Pat Robertson: Don't adopt sexually abused c

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 6:15:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Pat Robertson: Don't adopt sexually abused children that could grow up ‘weird'

"Televangelist Pat Robertson on Thursday cautioned his viewers to think twice before adopting disadvantaged children that had been sexually abused or deprived of food because they could grow up "weird."

"During Thursday's edition of The 700 Club co-host Kristi Watts read a letter from a woman who wanted to know why men stopped dating her when they learned that she had adopted three daughters from three different countries."

http://www.rawstory.com...

Thanks for giving me one more reason why I am NOT a fundamentlaist Christian!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:22:42 PM
At 8/19/2012 6:19:54 PM, adontimasu wrote:
I do not see how Pat Robertson saying that sexually abused children can grow up weird has anything to do with his religion.

How does it not? Evil begets evil.
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:42:22 PM
At 8/19/2012 10:22:42 PM, slo1 wrote:
I do not see how Pat Robertson saying that sexually abused children can grow up weird has anything to do with his religion.

While I agree that it was wrong and evil of him to say that, I wouldn't go as far as to say religion is evil....
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:48:49 PM
Makes you wonder what it was that caused Pat Robertson to grow up weird.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:50:52 PM
The price you pay for freedom of speech.

PS: God sent that hurricane cause of gay marriage.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2012 10:56:54 PM
At 8/19/2012 10:42:22 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 8/19/2012 10:22:42 PM, slo1 wrote:

While I agree that it was wrong and evil of him to say that, I wouldn't go as far as to say religion is evil....

Religion isn't alive. It's a grouping of ideas.

Evil people create evil religion.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 6:56:56 AM
At 8/19/2012 6:15:41 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Pat Robertson: Don't adopt sexually abused children that could grow up ‘weird'

"Televangelist Pat Robertson on Thursday cautioned his viewers to think twice before adopting disadvantaged children that had been sexually abused or deprived of food because they could grow up "weird."

"During Thursday's edition of The 700 Club co-host Kristi Watts read a letter from a woman who wanted to know why men stopped dating her when they learned that she had adopted three daughters from three different countries."

http://www.rawstory.com...

Thanks for giving me one more reason why I am NOT a fundamentlaist Christian!

We can agree that this guy is a idiot and gives Christianity a bad rap.
TheAsylum
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 8:52:52 AM
I do not see how Pat Robertson saying that sexually abused children can grow up weird has anything to do with his religion.:

"Let the [weird] children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." -- Jesus
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 9:56:32 AM
This guy is an idiot. However I do not see how what he said has to do with his religion.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2012 10:37:10 AM
At 8/19/2012 10:29:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:
The only thing good about a concept of hell is that Pat Robertson would be in it.

The Fool: No he just has to repent. They get saved not matter what crime they do.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL