Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2008 6:32:47 PM
Posted: 8 years ago
And by the way atheists aren't muslims.

Next.

P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
knick-knack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2008 7:24:36 PM
At 11/1/2008 4:30:45 PM, Krakken101 wrote:
Enough said we are the rue churh of christ anyone who belives other wie is a hedon

Catholic Church...?

Never heard of it.

D
John Hancock
my.matryoshka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2008 9:08:07 AM
Enough said we are the rue churh of christ anyone who belives other wie is a hedon

I have nothing against Catholics. It's the history of the church and the shady practices that compelled me to choose to be an evangelical Christian. Infant baptism? Golden statues of Jesus? Pope having authority over all other believers? Celibacy? These are all things that shout "NOT BIBLICAL" in my head. But that's just me. I of course consider catholics Christian and we should worry more about mormans and jehova's witnesses first. :)
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2008 7:00:56 PM

You are the church of Christ to be regretted bitterly and and anyone who speedily does otherwise than to regret it bitterly will feel pleasure as a result?

(Church and otherwise were the only ones among your spelling errors that didn't alter the meaning of your sentence :D)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ethanthedebater1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 2:44:40 AM
Actually, the real meaning would be more like "The Catholic Church is the bitter church of Christ, anyone who believes otherwise is an individual obsessed with pleasure.
antisemantic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 9:43:04 AM
Infant baptism?
Acts 16:15
And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Acts 18:8
And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

Golden statues of Jesus?

Exodus 25:22
And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

Numbers 21:9
And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

John 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

Pope having authority over all other believers?

18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Celibacy?
1 Corinthians 7:38
So then he that giveth her in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.

1 Corinthians 7:1
Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

1 Corinthians 7:6-8
6But I speak this by permission, and not of commandment.

7For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.

8I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, it is good for them if they abide even as I.

1 Corinthians 4:16
Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Catholic Priests take St. Paul up on this. There is more on this but I do not have the time right now. St. Paul says it is MUCH better to never marry, to devote yourself completely to the Lord. And this is what Catholic Priests do. A Protestant preacher never lets his marriage and children interfere with the Church?/?????
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
antisemantic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 9:47:02 AM
And before you got there, Real Presence.

John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 6:54
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Are you one of these disciples?

John 6:56
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

John 6:60
Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

John 6:66
From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
my.matryoshka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2008 2:58:05 PM
At 11/5/2008 9:43:04 AM, antisemantic wrote:
Infant baptism?
Acts 16:15
And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Acts 18:8
And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

I'll respond to the rest in time, but about this.. you have to believe before you get baptized. You have to make that conscious decision to have given your life to God, so you go into the water and come out a new person who lives in Christ. I believe that when Jesus spoke, "Go and make disciplies of all nations, baptizing them in the name of.." he was stating that discipleship was a prerequisite for baptism. You should decide to give your life to Christ before sharing in his celebration of rebirth.
antisemantic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 12:29:19 PM
Baptism replaced circumcision. The circumcision of Jesus Christ.
10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Add that with whole households being baptized along with their mothers and fathers.

When did a Jew receive circumcision? Either as an adult or as a child. Was Abraham circumcised as an infant? No. The covenant just started with him. After the covenant was established did the Jews wait until their children were at some unnamed age? Nope, when they were born they were circumcised by the Faith of their parents. DID ALL stay faithful to God? Do ALL adults that are baptized remain faithful to God? Nope.

Go to a synagogue and sit through their service, then go to a Catholic Mass and tell me if you see any similarities. Do not forget that most of the first Christians were Jews. The Apostles were. Let me guess they COMPLELTY forsook how they worshiped and out came the Baptist church service.
antisemantic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 12:44:24 PM
Humans are born full of sin and are "unclean" (guess they did not have the cleaners back then) and they are in need of "cleaning" from birth. What do they need removed? Original sin, the sin we are born with. What washes away ALL sin? Baptism.

Job 14
1Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble.
2He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.
3And doth thou open thine eyes upon such an one, and bringest me into judgment with thee?
4Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.

Psalm 51:5 - we are conceived in the iniquity of sin.

Mark 16:16 - Jesus says to the crowd, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved." But in reference to the same people, Jesus immediately follows with "He who does not believe will be condemned." This demonstrates that one can be baptized and still not be a believer. This disproves the Protestant argument that one must be a believer to be baptized. There is nothing in the Bible about a "believer's baptism."

Luke 18:15 – Jesus says, "Let the children come to me." The people brought infants to Jesus that he might touch them. This demonstrates that the receipt of grace is not dependent upon the age of reason.

Can I receive grace,healing or even forgiveness of sins by the faith of someone else? Did Jesus ever do anything like this while He was on earth? SO if that is possible, could it also be possible that I can receive baptism due to my parents Faith in Jesus?

1 Corinthians 7:14
14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2008 2:40:34 PM
At 11/5/2008 2:44:40 AM, Ethanthedebater1 wrote:
Actually, the real meaning would be more like "The Catholic Church is the bitter church of Christ, anyone who believes otherwise is an individual obsessed with pleasure.

That would be a hedonIST. Not a hedon. :D
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 12:55:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago

Your proof?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 3:22:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago

The first Roman popes convinced their deceived Christians that they were the true church of Christ but only after Rome tried to kill off the true invisible church of Christ that all the saints spoke from.

Read Daniel 2: 36-45. This prophecy shows us the two parts of Christianity called the feet of iron and clay. The feet of iron describes the Roman Catholic Church ruled by the Vatican which remains intact today. The feet of clay describes the Protestant churches with nearly 40,000 denominations today. Clay breaks into many pieces when hit upon a rock ( the true invisible church of Christ ) and this is why there are so many different Protestant churches today. God planned for them to be split up to show us that none of them contain the Truth. For if they all had the Truth, they would know that ALL God's people exist within Him like saint Paul was saying here;

Acts 17: 24-31
24: The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man,
25: nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all men life and breath and everything.
26: And he made from one every nation of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their habitation,
27: that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel after him and find him. Yet he is not far from each one of us,
28: for ..In him we live and move and have our being'; as even some of your poets have said, ..For we are indeed his offspring.'

No visible church can contain our true created existence within the mind of God.