Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ten Questions Creationists Cannot Answer

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 7:14:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ten Questions Creationists Cannot Answer

from http://chem.tufts.edu...

1. The Genesis flood: Where did all that water come from? Where did it go? more flood information

2. How could the Genesis flood form the Grand Canyon?

3. How do you explain the universally consistent radioactive dating results obtained with different radioactive elements, and the consistent correlation with objects of known age?

4. What scientifically factual information can you supply to support your contention that the universe is only a few thousand years old?

5. How do you explain the astronomical evidence that the universe is billions of years old, without resorting to the preposterous assumption that the speed of light was millions of times faster in the past than it is now?

6. What mathematical proof can you supply, based on the known equations of thermodynamics, that order can not spontaneously arise from disorder?

7. If your claim that thermodynamics will not permit the evolution of complex living structures is true, then how do you explain, without resorting to make-believe special mechanisms that have no basis in thermodynamics, the development of a chick in an egg?

8. If creationism is scientifically valid, then why is it necessary to emphasize that the sectarian religous dogma of the Book of Genesis is the ultimate scientific authority?

9. If you believe that God can override nature to create living things as described in the Book of Genesis, then what reasons do you have, other than your religious beliefs, that God could not have created living things through a process of evolution?

10. The standard creationist explanation for the distribution of fossils in geological strata, with most primitive life forms in the lower strata, and mammals and humans in the upper strata, is that clever mankind was smart enough to climb to higher ground to escape the rising flood waters. How do you explain the fact that thousands of persons drowned in the recent Central America floods, in an area contiguous to higher ground? How do you explain the position of the fossils in the geologic layers, with small fossils below large fossils, which is contrary to hydraulic sorting in which large objects settle deeper than small objects?

--------

Bonus 1: How do Creationists account for atavisms?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
phantom
Posts: 6,774
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 8:44:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So by creationists you actually mean YEC christians.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 8:57:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Basically, we get it. Creationism does not work. You have created like a million threads to prove your point.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
joneszj
Posts: 1,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 8:58:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:14:33 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Ten Questions Creationists Cannot Answer

from http://chem.tufts.edu...

I really am a Creationist at heart. At mind I debate it on occasion so I will give it a go. Ill just be short with my answers as I am not really prepared for most of them lolz.

1. The Genesis flood: Where did all that water come from? Where did it go? more flood information

From the heavens, to the oceans. Tectonic change.

2. How could the Genesis flood form the Grand Canyon?

Does it need to?

3. How do you explain the universally consistent radioactive dating results obtained with different radioactive elements, and the consistent correlation with objects of known age?

http://www.earthage.org...
As for consistancy I think that is unfounded. I think Mt. St. Helens popped the balloon of radiometric dating be consistent. If I remember correctly rock that was 'new' dated as extremely old etc. It may not relate at all but I propose it.

4. What scientifically factual information can you supply to support your contention that the universe is only a few thousand years old?

http://www.earthage.org...
Clocks

5. How do you explain the astronomical evidence that the universe is billions of years old, without resorting to the preposterous assumption that the speed of light was millions of times faster in the past than it is now?

I think the only 'hard evidence' for an old universe is the star light distance problem. I have listened to some things here and there that offer arguments but I have no problem accepting the idea that God made the universe mature. He did so with everything else at least it seems.

6. What mathematical proof can you supply, based on the known equations of thermodynamics, that order can not spontaneously arise from disorder?

2nd law of thermodynamics I think is often misused. Is it not referring to the transfer of heat and a generalization that the universe tends towards entropy? I do not see how that argument would prevent order from occuring but only is order is expanded indefinitly.

7. If your claim that thermodynamics will not permit the evolution of complex living structures is true, then how do you explain, without resorting to make-believe special mechanisms that have no basis in thermodynamics, the development of a chick in an egg?

I do not permit 2LoT to prevent the evolution of complex structures. However I do believe that the evolution will eventually entropy (heat death)

8. If creationism is scientifically valid, then why is it necessary to emphasize that the sectarian religous dogma of the Book of Genesis is the ultimate scientific authority?

I am not sure what you are trying to ask. Christians believe in Genesis because they believe in the Bible. I suppose you could differ a Genesis Creationist from a non-Genesis Creationist. I see no harm there.

9. If you believe that God can override nature to create living things as described in the Book of Genesis, then what reasons do you have, other than your religious beliefs, that God could not have created living things through a process of evolution?

I do not claim that God could not have created via a process of evolution. How ever I do not see evidence of it in scripture save perhaps the 'stages of the days' in Genesis. Theologically death is the result of sin and thus evolution would be problomatic is death occured before sin occured.

10. The standard creationist explanation for the distribution of fossils in geological strata, with most primitive life forms in the lower strata, and mammals and humans in the upper strata, is that clever mankind was smart enough to climb to higher ground to escape the rising flood waters. How do you explain the fact that thousands of persons drowned in the recent Central America floods, in an area contiguous to higher ground? How do you explain the position of the fossils in the geologic layers, with small fossils below large fossils, which is contrary to hydraulic sorting in which large objects settle deeper than small objects?

A GAP theory could support the fact. I am not a fan of GAP though. An interesting read on the topic: http://www.astorehouseofknowledge.info...

I think I am more drawn to ecological zonation as an argument for the order of the fossil record. The problems the article list seem to be possibly explained away in the same manner evolutionists argue various out of place fossils. There is really too little to make a stand on it though. I suppose it is possible that with all the flooding that changes in atmospheric conditions could result in the discrepency listed. Just some thoughts.

--------

Bonus 1: How do Creationists account for atavisms?

I didn't watch the video. I do not know enough about geneology to really make a comment. But is it not possible that these dormant genes are not genes repressed from previous generations but serve some purpose for the current organism?

If I were to believe in evolution it would be a much faster evolution then what is generally taught. I forgot the actual term for the idea though >< toodles
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2012 9:11:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think I am more drawn to ecological zonation as an argument for the order of the :fossil record. The problems the article list seem to be possibly explained away in the :same manner evolutionists argue various out of place fossils. There is really too little :to make a stand on it though. I suppose it is possible that with all the flooding that :changes in atmospheric conditions could result in the discrepency listed. Just some :thoughts.

Ahh no:

The floods are likely in regards to the Tsunamis generated by Mount Thera eruption and have nothing to do with a world flood ect.. And it would have taken 3.2 X's the amount of water on Earth to even have the supposed flood. Worse yet, that much water and needed rain fall would have increased the atmospheric pressure 100's of times more than it is and the heat generated would have killed everything. Your talking heat to 1200F or higher..And water couldn't exist on earths surface in that heat range. It would looks like Venus.. So no..
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 5:41:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 11:25:47 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Cuz God.

Exactly! His ways are higher than ours, so pay me 10% of your income, reject critical thinking, and embrace sophistry.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 5:42:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 5:41:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/16/2012 11:25:47 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Cuz God.

Exactly! His ways are higher than ours, so pay me 10% of your income, reject critical thinking, and embrace sophistry.

Oh, and don't put d!cks in your butt, cuz he said it's gross.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 6:06:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 5:42:09 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:41:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/16/2012 11:25:47 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Cuz God.

Exactly! His ways are higher than ours, so pay me 10% of your income, reject critical thinking, and embrace sophistry.

Oh, and don't put d!cks in your butt, cuz he said it's gross.

It is amazing that people cant comprehind that themselves. It is sad that people must be told not too.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 6:21:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:14:33 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Ten Questions Creationists Cannot Answer

from http://chem.tufts.edu...

1. The Genesis flood: Where did all that water come from? Where did it go? more flood information

Many explantions can come here...Obviously no critical thinking skills being used here. You can believe it didnt happen but anybody with sense knows there are plenty explantions for where it coulve went. Who says with confidence that the earth is just talking about our earth and not all matter?

2. How could the Genesis flood form the Grand Canyon?

Lol. Why did have too? Again many things could of formed it.

3. How do you explain the universally consistent radioactive dating results obtained with different radioactive elements, and the consistent correlation with objects of known age?

Can you claim that science holds all knowledge? And holds all knowledge to make these test completely accurate? Kinda far fetched...no so far from creationist.

4. What scientifically factual information can you supply to support your contention that the universe is only a few thousand years old?

The point is we dont have to, you require that and we could careless.

5. How do you explain the astronomical evidence that the universe is billions of years old, without resorting to the preposterous assumption that the speed of light was millions of times faster in the past than it is now?

The earth had previous species that lived here and was destroyed by God, why Gen 1:2 was viod and formless and then He created man. Still makes it truth.

6. What mathematical proof can you supply, based on the known equations of thermodynamics, that order can not spontaneously arise from disorder?

No you should supply that answer when your theory opposes that theory.

7. If your claim that thermodynamics will not permit the evolution of complex living structures is true, then how do you explain, without resorting to make-believe special mechanisms that have no basis in thermodynamics, the development of a chick in an egg?

You are so basisless that you require us to answer your own scientific questions? Which one was first the egg or the chick?

8. If creationism is scientifically valid, then why is it necessary to emphasize that the sectarian religous dogma of the Book of Genesis is the ultimate scientific authority?

It doesnt have to be scientifically valid thats the point. You require answers from science not us. BTW do you believe that since science recommends we have 11 dimensions in our universe. what happens in the other 8? I suggest what creationism suggest heavens and hell.

9. If you believe that God can override nature to create living things as described in the Book of Genesis, then what reasons do you have, other than your religious beliefs, that God could not have created living things through a process of evolution?

Because it totally goes against the Bible and those who say not are liars or mistaken. We do not have to prove nothing, again. You still only have science which anyone must admit is limited.

10. The standard creationist explanation for the distribution of fossils in geological strata, with most primitive life forms in the lower strata, and mammals and humans in the upper strata, is that clever mankind was smart enough to climb to higher ground to escape the rising flood waters. How do you explain the fact that thousands of persons drowned in the recent Central America floods, in an area contiguous to higher ground? How do you explain the position of the fossils in the geologic layers, with small fossils below large fossils, which is contrary to hydraulic sorting in which large objects settle deeper than small objects?

This supports creationism but you make not know that.
--------

Bonus 1: How do Creationists account for atavisms?

Fallen angels- Nephilim. Which are accounted for through many socities and cultures.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 6:28:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wallstreetathesit
You would think with all this evidence and proof that God doesnt exist or the Bible isnt true would comfort you and you would be happy to leave it be because you know.
Truth is you dont know, You hope. You hope what you have set your heart on is correct and not fallious. You continue to post these things because you want to argue and try to put Christians down because your that shallow. You do his because your just not that confident about what you actually believe because if you were waste your tie trying to disprove it because it is useless too.
TheAsylum
TheBossToss
Posts: 154
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 10:32:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.earthage.org...
Clocks

Specifically, I am going to discuss the magnetic field contention, cuz that pissed me off the most:

They base their calculations on the idea that the Earth's magnetic fields decay at a rate of 5% per year, but don't cite it? WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE??? That's the crux of their arguments, and they don't even support it. Typical creationists.
Cats. I like cats.
-Me

Pro hasn't upheld his BOP. He forfeited last round. I did stuff.
-Wallstreetatheist

That was real intellectual property theft. They used her idea for their own profit and fame. When I pirate, I am usually downloading textbooks that I cannot afford to purchase on my own and that I do not want my parents to spend money on.
-royalpaladin
TheBossToss
Posts: 154
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 10:36:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 6:06:21 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:42:09 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:41:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/16/2012 11:25:47 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Cuz God.

Exactly! His ways are higher than ours, so pay me 10% of your income, reject critical thinking, and embrace sophistry.

Oh, and don't put d!cks in your butt, cuz he said it's gross.

It is amazing that people cant comprehind that themselves. It is sad that people must be told not too.

But why? Why can't I, if I want to, shove a c0ck up my @$$?? Why? What is the inherent problem with the act I just described? Now, I don't want to, but some people do. Why can't they? What is the justification? Don't give me that "Cuz God said so" bullsh!t, I want a real, moral justification for it.

I apologize for my profanity, but sh!t like this pisses me off.
Cats. I like cats.
-Me

Pro hasn't upheld his BOP. He forfeited last round. I did stuff.
-Wallstreetatheist

That was real intellectual property theft. They used her idea for their own profit and fame. When I pirate, I am usually downloading textbooks that I cannot afford to purchase on my own and that I do not want my parents to spend money on.
-royalpaladin
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 11:26:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 6:06:21 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:42:09 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:41:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/16/2012 11:25:47 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Cuz God.

Exactly! His ways are higher than ours, so pay me 10% of your income, reject critical thinking, and embrace sophistry.

Oh, and don't put d!cks in your butt, cuz he said it's gross.

It is amazing that people cant comprehind that themselves. It is sad that people must be told not too.

You mean just for men right?
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 12:39:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 10:36:43 AM, TheBossToss wrote:
At 8/17/2012 6:06:21 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:42:09 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:41:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/16/2012 11:25:47 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Cuz God.

Exactly! His ways are higher than ours, so pay me 10% of your income, reject critical thinking, and embrace sophistry.

Oh, and don't put d!cks in your butt, cuz he said it's gross.

It is amazing that people cant comprehind that themselves. It is sad that people must be told not too.

But why? Why can't I, if I want to, shove a c0ck up my @$$?? Why? What is the inherent problem with the act I just described? Now, I don't want to, but some people do. Why can't they? What is the justification? Don't give me that "Cuz God said so" bullsh!t, I want a real, moral justification for it.

I apologize for my profanity, but sh!t like this pisses me off.


Lmao, alas!

The real gripe atheists have with Christianity!

If we can't somthin up our @ss, we don't wanna hear it! hahaha...
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 1:49:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 12:39:23 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/17/2012 10:36:43 AM, TheBossToss wrote:
At 8/17/2012 6:06:21 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:42:09 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:41:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/16/2012 11:25:47 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Cuz God.

Exactly! His ways are higher than ours, so pay me 10% of your income, reject critical thinking, and embrace sophistry.

Oh, and don't put d!cks in your butt, cuz he said it's gross.

It is amazing that people cant comprehind that themselves. It is sad that people must be told not too.

But why? Why can't I, if I want to, shove a c0ck up my @$$?? Why? What is the inherent problem with the act I just described? Now, I don't want to, but some people do. Why can't they? What is the justification? Don't give me that "Cuz God said so" bullsh!t, I want a real, moral justification for it.

I apologize for my profanity, but sh!t like this pisses me off.


Lmao, alas!

The real gripe atheists have with Christianity!

If we can't somthin up our @ss, we don't wanna hear it! hahaha...

Well, it is mine after all.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
adontimasu
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 1:59:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:14:33 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Ten Questions Creationists Cannot Answer

from http://chem.tufts.edu...

1. The Genesis flood: Where did all that water come from? Where did it go? more flood information

2. How could the Genesis flood form the Grand Canyon?

3. How do you explain the universally consistent radioactive dating results obtained with different radioactive elements, and the consistent correlation with objects of known age?

4. What scientifically factual information can you supply to support your contention that the universe is only a few thousand years old?

5. How do you explain the astronomical evidence that the universe is billions of years old, without resorting to the preposterous assumption that the speed of light was millions of times faster in the past than it is now?

6. What mathematical proof can you supply, based on the known equations of thermodynamics, that order can not spontaneously arise from disorder?

7. If your claim that thermodynamics will not permit the evolution of complex living structures is true, then how do you explain, without resorting to make-believe special mechanisms that have no basis in thermodynamics, the development of a chick in an egg?

8. If creationism is scientifically valid, then why is it necessary to emphasize that the sectarian religous dogma of the Book of Genesis is the ultimate scientific authority?

9. If you believe that God can override nature to create living things as described in the Book of Genesis, then what reasons do you have, other than your religious beliefs, that God could not have created living things through a process of evolution?

10. The standard creationist explanation for the distribution of fossils in geological strata, with most primitive life forms in the lower strata, and mammals and humans in the upper strata, is that clever mankind was smart enough to climb to higher ground to escape the rising flood waters. How do you explain the fact that thousands of persons drowned in the recent Central America floods, in an area contiguous to higher ground? How do you explain the position of the fossils in the geologic layers, with small fossils below large fossils, which is contrary to hydraulic sorting in which large objects settle deeper than small objects?

--------

Bonus 1: How do Creationists account for atavisms?

I'm a Creationist, by a technicality.
1) What? Genesis flood? What are you talking about? I'm not a Christian.
2) See Q1.
3) Um... I never claimed to be anti-scientific.
4) I never claimed the earth was "only a few thousand years old."
5) I never claimed that either. You're really bad at this, you know?
6) I don't even know what the hell that means. :|
7) I believe in Evolution. -_-
8) I never said Genesis was a scientific authority.
9) I don't believe in Genesis, yet again.
10) I believe in Evolution, yet again.

In short: the OP makes assumptions about the beliefs of all creationists, and should really stop doing that.
TheBossToss
Posts: 154
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 5:05:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 1:59:33 PM, adontimasu wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:14:33 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Ten Questions Creationists Cannot Answer

from http://chem.tufts.edu...

1. The Genesis flood: Where did all that water come from? Where did it go? more flood information

2. How could the Genesis flood form the Grand Canyon?

3. How do you explain the universally consistent radioactive dating results obtained with different radioactive elements, and the consistent correlation with objects of known age?

4. What scientifically factual information can you supply to support your contention that the universe is only a few thousand years old?

5. How do you explain the astronomical evidence that the universe is billions of years old, without resorting to the preposterous assumption that the speed of light was millions of times faster in the past than it is now?

6. What mathematical proof can you supply, based on the known equations of thermodynamics, that order can not spontaneously arise from disorder?

7. If your claim that thermodynamics will not permit the evolution of complex living structures is true, then how do you explain, without resorting to make-believe special mechanisms that have no basis in thermodynamics, the development of a chick in an egg?

8. If creationism is scientifically valid, then why is it necessary to emphasize that the sectarian religous dogma of the Book of Genesis is the ultimate scientific authority?

9. If you believe that God can override nature to create living things as described in the Book of Genesis, then what reasons do you have, other than your religious beliefs, that God could not have created living things through a process of evolution?

10. The standard creationist explanation for the distribution of fossils in geological strata, with most primitive life forms in the lower strata, and mammals and humans in the upper strata, is that clever mankind was smart enough to climb to higher ground to escape the rising flood waters. How do you explain the fact that thousands of persons drowned in the recent Central America floods, in an area contiguous to higher ground? How do you explain the position of the fossils in the geologic layers, with small fossils below large fossils, which is contrary to hydraulic sorting in which large objects settle deeper than small objects?

--------

Bonus 1: How do Creationists account for atavisms?

I'm a Creationist, by a technicality.
1) What? Genesis flood? What are you talking about? I'm not a Christian.
2) See Q1.
3) Um... I never claimed to be anti-scientific.
4) I never claimed the earth was "only a few thousand years old."
5) I never claimed that either. You're really bad at this, you know?
6) I don't even know what the hell that means. :|
7) I believe in Evolution. -_-
8) I never said Genesis was a scientific authority.
9) I don't believe in Genesis, yet again.
10) I believe in Evolution, yet again.

In short: the OP makes assumptions about the beliefs of all creationists, and should really stop doing that.

I think he was talking about YECs. People who think God just made stuff and whatever and let it go off on its own have different questions to answer, like why there is no evidence for his existence.
Cats. I like cats.
-Me

Pro hasn't upheld his BOP. He forfeited last round. I did stuff.
-Wallstreetatheist

That was real intellectual property theft. They used her idea for their own profit and fame. When I pirate, I am usually downloading textbooks that I cannot afford to purchase on my own and that I do not want my parents to spend money on.
-royalpaladin
adontimasu
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 8:47:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 5:05:07 PM, TheBossToss wrote:
At 8/17/2012 1:59:33 PM, adontimasu wrote:
At 8/16/2012 7:14:33 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Ten Questions Creationists Cannot Answer

from http://chem.tufts.edu...

1. The Genesis flood: Where did all that water come from? Where did it go? more flood information

2. How could the Genesis flood form the Grand Canyon?

3. How do you explain the universally consistent radioactive dating results obtained with different radioactive elements, and the consistent correlation with objects of known age?

4. What scientifically factual information can you supply to support your contention that the universe is only a few thousand years old?

5. How do you explain the astronomical evidence that the universe is billions of years old, without resorting to the preposterous assumption that the speed of light was millions of times faster in the past than it is now?

6. What mathematical proof can you supply, based on the known equations of thermodynamics, that order can not spontaneously arise from disorder?

7. If your claim that thermodynamics will not permit the evolution of complex living structures is true, then how do you explain, without resorting to make-believe special mechanisms that have no basis in thermodynamics, the development of a chick in an egg?

8. If creationism is scientifically valid, then why is it necessary to emphasize that the sectarian religous dogma of the Book of Genesis is the ultimate scientific authority?

9. If you believe that God can override nature to create living things as described in the Book of Genesis, then what reasons do you have, other than your religious beliefs, that God could not have created living things through a process of evolution?

10. The standard creationist explanation for the distribution of fossils in geological strata, with most primitive life forms in the lower strata, and mammals and humans in the upper strata, is that clever mankind was smart enough to climb to higher ground to escape the rising flood waters. How do you explain the fact that thousands of persons drowned in the recent Central America floods, in an area contiguous to higher ground? How do you explain the position of the fossils in the geologic layers, with small fossils below large fossils, which is contrary to hydraulic sorting in which large objects settle deeper than small objects?

