Why Atheists Are Spiritually Dead *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 9:13:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The truth is that when one distance themselves from light, then they only
go deeper into the abyss of total darkness. If you plant a flower in the corner of a cold dark room,
then it will not grow. It must be in a place where it can absorb an adequate
amount of light and receive the nutrients it soley deserves from the elements all around. *
And with that I am going to allow you once again to digest science and
review the facts for yourself. Atheism affects your mental health, your lifestyle,
your spirit, and your soul. It affects everything inside and outside of your
conscious mind. Where is the source of your happiness ?
Is it a reality ? Or is it an ill fated delusion. See site below.
You be the judge of this fate.

http://www.conservapedia.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:40:14 AM
At 8/13/2012 9:13:22 AM, inferno wrote:
go deeper into the abyss of total darkness. If you plant a flower in the corner of a cold dark room,
amount of light and receive the nutrients it soley deserves from the elements all around. *
review the facts for yourself. Atheism affects your mental health, your lifestyle,

Its a complete headache for you guys. I know. =)
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 11:40:34 AM
At 8/13/2012 10:40:14 AM, inferno wrote:

Its a complete headache for you guys. I know. =)

If any Atheist out there can debunk this, it would be worth seeing by me.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 11:43:43 AM
I can debunk that article, and I'm a staunch Christian. It is unscholarly, for one thing, and it merely asserts as fact a few slanted opinions. In other words, it's nonsense.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 12:34:42 PM
At 8/13/2012 11:43:43 AM, annanicole wrote:
I can debunk that article, and I'm a staunch Christian. It is unscholarly, for one thing, and it merely asserts as fact a few slanted opinions. In other words, it's nonsense.

Put your money where your mouth is. We are waiting to see this.
TheFogHorn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:23:04 PM
At 8/13/2012 3:19:00 PM, drafterman wrote:
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. - Ecclesiastes 1:18

Religion is the blue pill.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:24:43 PM
At 8/13/2012 3:04:34 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
Everybody is spiritually dead, spirits don't exist. Next...

Only if you have never bore witness to one.. Arent you that guy whos too scared to go find one. I thought so.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:25:15 PM
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. - Ecclesiastes 1:18

Then I guess you are a manic depressive my friend.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:25:29 PM

This one is for you.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:26:16 PM
At 8/13/2012 3:15:20 PM, TheFogHorn wrote:
Spiritually dead and free of magical thinking.

Wonderful!

Spiritually dead and free of common sense logic. There, thats better.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:26:25 PM
At 8/13/2012 3:25:15 PM, inferno wrote:

And you're the happiest person on the planet.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:30:04 PM
At 8/13/2012 3:26:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/13/2012 3:25:15 PM, inferno wrote:

And you're the happiest person on the planet.

Enlightenment gives me a peace of mind that you may never have my friend.
And that is no bull. =)
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:46:56 PM
At 8/13/2012 3:24:43 PM, inferno wrote:

Only if you have never bore witness to one.. Arent you that guy whos too scared to go find one. I thought so.

You have never bore witness to one either. Don't lie to yourself...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 3:49:20 PM
The Fool: There is no definition meaning full definition of Spirit. It comes from BREATH AIR a physical object. Because air seems mysterious. Ghost is violent AIR. God is AIR
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 4:06:44 PM
(Gen. 2. 7) God inspired onto man the Breath of life.
Inspiration meant blowing into a man some thin and subtle air and wind.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 4:41:55 PM
There is nothing that prevents an atheist from the heights of spiritual experience. In fact, distancing yourself away from religious dogma actually improves the experience. Not believing in gods =/= no spiritual experience. Derp.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 5:00:34 PM
At 8/13/2012 3:46:56 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

No, its no lie my friend. 2003 Church Street, Georgetown SC. And again in
2006 in Myrtle. You dont know the half son.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 5:01:44 PM
At 8/13/2012 4:41:55 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
There is nothing that prevents an atheist from the heights of spiritual experience. In fact, distancing yourself away from religious dogma actually improves the experience. Not believing in gods =/= no spiritual experience. Derp.

No. What Atheism does is fill you with apathy and feelings of spiritlessness.
You are like a cat that chases its own tail. Confused, conflicted, and contradicted.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:11:48 PM
At 8/13/2012 5:01:44 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/13/2012 4:41:55 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

You are like a cat that chases its own tail. Confused, conflicted, and contradicted.

lmao, I love you
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
TheFogHorn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 6:56:04 PM
'You are like a cat that chases its own tail. Confused, conflicted, and contradicted.'

Sounds like most Christians on forums bleating on at each other about this covenant, that covenant, this rule, that rule, he said this and he said that, and let's just go over it all again to make sure we got it right or we'll end up going through the wide gate.
TheJackel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 10:47:40 PM

Last time I checked, Light comes from the sun, or electromagnetism. And I went outside today and went to the beach and basked in it, enjoyed it, almost even worshiped it.. :) So much for "Atheism and depression" BS.. That link is as bad as the moron that said their are no atheists in foxholes..
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2012 11:09:14 PM
At 8/13/2012 3:46:56 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

No I have...You can not disprove...in fact not one that has lived can...So keep your mouth in silence when you have no more knowledge about the subject then a dog would.
TheAsylum
RichMacabre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 2:27:02 PM
Deconversion affects your mental health, your lifestyle,
your spirit, and your soul.

Fixed.

Atheism itself is just a position on a single question; nothing more. Atheists are not a hivemind, and atheism is not a worldview. You are confusing the negative psychological effects of deconversion for atheism. Remember, most atheists (in the US) were born and raised religious. I deconverted at 15 and was depressed for many years, but in retrospect it was one of the best decisions I've made. I know empathy is a rare trait, but have some for a moment and understand what it's like to truly lose your faith. Feeling depressed and angry is a completely normal reaction.

Is atheism at fault? On the contrary, religious indoctrination puts a child at risk of psychological damage if he or she ever decides to leave his or her parents' religion. This risk could easily be avoided by raising children in a secular environment and allowing them to decide for themselves once they reach an appropriate age. Much like a child is not physically ready for sex, a child is not mentally ready for religion. The article really only hurts the religious position, if you're keen on the details that were omitted.

This is so nonsensical, I'm not sure if it warrants a serious response. How do you reconcile such a claim with atheist religions such as Buddhism and Taoism? It's silly even for the non-religious atheist; not believing in an afterlife, for example, adds value to this life because it's the only one I'll ever have. Conversely, believing in an eternity of bliss makes this life a meaningless speck in comparison. I'd be anticipating my death all the time.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 3:12:59 PM
At 8/14/2012 2:27:02 PM, RichMacabre wrote:
Deconversion affects your mental health, your lifestyle,
your spirit, and your soul.

Fixed.

Atheism itself is just a position on a single question; nothing more. Atheists are not a hivemind, and atheism is not a worldview. You are confusing the negative psychological effects of deconversion for atheism. Remember, most atheists (in the US) were born and raised religious. I deconverted at 15 and was depressed for many years, but in retrospect it was one of the best decisions I've made. I know empathy is a rare trait, but have some for a moment and understand what it's like to truly lose your faith. Feeling depressed and angry is a completely normal reaction.

Is atheism at fault? On the contrary, religious indoctrination puts a child at risk of psychological damage if he or she ever decides to leave his or her parents' religion. This risk could easily be avoided by raising children in a secular environment and allowing them to decide for themselves once they reach an appropriate age. Much like a child is not physically ready for sex, a child is not mentally ready for religion. The article really only hurts the religious position, if you're keen on the details that were omitted.

This is so nonsensical, I'm not sure if it warrants a serious response. How do you reconcile such a claim with atheist religions such as Buddhism and Taoism? It's silly even for the non-religious atheist; not believing in an afterlife, for example, adds value to this life because it's the only one I'll ever have. Conversely, believing in an eternity of bliss makes this life a meaningless speck in comparison. I'd be anticipating my death all the time.

No I am not. Many Atheists deal with these emotions of negativity because they have no source of divine inspiration. Simple.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 3:13:51 PM
At 8/13/2012 10:47:40 PM, TheJackel wrote:

Last time I checked, Light comes from the sun, or electromagnetism. And I went outside today and went to the beach and basked in it, enjoyed it, almost even worshiped it.. :) So much for "Atheism and depression" BS.. That link is as bad as the moron that said their are no atheists in foxholes..

Well judging by your tone and energy here, you are the poster child for depression.
RichMacabre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 4:37:45 PM
At 8/14/2012 3:12:59 PM, inferno wrote:
No I am not. Many Atheists deal with these emotions of negativity because they have no source of divine inspiration. Simple.

I am an atheist that no longer deals with prolonged negative emotions because I forged a new, positive worldview (which is not based on atheism) after the painful process discarding my old, religious one. What you are saying is that it's impossible to be happy without belief in god; this is absolutely false, and rather pessimistic.

Would you like to address any other points I made?