Jump to topic:

Deism Refuted

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 12:33:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just wrote a post on Deism and why I am not a Deist at http://reasonalliance.blogspot.com...

I'd like a critique especially from one that is a Deist
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 12:42:59 PM
FYI, your mistake was that the non-cog argument only works against an omni god since the descriptors of the omnis are arguably not actual descriptions (i.e. omnipotence means no limit to power and so does not describe blah blah blah).

Read George Smith.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 3:07:22 PM
This doesn't refute Deism . . . I think many Deists would argue that we cannot and do not know what God is like since all he did was create the universe and abandon it.

Even if they don't argue it, I do, and I'm a Deist . . .
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2012 3:50:33 PM
Deism necessarily entails that we know very little about Gods character, however we still have sufficient attributes for him. All we can say is that he is very powerful, a conscious being, put the universe in motion and not personal. That is certainly enough in my opinion.

Anyways, you said deism has many flaws. I'm just curious as to what the others are as you only mentioned one.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)