Jump to topic:

Purgatory

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 3:16:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
There is NO sin allowed into heaven NONE!!! No souls with sin enter heaven!

Martin Luther said: (paraphrase) "Man is a putrid mess full of sin. Man enters heaven Covered Over as with a "White Sheet"; God does NOT see the sin just the sheet"!

Martin Luther was trying to pull a fast one on God; SNEAK INTO HEAVEN UNDER A SHEET!

Again: There is NO sin allowed into heaven; NONE, ZERO sin is allowed in heaven!
Christians can sin and they do sin!!!
Christian Brothers and Sisters SIN! It is just this simple!!

If a Christian dies with a sin then the Christian MUST BE >SANCTIFIED< before they can enter heaven!! It is Just This Simple!!!!

SCRIPTURES:
1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

DO YOU SEE IT???????
You should pray and God will give them life.

A Christians DIES with a sin that does NOT KILL!
A Christians DIES with a sin that does NOT LEAD TO DEATH!!
Some sins do lead to death; But this CHRISTIAN dies with the other kind of sin; NOT a sin that leads to death, the other kind of SIN, a sin that does NOT LEAD TO DEATH!!!!!

THINK: A Christians dies with a small sin, a sin that does NOT Kill the soul!
FACT: Christians who DIE with any SINS can't enter heaven!! No sin is allowed in heaven!

Any brother or sister that dies and has commited a sin that does NOT lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life.

If you say; "God will NOT let them enter heaven after you pray for them!!!" You MUST REJECT THE SCRIPTURES to say; "God will NOT let them enter heaven after you pray for them!!!"!!
Christians do NOT reject the scriptures! Rejecting the scriptures is what people do who reject Purgatory, Praying for the dead!

Saying; "Christians Can't be PURGED of sins after death" is to reject the scriptures!
Saying; "Can't pray for a CHRISTIAN who has died" is to reject the scriptures!!

Christians who DIE with sins that do NOT lead to DEATH are ALIVE STILL!!!
Sin kills but NOT ALL SINS KILL!!
SCRIPTURES TELL CHRISTIANS: 1 John 5:16 (above) Some sins do not kill the soul!!

"God will remove the sin after you pray to him" PROVING souls are SANCTIFIED AFTER DEATH!!!
Scriptures are clear: Christians are PURGED of their sin after death!!

Christians have ALWAYS prayed for the souls of the departed, in the Catacombs; TOMBS of the first Martyrs can be seen inscribed on most tombs "Pray for my Soul"!

God said.. He will remove SIN if you pray for the sinner!
1 John 5:16 If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life.

CHRISTIANS have always believed in Sanctification after death!
All Souls must be PURGED of sin before entry into heaven!!!
All are Sanctified by the fires of Purgatory (root word PURGED)! The direct result of the "de-formation" sixteen hundred years after Jesus is the rejection of Scriptures, the Early Church Father's and LOGIC. These protesters, "de-Formers" rejected "Prayers for the dead", very few of them or their decedents most likely never enter heaven!

Dogknox
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 8:57:36 PM
Question: Why should I believe ANY form of christianity?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:28:16 PM
While I agree with you that sin must be removed prior to getting to Heaven, the only way to the Father is through the son. If I die a sinner without having sought forgiveness through Christ, or denying His existence, what good it do you to pray for me after I'm gone??

That just turns the need for faith in Christ on it's head. All I would need is someone to pray for me after I'm gone.
Axiom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:46:03 PM
Christians believe, 'Jesus died for everyone's sins." That means all the sins over the entire history (future and past) of the earth. Sins that you haven't yet commited have already been attoned.

Unless I misunderstood and you aren't trying to apply something as flimsy as 'Time' (a creation) to an after-life with God outside of this universe and its constraints.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:52:12 PM
At 8/12/2012 9:28:16 PM, medic0506 wrote:
While I agree with you that sin must be removed prior to getting to Heaven, the only way to the Father is through the son. If I die a sinner without having sought forgiveness through Christ, or denying His existence, what good it do you to pray for me after I'm gone??

