Total Posts:122|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheists Attack Christians With Billboards *

inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:05:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
America is a country where we all have the right to express our basic fundamental freedoms about our chosen ideology. But at what point do we draw this blurry line.
Atheists can be very hypocritical at times because they often blame Christians
for being disrespectful.............Now how can you find any sense of logic
by doing that which you are against. It appears to me that many of you are so
desperate to get your point across by using these horrific billboards to smear
Christians and make the evening news. Is Atheism a religion ? It is now.
So whats the difference between me and you. Other than us being the majority, there is a faith that cannot be measured or defined in a way that appeases
or satisfies your endless curiosity. But there will come a time when you will
regret the day that you said otherwise. You reap what you sow. So do not
sow seeds of hate towards something you are not willing to understand.
See website here and other stories online for this latest uproar.
Comments or questions.

http://www.foxnews.com...
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:14:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 3:05:31 PM, inferno wrote:
America is a country where we all have the right to express our basic fundamental freedoms about our chosen ideology. But at what point do we draw this blurry line.
Atheists can be very hypocritical at times because they often blame Christians
for being disrespectful.............Now how can you find any sense of logic
by doing that which you are against. It appears to me that many of you are so
desperate to get your point across by using these horrific billboards to smear
Christians and make the evening news. Is Atheism a religion ? It is now.
So whats the difference between me and you. Other than us being the majority, there is a faith that cannot be measured or defined in a way that appeases
or satisfies your endless curiosity. But there will come a time when you will
regret the day that you said otherwise. You reap what you sow. So do not
sow seeds of hate towards something you are not willing to understand.
See website here and other stories online for this latest uproar.
Comments or questions.

http://www.foxnews.com...

This is not over.........
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:25:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 3:14:34 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:05:31 PM, inferno wrote:
America is a country where we all have the right to express our basic fundamental freedoms about our chosen ideology. But at what point do we draw this blurry line.
Atheists can be very hypocritical at times because they often blame Christians
for being disrespectful.............Now how can you find any sense of logic
by doing that which you are against. It appears to me that many of you are so
desperate to get your point across by using these horrific billboards to smear
Christians and make the evening news. Is Atheism a religion ? It is now.
So whats the difference between me and you. Other than us being the majority, there is a faith that cannot be measured or defined in a way that appeases
or satisfies your endless curiosity. But there will come a time when you will
regret the day that you said otherwise. You reap what you sow. So do not
sow seeds of hate towards something you are not willing to understand.
See website here and other stories online for this latest uproar.
Comments or questions.

http://www.foxnews.com...

This is not over.........

It seems that Atheists are the most desperate people in the world now.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:31:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 3:25:55 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:14:34 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:05:31 PM, inferno wrote:
America is a country where we all have the right to express our basic fundamental freedoms about our chosen ideology. But at what point do we draw this blurry line.
Atheists can be very hypocritical at times because they often blame Christians
for being disrespectful.............Now how can you find any sense of logic
by doing that which you are against. It appears to me that many of you are so
desperate to get your point across by using these horrific billboards to smear
Christians and make the evening news. Is Atheism a religion ? It is now.
So whats the difference between me and you. Other than us being the majority, there is a faith that cannot be measured or defined in a way that appeases
or satisfies your endless curiosity. But there will come a time when you will
regret the day that you said otherwise. You reap what you sow. So do not
sow seeds of hate towards something you are not willing to understand.
See website here and other stories online for this latest uproar.
Comments or questions.

http://www.foxnews.com...

This is not over.........

It seems that Atheists are the most desperate people in the world now.

Lol Not all Atheists are radical like that. If that's your logic, then all Christians are women's choice hating, gay bashing bigots who hold men who diddle little boys in high regards.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:33:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 3:31:51 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:25:55 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:14:34 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:05:31 PM, inferno wrote:
America is a country where we all have the right to express our basic fundamental freedoms about our chosen ideology. But at what point do we draw this blurry line.
Atheists can be very hypocritical at times because they often blame Christians
for being disrespectful.............Now how can you find any sense of logic
by doing that which you are against. It appears to me that many of you are so
desperate to get your point across by using these horrific billboards to smear
Christians and make the evening news. Is Atheism a religion ? It is now.
So whats the difference between me and you. Other than us being the majority, there is a faith that cannot be measured or defined in a way that appeases
or satisfies your endless curiosity. But there will come a time when you will
regret the day that you said otherwise. You reap what you sow. So do not
sow seeds of hate towards something you are not willing to understand.
See website here and other stories online for this latest uproar.
Comments or questions.

http://www.foxnews.com...

This is not over.........

It seems that Atheists are the most desperate people in the world now.

Lol Not all Atheists are radical like that. If that's your logic, then all Christians are women's choice hating, gay bashing bigots who hold men who diddle little boys in high regards.

You are the poster child of a verbally radical Atheist. Enough said.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:41:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 3:33:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:31:51 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:25:55 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:14:34 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:05:31 PM, inferno wrote:
America is a country where we all have the right to express our basic fundamental freedoms about our chosen ideology. But at what point do we draw this blurry line.
Atheists can be very hypocritical at times because they often blame Christians
for being disrespectful.............Now how can you find any sense of logic
by doing that which you are against. It appears to me that many of you are so
desperate to get your point across by using these horrific billboards to smear
Christians and make the evening news. Is Atheism a religion ? It is now.
So whats the difference between me and you. Other than us being the majority, there is a faith that cannot be measured or defined in a way that appeases
or satisfies your endless curiosity. But there will come a time when you will
regret the day that you said otherwise. You reap what you sow. So do not
sow seeds of hate towards something you are not willing to understand.
See website here and other stories online for this latest uproar.
Comments or questions.

http://www.foxnews.com...

This is not over.........

It seems that Atheists are the most desperate people in the world now.

Lol Not all Atheists are radical like that. If that's your logic, then all Christians are women's choice hating, gay bashing bigots who hold men who diddle little boys in high regards.

You are the poster child of a verbally radical Atheist. Enough said.

You have no clue what you are talking about, and you are known on this site as a useless troll. Enough said.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:47:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 3:41:49 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:33:22 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:31:51 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:25:55 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:14:34 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 3:05:31 PM, inferno wrote:
America is a country where we all have the right to express our basic fundamental freedoms about our chosen ideology. But at what point do we draw this blurry line.
Atheists can be very hypocritical at times because they often blame Christians
for being disrespectful.............Now how can you find any sense of logic
by doing that which you are against. It appears to me that many of you are so
desperate to get your point across by using these horrific billboards to smear
Christians and make the evening news. Is Atheism a religion ? It is now.
So whats the difference between me and you. Other than us being the majority, there is a faith that cannot be measured or defined in a way that appeases
or satisfies your endless curiosity. But there will come a time when you will
regret the day that you said otherwise. You reap what you sow. So do not
sow seeds of hate towards something you are not willing to understand.
See website here and other stories online for this latest uproar.
Comments or questions.

http://www.foxnews.com...

This is not over.........

It seems that Atheists are the most desperate people in the world now.

Lol Not all Atheists are radical like that. If that's your logic, then all Christians are women's choice hating, gay bashing bigots who hold men who diddle little boys in high regards.

You are the poster child of a verbally radical Atheist. Enough said.

You have no clue what you are talking about, and you are known on this site as a useless troll. Enough said.

Those weak words have no bearing on who Inferno is my friend.
I know you wish you were like me.
That however, is not possible.
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:51:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 3:05:31 PM, inferno wrote:
America is a country where we all have the right to express our basic fundamental freedoms about our chosen ideology. But at what point do we draw this blurry line.
Atheists can be very hypocritical at times because they often blame Christians
for being disrespectful.............Now how can you find any sense of logic
by doing that which you are against. It appears to me that many of you are so
desperate to get your point across by using these horrific billboards to smear
Christians and make the evening news. Is Atheism a religion ? It is now.
So whats the difference between me and you. Other than us being the majority, there is a faith that cannot be measured or defined in a way that appeases
or satisfies your endless curiosity. But there will come a time when you will
regret the day that you said otherwise. You reap what you sow. So do not
sow seeds of hate towards something you are not willing to understand.
See website here and other stories online for this latest uproar.
Comments or questions.

http://www.foxnews.com...

