Jump to topic:

Demon Possessions

SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 10:11:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What is your stance on demon possessions? Have you ever heard of a demon possession that happened near you? Do you believe in them at all?

Thoughts? Please discuss.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 10:12:44 AM
At 8/25/2012 10:11:12 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
What is your stance on demon possessions? Have you ever heard of a demon possession that happened near you? Do you believe in them at all?

I thought I saw it 1 time, but it was bath salts instead.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 10:13:58 AM
At 8/25/2012 10:12:44 AM, annanicole wrote:

Do you believe they happen?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 10:30:53 AM
At 8/25/2012 10:13:58 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

Course not. I dont believe that demon nor deity can personally, literally occupy anyone today. I believe it was an occasional occurrance from the 1st century backwards.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 10:32:19 AM
At 8/25/2012 10:30:53 AM, annanicole wrote:
At 8/25/2012 10:13:58 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:

Course not. I dont believe that demon nor deity can personally, literally occupy anyone today. I believe it was an occasional occurrance from the 1st century backwards.

Delete the "can" from "can personally." I believe God could do so, but I do not believe that He does.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 10:33:02 AM
Lol, oh yeah..

I saw a bootleg exorcism in Hawaii; they like included all their cultural beliefs in all the prayers nd stuff.. really weird sh*t. Crazy noises all over the house, body transference (yes, it was jumpin from person to person).

Me nd my dad were the only Christians there, nd u could tell that they hated us lmao.. maybe it was an atheist spirit! Jk..
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 10:44:36 AM
At 8/25/2012 10:33:02 AM, Paradox_7 wrote:
Lol, oh yeah..

I saw a bootleg exorcism in Hawaii; they like included all their cultural beliefs in all the prayers nd stuff.. really weird sh*t. Crazy noises all over the house, body transference (yes, it was jumpin from person to person).

Me nd my dad were the only Christians there, nd u could tell that they hated us lmao.. maybe it was an atheist spirit! Jk..

Hahah, rofl. Did they defeat the mighty demon? :P
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 10:51:45 AM

Everyone who knows my ex-wife and her mother beleive in demonic possession.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:59:11 PM
Lol, oh yeah..

Of course demons exist. Would you want to experience one? You may not realize it. If you havent or dont be happy about it.
TheAsylum
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 12:59:44 PM
At 8/25/2012 10:44:36 AM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Lol, oh yeah..

Hahah, rofl. Did they defeat the mighty demon? :P

Well the thing is, I'm not sure they thought it was a demon..

There was like 4-5 older ladies; all of them auntie's (in hawaii everyone older woman is called auntie, these ladies i was related too tho). Each of them claimed to have a certain gift; 1 could sense where the spirit was, 1 could restrain the spirit, 1 could talk to the spirit, etc etc.. pretty freaky sh*t, i wasn't prepared for it at all..lol

I can't recall the name of these spirits (something like Maakoa, or amakoa), but they are supposed to be the spirits of old hawaiians (samoans, tahitians, tongans,etc), or animals (water animals primarily). They did believe in bad spirits, but they were more bad because of their pupose, not because they were evil..

Overall, it was real, it was a spirit, but these people just looked rediculous trying to handle it and communicate with it.. I was trying my hardest not to laugh the entire time.

They would pray and try to like, welcome it into this big circle of people.. it was nutz!

So, yes i deffinately believe in demonic possession, I just think it happens for more often then people realize...

You gotta imagine, if you are dealing with a demon, this f*cker must have been around for a loooong effin time.. He's not a jack@ss, he's probably extraordinarily smart, and experienced. It would contribute to his mission, if he came as something attractive, not as a flailing monster.

The spirit of an animal or an ancestor, would be a perfect scheme to pull on those people; just like they would figure out the best way to get anyone they had their eyes on.. even the elect get f*cked with-- not sure they can be possesed though.
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:04:28 PM
At 8/25/2012 1:02:11 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I do beleive possession is possible, but I don't beleive that it manifests in the typical hollywood fashion.