That just turns the need for faith in Christ on it's head. All I would need is someone to pray for me after I'm gone.

That seems a bit too quick of a dismissal - you know that praying for the dead was a very routine practice in the first few hundred years of Christianity, right (and still is in some quarters)? What warrant is there to deny that there will be second (or third, fourth, fifth, etc) chances?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 9:59:07 PM

Hello medic0506 Good to meet you.. You have a two part question!
1) what good it do you to pray for me after I'm gone??
I reply: IF.. If you are NOT a CHRISTIAN then you are NOT a "Brother or Sister!!" Brothers and Sisters are BELIEVERS!! (Christians)
1 John 5:16
If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

Prayers still help... The Pagan the none Christian can still enter Heaven.. "The Thief on the cross" ( the good thief) ended up in heaven he was NOT Christian he died before Pentecost! John the Baptist was not Christian, he also died before Pentecost!
Matthew 11:11
Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

The Thief and John were NOT "Children of the KING" they could not enter the Throne room they still ended up in the Garden... Paradise is a Garden it is NOT the throne room! The CHURCH sits on thrones in the throne room! The Apostles are sitting on thrones in the Throne Room!

Jesus said to the Thief from the cross...
Luke 23:43
Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

Revelation 2:7
Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

PARADISE IS A GARDEN!!!

2) The only way to the Father is through the son.
Right you are... "All must enter through Jesus, Jesus is the DOOR!"
Jesus wrote the bible, the scriptures are the "WORDS of The WORD - Jesus!"
Jesus is God, the scriptures are very clear; "God is LOVE"! God wrote; "God Is Love"! Jesus tells you; "God is LOVE"!

medic0506 All must enter through the door of LOVE! LOVING is how all men enter Heaven; "All men are made in the image and likeness of God"!! All men can LOVE, and this is how all must enter heaven..

medic0506 Christians will NOT enter heaven if they do NOT LOVE!

You a NONE Christians will enter heaven IF YOU LOVE!
medic0506 The North American Indian born in the second century will enter Heaven, if he LOVES! Jesus destroyed Death from the cross, no man can die!!!
Christian or Pagan the question is "WHERE"? Where will each man go after he leaves his body.. UP forever eternal LIFE in heaven!? Down forever eternal life in Gehenna "The Lake of Fire"!

Death is NO More! Love will never enters Gehenna the "Lake Of Fire"; GOD IS LOVE!

medic0506 John the Baptist the Thief on the Cross and YOU enter Heaven a "GARDEN" if you LOVE!

Dogknox
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 10:22:07 PM
At 8/12/2012 9:52:12 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

That seems a bit too quick of a dismissal - you know that praying for the dead was a very routine practice in the first few hundred years of Christianity, right (and still is in some quarters)? What warrant is there to deny that there will be second (or third, fourth, fifth, etc) chances?

I don't think prayers are going to hurt anything, but I think John 3:16 is a pretty good place to look on this subject.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever beleiveth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

That is another verse that requires the person to have beleived in Christ, in order to go to Heaven.

Matthew 7:14...Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

If all it took was a prayer from the living, for a non-beleiver to get into Heaven, it doesn't seem that the way is narrow. It would seem that it's quite easy to get in.

If a prayer from the living could get a non-beleiver into Heaven, then wouldn't that seem to make Jesus' sacrifice for naught??
TheJackel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2012 11:45:47 PM
Forgiveness in any sense is meaningless unless you can forgive yourself. People that think they require to magical being to have forgiveness are essentially delusional.. And if you had wronged someone, it's usually a good idea to seek forgiveness through them than some magical crutch to feel better about what you did as an excuse to get away with it. The whole Jesus thing is nonsense based on thousands of years of developed psychological manipulation and brainwashing. Mostly through preying on fear and other human weaknesses as conversion tools. Religions of this sort are disgusting and utterly dishonest control cults.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 12:58:26 AM
At 8/12/2012 11:45:47 PM, TheJackel wrote:
Forgiveness in any sense is meaningless unless you can forgive yourself. People that think they require to magical being to have forgiveness are essentially delusional.. And if you had wronged someone, it's usually a good idea to seek forgiveness through them than some magical crutch to feel better about what you did as an excuse to get away with it. The whole Jesus thing is nonsense based on thousands of years of developed psychological manipulation and brainwashing. Mostly through preying on fear and other human weaknesses as conversion tools. Religions of this sort are disgusting and utterly dishonest control cults.

You better pray that you're right.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:26:30 AM

popculturepooka Good to meet you..
You ask a Good Question..
I reply.. (with scriptures)
John 20:21
Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."
22 And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
23 If you forgive anyone's sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

popculturepooka Jesus commissioned his Holy Catholic Church with the Authority to "Forgive or Retain sins"! People sin all the time, it takes a humble person to admit their sins, and confess their sins!

Brothers and Sisters SIN; CHRISTIANS SIN!!

Catholic's have always prayed for the dead! For Two Thousands Years CHRISTIANS have ALWAYS prayed for the dead! It was sixteen Hundred years AFTER Jesus that men protested at the "De-Formation" that men decided not to pray for their dead!
popculturepooka The souls of protestants do not enter heaven if they are not first PURGED of sin! It is just this simple! The Soul must be SANCTIFIED before entry!

The Didache
"Confess your sins in church, and do not go up to your prayer with an evil conscience. This is the way of life. . . . On the Lord's Day gather together, break bread, and give thanks, after confessing your transgressions so that your sacrifice may be pure" (Didache 4:14, 14:1 [A.D. 70]).

Dogknox
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:25:27 AM
"Jesus commissioned his Holy Catholic Church with the Authority to "Forgive or Retain sins"! People sin all the time, it takes a humble person to admit their sins, and confess their sins!"

In other words, DogKnox's ultimate authority, when the Bible and church fathers disagree or are ambiguous is .... guess what? The Roman Catholic Church. When all else fails on a subject, he'll pass it off as "The Roman Catholic Church" knows - and that ends that. Right, DogKnox? That's what you've done with infant baptism:

1. Can't find a single infant baptism in the NT.
2. Can't find a single time anyone was told to baptize an infant.
3. Disregard, "Go .. teach .. baptize .. teach" in Matt 28.
4. The Catholic Church knows, doesn't it?

1. We must obey the pope and all past popes on infallible degrees.
2. In order to do so, we need to know what they said
3. But no one knows all of their decrees
4. Therefore, just trust who? The Roman Catholic Church!

1. We have an unbroken line of popes back to Peter.
2. So we assume Peter was the first pope.
3. We realize the different church fathers gave different lists.
4. Conclusion: just trust the Roman Catholic Church on the subject!

Same way with this purgatory post. All the same.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 12:03:41 PM
At 8/12/2012 9:46:03 PM, Axiom wrote:
Christians believe, 'Jesus died for everyone's sins." That means all the sins over the entire history (future and past) of the earth. Sins that you haven't yet commited have already been attoned.

Unless I misunderstood and you aren't trying to apply something as flimsy as 'Time' (a creation) to an after-life with God outside of this universe and its constraints.

Axiom Good to meet you..Yes Jesus died for our sins!

Adam the perfect man sinned! Because of Adam all of creation was corrupted, Adam brought death to the world.. Sin kills! MAN....

Man needed a perfect sin offering for the sin of the PERFECT MAN-Adam! No perfect man could be born to be offered for the sin of the perfect man..(An eye for an eye type thing) Man was stuck between a rock and a hard spot! That is....
Axiom That is until Jesus the "SECOND ADAM" was born!

God sent his only son... a PERFECT Man to die to pay the price for the sin of Adam! Jesus died on the cross.. BUT..
Axiom But Jesus could not stay dead, he was sinless! Jesus popped up out of the grace as a cork reliesed from the bottom of a pool of water! He was sinless so he could not die!!

Axiom No one can die twice! You can't even kill a stinking dog twice!!! One death for each person!