Though I don't need to join an Atheist "Group", the billboard only posted facts. There are over 30,000 Christian Sects.. Fact.. Preaches hate and calls it love, fact. When the truth hurts, it suddenly becomes an "attack", and suddenly you get people like you trying to play a game for sympathy while trying to act like a victim. Totalitarian belief systems love to act like a victim, it's a good play on pulling the psychological strings of ignorant people.

Now Jesus isn't very useful other than for fleecing a flock for profit, power, and control over them. Other than that, there isn't much you can practically use Jesus for.. He's not going to come over and help me cut the grass son.. He not going to heal my dying cat who I have had for 16 years now, or relieve her suffering. He's not going to solve the world problems either, or put a sandwich in a starving child's mouth. We don't see him coming down and putting time in the soup kitchens to feed the homeless either. No we see narcissism of hate your parents to love him more.. Or we see the psychosis needed to be required to even think human sacrifice is even a logical or rational concept for a supposed omnipotent deity. Nothing like espousing child sacrificing, that is just psychologically sick on it's own level. Especially when put into a emotional appeal to make people feel like they own it their lives.. Some people have a lot to gain by brainwashing people into such ignorance.. After all, if you want power and to get rich, invent a religion. And even you can then scare a mother to slit her child's throats in fear demons, and the end of the world!
adontimasu
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 3:57:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes, because when Christians put billboards up that say that those who do not accept Jesus are going to burn forever in agony is not an attack on non-Christians. But saying that God is a sadist because - well... - He is, is an attack? Get over yourself.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:14:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Damn. I was hoping this was about atheists literally physically assaulting Christians with billboards.

Ah well.

Sorry, inferno, but you don't live in a theocracy, nor in a period in time when it would have been acceptable to oppress and torture atheists. Maybe the Spanish Inquistion would have been a more suitable setting for you, but, alas, you're in this time period.

Deal with it.
adontimasu
Posts: 93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:36:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:14:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
Damn. I was hoping this was about atheists literally physically assaulting Christians with billboards.

Ah well.

Lol.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:37:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:14:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
Damn. I was hoping this was about atheists literally physically assaulting Christians with billboards.

Ah well.

Sorry, inferno, but you don't live in a theocracy, nor in a period in time when it would have been acceptable to oppress and torture atheists. Maybe the Spanish Inquistion would have been a more suitable setting for you, but, alas, you're in this time period.

Deal with it.

But Atheists declare that their cause is not a religion. But who was it that said this. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
The Constitution gave us the right to express our civil liberties in spite of our
ideological differences. So whats with the stupid chip on your shoulder.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:54:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:37:53 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:14:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
Damn. I was hoping this was about atheists literally physically assaulting Christians with billboards.

Ah well.

Sorry, inferno, but you don't live in a theocracy, nor in a period in time when it would have been acceptable to oppress and torture atheists. Maybe the Spanish Inquistion would have been a more suitable setting for you, but, alas, you're in this time period.

Deal with it.

But Atheists declare that their cause is not a religion.

It isn't.

But who was it that said this. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

JFK

The Constitution gave us the right to express our civil liberties in spite of our
ideological differences. So whats with the stupid chip on your shoulder.

I'm not the one complaining about others expressing their civil liberties on billboards. You are.
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 4:54:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:37:53 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:14:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
Damn. I was hoping this was about atheists literally physically assaulting Christians with billboards.

Ah well.

Sorry, inferno, but you don't live in a theocracy, nor in a period in time when it would have been acceptable to oppress and torture atheists. Maybe the Spanish Inquistion would have been a more suitable setting for you, but, alas, you're in this time period.