Yes its much scarier and more suddle. It could even be as paradox said welcome unknowing of what it really is.
TheAsylum
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:10:31 PM
Come to think of it, I may have been "possessed" once, or at least it looked like it. It was when I was a lil' kid who believed in God and stuff. Then at once, I began acting totally anti-theistic, throwing the bible around and asking God to show his face to me... quite literally. After a few days, it just disappeared, and I was all like "WTF, was that me?" It's not the usual description of a demon possession, but it may well be one. :P
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:12:08 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in demon possessions, I'm not even spiritual. Just saying this might count as one...
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:17:15 PM
At 8/25/2012 1:12:08 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in demon possessions, I'm not even spiritual. Just saying this might count as one...

Lol, I'm still trying to make sense of this.. So you think you were possessed, but you don't believe in possessions?

Or are you simply implying, that it's more likely that people experiencing 'demonic' possession, are experiencing what you went through? or similar?
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:19:39 PM

I believe there is a literal another world that is spiritual unknown to unless you tap into either through the Holy Ghost or demons. Now the thing you talk about is real too, because if these things have thier own realm and this is a physical one to be here they must be in a physical body to stay other wise there time is limited here and they go back. As in supposed UFO sitings, those are demons without physical form in the sky. Now ships I think are governement tricking people because they are seduced by these spirits in whatever way and creating a UFO delima. Just saying in your case I think a demon was tugging at biut unable to enter you and was forced to leave. Good but your always aceptable to attack as that without Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. The whole point.
TheAsylum
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:22:55 PM
I kinda think that if you were actually possessed by demonic spirits, that you wouldn't even be able to remember anything about it. Seems like the spirit would have to totally supress your own spirit in order to take over, thus you'd have no ability to know or remember anything. You'd just wake up with a period of time that you can't account for.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud here.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:24:05 PM
You guys have got to read this.. 'UFO's and the Christian World view'.

This guy makes an interesting case for UFO's and ET's being real-- yes he talks about demons.

check it out! Has a few arguments attached as well, give it a read, you won't be disappointed.

http://www.jeffersonscott.com...
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:27:51 PM
At 8/25/2012 1:22:55 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I kinda think that if you were actually possessed by demonic spirits, that you wouldn't even be able to remember anything about it. Seems like the spirit would have to totally supress your own spirit in order to take over, thus you'd have no ability to know or remember anything. You'd just wake up with a period of time that you can't account for.

I agree here with Medic and then I disagree. I think some people have allowed a reason or way for spirits to hold on to them and these people lose time if they are physically pocessed. But I also know people and heard mostly of people who knew they were and was aware of what was going on but was supressed and the demon was in control. Some are fighting them. Some like Sarcastic just was brazed by a demon and wasnt pocessed but was able to reconize the presence which isnt good.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:29:27 PM
At 8/25/2012 1:27:51 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

I agree here with Medic and then I disagree. I think some people have allowed a reason or way for spirits to hold on to them and these people lose time if they are physically pocessed. But I also know people and heard mostly of people who knew they were and was aware of what was going on but was supressed and the demon was in control. Some are fighting them. Some like Sarcastic just was brazed by a demon and wasnt pocessed but was able to reconize the presence which isnt good.

Satan roars like a Lion looking for whom He may devour.
TheAsylum
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:40:59 PM

Can apply occams razor, invisible persons who can every now and then take over some ones body and use them like a puppet probably don't exist.

1) Requires the existence of the supernatural
2) Even if the supernatural exists doesn't mean that such things can interact in our world
3) Even if there are supernatural agents that exist and interact with our world doesn't mean they can "possess" bodies and take them over like a puppet

Supernatural of the gaps, something happens, don't understand, therefore God or supernatural. Eg Epilepsy in time past was considered by some to be because that person was being possessed by a demon/supernatural person.

We haven't caught/detected any demons yet, now sure maybe they are really really good at hiding and evading detection then again, maybe they are not there. Of course the demon hypothesis like God is constructed in such a way that you can never prove it false, its alot more fun and interesting to claim demon possession than refer to psychological, biological, societal etc etc causes.