Here is the point... IF..
Axiom If you are ADDED to the body of the RISEN Jesus then you will not die!!! Jesus died he can't die again!! IF..
If you are ADDED to the body of the RISEN Jesus then you are an adopted CHILD of God!

FACT: God has only one son!
You MUST be added to God' ONLY risen SON to also rise!
THIS..
Axiom This is how you are saved by Jesus, being ADDED to Jesus' risen body means you can't die.. Jesus has been there and done that!
1 Peter 3:21
and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Do you see it? Do you believe it?!!
Baptism ADDS CHRISTIANS to Jesus' risen Body!!

Christians believe the scriptures, CHRISTIANS have always baptized to save others! For the past two thousand years the Holy Catholic Church; Has Baptized to make for Jesus his brothers and Sisters; To make God' adopted Children!

Dogknox
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 1:42:41 PM

Pop, gotta question for you. How do you interpret Matthew 12:31-32 with your worldview? "And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 5:08:31 PM
At 8/13/2012 1:42:41 PM, stubs wrote:

Pop, gotta question for you. How do you interpret Matthew 12:31-32 with your worldview? "And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

stubs I have not heard from you for a while.. I hope all is well!
You ask a good question..
I reply: Forgiveness of sins requires repentance
Unwillingness to repent and accept God's forgiveness is what Jesus was talking about when he referred to "blasphemy of the Spirit"!

The Holy Catholic Church teaches it this way;
The Catechism 679: "By rejecting grace in this life, one already judges oneself, receives according to one's works, and can even condemn oneself for all eternity by rejecting the Spirit of love"

stubs IN Line with the Teaching on "Sanctification after death" Matthew 12:32 points out..Sins are forgiven after this life... All BUT sins against the HS!
Verse 32 tells you SINS are forgiven after this world... BUT NOT sins against the Holy Spirit!!
32......... but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

stubs I remember asking the same question to a priest about a 100 years ago when I was a young man, he said.. "Religious people like Popes, Priests and Bishops can make this sin against the Holy Spirit, after knowing the true, they turn their back on the truth, that was taught to them!" He went on to say.. "It is hard for the average man to sin against the Holy Spirit because the TRUTH taught by the Holy Spirit, might not be complete in them!"

I think of Judas as making this sin!!!

Or Ananias and Sapphira Acts 5
3 But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself?

Note Peter is the representative for God! Peter is God' voice in this judgement against Ananias and Sapphira! In Acts 4 all were giving to the Church, all that they had for the distribution to the needy, all were fully charged with the Holy Spirit...
You must assume; Ananias and Sapphira were also, Full of the Holy Spirit when greed took over their decision to give (their all)!
You can't lie against your conscience, or God!
God is TRUTH, there is NO lie found in God!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 9:15:28 AM
stubs You can't sin against "TRUTH" if you don't know the truth!
Example: The Holy Spirit is TRUTH, he teaches TRUTH, a man charged with "TRUTH" as a minster in the Church like "Martin Luther" (a priest) who rejected the truths found in the Holy Catholic Church and scriptures is most likely sinning against truth/Holy Spirit!

You or I do not have the complete truth we are NOT minsters who are charged with teaching truth!

Heretics are those who come from out of the Holy Catholic Church all were former priests or bishops! Hindus or Buddhists can't be heretics they are Pagan, they do NOT know the Complete truth! They can't sin against the truth!

Dogknox
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 2:15:33 PM
DOG, you didn't respond to my post in "Did these 2 go to hell??"

Page 6; 3rd post up.

Please respond--
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 9:43:12 PM
At 8/12/2012 10:22:07 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I don't think prayers are going to hurt anything, but I think John 3:16 is a pretty good place to look on this subject.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son so that whoever beleiveth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

That is another verse that requires the person to have beleived in Christ, in order to go to Heaven.

Matthew 7:14...Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

If all it took was a prayer from the living, for a non-beleiver to get into Heaven, it doesn't seem that the way is narrow. It would seem that it's quite easy to get in.