Deal with it.

But Atheists declare that their cause is not a religion. But who was it that said this. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
The Constitution gave us the right to express our civil liberties in spite of our
ideological differences. So whats with the stupid chip on your shoulder.

Who sai atheist can't have a cause? A cause like trying to combat the religious attack on the education system, or the religious attempt to install a totalitarian religious theocracy. Did you expect Atheist to do nothing and take it bent over? Seriously tell me you aren't this ignorant :/ .. And atheism is not immune to having a religion as there are religions that don't have a personal GOD. There are also other Religions such as Pantheism to which aren't Atheist, but are the lack of a personal god. You also have Christian Atheism whom have a religion:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://christianatheist.com...

And most Atheists I know, are hard core secularists. Just because they combat religious fundamentalism and extremism doesn't mean they are anti-religion, or seeking to install an Atheist state. Atheist states are just as messed up as theocracies.. The most stable system known thus far is a secular system because it understands you can't take peoples beliefs away, ban them, or persecute them for having them ect.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:12:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 4:54:39 PM, TheJackel wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:37:53 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:14:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
Damn. I was hoping this was about atheists literally physically assaulting Christians with billboards.

Ah well.

Sorry, inferno, but you don't live in a theocracy, nor in a period in time when it would have been acceptable to oppress and torture atheists. Maybe the Spanish Inquistion would have been a more suitable setting for you, but, alas, you're in this time period.

Deal with it.

But Atheists declare that their cause is not a religion. But who was it that said this. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
The Constitution gave us the right to express our civil liberties in spite of our
ideological differences. So whats with the stupid chip on your shoulder.

Who sai atheist can't have a cause? A cause like trying to combat the religious attack on the education system, or the religious attempt to install a totalitarian religious theocracy. Did you expect Atheist to do nothing and take it bent over? Seriously tell me you aren't this ignorant :/ .. And atheism is not immune to having a religion as there are religions that don't have a personal GOD. There are also other Religions such as Pantheism to which aren't Atheist, but are the lack of a personal god. You also have Christian Atheism whom have a religion:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://christianatheist.com...

And most Atheists I know, are hard core secularists. Just because they combat religious fundamentalism and extremism doesn't mean they are anti-religion, or seeking to install an Atheist state. Atheist states are just as messed up as theocracies.. The most stable system known thus far is a secular system because it understands you can't take peoples beliefs away, ban them, or persecute them for having them ect.

Atheism is irrelvent. So why organize this. Is it for money ? If this is the case, then you are every bit part of the staus quo now. Your independence is void.
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:28:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 5:12:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:54:39 PM, TheJackel wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:37:53 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:14:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
Damn. I was hoping this was about atheists literally physically assaulting Christians with billboards.

Ah well.

Sorry, inferno, but you don't live in a theocracy, nor in a period in time when it would have been acceptable to oppress and torture atheists. Maybe the Spanish Inquistion would have been a more suitable setting for you, but, alas, you're in this time period.

Deal with it.

But Atheists declare that their cause is not a religion. But who was it that said this. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
The Constitution gave us the right to express our civil liberties in spite of our
ideological differences. So whats with the stupid chip on your shoulder.

Who sai atheist can't have a cause? A cause like trying to combat the religious attack on the education system, or the religious attempt to install a totalitarian religious theocracy. Did you expect Atheist to do nothing and take it bent over? Seriously tell me you aren't this ignorant :/ .. And atheism is not immune to having a religion as there are religions that don't have a personal GOD. There are also other Religions such as Pantheism to which aren't Atheist, but are the lack of a personal god. You also have Christian Atheism whom have a religion:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://christianatheist.com...

And most Atheists I know, are hard core secularists. Just because they combat religious fundamentalism and extremism doesn't mean they are anti-religion, or seeking to install an Atheist state. Atheist states are just as messed up as theocracies.. The most stable system known thus far is a secular system because it understands you can't take peoples beliefs away, ban them, or persecute them for having them ect.

