Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Some Interesting videos

gr33k_fr33k5
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 12:00:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Dr. Ravi and Dr. Lennox are personal heroes for me. There is no denying that they represent the intellectual side of Theistic arguments. If you have 30 minutes to spare, or even just time for the first, I would strongly suggest listening.

enjoy.
I am free, free indeed!

ignorance is bliss
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 1:16:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 12:00:31 PM, gr33k_fr33k5 wrote:
Firstly, saying this and that scientist conceded the existence of God is a possibility is not science.

Secondly, saying physical laws create nothing is to completely stick your head in the sand. Physical laws are in the process of constant creation. The Universe is not static; it is changing all the time. Through the Hubble Space Telescope we have witnessed the development of galaxies and solar systems in all phases of development.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 3:31:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"physical laws create nothing"

Damn, and I thought Gravity created galaxies...I guess I better listen to theologians instead of scientists from now on.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 3:39:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 3:31:23 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
"physical laws create nothing"

Damn, and I thought Gravity created galaxies...I guess I better listen to theologians instead of scientists from now on.


Dr. John Lennox is a Mathematics Professor at Oxford..

I love how, as long as he is a Christian, he's useless in science and uncredible.

b*tch please..
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 3:43:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 3:39:54 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:31:23 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
"physical laws create nothing"

Damn, and I thought Gravity created galaxies...I guess I better listen to theologians instead of scientists from now on.


Dr. John Lennox is a Mathematics Professor at Oxford..

I love how, as long as he is a Christian, he's useless in science and uncredible.

b*tch please..

And then you ask him what electromagnetism and fire is lol.. Damn, the physics of how ice melts must be all wrong, and it's all magically GOD doing it. And we can even enslave GOD to our bidding on demand by making snow.. Funny videos, but not very insightful :/
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 3:44:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 3:39:54 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:31:23 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
"physical laws create nothing"

Damn, and I thought Gravity created galaxies...I guess I better listen to theologians instead of scientists from now on.


Dr. John Lennox is a Mathematics Professor at Oxford..

So? Does this all of a sudden make him a physicist or a cosmologist?


I love how, as long as he is a Christian, he's useless in science and uncredible.

It's not because he's a Christian, it's because what he said was false. Gravity "creates" and forms galaxies. The fact he didn't know that, is laughable and embarrassing.


b*tch please..

Bitch please, you follow people who have as much scientific expertise as my five year old cousin. Dr. Craig even said galaxies didn't exist ten billion years ago, I bet you believed it just because he said it. Epic fail.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 4:30:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 3:44:30 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:39:54 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:31:23 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
"physical laws create nothing"

Damn, and I thought Gravity created galaxies...I guess I better listen to theologians instead of scientists from now on.


Dr. John Lennox is a Mathematics Professor at Oxford..

So? Does this all of a sudden make him a physicist or a cosmologist?

No, but it makes him a more reliable source than you or I.

What of Hugh Ross(Physicist/Astrologist)? If you've read any of his works you'll see he agree's completely with Dr. Lennox.


I love how, as long as he is a Christian, he's useless in science and uncredible.

It's not because he's a Christian, it's because what he said was false. Gravity "creates" and forms galaxies. The fact he didn't know that, is laughable and embarrassing.

Seriously? Why would i take anything you say over this person with PHd; isn't this your form of logic: Why trust scientists, when you have theologians?

Well, why trust reputable scientists, when you have an obnoxious DDO member?


b*tch please..

Bitch please, you follow people who have as much scientific expertise as my five year old cousin. Dr. Craig even said galaxies didn't exist ten billion years ago, I bet you believed it just because he said it. Epic fail.


Ha, and you follow people wo simply tell you what you want to hear; Gullible much?

But, furthermore, I've discovered ample studies from 'qualified' individuals who say that it's rediculous to rely on the current dating methods.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 5:00:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 4:30:40 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:44:30 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:39:54 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:31:23 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
"physical laws create nothing"

Damn, and I thought Gravity created galaxies...I guess I better listen to theologians instead of scientists from now on.