Yeah it would be all fun and games, but next thing you know a child is burnt at the stake/drowned/beaten to death/chained up for being in possession of a demon. Maybe it was volitare who said............if we believe absurdities then we will commit atrocities.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:47:44 PM

I agree that some people do willfully open themselves up for spirits to enter, but even in these cases the demonic spirit has to have complete control or else it can't be said that they possess that person.

If we're playing basketball and you have the ball, you have possession. Now if I grab it, and we're fighting over it, neither of us can claim possession. Before I can claim possession, I have to completely take it away from you, to the point where you have absolutely 0 control or effect on what is happening with the ball. Seems like that same principle would apply to possession of the spirit and body.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:48:12 PM
Wow, I just typed this massive post, and when i pressed review, it brought me back to the log in page.. why does it effin do that??

At any rate, I had a similar situation when i was with an old g/f of mine in my living room.. just got all angry out of no where (we were talking about church tho), I felt like everything got a little dark and I was about to fall-- like inside my own body (wierd).

Ended up blackin out for a minute or so.. When i came to my senses, i was alone, and my front door was wide open (hahah); she ran home!!

The other most significant experience i had, though i don't like to base to much off these types of experience, was similar to what some would call 'alien abduction' (lol, i know, i know).

Of course that's not what it was, but sh*t went down in that room.. and it changed my life.

Once again, check the site out.. http://www.jeffersonscott.com...

I watched paul, so I get that some crazy hick might share a common opinion on the matter, but the 'Aliens are Demons' argument is pretty interesting on this site.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:50:31 PM
At 8/25/2012 1:40:59 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Can apply occams razor, invisible persons who can every now and then take over some ones body and use them like a puppet probably don't exist.

2) Even if the supernatural exists doesn't mean that such things can interact in our world
3) Even if there are supernatural agents that exist and interact with our world doesn't mean they can "possess" bodies and take them over like a puppet

Supernatural of the gaps, something happens, don't understand, therefore God or supernatural. Eg Epilepsy in time past was considered by some to be because that person was being possessed by a demon/supernatural person.

We haven't caught/detected any demons yet, now sure maybe they are really really good at hiding and evading detection then again, maybe they are not there. Of course the demon hypothesis like God is constructed in such a way that you can never prove it false, its alot more fun and interesting to claim demon possession than refer to psychological, biological, societal etc etc causes.

Yeah it would be all fun and games, but next thing you know a child is burnt at the stake/drowned/beaten to death/chained up for being in possession of a demon. Maybe it was volitare who said............if we believe absurdities then we will commit atrocities.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net...
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:51:55 PM
At 8/25/2012 1:17:15 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

Lol, I'm still trying to make sense of this.. So you think you were possessed, but you don't believe in possessions?

Or are you simply implying, that it's more likely that people experiencing 'demonic' possession, are experiencing what you went through? or similar?

Nah, I'm just saying that I have gone through what people might describe a "demonic possession". I don't believe it was really a demon controlling me.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:52:22 PM
At 8/25/2012 1:40:59 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Apply all the reason to physical means you like doesnt mean you know any better.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:53:49 PM
At 8/25/2012 1:47:44 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I agree that some people do willfully open themselves up for spirits to enter, but even in these cases the demonic spirit has to have complete control or else it can't be said that they possess that person.

If we're playing basketball and you have the ball, you have possession. Now if I grab it, and we're fighting over it, neither of us can claim possession. Before I can claim possession, I have to completely take it away from you, to the point where you have absolutely 0 control or effect on what is happening with the ball. Seems like that same principle would apply to possession of the spirit and body.

I can agree with that. The demon has not got pocession but is around never the less.
TheAsylum
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2012 1:57:17 PM

I don't remember feeling foreign during the weird time. I was really acting on my will, or so it seemed (Can a demon make you think you are doing what you want to do even if you don't?) It was only later I wondered if I did all those things. But similar cases happen throughout my life. I don't know if I should classify this as something extremely out of the ordinary.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac