Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Getting high and going to religious events.

WhiteWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 11:12:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am by no means religious. But seriously if you have the opportunity blaze some herb up, and go to preferably a Buddhist/Hindu chanting ritual or bell playing. It sends you to a new level. Cannabis only became popular in India thousands of years ago because it "enhanced the religious experience." If you smoke pot (and if you don't i'm sorry this thread is impertinent to you) you should try it out. Have any of you ever done this? Or am I the lone ranger on this one haha.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 11:13:46 PM
At 8/24/2012 11:12:04 PM, WhiteWolf wrote:
I am by no means religious. But seriously if you have the opportunity blaze some herb up, and go to preferably a Buddhist/Hindu chanting ritual or bell playing. It sends you to a new level. Cannabis only became popular in India thousands of years ago because it "enhanced the religious experience." If you smoke pot (and if you don't i'm sorry this thread is impertinent to you) you should try it out. Have any of you ever done this? Or am I the lone ranger on this one haha.

I don't smoke it, but if I ever wind up at a Hindu chanting session, then it's a safe bet that I'm on something - pot, pills, or crack.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 11:22:18 PM
*Puts Christian Hat on*

The only thing I am high on is the smoke that arises from the burning of the dammed in hell fire, as they scream in agnony in the presence of the lamb.

Note: Of course its the others that are thrown into the hell fire not me and my group

Thank you Jesus, oh the glory

*Takes Christian hat off*
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2012 11:41:50 PM
I would like your debate challenge to have the voting period at 1 month, 3 days is too short.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:20:18 AM
Lol! Well, i can't say im down to go to any Hindu gatherings, but im sure as hell down to blow sum of that Hindu green!! Lol

I do tend to speak on theology and God after a good sesh.. no credit to it, but its pretty coincidental.

90% of the time im on this sight im blown... lol
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:26:55 AM
Sounds like a waste of drugs.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:35:37 AM
At 8/24/2012 11:12:04 PM, WhiteWolf wrote:

It's good that you've gotten into such things (the rituals), but understand that cannabis is a crutch. Use it as you need it to get the effect of the religious experience, but eventually you'll find it isn't doing anything. When you are tense, it can help relax and open you, but when you are already relaxed and open, which these sessions will help you to be, you'll feel it to be just a hindrance.

At this point most people simply smoke up more. Don't bother. It won't help, nor would you need it to help any longer anyway.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 2:11:08 AM
At 8/24/2012 11:22:18 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
*Puts Christian Hat on*

The only thing I am high on is the smoke that arises from the burning of the dammed in hell fire, as they scream in agnony in the presence of the lamb.

mmmmm...I love the smell of smoked heathen in the morning.

Note: Of course its the others that are thrown into the hell fire not me and my group

Thank you Jesus, oh the glory

*Takes Christian hat off*
WhiteWolf
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 3:52:02 AM
At 8/25/2012 12:35:37 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
It's good that you've gotten into such things (the rituals), but understand that cannabis is a crutch. Use it as you need it to get the effect of the religious experience, but eventually you'll find it isn't doing anything. When you are tense, it can help relax and open you, but when you are already relaxed and open, which these sessions will help you to be, you'll feel it to be just a hindrance.

At this point most people simply smoke up more. Don't bother. It won't help, nor would you need it to help any longer anyway.

Man get out of here. People have been smoking everyday for fifty years and still get high. I have the options of hash,edibles, weed, vaprozing it, and I am not there to open up, and get mind raped by a creepy zen guy. I am there to strictly trip out. And the rig vega the first hindu text (and first modern religious text) talks about how they came out of the light because of psychoactive drugs. Quote page 48 "We have indulged Soma and become immortal; we have attained the light, the Gods discovered." Lets be honest here Shamans, and many smaller sectors of Abrahamic religions use heavy psychoactive drugs to "connect with god" (if you believe) So TAKE DRUGS ALL YOU CHILDREN READING THIS. haha
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 4:04:14 AM
At 8/25/2012 3:52:02 AM, WhiteWolf wrote:
At 8/25/2012 12:35:37 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

Man get out of here. People have been smoking everyday for fifty years and still get high. I have the options of hash,edibles, weed, vaprozing it, and I am not there to open up, and get mind raped by a creepy zen guy. I am there to strictly trip out. And the rig vega the first hindu text (and first modern religious text) talks about how they came out of the light because of psychoactive drugs. Quote page 48 "We have indulged Soma and become immortal; we have attained the light, the Gods discovered." Lets be honest here Shamans, and many smaller sectors of Abrahamic religions use heavy psychoactive drugs to "connect with god" (if you believe) So TAKE DRUGS ALL YOU CHILDREN READING THIS. haha

Suit yourself, but you are both grossly overcomplicating and oversimplifying the matter if you think drugs are the only way, or even a way at all, to attain enlightenment.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.