Atheism is irrelvent. So why organize this. Is it for money ? If this is the case, then you are every bit part of the staus quo now. Your independence is void.

For protection? And no, atheism isn't "irrelevant".. However, I don't join atheist organizations. And you're making a very weak argument given the current climate in America to where the religious right are indeed trying to use Democracy to install a totalitarian religious theocracy. Hence, under such pressure, you can expect such groups to begin to form or even radicalize.. Atheists are getting more vocal and theists who want to install a theocracy are having a tantrum because they are being challenged.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:35:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 5:28:33 PM, TheJackel wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:12:39 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:54:39 PM, TheJackel wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:37:53 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 4:14:13 PM, drafterman wrote:
Damn. I was hoping this was about atheists literally physically assaulting Christians with billboards.

Ah well.

Sorry, inferno, but you don't live in a theocracy, nor in a period in time when it would have been acceptable to oppress and torture atheists. Maybe the Spanish Inquistion would have been a more suitable setting for you, but, alas, you're in this time period.

Deal with it.

But Atheists declare that their cause is not a religion. But who was it that said this. Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.
The Constitution gave us the right to express our civil liberties in spite of our
ideological differences. So whats with the stupid chip on your shoulder.

Who sai atheist can't have a cause? A cause like trying to combat the religious attack on the education system, or the religious attempt to install a totalitarian religious theocracy. Did you expect Atheist to do nothing and take it bent over? Seriously tell me you aren't this ignorant :/ .. And atheism is not immune to having a religion as there are religions that don't have a personal GOD. There are also other Religions such as Pantheism to which aren't Atheist, but are the lack of a personal god. You also have Christian Atheism whom have a religion:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://christianatheist.com...

And most Atheists I know, are hard core secularists. Just because they combat religious fundamentalism and extremism doesn't mean they are anti-religion, or seeking to install an Atheist state. Atheist states are just as messed up as theocracies.. The most stable system known thus far is a secular system because it understands you can't take peoples beliefs away, ban them, or persecute them for having them ect.

Atheism is irrelvent. So why organize this. Is it for money ? If this is the case, then you are every bit part of the staus quo now. Your independence is void.

For protection? And no, atheism isn't "irrelevant".. However, I don't join atheist organizations. And you're making a very weak argument given the current climate in America to where the religious right are indeed trying to use Democracy to install a totalitarian religious theocracy. Hence, under such pressure, you can expect such groups to begin to form or even radicalize.. Atheists are getting more vocal and theists who want to install a theocracy are having a tantrum because they are being challenged.

Yes, it is irrelevent. It is only a bunch of theoretic conglomeration of fallible
facts which have been dismissed and debunked time and time again.
Even when your own kind disagrees with you, that should account for something.
It tells me you are desperate and want to be heard because you are just as emotional about what you feel. However, it is all in vain.
Reason_Alliance
Posts: 1,283
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 5:53:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.

True. Atheism is self destructive and can never be seen worlwide as a legitimate
religion.
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 6:22:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 5:53:04 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.

True. Atheism is self destructive and can never be seen worlwide as a legitimate
religion.

Funny, I'm doing pretty damn well. I don't recall self-destructing.. Again we see the espousing of dogmatic ignorance is such above posts. But hey, whatever you need to believe to feel better about having a lack of education regarding the real world, so be it. :/ You simply have no regard for honesty or intellectual integrity.. I think this videos best suits your types of argument inferno:
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 6:25:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.

Where did they state that they were attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion?
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 6:32:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes, it is irrelevent. It is only a bunch of theoretic conglomeration of fallible
facts which have been dismissed and debunked time and time again.

A fact is not fallible.. O.o . And clearly you are getting pretty upset here and more dogmatic.. You can't even show how Atheism is "irrelevant" when clearly it has factual relevancy... What's even more amusing regarding the relevancy of atheism is that theists are walking contradictions. They are only theists when it concerns "their idea of GOD" and their Sect of it.. But they are Atheists when it comes to addressing another religion's or persons ideal or concept of GOD. It's funny to see a theist argue the irrelevancy of Atheism while the must need it to ignore other god concepts.. Makes you wonder what A christian argument is vs a Pantheist argument. Atheists have no such contradiction, and don't require theism to live a great life. So while you grovel in your idea of how atheism is irrelevant and self-destructive out of pure intellectual ignorance and lack of integrity, I will be enjoying a strawberry shake, and shopping for a new snowboard :)
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 6:38:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 6:25:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.

Where did they state that they were attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion?

They don't seem to understand the concept of "free thought".. or what a "free thinker is".. And he's wrong. All :"atheists" <-- key word here, are not divisive on the lack of belief in a god. Just reading the definition alone is all they need to do to understand the fallacy that above argument.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 9:03:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 5:53:04 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.

True. Atheism is self destructive and can never be seen worlwide as a legitimate
religion.

You are correct! Atheism isn't a religion, so of course it cannot be seen worldwide a legitimate religion.
Reason_Alliance
Posts: 1,283
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 10:52:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 6:38:31 PM, TheJackel wrote:
At 8/22/2012 6:25:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.

Where did they state that they were attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion?

They don't seem to understand the concept of "free thought".. or what a "free thinker is".. And he's wrong. All :"atheists" <-- key word here, are not divisive on the lack of belief in a god. Just reading the definition alone is all they need to do to understand the fallacy that above argument.

The context was political. Keep it in context: American Atheist Association.
Reason_Alliance
Posts: 1,283
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 10:53:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 9:03:34 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:53:04 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.

True. Atheism is self destructive and can never be seen worlwide as a legitimate
religion.

You are correct! Atheism isn't a religion, so of course it cannot be seen worldwide a legitimate religion.

I disagree with inferno. Give a working definition for religion.
Reason_Alliance
Posts: 1,283
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 10:55:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 6:38:31 PM, TheJackel wrote:
At 8/22/2012 6:25:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.

Where did they state that they were attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion?

They don't seem to understand the concept of "free thought".. or what a "free thinker is".. And he's wrong. All :"atheists" <-- key word here, are not divisive on the lack of belief in a god. Just reading the definition alone is all they need to do to understand the fallacy that above argument.

I also consider Christian thinking as free. At best atheism leaves you with a vague sense of reality, whereas the hope of Christianity leaves you with much to think about indeed.
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:55:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 10:55:18 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
At 8/22/2012 6:38:31 PM, TheJackel wrote:
At 8/22/2012 6:25:18 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.

Where did they state that they were attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion?

They don't seem to understand the concept of "free thought".. or what a "free thinker is".. And he's wrong. All :"atheists" <-- key word here, are not divisive on the lack of belief in a god. Just reading the definition alone is all they need to do to understand the fallacy that above argument.

I also consider Christian thinking as free. At best atheism leaves you with a vague sense of reality, whereas the hope of Christianity leaves you with much to think about indeed.

Firstly, a 'vague' sense of reality? Atheism embraces only reality, while theism ignorantly embraces with supernatural reality without substantiating such a reality.

Lol, 'much to think about', as long as it falls within the parameters of your 'God-centered' thought process? If anything, my personal experience in being religious left me extremely narrow-minded.
turn down for h'what
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2012 11:58:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/22/2012 5:53:04 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/22/2012 5:47:55 PM, Reason_Alliance wrote:
The whole campaign commits the fallacy of ignoratio elenchi (among many others). In attempting to prove their position as non-divisive as compared to religion, they inadvertently prove themselves to be the most divisive.

True. Atheism is self destructive and can never be seen worlwide as a legitimate
religion.

Very true, by the virtue of the fact that atheism is NOT a religion, and never can be. Religions specifically relate to the supernatural. Atheism rejects the ostensible existence of a supernatural entity or reality.
turn down for h'what