If a prayer from the living could get a non-beleiver into Heaven, then wouldn't that seem to make Jesus' sacrifice for naught??

medic0506 I point out to be a BELIEVER you MUST believe the scriptures!!
To BELIEVE in Jesus you MUST believe the words of Jesus!

Jesus said.. "He who does RIGHT is RIGHTEOUS!
Jesus said.. "A person is JUSTIFIED by what he does"!
Jesus said.. "The graves will open and all who have DONE GOOD will rise to eternal LIFE"!
Jesus said.. "You MUST LOVE to have eternal life"!
Jesus said.. "Faith without deeds is useless"!
Jesus said.. "Faith & ACTIONS work together"!

To get into heaven BELIEVERS say.. "You must LOVE, they say God is LOVE!"
1 John 4:7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

medic0506 Don't get caught up in what the "De-formation" teaches they reject the scriptures to teach their errors!

Dogknox
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 8:16:18 PM
At 8/17/2012 12:20:01 AM, stubs wrote:
I wasnt even asking you the question dogknox haha. It was for pop
I reply: The "Thread" is about; "Prayers for the dead & Sanctification after death"! Your question to "pop" fits the thread...

stubs IN Line with the Teaching on "Sanctification after death" Matthew 12:32 points out..Sins are forgiven after this life... All BUT not sins against the HS!
Verse 32 tells you SINS are forgiven after this world... BUT NOT sins against the Holy Spirit!!
32......... but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

"Or in the age to come." Tells you, after this AGE here on earth, there is "FORGIVENESS" for sins, but not for sins against the Holy Spirit!

stubs It proves all protestants souls are languishing outside of heaven in sin!! No prayers for the souls, then god will not forgive them! BUT Wait... Catholic's come through... Our prayers include petition to God for; "The souls in most need", this would include the Souls of protestants and there unbaptized children!!!

stubs Martin Luther's protest against Jesus' holy BRIDE is a protest against Jesus and his scriptures!
You are forced to reject..32......... but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come." Just as Luther had to reject this verse as a lie! YOU..
stubs You place the salvation of your soul in man made UN-scriptural teaching, you reject scriptures also!!

Dogknox
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2012 11:10:19 PM
At 8/12/2012 3:16:24 PM, Dogknox wrote:

A soul with sin ? Assumes a soul, then assumes sin.

Seem's to me your treating sin as an object, like no one gets to heaven..........with sun glasses on. So you had better get rid of sin........and those sun glasses. Trouble is sin isn't an object, it doesn't occupy time and space or have mass so what is it ?

A thought, a concept. How does one get rid of a concept ? well you just stop believing in it I guess.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 3:09:17 PM
At 8/18/2012 11:10:19 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 8/12/2012 3:16:24 PM, Dogknox wrote:

A soul with sin ? Assumes a soul, then assumes sin.

Seem's to me your treating sin as an object, like no one gets to heaven..........with sun glasses on. So you had better get rid of sin........and those sun glasses. Trouble is sin isn't an object, it doesn't occupy time and space or have mass so what is it ?

A thought, a concept. How does one get rid of a concept ? well you just stop believing in it I guess.

Illegalcombatant Believing requires FAITH!!
You are right; sin isn't an object, it doesn't occupy time and space or have mass!
Sin is disobedience against God! "God is LOVE"!

The result of sin causes corruption, separation from God and chaos!

All sins are against LOVE! All men are judged by what God sees in a mans heart! Faith saves NO one, if it is not combined with LOVE! Faith ALONE sends souls to the Lake of Fire and Satan!

Illegalcombatant Don't quit believing, don't quit your "Good works of the HEART (loving)"! If ever you wonder if your actions are a sin ask yourself "Are my actions loving Actions!"?

Tossing a rock though the neighbors window is a sin!
Tossing a rock though the neighbors window to wake him up to warn him his house is on fire is NOT a sin!

Raping a woman is a sin!
The love between a husband and wife forming NEW Life is NOT a sin!

TAKING is a sin.. "Eve TOOK the Fruit!"
GIVING of self from the heart is LOVE.. As Jesus did on the cross for us!! Martyrs for the love of God!

Dogknox