Dr. John Lennox is a Mathematics Professor at Oxford..

So? Does this all of a sudden make him a physicist or a cosmologist?

No, but it makes him a more reliable source than you or I.

What of Hugh Ross(Physicist/Astrologist)? If you've read any of his works you'll see he agree's completely with Dr. Lennox.

This doesn't change the fact that the statement "physical laws create nothing", is false. This is all I am referring to.



I love how, as long as he is a Christian, he's useless in science and uncredible.

It's not because he's a Christian, it's because what he said was false. Gravity "creates" and forms galaxies. The fact he didn't know that, is laughable and embarrassing.

Seriously? Why would i take anything you say over this person with PHd; isn't this your form of logic: Why trust scientists, when you have theologians?

Seriously, you are making a mockery of yourself to the fullest extent. I'll make this really simple, and hope you comprehend it. There is a thing called the Law of Gravity, this is the reason why galaxies begin to exist. So, yes, physical laws do create. This is just one example, and this is common knowledge.


Well, why trust reputable scientists, when you have an obnoxious DDO member?

Coming from the one who used the word b*tch first, I'd say your "obnoxious" comment is rather ironic.

b*tch please..

Bitch please, you follow people who have as much scientific expertise as my five year old cousin. Dr. Craig even said galaxies didn't exist ten billion years ago, I bet you believed it just because he said it. Epic fail.


Ha, and you follow people wo simply tell you what you want to hear; Gullible much?

What do you have to back up this claim? Also, what makes you think the shoe doesn't fall on the other foot? I know you follow Dr. Craig, and I know he has said some incredibly ignorant things that many scientists have actually corrected him on. Do you know who I pay attention to? Do you know any of them have said anything as laughably absurd as "galaxies didn't exist ten billion years ago" or "Physical laws create nothing"? I highly doubt it.


But, furthermore, I've discovered ample studies from 'qualified' individuals who say that it's rediculous to rely on the current dating methods.

I can show you way more that say the opposite, what's your point? Also, there are tons of studies from 'qualified' individuals (911 Truthers) who claim that thermite brought down the twin towers. All you need to do is gain a little knowledge on the topic at hand, and you will know who is spewing nonsense, and who actually has legitimate scientific backing backing behind the claim in question.
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 5:50:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 5:00:50 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 4:30:40 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:44:30 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:39:54 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:31:23 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
"physical laws create nothing"

Damn, and I thought Gravity created galaxies...I guess I better listen to theologians instead of scientists from now on.


Dr. John Lennox is a Mathematics Professor at Oxford..

So? Does this all of a sudden make him a physicist or a cosmologist?

No, but it makes him a more reliable source than you or I.

What of Hugh Ross(Physicist/Astrologist)? If you've read any of his works you'll see he agree's completely with Dr. Lennox.

This doesn't change the fact that the statement "physical laws create nothing", is false. This is all I am referring to.

No, it's not false, it makes sense.. Physical Law's describe what was created, they do not themselves, create. This was his point.




I love how, as long as he is a Christian, he's useless in science and uncredible.

It's not because he's a Christian, it's because what he said was false. Gravity "creates" and forms galaxies. The fact he didn't know that, is laughable and embarrassing.

Seriously? Why would i take anything you say over this person with PHd; isn't this your form of logic: Why trust scientists, when you have theologians?

Seriously, you are making a mockery of yourself to the fullest extent. I'll make this really simple, and hope you comprehend it. There is a thing called the Law of Gravity, this is the reason why galaxies begin to exist. So, yes, physical laws do create. This is just one example, and this is common knowledge.

Lol, a mockery huh?
Listen bud, unless you are currently studying these topics at a university or something, I'd say me and you got about the same amount of sources to point to for our understanding of the universe: The interenet.

As i've read it, gravity participates in the process of galaxy formation, but it does not create galaxies; How much do we even know about gravity? From all i've read its a big mystery, and highly debated.. all the research and efforts to discover how/why gravity is formed only succeed in explaining its function..


Well, why trust reputable scientists, when you have an obnoxious DDO member?

Coming from the one who used the word b*tch first, I'd say your "obnoxious" comment is rather ironic.

b*tch please..

Bitch please, you follow people who have as much scientific expertise as my five year old cousin. Dr. Craig even said galaxies didn't exist ten billion years ago, I bet you believed it just because he said it. Epic fail.


Ha, and you follow people wo simply tell you what you want to hear; Gullible much?

What do you have to back up this claim? Also, what makes you think the shoe doesn't fall on the other foot? I know you follow Dr. Craig, and I know he has said some incredibly ignorant things that many scientists have actually corrected him on. Do you know who I pay attention to? Do you know any of them have said anything as laughably absurd as "galaxies didn't exist ten billion years ago" or "Physical laws create nothing"? I highly doubt it.


Oh, you know i do huh? Dr. Craig isn't all that n a bag of chips + anyone who accepts evolution and Christianity, is clearly out of his mind.

You'd be right, I think saying the opposite: Galaxies existed billions of years ago, or Physical Law's create, does sound absurd to me.. especially when there is so much debate about it.


But, furthermore, I've discovered ample studies from 'qualified' individuals who say that it's rediculous to rely on the current dating methods.

I can show you way more that say the opposite, what's your point? Also, there are tons of studies from 'qualified' individuals (911 Truthers) who claim that thermite brought down the twin towers. All you need to do is gain a little knowledge on the topic at hand, and you will know who is spewing nonsense, and who actually has legitimate scientific backing backing behind the claim in question.


So what if there's more, does that gaurantee truth?

You really don't need to give me advice on how to discuss any topic; I'm fully capable, and knowing. This brings us back to square one though.. are you suggesting that, since we both operate by the same methods of research (generally), that maybe one of us is simply incompetent?

It always boils down to this with atheists.. intellectual superiority.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 6:18:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/30/2012 5:50:05 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 5:00:50 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 4:30:40 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:44:30 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:39:54 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 8/30/2012 3:31:23 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
"physical laws create nothing"

Damn, and I thought Gravity created galaxies...I guess I better listen to theologians instead of scientists from now on.


Dr. John Lennox is a Mathematics Professor at Oxford..

So? Does this all of a sudden make him a physicist or a cosmologist?

No, but it makes him a more reliable source than you or I.

What of Hugh Ross(Physicist/Astrologist)? If you've read any of his works you'll see he agree's completely with Dr. Lennox.

This doesn't change the fact that the statement "physical laws create nothing", is false. This is all I am referring to.

No, it's not false, it makes sense..

Non-Sequitur. Just because something "makes sense" doesn't make it true.

Physical Law's describe what was created, they do not themselves, create. This was his point.

Well his point is false, and it shows his ignorance. Gravity is what forms galaxies. Gravity is a law.





I love how, as long as he is a Christian, he's useless in science and uncredible.

It's not because he's a Christian, it's because what he said was false. Gravity "creates" and forms galaxies. The fact he didn't know that, is laughable and embarrassing.

Seriously? Why would i take anything you say over this person with PHd; isn't this your form of logic: Why trust scientists, when you have theologians?

Seriously, you are making a mockery of yourself to the fullest extent. I'll make this really simple, and hope you comprehend it. There is a thing called the Law of Gravity, this is the reason why galaxies begin to exist. So, yes, physical laws do create. This is just one example, and this is common knowledge.

Lol, a mockery huh?

Yes, a complete mockery.

Listen bud, unless you are currently studying these topics at a university or something, I'd say me and you got about the same amount of sources to point to for our understanding of the universe: The interenet.

