Jump to topic:

If Satan didnt exist.....

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 9:42:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If Satan didnt exist would God blow his brains out from boredom or what? what role does Satan have exactly because im confused as hell right now
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 9:47:20 PM
At 8/26/2012 9:42:07 PM, imabench wrote:
If Satan didnt exist would God blow his brains out from boredom or what? what role does Satan have exactly because im confused as hell right now

Satan acts as the bad guy in the story, nothing more.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 9:50:06 PM
If Satan didnt exist would God blow his brains out from boredom or what?

Nah.
kfc
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 9:53:01 PM
At 8/26/2012 9:47:20 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Satan acts as the bad guy in the story, nothing more.

This.
All religious belief constructs are psychological metaphors.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 10:10:00 PM
Dark knight de ja vu
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 10:43:30 PM

Satan's role is whatever you allow it to be.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 10:46:57 PM
At 8/26/2012 10:43:30 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Sounds like your mom.

*ZING*
kfc
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 10:49:19 PM

He is such a whore :F
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:09:24 PM
At 8/26/2012 10:46:57 PM, Koopin wrote:

Sounds like your mom.

*ZING*

My mom died in 99. A slow, painful death, wasting away from ovarian cancer. I had to watch her every day just getting worse and worse, and suffering for so long. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH MOMMY I MISS YOU
WAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA

Thanks Koop now I'm reliving the psychological trauma all over again.
RationalMadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:33:20 PM
Lucifer is just another name for Satan, who as head of the evil world-system is the real, though invisible, power behind the successive rulers of Tyre, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, and all of those evil rulers that we have seen come and go in the history of the world. This passage goes beyond human history and marks the beginning of sin in the universe and the very fall of Satan in the pristine, sinless spheres before the creation of man.

We also see this same motif in Ezekiel: "Moreover the word of the LORD came to me: Mortal, raise a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say to him, Thus says the Lord GOD: You were the signet of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering, carnelian, chrysolite, and moonstone, beryl, onyx, and jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and emerald; and worked in gold were your settings and your engravings. On the day that you were created they were prepared. With an anointed cherub as guardian I placed you; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked among the stones of fire. You were blameless in your ways from the day that you were created, until iniquity was found in you. In the abundance of your trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned; so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God, and the guardian cherub drove you out from among the stones of fire. Your heart was proud because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor. I cast you to the ground; I exposed you before kings, to feast their eyes on you. By the multitude of your iniquities, in the unrighteousness of your trade, you profaned your sanctuaries. So I brought out fire from within you; it consumed you, and I turned you to ashes on the earth in the sight of all who saw you. All who know you among the peoples are appalled at you; you have come to a dreadful end and shall be no more forever" (Ezekiel 28:11-19, NIV).

This passage seems to be addressed to the "king of Tyre." In reality, it goes beyond the king to the one who is behind the evil king of Tyre. This passage also has near and far prophecy about Lucifer/Satan because although his final end is already sure, it has not happened yet and it occurs after the final judgment (Revelation 20:7-10). In both the Isaiah passage and the Ezekiel passage, the representation is not of Lucifer/Satan as confined to his own person but his working in and the consummating of his plans through earthly kings and rulers who take to themselves divine honors and who, whether they actually know this or not, rule in the spirit and under the aims of Satan. "For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12, NIV). Satan is the principality behind the powers of this corrupt world system.

Notice the statement that is given in the passage in Ezekiel, "the anointed cherub." These statements could never apply to a human king but, they do apply to Lucifer/Satan who is behind the human king. This angel is the highest creature the LORD ever created. The LORD says of him, "You were the seal of perfection, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty." Satan was the wisest creature God ever created. No other angel, no other being was created with the intelligence that God gave to this creature. God says that this creation is "perfect in beauty." Apart from the Holy Trinity; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, this creature is today the highest being.

In verse Ezekiel 28:14 it says, "You were the anointed Cherub." This tells us we are not talking about a human king. The word cherub is singular for cherubim. The cherubim are symbolic of God's Holy presence and His unapproachable majesty. These cherubim occupy a unique position. The "anointed cherub who covers" is the picture given to us in the Garden of Eden after Adam and Eve had been sent out and God had placed cherubim to guard the way of the tree of life. Also, when Moses made the mercy seat and placed it into the tabernacle's Holy of Holies, God's glory came and dwelt between the cherubim. They "covered" the mercy seat with their wings. So we now see that Satan was a cherub and his position was to guard the very throne of God. His position was that of protecting the holiness of God. Satan had the highest of all positions, a position which he despised and lost. We have here in Ezekiel a picture of the highest of God's creatures, perfect in wisdom, beautiful beyond description, a musician and on top of all that, he was given this high, exalted position. But, this creation, with all of these wonderful attributes also had a free will. One day, God says to this marvelous creature, "Iniquity was found in you."

Story of Lucifer – His Status
What kind of iniquity was found of him? In the book of Ezekiel, God has let us stand with Him at the very beginning, to see the origin and the creation of Satan. But, why does God say this? What is this iniquity? We must look back to Isaiah 14:12, which tells us of Lucifer/Satan's choice. "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit on the mount of assembly on the heights of Zaphon; I will ascend to the tops of the clouds, I will make myself like the Most High." Did you notice in this passage all of the "I wills. " He said he would exalt his throne above the stars of God. The word "stars" here does not refer to what we see in the night sky. It refers to the angels of God. In other words, "I will take over heaven, I will be God." That is Lucifer/Satan's sin and that is the iniquity that was found in him. He does not want to be God's servant. He does not want to do what he was created to do. He wants to be served and there are millions who have chosen to do just that; serve him. They have listened to his lies and chosen to follow him. Eve believed the lie that she would be like God. The reason Lucifer/Satan tempted her with that was because it is the very thing that he wants -- to be God.

Source: http://www.allaboutgod.com...
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:44:03 PM
At 8/26/2012 11:09:24 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Sounds like your mom.

*ZING*

My mom died in 99. A slow, painful death, wasting away from ovarian cancer. I had to watch her every day just getting worse and worse, and suffering for so long. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH MOMMY I MISS YOU
WAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
kfc
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2012 11:48:47 PM

Sounds like your mom.

*ZING*

WAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA

Sounds like your mom let Satan develop Ovarian Cancer within her.

Pity.
turn down for h'what
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:06:14 AM

TheAsylum
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:48:53 AM

The Fool: Just some where TO Put he excuse of why there is evil in the world.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:49:43 AM

Sounds like your mom.

*ZING*

WAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA

The Fool: Not Cool! On any level
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:51:59 AM
The Fool: Oh I forget. ITs also an excuse of WHY GOD WOULD ALLOW THERE TO BE SUCH A PLACE AS HELL in the first place. Which is seems he cant help put send us there.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 6:33:40 PM

Satan is a scapegoat for God's mistakes.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:53:10 PM
At 8/26/2012 11:48:47 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

Sounds like your mom.

*ZING*

WAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA

Pity.

I was just messing with Koopin, but for that comment, you sir, suck big green turtle peckers.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 4:06:09 AM
At 8/26/2012 11:33:20 PM, RationalMadman wrote:
Lucifer is just another name for Satan,

The irony for those who believe that "Lucifer" refers to Satan is that the same title ('morning star' or 'light-bearer') is used to refer to Jesus, in 2 Peter 1:19, where the Greek text has exactly the same term: 'phos-phoros' 'light-bearer.' This is also the term used for Jesus in Revelation 22:16.

So accordingly Satan/Lucifer = Story book jesus!

Next!
CarlosMarti123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 2:09:49 PM
At 8/26/2012 11:48:47 PM, Aaronroy wrote:

Pity.

Not funny at all.

At 8/28/2012 4:06:09 AM, Composer wrote:
At 8/26/2012 11:33:20 PM, RationalMadman wrote:
Lucifer is just another name for Satan,

The irony for those who believe that "Lucifer" refers to Satan is that the same title ('morning star' or 'light-bearer') is used to refer to Jesus, in 2 Peter 1:19, where the Greek text has exactly the same term: 'phos-phoros' 'light-bearer.' This is also the term used for Jesus in Revelation 22:16.

So accordingly Satan/Lucifer = Story book jesus!

Next!

Right... and since the title 'Iron Lady' referred both to Golda Meir and Margaret Thatcher, then Golda Meir = Margaret Thatcher! No, Composer, really!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2012 7:29:24 PM
At 8/28/2012 2:09:49 PM, CarlosMarti123 wrote:
Composer, really!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Yes really!

Next!
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 5:00:56 PM
If God and Satan both exist, God is just as evil. He allows Satan to exist, when he has the power to end him. Which is, just another reason I'm not a Christian.
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 5:05:50 PM

He's just a fallen angel.

Doesn't like his destiny, and is gonna have as much fun as possible in the mean time.

f*ck em..
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:24:27 PM
At 8/31/2012 5:05:50 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:

He's just a fallen angel.

Doesn't like his destiny, and is gonna have as much fun as possible in the mean time.

f*ck em..

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: I have two Story book bible versions that make absolutely NO mention of the term ' Satan ' in their narrative (i.e. YLT & E. Diaglott) so where oh where did this alleged Satan go? LOL!

I already also proved that Story books that do use the term ' Satan ' then they also show the greatest Satan of all in their narrative = Story book god itself!

Next!
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 6:32:29 PM
Has anyone done the IP check to see if inferno and composer are the same person yet?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2012 7:01:49 PM
At 8/31/2012 6:32:29 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Has anyone done the IP check to see if inferno and composer are the same person yet?

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: IF it hasn't been done, then please do so asap, then hopefully that will silence idiots like Stephen_Hawkins from their mindless ramblings!

Next!
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2016 1:49:16 PM
Posted: 11 months ago

Satan has the role of keeping people in the religion. All cults create a common outside enemy to keep people afraid of leaving and to bond them. Recruiting people to a cause is surprisingly easy, but keeping them around is hard, without a common enemy, as well as a few other psychological tricks, examples include love Bombing people to make them feel like family, and building deep connections that they will be forced to lose if they leave the religion.