspective.

The following is how you derive that "this article says more children die due to this practice than do from gunshot wounds......in New York!"

The article says:
"There are no firm statistics, but based on the stats I've seen, a baby is more likely to be sickened or killed by MBP than by gun violence, meaning that if all American babies were circumcised at eight days and had MBP done to them, more would end up hospitalized and maimed than American children up to the age of 5 are killed or injured by gun violence."

Did I miss somewhere where it says that more infants are dying from this than people who die from gun shots in New York? Or was your intent really to blatantly misinform to such an extent?

As for the rest of your response, I happen to agree that religion makes people wacky. I don't approve of this practice, as it's entirely unnecessary and potentially dangerous.

I meant to say the US but I have in my head an article I'd read about peodophilia in the ultra orthodox communities in New York.....hence my mistake.

Oh, did you? That's an understandable mistake then I suppose. Can you point to me where in the article it says more infants are dying from this than people dying of gunshots in the US?

Obviously you can't because the quote I showed, says it's hypothetical, and not actual as you tried to pass it off and intentionally misinform.

Also according to the logic the author uses I can prove water is bad because more babies die from water than they do of being maimed in a wood chipper. Both the wood chipper and the gun shot wounds are arbitrary.

But it's a good way to go about it if you intend to get a simple emotional reaction without putting in too much effort.

There are no firm statistics on this as the article states (though the author cites stats "he's seen"). The action speaks for itself, and the danger is clear. There is no reason to make insane conclusions that hurt the credibility of information that actually has merit.


It shouldn't take so long for any decent human being to say outright.....this is wrong....this shouldn't happen.....this has got to stop.

I'm not claiming to be a decent person, so I can refrain from condemning anything for as long as I like.
Debate.org Moderator
TheFogHorn
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:27:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
'this article says more children die due to this practice than do from gunshot wounds......'

That is what I said. I was not wrong in saying that. The article did say that. However, the article did not back up that claim with statistics and I did quote in haste....an unintentional oversight.

This thing doesn't really need statistics though. It's vile and shouldn't be happening. One statistic I found it that in one year eleven baby boys were infected with Herpes and two died. Those babies would not have died had they not had their litttle penises sucked by a religious man. End of. Or do you feel these men should be allowed to carry on sucking little babies' penises?
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2012 11:44:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 11:27:55 PM, TheFogHorn wrote:
'this article says more children die due to this practice than do from gunshot wounds......'

Where? I admit I've only been skimming the article, but I can't find where it says that. Please quote it for me.

That is what I said. I was not wrong in saying that. The article did say that. However, the article did not back up that claim with statistics and I did quote in haste....an unintentional oversight.

This thing doesn't really need statistics though. It's vile and shouldn't be happening. One statistic I found it that in one year eleven baby boys were infected with Herpes and two died. Those babies would not have died had they not had their litttle penises sucked by a religious man. End of. Or do you feel these men should be allowed to carry on sucking little babies' penises?

I've mostly just been playing devils advocate with your argument style, which would lead to me disagreeing with you even if you just said that "the sky is blue".

Either way I think my position has been pretty clear here... But I'll type it again if you like.

The only reason this archaic procedure was ever performed was for health reasons, those health reasons no longer exist and it causes other health risks. Therefor even the orthodox would have to conclude that this procedure needs to be ended.

(whether or not it should ever have existed in the first place is another discussion, and tangential to this one)

That is why it has been controversial even in orthodox communities for awhile now and is being phased out as a matter of necessity.
Debate.org Moderator
TheFogHorn
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 12:03:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
But it's not being phased out. The ultra orthodox Jewish communties around the world are growing exponetially and their weird and not wonderful ritualistic sexual and physical abuse will grow with them.
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 12:37:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 12:03:13 AM, TheFogHorn wrote:
But it's not being phased out. The ultra orthodox Jewish communties around the world are growing exponetially and their weird and not wonderful ritualistic sexual and physical abuse will grow with them.


There are about 2.5 million orthodox Jews in the world. Even fewer that one would call 'Ultra' orthodox. Their communities are insular and similarly to how you feel, many people (including a decent number of Jews) don't like them (Generally preventing any kind of cultural integration). I think you are overstating the threat. Especially if what you are saying is true and so prevalent, they will likely die off within a few generations from orally transmitted diseases.
Debate.org Moderator
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 12:52:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 12:37:00 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:03:13 AM, TheFogHorn wrote:
But it's not being phased out. The ultra orthodox Jewish communties around the world are growing exponetially and their weird and not wonderful ritualistic sexual and physical abuse will grow with them.


There are about 2.5 million orthodox Jews in the world. Even fewer that one would call 'Ultra' orthodox. Their communities are insular and similarly to how you feel, many people (including a decent number of Jews) don't like them (Generally preventing any kind of cultural integration). I think you are overstating the threat. Especially if what you are saying is true and so prevalent, they will likely die off within a few generations from orally transmitted diseases.

The Fool: Its the irrational Ideology all together. Do we really need this?? Why must we have the Crazy? Why must we have Fundementalist ideological establishments based on nothing.... why don't we just not be crazy at all..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 12:53:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Though I did see on Dirty Jobs that they castrate goats by pulling their whole penis out with their teeth.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 12:57:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 9:57:45 PM, TheFogHorn wrote:
Possibly. I have a fetish for intact bodies.

Why do you hate piercings and tattoos?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 1:02:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/11/2012 7:09:15 PM, TheFogHorn wrote:
If you discovered that every single boy toddler in nursery had his penis sucked by a nursery nurse, wouldn't you be shocked to the core and expect every single other sane person in the country to also be totally revolted....and demand that not one more toddler was meddled with?

It's only because this is wrapped up in a religious package that you cannot bring yourself to say it's wrong and it shouldn't happen. I wonder what else happens behind closed doors within the very secretive and protectionist walls of ultra orthodox Judaism.

The Fool: Yeah but I don't think they had any bad intention to the child in general, its just an extremly wierd culture shock. I am against the total, manifestations, that come about over all from Ideologies. Like Wars, Suffering, never ending lies, terrosts, it corrupts the mind of children. It makes the dumb. Fundemalism is correlated low acadimic success. They can't think properly with so much GARBAGE in there brains. No wonder they so confused. It Moraly wrong!! We need change!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 1:05:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 12:52:04 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:37:00 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:03:13 AM, TheFogHorn wrote:
But it's not being phased out. The ultra orthodox Jewish communties around the world are growing exponetially and their weird and not wonderful ritualistic sexual and physical abuse will grow with them.


There are about 2.5 million orthodox Jews in the world. Even fewer that one would call 'Ultra' orthodox. Their communities are insular and similarly to how you feel, many people (including a decent number of Jews) don't like them (Generally preventing any kind of cultural integration). I think you are overstating the threat. Especially if what you are saying is true and so prevalent, they will likely die off within a few generations from orally transmitted diseases.

The Fool: Its the irrational Ideology all together. Do we really need this?? Why must we have the Crazy? Why must we have Fundementalist ideological establishments based on nothing.... why don't we just not be crazy at all..

Well I happen to live in reality, and in reality, there are plenty of things going on that don't jive with me. What exactly do you think we should do about it?
Debate.org Moderator
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 1:18:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 1:05:42 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:52:04 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:37:00 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:03:13 AM, TheFogHorn wrote:
But it's not being phased out. The ultra orthodox Jewish communties around the world are growing exponetially and their weird and not wonderful ritualistic sexual and physical abuse will grow with them.


There are about 2.5 million orthodox Jews in the world. Even fewer that one would call 'Ultra' orthodox. Their communities are insular and similarly to how you feel, many people (including a decent number of Jews) don't like them (Generally preventing any kind of cultural integration). I think you are overstating the threat. Especially if what you are saying is true and so prevalent, they will likely die off within a few generations from orally transmitted diseases.

The Fool: Its the irrational Ideology all together. Do we really need this?? Why must we have the Crazy? Why must we have Fundementalist ideological establishments based on nothing.... why don't we just not be crazy at all..

Well I happen to live in reality, and in reality, there are plenty of things going on that don't jive with me. What exactly do you think we should do about it?

