New blog: Looking for writters

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 9:54:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey guys,

I have begun a new atheist activist blog at http://reasonalliance.blogspot.com... and I would like to know if you are interested in reading and writing for me. If you are interested in contributing to the blog, please message me or post below and I can get you set up to start blogging with me.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 9:57:27 AM
Question:

What the f*ck is a writter?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 9:57:39 AM
At 8/23/2012 9:57:27 AM, imabench wrote:
Question:

What the f*ck is a writter?

just messing with ya <3
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:10:59 AM
heres a tip though, if you want to get atheists to join, give the announcement a catchier title

"ATHEISTS ASSEMBLE!!!!" > "New blog: Looking for writers"

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:44:24 AM
At 8/23/2012 10:10:59 AM, imabench wrote:

"ATHEISTS ASSEMBLE!!!!" "

Sound like a depressing catch-phrase for a Justice League spin-off.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 10:49:06 AM
At 8/23/2012 10:44:24 AM, Wnope wrote:

sorry im not well affiliated with atheist lingo :P

ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:03:28 AM
KJV-R (Webster) 1 Peter 3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupledwith fear.
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornamentof a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
TheAsylum
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 11:58:25 AM
Maybe you should rent a billboard...

Propogandists needed for a growing faith based beleif system. Come help us proselytize and grow our church using the prophecies of Saint Darwin and Saint Hitchens. Help us prey on the apathy of the masses, especially the young and impressionable, using the wisdom of Pope Dawkins and Pope Harris. Come help us find creative ways of arguing that people who do these things are irrational and uneducated, while denying that we're doing the very same things. Help us convince the world that even though we do all the things religions do, we're not a religion.

If you have the ability to suspend reason, and claim to be a voice of reason without proving or disproving anything, then come help us spread that ability to others. Join the REASON ALLIANCE!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 1:16:05 AM
At 8/23/2012 11:58:25 AM, medic0506 wrote:

Propogandists needed for a growing faith based beleif system. Come help us proselytize and grow our church using the prophecies of Saint Darwin and Saint Hitchens. Help us prey on the apathy of the masses, especially the young and impressionable, using the wisdom of Pope Dawkins and Pope Harris. Come help us find creative ways of arguing that people who do these things are irrational and uneducated, while denying that we're doing the very same things. Help us convince the world that even though we do all the things religions do, we're not a religion

Keep this up medic about atheism is a religion and you just might get challenged on it. Atheism is a religion, yeah it makes a good bumper sticker, think you can justify that ?

If you have the ability to suspend reason, and claim to be a voice of reason without proving or disproving anything, then come help us spread that ability to others. Join the REASON ALLIANCE!!!

Reason isn't just about proving or disproving, non falsifiable propositions can never be proven wrong in principle

Is the atheist to blame cause God has now being crafted in a such a way to make its existence beyond refutability or the various religious beliefs that go with it? Or can the atheist at least point out that all kinds of religions have to make an extraordinary amount of rationalizations to maintain their various religious propositions as reason for justified non belief ?

How sure are you that atheism is a religion ? or a faith ? as sure as Jesus rose from the dead ? more so ? :)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 9:15:21 PM
At 8/24/2012 1:16:05 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Propogandists needed for a growing faith based beleif system. Come help us proselytize and grow our church using the prophecies of Saint Darwin and Saint Hitchens. Help us prey on the apathy of the masses, especially the young and impressionable, using the wisdom of Pope Dawkins and Pope Harris. Come help us find creative ways of arguing that people who do these things are irrational and uneducated, while denying that we're doing the very same things. Help us convince the world that even though we do all the things religions do, we're not a religion

Keep this up medic about atheism is a religion and you just might get challenged on it. Atheism is a religion, yeah it makes a good bumper sticker, think you can justify that ?

I'm not sure how many others I could convince, but I've already justified it to my satisfaction.

Reason isn't just about proving or disproving, non falsifiable propositions can never be proven wrong in principle

That doesn't necessarily make it false though. And it's not eternally non-falsifiable. There are plenty of dead people who already know the answer, unfortunately, we don't have a way of accessing that knowledge.

Actually, what I said isn't entirely true. There are people who have come back from being dead and reported experiences that atheists and skeptics just dismiss as if it were an alien abduction story.

Is the atheist to blame cause God has now being crafted in a such a way to make its existence beyond refutability or the various religious beliefs that go with it? Or can the atheist at least point out that all kinds of religions have to make an extraordinary amount of rationalizations to maintain their various religious propositions as reason for justified non belief ?

No I wouldn't say that the atheist is to blame for the situation that exists. I don't even see them as irrational for having that non-beleif. But given how little science knows about our universe, and how inconclusive that known portion is, when they start calling us irrational and unintellectual, etc., that's when they become irrational to me, and their position becomes invalid and unsupported.

How sure are you that atheism is a religion ? or a faith ? as sure as Jesus rose from the dead ? more so ? :)

I'm quite convinced that they are a religion, and that they use faith. That said, I'll admit that there does exist a small group of atheists who aren't at all outspoken, and won't argue about God because they simply don't know for sure. To me, they are the only true atheists, and they would not fall into the category of being a religion, or having faith.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 9:19:48 PM

Propogandists needed for a growing faith based beleif system. Come help us proselytize and grow our church using the prophecies of Saint Darwin and Saint Hitchens. Help us prey on the apathy of the masses, especially the young and impressionable, using the wisdom of Pope Dawkins and Pope Harris. Come help us find creative ways of arguing that people who do these things are irrational and uneducated, while denying that we're doing the very same things. Help us convince the world that even though we do all the things religions do, we're not a religion.

ROFL...Your a hoot. +10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
TheAsylum
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 9:23:09 PM
At 8/23/2012 10:44:24 AM, Wnope wrote:

Or for a hive of atheists cuddling under Satan's sumptuous figure. ;)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau