Jump to topic:

So who has prayed for Lucifer?

Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 2:10:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Don't misunderstand, I am not asking who has prayed TO Luficer, no, that's Devil Worship apparantely. No, I am asking who here has prayed FOR Luficer?

You know, he's been in hell longer than any other human being, to the point where he's in charge of the place by default, and I imagine experiencing hell is a lot worse if you're used to an existence of peace and bliss like the one in heaven.

So really, the one being in exisence who needs prayer more than anything is Luficer himself. Also, let's be honest, what better way to piss the guy off than to pray for him?

So who here has prayed for Lucifer?
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 3:04:44 PM
At 8/26/2012 2:10:51 PM, Veridas wrote:
Don't misunderstand, I am not asking who has prayed TO Luficer, no, that's Devil Worship apparantely. No, I am asking who here has prayed FOR Luficer?

You know, he's been in hell longer than any other human being, to the point where he's in charge of the place by default, and I imagine experiencing hell is a lot worse if you're used to an existence of peace and bliss like the one in heaven.

So really, the one being in exisence who needs prayer more than anything is Luficer himself. Also, let's be honest, what better way to piss the guy off than to pray for him?

Considering his judgement has been set(yours hasnt)by no other cause of his own, it is pointless. But we can do such things not for pissing beings off just because we should.
TheAsylum
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 3:14:06 PM
I pity the man. After all, he did free Adam and Eve from their thoughtslave status and gave humanity critical thinking, which is god's eyes is clearly bad because he's a petty and narcissistic jerk. As well, he only killed people who were bad, whereas god pretty much wiped out everybody.

Inb4 scotty with incoherent reply about how I'm an idiot.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 4:20:16 PM
Nowhere in scripture does it say anything about Satan or demons being in hell or ruling over it. That's Catholic mythology.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 4:24:50 PM
At 8/26/2012 4:20:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Nowhere in scripture does it say anything about Satan or demons being in hell or ruling over it. That's Catholic mythology.

Very true, They are ruling this earth as we speak.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 4:25:44 PM
At 8/26/2012 3:14:06 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
I pity the man. After all, he did free Adam and Eve from their thoughtslave status and gave humanity critical thinking, which is god's eyes is clearly bad because he's a petty and narcissistic jerk. As well, he only killed people who were bad, whereas god pretty much wiped out everybody.

Thanks you said it yourself.
TheAsylum
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 6:32:31 PM

psst

pssst

hey

Hey, you!

Listen

Hey

Listen

Shut up

You're totally gonna ruin it.

Hey

Hey

Listen

Shut up.

Seriously.

Don't you get it?

Exposing inherent hypocrisy in christian dogma right here.

Seriously.

Ix Nay.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 6:45:46 PM
I actually think the devil is a pretty good guy. He gave humans freewill and never caused a genocide. I think the devil probably prays for people. People blame stuff on the devil all the time without evidence, and always praise God. I think the devil is kinda like the Batman in that...

"he's the hero the world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 7:15:15 PM
Sure, assuming he's a discrete, individual, personal being - presumably he'd be included in the "all things" that are/will be reconciled to Christ.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 7:15:57 PM
At 8/26/2012 6:32:31 PM, Veridas wrote:

What inherent hypocrisy would that be?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 7:17:34 PM

Cool question, and the point that I think you're getting at seems valid. Honestly, in all these years I've never even given consideration to praying for Lucifer, the thought never crossed my mind.

.5 points to Veridas.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 7:23:38 PM

Yes, he did free man from thoughtslavery and God's atrocities do heavily outweigh Lucifer's. What I think is really admirable about the guy is that God has billions of people convinced that Lucifer is the bad guy, and instead of speaking out against God and maybe delivering a message to mankind from his point of view, he doesn't seem to be trashing God at all.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 7:40:32 PM
At 8/26/2012 7:23:38 PM, jat93 wrote:

Yes, he did free man from thoughtslavery and God's atrocities do heavily outweigh Lucifer's. What I think is really admirable about the guy is that God has billions of people convinced that Lucifer is the bad guy, and instead of speaking out against God and maybe delivering a message to mankind from his point of view, he doesn't seem to be trashing God at all.

He can't hurt God by trashing Him himself, it's much more of an insult if he uses God's own creation to do it for him. It's a much more awesome display of his perceived power when he can convince people to do his dirty work for him.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 7:49:10 PM

psst

pssst

hey

Hey, you!

Listen

Hey

Listen

Shut up

Hey

Hey

Listen

Shut up.

Seriously.

Don't you get it?

Seriously.

Ix Nay.

You got your 2 minutes of attention let the next guy have his.
TheAsylum
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 8:42:49 PM
At 8/26/2012 7:49:10 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

psst

pssst

hey

Hey, you!

Listen

Hey

Listen

Shut up

Hey

Hey

Listen

Shut up.

Seriously.

Don't you get it?

Seriously.

Ix Nay.

You got your 2 minutes of attention let the next guy have his.

lol
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 9:00:25 PM
At 8/26/2012 7:23:38 PM, jat93 wrote:

Lucifer- the Jew of the Divine World.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2012 3:44:06 PM
At 8/26/2012 7:15:57 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

What inherent hypocrisy would that be?

The idea of goodness and benevolence of being...except to the only creature labelled as evil by God.

I mean, people pray for friends and relatives in hospital all the time, and from my own days in church I recall several occasions where "friends of the church" had recently passed away, and Father John, the Bishop there, lead the congregation in prayer for the deceased's family.

Basically, prayer seems to be a theoretically multi-purpose thing, and you apparantely -can- pray to ease someone's suffering

So the most obvious creature in the universe, at least insofar as Christian dogma is concerned, to pray for would be Lucifer. Yet, the fact that this seems to be a new idea to this forum speaks volumes about it's absence in the theological world.

Benevolence and goodwill, unless we don't like you. Pretty soundly contradicts the whole "turn the other cheek" thang that the J-man preached like a boss pimp.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2012 1:36:38 PM

Veridas You are most wrong!!!
Satan has already been judged. He is 100% chock full of HATE!!!
He HATES you!!

Satan has NO Hope or LOVE all he has is Faith ALONE!

Dogknox
Angry_Bird
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 1:26:15 PM

--------------0o----
You have made an all too common error and related a Latin name Lucifer to mean Satan (mentioned once in scripture. Isa_14:)

http://www.seraphim.com...
--------------0o----