The Fool: I think its a little more then not jiving. You should be a part of the change!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
airmax1227
Posts: 13,245
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 1:27:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 1:18:16 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 8/12/2012 1:05:42 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:52:04 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:37:00 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:03:13 AM, TheFogHorn wrote:
But it's not being phased out. The ultra orthodox Jewish communties around the world are growing exponetially and their weird and not wonderful ritualistic sexual and physical abuse will grow with them.


There are about 2.5 million orthodox Jews in the world. Even fewer that one would call 'Ultra' orthodox. Their communities are insular and similarly to how you feel, many people (including a decent number of Jews) don't like them (Generally preventing any kind of cultural integration). I think you are overstating the threat. Especially if what you are saying is true and so prevalent, they will likely die off within a few generations from orally transmitted diseases.

The Fool: Its the irrational Ideology all together. Do we really need this?? Why must we have the Crazy? Why must we have Fundementalist ideological establishments based on nothing.... why don't we just not be crazy at all..

Well I happen to live in reality, and in reality, there are plenty of things going on that don't jive with me. What exactly do you think we should do about it?

The Fool: I think its a little more then not jiving. You should be a part of the change!

Honestly and no offense, but I have no idea what you are saying.

How can I change from a problem that I have absolutely nothing to do with? I'm not a fanatic. I'm not ideological. I'm not even that strongly opinionated.

In what way should I, or can I, 'be a part of the change?'
Debate.org Moderator
Jessalyn
Posts: 125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 1:38:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's not like this is the only religion doing it, look at Catholic Priests...The only difference is they at least keep it secret and deny it when confronted.
WARNING: Hitchslaps may become inflamed when accompanied by unceasing stupidity.
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 7:42:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 1:38:19 AM, Jessalyn wrote:
It's not like this is the only religion doing it, look at Catholic Priests...The only difference is they at least keep it secret and deny it when confronted.

The reason they keep it a secret and deny it is because they aren't supposed to be doing it to begin with...pedophilia is not exactly considered a good thing in Catholicism. The difference is what Catholic priests do is illegal according to papal law, what this entire thread speaks about is not illegal according to Jewish law.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 8:51:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 7:42:13 AM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 8/12/2012 1:38:19 AM, Jessalyn wrote:
It's not like this is the only religion doing it, look at Catholic Priests...The only difference is they at least keep it secret and deny it when confronted.

The reason they keep it a secret and deny it is because they aren't supposed to be doing it to begin with...pedophilia is not exactly considered a good thing in Catholicism. The difference is what Catholic priests do is illegal according to papal law, what this entire thread speaks about is not illegal according to Jewish law.

The Fool: The point is that its something about the irraional nature or the Ideology that makes people do things like that in the first place. Even if its against Catholic Law, it the Religion haveing and effect on their minds.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:08:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 1:40:22 AM, Koopin wrote:
Admit it everyone, you all clicked this in hope of porn...

I just wanted to ask the question....which i had the answer to but somehow cant remember who to do it...How do I add comments to my post below?
TheAsylum
TheFogHorn
Posts: 183
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:52:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/12/2012 1:18:16 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 8/12/2012 1:05:42 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:52:04 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:37:00 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 8/12/2012 12:03:13 AM, TheFogHorn wrote:
But it's not being phased out. The ultra orthodox Jewish communties around the world are growing exponetially and their weird and not wonderful ritualistic sexual and physical abuse will grow with them.


There are about 2.5 million orthodox Jews in the world. Even fewer that one would call 'Ultra' orthodox. Their communities are insular and similarly to how you feel, many people (including a decent number of Jews) don't like them (Generally preventing any kind of cultural integration). I think you are overstating the threat. Especially if what you are saying is true and so prevalent, they will likely die off within a few generations from orally transmitted diseases.

The Fool: Its the irrational Ideology all together. Do we really need this?? Why must we have the Crazy? Why must we have Fundementalist ideological establishments based on nothing.... why don't we just not be crazy at all..

Well I happen to live in reality, and in reality, there are plenty of things going on that don't jive with me. What exactly do you think we should do about it?

The Fool: I think its a little more then not jiving. You should be a part of the change!

Absolutely!