Jump to topic:

Only Christians need apply

ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:28:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
(NOTE):If you are not Christian then this topic has no real concern for you and most likely your comment(unless fruitful)will be ignored.

Hello my fellow Christians, I have a story to tell and a opinion to ask. I appreciate your thoughts.

I was saved when I was very young at 8 years old. Just after I was baptized in the church. Now I havent always lived a strong Christian life style and in fact do not fully now(though I improve day by day). I have had many troubles that have been brought upon myself by no other reason but myself. In the last few years I have had a heavy weight of the Holy Ghost working in me and hence the passion I display here(both good and bad). I have had the Spirit working in me to read, learn, study and to just findout what the world is working for. My search has lead me to seeing the things in my Bible coming and true and have always been true. The state of the world today displays this, more so than in the past and most likely more so in the future. Over a year ago I met a really good woman that I love. I am still with her and the picture you see on my profile is her son. I think of him as my own and he calls me dad(sometimes, lol). He has never had a dad and never even met his real one. I have never been married nor my girlfriend. I thought for a long time I would never. Though I have settled that and asked to be my wife and she has accepted. This would benefit us both in the Lord. She herself believes and been baptized. I feel it is right. We will get married soon and before we get married I have requested we both get re-baptized in a lake as Jesus did. Not to be like Jesus oer say but because my uncles church(which he pastor's)does it that way. I still think its awesome to do as my Lord did though. There have been many pastors in my family and why sometimes I feel a burden Im leaving ot rejecting to do teaching of the Word myself. The reason I want to be re-baptized is because I think to be right and pure in marriage, we should cleanse ourselves with a new pledge to Jesus through baptism. I havent been baptized as a adult. I think it will help us tons on top of actually getting married. What do you think?
TheAsylum
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 2:53:06 AM
The Fool: [COMMENT REMOVED FOR LACK OF CHRlSTlANlTY]
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 4:03:30 AM
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:17:46 AM
I don't technically qualify for your posting requirements. Never less, congrats on soon to be marital status and with finding passion in life. My opinion is that your baptism renewal is a very good idea. Although keep in mind, it does not purify you unless you believe in a "born again" doctrine. In that case it the preceding baptism is not a true baptism. I digress.

If you really want to be pure and enter your marriage cleanly then do a confession and confess your sins. That is the only way you will get more pure as you have already been baptized. With that said renewals are a great way to show you remain committed. I think it is a very good symbol of your commitment of faith.

PS. Don't blame the holy spirit for getting you fired up and causing you to sin.

See, even though I don't fit the posting requirements I can be reasonable and maybe even point out a good perspective.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 9:40:02 AM
At 8/27/2012 9:17:46 AM, slo1 wrote:
I don't technically qualify for your posting requirements. Never less, congrats on soon to be marital status and with finding passion in life. My opinion is that your baptism renewal is a very good idea. Although keep in mind, it does not purify you unless you believe in a "born again" doctrine. In that case it the preceding baptism is not a true baptism. I digress.

If you really want to be pure and enter your marriage cleanly then do a confession and confess your sins. That is the only way you will get more pure as you have already been baptized. With that said renewals are a great way to show you remain committed. I think it is a very good symbol of your commitment of faith.

PS. Don't blame the holy spirit for getting you fired up and causing you to sin.

See, even though I don't fit the posting requirements I can be reasonable and maybe even point out a good perspective.

You comments most diffently apply. I thank you for your reply. I agree with what you said. I think prayer and baptism both is good. I do want to be re-baptized because I think and feel I should. In no way am I claiming the Holy Ghost influences bad things I do, I do. Though thank you for your reply, it means alot.
TheAsylum
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 10:18:37 AM
ScottyD, Congratulations on your future marriage, and I hope that you'll continue to lead your family in the direction of the Lord. It's great that you opened your heart up to that little boy. He's a handsome guy, and I think you'll be a great dad, and role model for him. Even if he doesn't call you dad all the time, I guarantee that in his mind, you ARE his dad.

As for the baptism, I personally don't beleive that it's something that is crucial to get into Heaven, however, if the Spirit is moving you to do it then please follow that conviction, no matter what anyone else says. I think that baptism as husband and wife would be a great thing, and give you a special bond that will bless your marriage. There is no down side at all to doing it.

Best wishes to you, and I pray that the Lord will continue to guide you and your family.

Now, enough of this seriousness. There's atheist sniping to be done...lol
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 10:22:12 AM
At 8/27/2012 10:18:37 AM, medic0506 wrote:
ScottyD, Congratulations on your future marriage, and I hope that you'll continue to lead your family in the direction of the Lord. It's great that you opened your heart up to that little boy. He's a handsome guy, and I think you'll be a great dad, and role model for him. Even if he doesn't call you dad all the time, I guarantee that in his mind, you ARE his dad.

As for the baptism, I personally don't beleive that it's something that is crucial to get into Heaven, however, if the Spirit is moving you to do it then please follow that conviction, no matter what anyone else says. I think that baptism as husband and wife would be a great thing, and give you a special bond that will bless your marriage. There is no down side at all to doing it.

Best wishes to you, and I pray that the Lord will continue to guide you and your family.

Now, enough of this seriousness. There's atheist sniping to be done...lol

What can I say to that but give my greatest gratitude and thanks. God Bless you and yours. Your the man Medic. Snipe away.
TheAsylum
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 10:26:28 AM
At 8/27/2012 10:23:32 AM, Koopin wrote:
This thread is gonna be trolled in 3...2....1

It has been..KOOP. Your thoughts would be nice.
TheAsylum
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 10:38:18 AM

lol...I knew as soon as I read the OP that some of the wretched heathens on this forum were just salivating.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 10:58:26 AM
[COMMENT REMOVED FOR BEING A DIRTY ATHEIST!] - Your awesome moderator, AV1611
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 11:00:21 AM
Over a year ago? Your son is at least 2-3. Wtf?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 11:05:16 AM
At 8/27/2012 11:00:21 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

I'll be very nice here and respond, because it could be a mistake. Read it again. Plus I didnt say no atheist or anyone but Christians could respond. Christians know where Im coming from more but anyone with fruitful comment will be accepted. By any means Lordknuckle you misread the OP.
TheAsylum
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 11:11:06 AM
At 8/27/2012 11:05:16 AM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

I'll be very nice here and respond, because it could be a mistake. Read it again. Plus I didnt say no atheist or anyone but Christians could respond. Christians know where Im coming from more but anyone with fruitful comment will be accepted. By any means Lordknuckle you misread the OP.

I'm just trying to piece together the timeline- it doesn't seem right. If what you said is correct, then there is virtually no way he can be her son.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 11:29:14 AM
At 8/27/2012 11:11:06 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

I'm just trying to piece together the timeline- it doesn't seem right. If what you said is correct, then there is virtually no way he can be her son.

There is no helping you then.
TheAsylum
JennsLaw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 11:37:08 AM

My son was born in 2006...I started dating Scotty in August of 2011...
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 11:43:47 AM
At 8/27/2012 10:38:18 AM, medic0506 wrote:

lol...I knew as soon as I read the OP that some of the wretched heathens on this forum were just salivating.

BTW, Koop, I wasn't calling you one of the wretched heathens.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 11:50:02 AM

He is not the biological father of the child, even though he is his daddy. Make sense??

Why would you need a timeline, anyway?? Are atheists really that untrusting of people who claim to be Christian??
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:47:15 PM
Chapter 29
Baptism
1. Baptism is an ordinance of the New Testament, ordained by Jesus Christ, to be to the person who is baptized - a sign of his fellowship with Christ in His death and resurrection; of his being engrafted into Christ;
*Romans 6:3-5 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ
were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into
death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
*Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him
through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
*Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on
Christ.
of remission of sins;
* Mark 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance
for the remission of sins.
* Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy
sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
and of that person's giving up of himself to God, through Jesus Christ, to live and walk in newness of life.
*Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as
Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also
should walk in newness of life.

2. Those who actuallyprofess repentance towards God, faith in, and obedience to,our Lord Jesus Christ, are the only proper subjects for this ordinance.
* Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
* Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the
eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
* Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
* Acts 2:41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day
there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
* Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
* Acts 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

3. The outward element to be used in this ordinance is water, in which the person is to be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
* Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
* Acts 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

4. Immersion - the dipping of the person in water - is necessary for the due
administration of this ordinance.

* Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
* John 3:23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was
much water there: and they came, and were baptized.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:48:10 PM
At 8/27/2012 12:47:15 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
Chapter 29
Baptism
1. Baptism is an ordinance of the New Testament, ordained by Jesus Christ, to be to the person who is baptized - a sign of his fellowship with Christ in His death and resurrection; of his being engrafted into Christ;
*Romans 6:3-5 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ
were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into
death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
*Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him
through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
*Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on
Christ.
of remission of sins;
* Mark 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance
for the remission of sins.
* Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy
sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
and of that person's giving up of himself to God, through Jesus Christ, to live and walk in newness of life.
*Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as
Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also
should walk in newness of life.

2. Those who actuallyprofess repentance towards God, faith in, and obedience to,our Lord Jesus Christ, are the only proper subjects for this ordinance.
* Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
* Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the
eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
* Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
* Acts 2:41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day
there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
* Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
* Acts 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

3. The outward element to be used in this ordinance is water, in which the person is to be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
* Matthew 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
* Acts 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

4. Immersion - the dipping of the person in water - is necessary for the due
administration of this ordinance.

* Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
* John 3:23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was
much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

Baptist Confession of Faith, 1689 - http://www.student-preacher.com...
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 12:53:54 PM
To join your wife in this journey, I think, not only speaks volumes about who your Lord is, but that you endeavor to do all things as "one flesh".

Baptism is deeply meaningful and while it should be done after you profess Christ, nothing should stop you from walking into the water again with your Bride.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:04:25 PM
At 8/27/2012 12:53:54 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
To join your wife in this journey, I think, not only speaks volumes about who your Lord is, but that you endeavor to do all things as "one flesh".

Baptism is deeply meaningful and while it should be done after you profess Christ, nothing should stop you from walking into the water again with your Bride.

God Bless you, Genesis. Very nice of you, thats comforting. I knows its words straight from the Lord. Also, thanks for the Baptism post it was very interesting, indeed.
TheAsylum
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:12:13 PM
At 8/27/2012 11:37:08 AM, JennsLaw wrote:

Ah... That makes sense. So he really isn't the father.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:16:14 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:12:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Lord Knuckle, I said all of this in the post.
TheAsylum
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:24:23 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:16:14 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:
At 8/27/2012 1:12:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Yup, I just read it. In the beginning, I could only get to the first son part before my eyes got tired.
ScottyDouglas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:26:38 PM

Yup, I just read it. In the beginning, I could only get to the first son part before my eyes got tired.

That mite be a problem. Does it happen alot?
TheAsylum
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:27:44 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:26:38 PM, ScottyDouglas wrote:

.... My post was implicit mockery.
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:30:49 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:27:44 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Excellent character quality. Market that on your resume.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2012 1:31:48 PM
At 8/27/2012 1:30:49 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:
At 8/27/2012 1:27:44 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Excellent character quality. Market that on your resume.

Query: Did you ever reply to when you said the evolution cannot generate new information and I proved you wrong?