Send a Message
8/14/2012 5:49:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
human emotions anyone? excitment+happ=/=True
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 5:51:29 PM
At 8/14/2012 5:46:06 PM, acvavra wrote:
This is such a blessing. You should listen atheists. Amazing how excited people can get over a "fairy tale."

There is power.power.wonder working power in the blood of the lamb. Power.Power. wonder working in the precious blood of the lamb. I love it.
TheAsylum
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 5:53:37 PM
This is such a blessing. You should listen atheists. Amazing how excited people can get over a "fairy tale."

Passion is the enemy of reason.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 5:59:03 PM

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. (The God Delusion, p. 194)
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:00:56 PM
What is the point of this?
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:02:43 PM
At 8/14/2012 5:50:31 PM, acvavra wrote:
Watch 1:40 - 2:00 Atheists. It might change your mind, or at least make you think.

This is the video I wanted you to watch. Observe Microsuck and dustpelt.
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:04:02 PM
At 8/14/2012 5:54:04 PM, acvavra wrote:
Sorry this video you atheists should watch 1:40-2:00. It might make you think.

Sorry getting confused. Watch this video from 1:40-2:00.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:05:34 PM
When Bill Grahm spoke, many times dozens and dozens of people would be so affected they would go up to the front to "be saved." Fact is, it was realized a large portion of those people never followed through with it afterwords and didn't even attend church.

Emotions
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:11:43 PM
At 8/14/2012 6:05:34 PM, phantom wrote:
When Bill Grahm spoke, many times dozens and dozens of people would be so affected they would go up to the front to "be saved." Fact is, it was realized a large portion of those people never followed through with it afterwords and didn't even attend church.

Emotions

Watch the second video I posted:Meeting Ruckman from time 1:40-2:00 and then we'll talk.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:20:54 PM
At 8/14/2012 6:11:43 PM, acvavra wrote:

Emotions

Watch the second video I posted:Meeting Ruckman from time 1:40-2:00 and then we'll talk.

Yup. I was Christian for 17+ years of my life. I know all the emotions that are involved. I've experienced them. A blind man singing about God. He seems happy, so good for him. I hope he stays that way regardless of whether I believe his faith is correct or not. It however has no affect on my opinion whatsoever.

It also put me off when the author of the vid basically called all atheists stupid (with all caps).
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:25:54 PM
At 8/14/2012 6:20:54 PM, phantom wrote:

Emotions

Yup. I was Christian for 17+ years of my life. I know all the emotions that are involved. I've experienced them. A blind man singing about God. He seems happy, so good for him. I hope he stays that way regardless of whether I believe his faith is correct or not. It however has no affect on my opinion whatsoever.

It also put me off when the author of the vid basically called all atheists stupid (with all caps).

Also what is even the point of saying "what do you stupid atheists have to offer this man?"?? Is it like rubbing it in their face that their world-view offers no hope or purpose in life and little happiness? That's shameful. Fvck that intolerant close-minded man.
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:36:39 PM
At 8/14/2012 6:25:54 PM, phantom wrote:

Emotions

Also what is even the point of saying "what do you stupid atheists have to offer this man?"?? Is it like rubbing it in their face that their world-view offers no hope or purpose in life and little happiness? That's shameful. Fvck that intolerant close-minded man.

Well, what can you offer him?
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:45:20 PM

Emotions

Forget the fact that you were offended. What can you offer a blind man?
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:48:56 PM
At 8/14/2012 6:45:20 PM, acvavra wrote:

Emotions

What can you offer a blind man?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 6:50:19 PM
Herd-mentality and the reassurance of others onto something for which there is no evidence is a poor substitute for fact.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 7:05:13 PM

Emotions

I'm not atheist but my deistic world-view makes purpose unlikely. I have nothing to offer him besides things of this world. Why do you ask? I'm glad he finds happiness in Christianity. I'm glad people can find contentment in religion. I envy those people deeply. I never claimed I had more to offer him. I would be sad if I converted him from Christianity. What's your fricken point?
Magicr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 7:40:24 PM
What can atheists offer a person? While I would hope the best for this man, what a belief can offer someone has no bearing on what is true.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:05:41 PM
At 8/14/2012 7:40:24 PM, Magicr wrote:
What can atheists offer a person? While I would hope the best for this man, what a belief can offer someone has no bearing on what is true.

The Fool: He can know that we are with him!! and love him. That he is not alone. And we are part of a progessive team. Who is in search for The Good!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:06:15 PM
The Fool: And most of all It will be TRUE!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:31:42 PM
At 8/14/2012 7:05:13 PM, phantom wrote:

Emotions

I'm not atheist but my deistic world-view makes purpose unlikely. I have nothing to offer him besides things of this world. Why do you ask? I'm glad he finds happiness in Christianity. I'm glad people can find contentment in religion. I envy those people deeply. I never claimed I had more to offer him. I would be sad if I converted him from Christianity. What's your fricken point?

That you sir, have nothing good to offer him. I can tell him that Jesus will give him his sight back and he can spend eternity in complete happiness. You sir, can offer nothing but what this world can give WHICH IS ONLY TEMPORARY. I have a better offer, God's offer.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:36:19 PM
At 8/14/2012 8:33:47 PM, acvavra wrote:
And this is where theism defeats atheism!

The Fool: Illusions are dishonest!!
I give him this.

The Fool: He can know that we are with him!! and love him. That he is not alone. And we are part of a progessive team. Who is in search for The Good! And one day we will find it.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:37:02 PM
The Fool: We don't need BLOODY LAMBS. We don;t need any of that..
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:38:21 PM

I agree that theism is more logical, however, I do not agree with you that "this is where theism defeats atheism". How does people getting exited prove theism, exactly?

Terrible argument.
Wall of LOL
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:42:25 PM
At 8/14/2012 8:31:42 PM, acvavra wrote:
At 8/14/2012 7:05:13 PM, phantom wrote:

Emotions

That you sir, have nothing good to offer him. I can tell him that Jesus will give him his sight back and he can spend eternity in complete happiness. You sir, can offer nothing but what this world can give WHICH IS ONLY TEMPORARY. I have a better offer, God's offer.

Calling atheists "stupid" doesn't exactly show Christian values.
Wall of LOL
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:49:07 PM
At 8/14/2012 8:38:21 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:

I agree that theism is more logical, however, I do not agree with you that "this is where theism defeats atheism". How does people getting exited prove theism, exactly?

Terrible argument.

This is what I meant. My response to phantom:
acvavra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 8:50:08 PM
At 8/14/2012 8:36:19 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: Illusions are dishonest!!
I give him this.

The Fool: He can know that we are with him!! and love him. That he is not alone. And we are part of a progessive team. Who is in search for The Good! And one day we will find it.

What does that do for his blindness? God can give his sight back. Can you?