The Russian Orthodox Church

AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:31:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/13/2012 4:08:04 AM, YYW wrote:
Do you have an opinion of it? If so, what is it?

I don't really know much about it. From what I know, I think it's good.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 5:01:46 PM

Lately (within the past two years) I am becoming increasingly interested in eastern orthodoxy. Fron what I've read on it and some of it's main church fathers and traditions it looks very congenial to me.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 5:45:30 PM
At 8/13/2012 5:01:46 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Lately (within the past two years) I am becoming increasingly interested in eastern orthodoxy. Fron what I've read on it and some of it's main church fathers and traditions it looks very congenial to me.

I've recently been reading into it as well, and I find it -and the Coptic Orthodox church as well- fascinating.
Tsar of DDO
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:47:34 PM
The Fool: It is of the real Christianity.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:49:38 PM
The Fool: Westarn Latin Version of original Greek Orthydox/True Bible didnt come around for hundreds of years later. Its just a complete manipulation of the original one.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:53:06 PM
At 8/13/2012 6:49:38 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: Westarn Latin Version of original Greek Orthydox/True Bible didnt come around for hundreds of years later. Its just a complete manipulation of the original one.

The Fool: I find it really wierd that that doesn't set off RED FLAGS!!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 11:12:41 PM
At 8/13/2012 5:45:30 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/13/2012 5:01:46 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

I've recently been reading into it as well, and I find it -and the Coptic Orthodox church as well- fascinating.

Yeah. And it's definitely a change of pace from the strand(s) of Christanity I tend to encounter most often. I've also been looking into Anglicanism.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 11:18:33 PM
None of these matter....Only the scriptures and really Jesus Christ who inspired them. I mean we can all day conflict on what it teaches but if we both contain Jesus Christ for salvation then what are we discussing? That is just another reason to seperate Christians from Christians. I disagree alot but my interpreatation is not 100% nor is anyone elses. The only interpretation is cold-heartly following the scriptures and prayer in Jesus Christ.
TheAsylum
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 12:07:00 AM
At 8/13/2012 6:53:06 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

Why would that set off red flags?
Tsar of DDO
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 7:49:49 PM
At 8/14/2012 12:07:00 AM, YYW wrote:

The Fool: Because it not the orignal Bible but a Highly political Tampering with the Bibles kinda destroy any possible authenticity. I mean, its pretty much proof that its not real!. I mean the Byzantium Goverment hand selected from a set of mythological stories together unorganized, and which huge gaps in it. Like Jesuses child hood Growing up, was not added. Because it had Jesus being a child trouble maker turning people into animals. I don't ....kinda .. fishy. They Greek Socrates saying that a perfect state needed a Good Myth, to keep the people under control. Kinda. They were also ruling over the Jews. Kinda good timing to hand select thier Big book, to put them under better control. NO Red flaggs??? Stories don't add up to well. God has a brand new personallity. All of a sudden. nothing??? Egypt is beside them, Horace..... In the original Greek Bible The Emperoris granted with the authority of Jesus.

It must just all be all coincidence.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 1:22:46 AM
At 8/14/2012 7:49:49 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 8/14/2012 12:07:00 AM, YYW wrote:

The Fool: Because it not the orignal Bible but a Highly political Tampering with the Bibles kinda destroy any possible authenticity. I mean, its pretty much proof that its not real!. I mean the Byzantium Goverment hand selected from a set of mythological stories together unorganized, and which huge gaps in it. Like Jesuses child hood Growing up, was not added. Because it had Jesus being a child trouble maker turning people into animals. I don't ....kinda .. fishy. They Greek Socrates saying that a perfect state needed a Good Myth, to keep the people under control. Kinda. They were also ruling over the Jews. Kinda good timing to hand select thier Big book, to put them under better control. NO Red flaggs??? Stories don't add up to well. God has a brand new personallity. All of a sudden. nothing??? Egypt is beside them, Horace..... In the original Greek Bible The Emperoris granted with the authority of Jesus.

Most of the Bible should set off red flags.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
shaddamcorrinoIV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 6:05:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

I have a personal bone to pick with the Eastern Orthodox Church, particularly the Romanian patriarchate for many of my brethren Bible Students are being persecuted by the Orthodox Christians over there.