--------

Bonus 1: How do Creationists account for atavisms?

I'm a Creationist, by a technicality.
1) What? Genesis flood? What are you talking about? I'm not a Christian.
2) See Q1.
3) Um... I never claimed to be anti-scientific.
4) I never claimed the earth was "only a few thousand years old."
5) I never claimed that either. You're really bad at this, you know?
6) I don't even know what the hell that means. :|
7) I believe in Evolution. -_-
8) I never said Genesis was a scientific authority.
9) I don't believe in Genesis, yet again.
10) I believe in Evolution, yet again.

In short: the OP makes assumptions about the beliefs of all creationists, and should really stop doing that.

I think he was talking about YECs. People who think God just made stuff and whatever and let it go off on its own have different questions to answer, like why there is no evidence for his existence.

Well, that sucks. :\
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2012 9:08:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/16/2012 7:14:33 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Ten Questions Creationists Cannot Answer

from http://chem.tufts.edu...

1. The Genesis flood: Where did all that water come from? Where did it go? more flood information

God created the more water, he is a creator, it's what he does.

2. How could the Genesis flood form the Grand Canyon?

By Gods intervention of course.

3. How do you explain the universally consistent radioactive dating results obtained with different radioactive elements, and the consistent correlation with objects of known age?

Satan, is a tricky bastard, tricking those evil atheists science, less science more bible.


4. What scientifically factual information can you supply to support your contention that the universe is only a few thousand years old?

The science of divine revelation, God told me, thank you Jesus.

5. How do you explain the astronomical evidence that the universe is billions of years old, without resorting to the preposterous assumption that the speed of light was millions of times faster in the past than it is now?

Typical evil atheist unbelieving satanic pre suppositions. Maybe light traveled differently in the past, you don't know that it didn't. Glory to God.


6. What mathematical proof can you supply, based on the known equations of thermodynamics, that order can not spontaneously arise from disorder?

God created maths, hallelujah. Order just can't come from dis-order, it just can't, it just can't.


7. If your claim that thermodynamics will not permit the evolution of complex living structures is true, then how do you explain, without resorting to make-believe special mechanisms that have no basis in thermodynamics, the development of a chick in an egg?

God


8. If creationism is scientifically valid, then why is it necessary to emphasize that the sectarian religous dogma of the Book of Genesis is the ultimate scientific authority?

Genesis is a scientific book, its was written by man under guidance by the creator of the universe, and don't ya think the creator would know how he created the universe and the earth ? duh.


9. If you believe that God can override nature to create living things as described in the Book of Genesis, then what reasons do you have, other than your religious beliefs, that God could not have created living things through a process of evolution?

Cause a tornado in a junk yard can't produce a 747, ergo God created living things.


10. The standard creationist explanation for the distribution of fossils in geological strata, with most primitive life forms in the lower strata, and mammals and humans in the upper strata, is that clever mankind was smart enough to climb to higher ground to escape the rising flood waters. How do you explain the fact that thousands of persons drowned in the recent Central America floods, in an area contiguous to higher ground? How do you explain the position of the fossils in the geologic layers, with small fossils below large fossils, which is contrary to hydraulic sorting in which large objects settle deeper than small objects?

Maybe if they believed in Jesus.......


--------

Bonus 1: How do Creationists account for atavisms?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 8:54:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 10:36:43 AM, TheBossToss wrote:
At 8/17/2012 6:06:21 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:42:09 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:41:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/16/2012 11:25:47 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Cuz God.

Exactly! His ways are higher than ours, so pay me 10% of your income, reject critical thinking, and embrace sophistry.

Oh, and don't put d!cks in your butt, cuz he said it's gross.

It is amazing that people cant comprehind that themselves. It is sad that people must be told not too.

But why? Why can't I, if I want to, shove a c0ck up my @$$?? Why? What is the inherent problem with the act I just described? Now, I don't want to, but some people do. Why can't they? What is the justification? Don't give me that "Cuz God said so" bullsh!t, I want a real, moral justification for it.

I apologize for my profanity, but sh!t like this pisses me off.

If you need reasons why then your common sense is far to low to comprehind anything normally. God or scripture really has nothing to do with looking at a woman and man and knowing what goes where and what doesnt go where. If you choose to shoot yourself inside another man's place that his feces extracts then please go right ahead.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 8:54:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 11:26:07 AM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 8/17/2012 6:06:21 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:42:09 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/17/2012 5:41:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 8/16/2012 11:25:47 PM, Maikuru wrote:
Cuz God.

Exactly! His ways are higher than ours, so pay me 10% of your income, reject critical thinking, and embrace sophistry.

Oh, and don't put d!cks in your butt, cuz he said it's gross.

It is amazing that people cant comprehind that themselves. It is sad that people must be told not too.

You mean just for men right?

Both
TheAsylum
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 11:33:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/17/2012 10:32:39 AM, TheBossToss wrote:
http://www.earthage.org...
Clocks

Specifically, I am going to discuss the magnetic field contention, cuz that pissed me off the most:

They base their calculations on the idea that the Earth's magnetic fields decay at a rate of 5% per year, but don't cite it? WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE??? That's the crux of their arguments, and they don't even support it. Typical creationists.

They rest their argument on down states of the field and ignore that the magnetic field has it's own weather like patterns.. I can post a ton of data on this, but it will have to wait till after work. Basically they are full of BS whom quote mine science to convert it to some sort of data support for their pseudoscience and religion.
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 11:40:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Typical evil atheist unbelieving satanic pre suppositions. Maybe light traveled differently in the past, you don't know that it didn't. Glory to God.

Its really funny how flat Earthers, UFO buffs, sea monster fanatics, and Creationists all rely on that same argument appeal to ignorance.

Sorry a vacuum was a vacuum to which light must travel through, and it's going to travel any different.. And the fact you can still watch or see supernova from galaxies more than 100,000 light years away is more than enough to crush creationists claims regarding the subject.. And when you see such blatant appeals to such as the trickster god ect, it's obvious how desperate such a faith system is, and how out of sync it is with reality.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 4:36:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/20/2012 11:40:26 AM, TheJackel wrote:
Typical evil atheist unbelieving satanic pre suppositions. Maybe light traveled differently in the past, you don't know that it didn't. Glory to God.

Its really funny how flat Earthers, UFO buffs, sea monster fanatics, and Creationists all rely on that same argument appeal to ignorance.

I have no idea what you are talking about.........

1) Tide comes in, tides come out, you can't explain that.........therefore God
2) How did the moon get there ?..............therefore God
3) You can't have objective morality without God, how can you ?.......therefore God
4) Science can't explain.....................therefore God
5) But how did such and such come to be ? ........therefore God
6) If there is no God then why is there a universe ? ........therefore God

These are rock solid arguments, presented by the brightest minds that God has ever......wait a min.....

7) How do you explain conciseness ? ........therefore God

As I was saying, the best minds that God has produced, yet evil atheists who just want to sin reject them.


Sorry a vacuum was a vacuum to which light must travel through, and it's going to travel any different.. And the fact y
ou can still watch or see supernova from galaxies more than 100,000 light years away is more than enough to crush creationists claims regarding the subject.. And when you see such blatant appeals to such as the trickster god ect, it's obvious how desperate such a faith system is, and how out of sync it is with reality.

How do you know it won't travel any different ? were you there ? You know who was there God, and he wrote a book, now who are we going to believe fallible sinful man or the holy, just, wise creator of the universe ? It's sad that atheists are so blinded by Satan.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
ScottyDouglas
Posts: 2,350
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 5:46:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/21/2012 5:27:51 AM, Magicr wrote:
Tides go in, tides go out. Sun goes up, sun goes down. You guys can't explain it.



tides go in and out because of the moon. The sun rises and sets because the earth rotates.
TheAsylum
Magicr
Posts: 135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 6:02:13 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/21/2012 5:46:43 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/21/2012 5:27:51 AM, Magicr wrote:
Tides go in, tides go out. Sun goes up, sun goes down. You guys can't explain it.



tides go in and out because of the moon. The sun rises and sets because the earth rotates.

Congrats. You know more about science than Bill O'Reilly.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2012 6:47:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/21/2012 5:46:43 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/21/2012 5:27:51 AM, Magicr wrote:
Tides go in, tides go out. Sun goes up, sun goes down. You guys can't explain it.



tides go in and out because of the moon. The sun rises and sets because the earth rotates.

Okey smart guy, but where did the moon come from huh ? were we just lucky ? you can't explain that..........therefore GOD, you hear me, THEREFORE GOD.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12