Jump to topic:

Creationism's Damage to Christianity

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 5:15:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.

(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 5:33:26 PM
Wow I pretty much agreed with everything he said in that video.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 5:59:47 PM
At 8/16/2012 5:15:23 PM, Microsuck wrote:
This video outlines the damage creationism and belief in a 6000 year old Earth does to Christianity.

(Note, the person who made this video later became an atheist)

He misses the most damaging aspect of creationism, which is what it says about God.

In effect, Creationists postulate a deceptive God, they propose a God who would create Man with a rational mind, a sense of wonder, and a seeking intellect, while creating a universe with the false appearance of tremendous age. This concept of a deceptive God is very hard to accept, it strikes me as a much greater challenge to Christianity than any damage the concept of evolution could ever hope to do.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 6:12:54 PM
The Fool: Oh no.. Not the Peanut butter argument. AAHHHHHhhh!
<(8J)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
TheJackel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 6:24:05 PM
Last I hear, and I am not sure of this, I heard he gave Christianity and is now more of a Deist. I could be wrong though here..