You have got to be kidding me...If you are truly trying to debate me on whether or not gravity forms galaxies, you need to go back to the drawing board. This is seriously getting ridiculous. You might as well try to debate me on whether oxygen forms in stars or not.

As i've read it, gravity participates in the process of galaxy formation, but it does not create galaxies; How much do we even know about gravity? From all i've read its a big mystery, and highly debated.. all the research and efforts to discover how/why gravity is formed only succeed in explaining its function..

It clumps the matter together due to the gravitational attraction and creates the spiral shapes we know as galaxies. This is well accepted cosmology. Whether we know everything or not about gravity is irrelevant, we still have a good idea with regards to what it is responsible for. Either way, "participating in a process" is certainly more than just "describing what is created". Therefore, it seems you have contradicted yourself.



Well, why trust reputable scientists, when you have an obnoxious DDO member?

Coming from the one who used the word b*tch first, I'd say your "obnoxious" comment is rather ironic.

b*tch please..

Bitch please, you follow people who have as much scientific expertise as my five year old cousin. Dr. Craig even said galaxies didn't exist ten billion years ago, I bet you believed it just because he said it. Epic fail.


Ha, and you follow people wo simply tell you what you want to hear; Gullible much?

What do you have to back up this claim? Also, what makes you think the shoe doesn't fall on the other foot? I know you follow Dr. Craig, and I know he has said some incredibly ignorant things that many scientists have actually corrected him on. Do you know who I pay attention to? Do you know any of them have said anything as laughably absurd as "galaxies didn't exist ten billion years ago" or "Physical laws create nothing"? I highly doubt it.


Oh, you know i do huh? Dr. Craig isn't all that n a bag of chips + anyone who accepts evolution and Christianity, is clearly out of his mind.

Fair enough. Evolution and Bible creation cannot co-exist without some serious stretching.


You'd be right, I think saying the opposite: Galaxies existed billions of years ago, or Physical Law's create, does sound absurd to me.. especially when there is so much debate about it.

There is no debate about it. We know that galaxies formed around 200 million years after The Big Bang, while Dr. Craig said that galaxies didn't exist 10 billion years ago, when the universe is roughly 13.7 billion years old. Also, we know that the Law of Gravity is what clumps the matter together in the universe and forms the galaxies we see, which means that physical "laws" (like gravity) do have production, and creative power.




But, furthermore, I've discovered ample studies from 'qualified' individuals who say that it's ridiculous to rely on the current dating methods.

I can show you way more that say the opposite, what's your point? Also, there are tons of studies from 'qualified' individuals (911 Truthers) who claim that thermite brought down the twin towers. All you need to do is gain a little knowledge on the topic at hand, and you will know who is spewing nonsense, and who actually has legitimate scientific backing backing behind the claim in question.


So what if there's more, does that gaurantee truth?

No it doesn't. However, it seems rather silly to combat the entire geologiy community with such little foundation underneath you. Plus, if we have the age of the Earth wrong, we never would have had an atomic bomb (we wouldn't know how atoms work, and fission wouldn't have happened). Power plants wouldn't work either. I'd say the dating method used is pretty reliable, but of course, nothing is perfect.


You really don't need to give me advice on how to discuss any topic; I'm fully capable, and knowing. This brings us back to square one though.. are you suggesting that, since we both operate by the same methods of research (generally), that maybe one of us is simply incompetent?

Of course that's what I'm suggesting, in a sense. You are trying to debate me on things, which are not really debatable. It's outrageous. Since we both have the same method for research, and the things you are coming up with are complete nonsense, the only option left if that there isn't something right on your end.


It always boils down to this with atheists.. intellectual superiority.
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2012 7:26:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
No, it's not false, it makes sense.. Physical Law's describe what was created, they do not themselves, create. This was his point.

One word:

SNOW!

Physical law is a description of the forces that do, and the description itself is a product of. Your argument is nullified.