Jump to topic:

Theism Atheism; Eff It, All the Gods Are Real

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 5:37:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Theism this, Atheism that, faith this, science that, eff all that, every religion is false, every god, spiritual teacher, and deity is real. It all exists in Infinity, everything does how could it not.

Perception, thoughts co-create, shape reality, but reality and the Universe governs us and everything.

Everything else is trivial, no more than a spark for thought, more importantly is to break away from dogmatic thinking of both scientism and religionism.

Om mane padme hum Jesus Christ hare Krishna la il Allah Enlil Enki

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 5:41:48 PM
At 8/14/2012 5:37:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Theism this, Atheism that, faith this, science that, eff all that, every religion is false, every god, spiritual teacher, and deity is real. It all exists in Infinity, everything does how could it not.

Perception, thoughts co-create, shape reality, but reality and the Universe governs us and everything.

Everything else is trivial, no more than a spark for thought, more importantly is to break away from dogmatic thinking of both scientism and religionism.

The Fool: I am neither, I am a Fool nothing more nothing less.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 5:50:52 PM
At 8/14/2012 5:37:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:37:17 PM
Science is not the opposite of religion, rationalism is. Rationalism subsumes naturalism, which in turn subsumes science and atheism. Atheism and science are only tied together in a very specific juncture: rejecting supernatural beings. Science looks for natural explanations and natural causes; atheism believes there are no gods (or lacks the belief in gods, if you're a fig).
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 7:19:16 PM
At 8/14/2012 6:37:17 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Science is not the opposite of religion, rationalism is.

Rationalism can't be relied on. You must use rationalism in order to prove rationalism, without having proven it reliable. It's every bit as circular as using the Bible to prove God.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 9:39:47 AM
Science is not the opposite of religion, rationalism is. Rationalism subsumes naturalism, which in turn subsumes science and atheism. Atheism and science are only tied together in a very specific juncture: rejecting supernatural beings. Science looks for natural explanations and natural causes; atheism believes there are no gods (or lacks the belief in gods, if you're a fig).

Science does not reject supernatural beings, science is knowledge of how the world works.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 10:03:46 AM
At 8/14/2012 7:19:16 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Rationalism can't be relied on. You must use rationalism in order to prove rationalism, without having proven it reliable. It's every bit as circular as using the Bible to prove God.

You are kidding me, right? If you question rationality being reliable, then you are out of the conversation.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 11:47:33 AM
At 8/15/2012 10:03:46 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
You are kidding me, right? If you question rationality being reliable, then you are out of the conversation.

Rationality is limited. Yes, it is good for determining some truths, but it is a system which deals only with parts and thus can't allow for seeing the whole picture.

"Transcendental Intelligence rises when the intellectual-mind reaches its limit and, if things are to be realized in their true and essence nature, its processes of mentation, which are based on particularized ideas, discriminations and judgements, must be transcended by an appeal to some higher faculty of cognition."

-- The Buddha (Lanakavatara Sutra)

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
TheBossToss
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 11:49:03 AM

Rationalism uses observable evidence to make conclusions about the natural world. It's not like one goes, "because o rationalism, God/gods don't exist". No one goes, "Well, there's no evidence for god/gods, and there is a logical explanation that makes perfect sense in one hand vs. another in the other that makes little to no sense, and so we must conclude that, logically god/gods do not exist". That action is called rationalism, but we do not wave rationalism around like fundies wave around the Bible, mindlessly saying it holds the answer to everything.
Cats. I like cats.
-Me

Pro hasn't upheld his BOP. He forfeited last round. I did stuff.
-Wallstreetatheist

That was real intellectual property theft. They used her idea for their own profit and fame. When I pirate, I am usually downloading textbooks that I cannot afford to purchase on my own and that I do not want my parents to spend money on.
-royalpaladin
TheBossToss
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 11:49:53 AM
At 8/15/2012 11:49:03 AM, TheBossToss wrote:

Rationalism uses observable evidence to make conclusions about the natural world. It's not like one goes, "because o rationalism, God/gods don't exist". No one goes, "Well, there's no evidence for god/gods, and there is a logical explanation that makes perfect sense in one hand vs. another in the other that makes little to no sense, and so we must conclude that, logically god/gods do not exist". That action is called rationalism, but we do not wave rationalism around like fundies wave around the Bible, mindlessly saying it holds the answer to everything.

That should be "No, one goes....." Derp, I should probably learn grammar before posting.
Cats. I like cats.
-Me

Pro hasn't upheld his BOP. He forfeited last round. I did stuff.
-Wallstreetatheist

That was real intellectual property theft. They used her idea for their own profit and fame. When I pirate, I am usually downloading textbooks that I cannot afford to purchase on my own and that I do not want my parents to spend money on.
-royalpaladin
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2012 1:06:04 PM
At 8/14/2012 5:50:52 PM, 000ike wrote:

?

What is your question.

I see that no one has any refutations.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat