Total Posts:133|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If Atheists Ruled The World

Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 8:22:52 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 8:41:03 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
http://www.debate.org...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 8:43:37 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Did you like bookmark that page or something, R_R?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 8:45:00 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 8:41:03 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Wow, that thread is so old it's got my original account in it.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 8:47:50 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
No. I just remembered it was on here somewhere, hit ctrl f, typed ruled, went throug the first few pages, bam :).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 9:29:16 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 9:08:46 PM, Puck wrote:
I thought your original account was something like lethal. O.o

This is my third man. I lost my first one for creating the PATCMOTO account, the second one for no good reason at all, and I'm actually trying to keep this one so no more shenanigans.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 9:29:57 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 9:26:40 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists hardly take life too seriously, acting like they are everlasting, knowing that they are dead men.

How would you know what atheists are like, you're too scared to engage with them to ever find out.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 9:37:49 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 9/13/2009 9:29:57 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:26:40 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists hardly take life too seriously, acting like they are everlasting, knowing that they are dead men.

How would you know what atheists are like, you're too scared to engage with them to ever find out.


Engage in what? They live out their lives and die. And then they spend forever in hell, because they weren't concered enough to care what Jesus did.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 9:38:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 9:37:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 9/13/2009 9:29:57 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:26:40 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists hardly take life too seriously, acting like they are everlasting, knowing that they are dead men.

How would you know what atheists are like, you're too scared to engage with them to ever find out.


Engage in what? They live out their lives and die. And then they spend forever in hell, because they weren't concered enough to care what Jesus did.

Cool story bro
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 9:42:27 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
The ad I'm getting on this page thanks to Godsands is eminently ironic.

http://www.jesusbrandspirituality.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 9:43:08 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 9:37:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 9/13/2009 9:29:57 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:26:40 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists hardly take life too seriously, acting like they are everlasting, knowing that they are dead men.

How would you know what atheists are like, you're too scared to engage with them to ever find out.


Engage in what? They live out their lives and die. And then they spend forever in hell, because they weren't concered enough to care what Jesus did.

I wonder where this anger and resentment of non-Christians comes from. I mean, I know a lot of Christians who believe exactly what you believe, but none of them frequent websites and tell people they're going to burn for eternity, seemingly getting a kick out of doing so no less! Are you jealous that we can masturbate without fear of ancient mythology? Do you enjoy making idle threats? Do you think we are too stupid to understand your particular brand of ancient mythology, so you feel the need to shove it down our throats? What is it man? What are you hoping to achieve here?
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 9:49:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 9/13/2009 9:43:08 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:37:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 9/13/2009 9:29:57 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:26:40 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists hardly take life too seriously, acting like they are everlasting, knowing that they are dead men.

How would you know what atheists are like, you're too scared to engage with them to ever find out.


Engage in what? They live out their lives and die. And then they spend forever in hell, because they weren't concered enough to care what Jesus did.

I wonder where this anger and resentment of non-Christians comes from. I mean, I know a lot of Christians who believe exactly what you believe, but none of them frequent websites and tell people they're going to burn for eternity, seemingly getting a kick out of doing so no less! Are you jealous that we can masturbate without fear of ancient mythology? Do you enjoy making idle threats? Do you think we are too stupid to understand your particular brand of ancient mythology, so you feel the need to shove it down our throats? What is it man? What are you hoping to achieve here?


Never said any of you will ever go to hell, I am sure are not called atheist by name right?
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 9:53:37 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 9:49:51 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 9/13/2009 9:43:08 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:37:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 9/13/2009 9:29:57 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:26:40 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists hardly take life too seriously, acting like they are everlasting, knowing that they are dead men.

How would you know what atheists are like, you're too scared to engage with them to ever find out.


Engage in what? They live out their lives and die. And then they spend forever in hell, because they weren't concered enough to care what Jesus did.

I wonder where this anger and resentment of non-Christians comes from. I mean, I know a lot of Christians who believe exactly what you believe, but none of them frequent websites and tell people they're going to burn for eternity, seemingly getting a kick out of doing so no less! Are you jealous that we can masturbate without fear of ancient mythology? Do you enjoy making idle threats? Do you think we are too stupid to understand your particular brand of ancient mythology, so you feel the need to shove it down our throats? What is it man? What are you hoping to achieve here?


Never said any of you will ever go to hell, I am sure are not called atheist by name right?

What does that mean? Your spelling and grammar has improved ten-fold since you first started here, but this really makes no sense at all.

Are you saying that you didn't actually threaten us with hell, simply because none of our names are Atheist? If so, that's stupid.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 9:57:12 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Engage in what? They live out their lives and die. And then they spend forever in hell, because they weren't concered enough to care what Jesus did.

You better repent before you feel the lash of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

(you see how noneffective idle threats like these are?)
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 11:50:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 8:22:52 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:


Hehe.

"Several million years for monkeys to involve into humans. Monkeys don't *live* for several million years!"

Pfft.
So prove me wrong, then.
regebro
Posts: 1,152
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2009 11:55:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 9:37:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
Engage in what? They live out their lives and die. And then they spend forever in hell, because they weren't concered enough to care what Jesus did.

Is that really the best you could come up with in your self delusional sroty to make you think you are better than others? The *only* reason you can come up with to rationalize your existence on earth is that you will go to heaven and we wont? You don't fell you have any talent? You Don't think you are smart? The ONLY good thing with you is that you believe in God?

God, you must feel *so* small and worthless. Why don't you try to actually improve yourself instead. Get good at your job. Be nice to your friends. Hold cold barbecues, so people will like you for who you are or what you do, so *you* can like yourself for who you are and what you do. Liking yourself only because an imaginary flying spaghetti monster likes you is truly pathetic.
So prove me wrong, then.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2009 3:21:25 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
: At 9/13/2009 9:53:37 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:49:51 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 9/13/2009 9:43:08 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:37:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 9/13/2009 9:29:57 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:26:40 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists hardly take life too seriously, acting like they are everlasting, knowing that they are dead men.

How would you know what atheists are like, you're too scared to engage with them to ever find out.


Engage in what? They live out their lives and die. And then they spend forever in hell, because they weren't concered enough to care what Jesus did.

I wonder where this anger and resentment of non-Christians comes from. I mean, I know a lot of Christians who believe exactly what you believe, but none of them frequent websites and tell people they're going to burn for eternity, seemingly getting a kick out of doing so no less! Are you jealous that we can masturbate without fear of ancient mythology? Do you enjoy making idle threats? Do you think we are too stupid to understand your particular brand of ancient mythology, so you feel the need to shove it down our throats? What is it man? What are you hoping to achieve here?


Never said any of you will ever go to hell, I am sure are not called atheist by name right?

What does that mean? Your spelling and grammar has improved ten-fold since you first started here, but this really makes no sense at all.

Are you saying that you didn't actually threaten us with hell, simply because none of our names are Atheist? If so, that's stupid.


I am not threading anyone, hell is awaiting people like you. But people in hell do not remain the same, they ALL WANT CHRIST! I really don't think you can begin to understand why being a atheist will enable you to see God, or 'find' God. You don't even want a personal relationship with God. You don't even want to get to grips with the concept of God existing.

I asked a friend, what would to take to your death if only one thing (it does not have to be physical) and she said, carrots! Carrots, a confessing Christian wanted to take carrots to the death, and I bet you Christ didn't even cross her mind!

If you could take one thing, what would it be, really what would it be? Would it be a photo of your family, you most loved physical item, or Yeshua who defeated death?

I have never said any of you will ever enter hell ever. But I said the atheist will enter hell. And for ever and ever, you say to me, "Thats not fair though, forever?!" Yes, forever because you are either in hel or in heaven when you die, would it be fair for a God hating, sinful man to enter hell for 10 minutes and then spend eternity in heaven? God will cast him back into hell without any sorrow, God is only sorry for us because His son Jesus died for us. Because Jesus' death satified Him.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2009 4:56:13 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/13/2009 8:22:52 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

This video maliciously takes the very worse elements of 'Christianity' and then maliciously adds a little MORE hate to the mix..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2009 5:52:38 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
If you could take one thing, what would it be, really what would it be?

Satisfaction with my life.

Would it be a photo of your family, you most loved physical item, or Yeshua who defeated death?

A photo would do me no good since my nervous system will no longer function and therefore I will not have vision. My most loved physical item will do me no good because I will cease interacting with the physical world (besides decomposing). For Yeshua... maybe I should take Charon to ferry me across the Acheron on my way to Hades, or maybe I should take Allah so I get my virgin rewards, or maybe I should take Odin to get me into Valhalla. The problem with mythology is there are so many stories to choose from. Obviously satisfaction want do me any good either, as when my brain stops functioning I will cease experiencing emotions as well.

Yes, forever because you are either in hel or in heaven when you die

Ouch, can't I just hang out and haunt people on Earth for a little while?

would it be fair for a God hating, sinful man to enter hell for 10 minutes and then spend eternity in heaven?

Fair would be not eternally torturing your creations to begin with... so any discussion of fair or justice are out the window when discussing fundamentalist Christianity.

God will cast him back into hell without any sorrow, God is only sorry for us because His son Jesus died for us. Because Jesus' death satified Him.

Kind of sick isn't it, he had to have his own son sacrificed to himself to be satified (sic)? I find that a bit weird.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2009 8:21:35 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/14/2009 5:52:38 AM, Floid wrote:
If you could take one thing, what would it be, really what would it be?

Satisfaction with my life.


Would it be a photo of your family, you most loved physical item, or Yeshua who defeated death?

A photo would do me no good since my nervous system will no longer function and therefore I will not have vision. My most loved physical item will do me no good because I will cease interacting with the physical world (besides decomposing). For Yeshua... maybe I should take Charon to ferry me across the Acheron on my way to Hades, or maybe I should take Allah so I get my virgin rewards, or maybe I should take Odin to get me into Valhalla. The problem with mythology is there are so many stories to choose from. Obviously satisfaction want do me any good either, as when my brain stops functioning I will cease experiencing emotions as well.


Yes, forever because you are either in hel or in heaven when you die

Ouch, can't I just hang out and haunt people on Earth for a little while?


would it be fair for a God hating, sinful man to enter hell for 10 minutes and then spend eternity in heaven?

Fair would be not eternally torturing your creations to begin with... so any discussion of fair or justice are out the window when discussing fundamentalist Christianity.


God will cast him back into hell without any sorrow, God is only sorry for us because His son Jesus died for us. Because Jesus' death satified Him.

Kind of sick isn't it, he had to have his own son sacrificed to himself to be satified (sic)? I find that a bit weird.

It's LOGIC: God is utterly Holy and cannot have sin in His presence. (heaven)
You are intrinsically sinful and so cannot enter into Gods presence.
God has made a way, through the blood sacrifice of His Son jesus Christ for you to be cleansed of your sin.. for you to 'put on Christ' so that you may stand in the presence of the One True Living God Almighty. Forever.

Sounds like A DEAL to me!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2009 9:12:52 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
God has made a way, through the blood sacrifice of His Son jesus Christ for you to be cleansed of your sin..

That is the problem. The best way an all powerful, super intelligent being could come up with to change his own mine was to sacrifice his son to himself? Seems a bit silly and stupid. Why not just say "Hey, Ill forgive the ones that worship me" or maybe "Hey, maybe if I want to be loving I shouldn't torture my subjects to begin with".

You sell the supposed all powerful creator of the universe a bit short when he has to come up with a sick and perverse system of forgiveness instead of just forgiving for the sake of being loving and compassionate.
leet4A1
Posts: 1,986
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2009 2:50:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 9/14/2009 3:21:25 AM, GodSands wrote:
: At 9/13/2009 9:53:37 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:49:51 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 9/13/2009 9:43:08 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:37:49 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 9/13/2009 9:29:57 PM, leet4A1 wrote:
At 9/13/2009 9:26:40 PM, GodSands wrote:
Atheists hardly take life too seriously, acting like they are everlasting, knowing that they are dead men.

How would you know what atheists are like, you're too scared to engage with them to ever find out.


Engage in what? They live out their lives and die. And then they spend forever in hell, because they weren't concered enough to care what Jesus did.

I wonder where this anger and resentment of non-Christians comes from. I mean, I know a lot of Christians who believe exactly what you believe, but none of them frequent websites and tell people they're going to burn for eternity, seemingly getting a kick out of doing so no less! Are you jealous that we can masturbate without fear of ancient mythology? Do you enjoy making idle threats? Do you think we are too stupid to understand your particular brand of ancient mythology, so you feel the need to shove it down our throats? What is it man? What are you hoping to achieve here?


Never said any of you will ever go to hell, I am sure are not called atheist by name right?

What does that mean? Your spelling and grammar has improved ten-fold since you first started here, but this really makes no sense at all.

Are you saying that you didn't actually threaten us with hell, simply because none of our names are Atheist? If so, that's stupid.


I am not threading anyone, hell is awaiting people like you. But people in hell do not remain the same, they ALL WANT CHRIST!

How would you know what people in hell want? I suppose some of them have come and spoken to you too huh?

I really don't think you can begin to understand why being a atheist will enable you to see God, or 'find' God. You don't even want a personal relationship with God. You don't even want to get to grips with the concept of God existing.

I don't class myself as atheist, I class myself as agnostic. I'm open to the concept of a Master of the Universe (I like that wording better than "God"; "God" is just lazy writing), and of course if one exists and is out there, I want to know about it. But I'm not going to sacrifice the one life I know I have for a being who's either too cruel, lazy or stupid to engage with me properly. You say you got a visit from the Master of the Universe, well until I get one, I remain agnostic.

I asked a friend, what would to take to your death if only one thing (it does not have to be physical) and she said, carrots! Carrots, a confessing Christian wanted to take carrots to the death, and I bet you Christ didn't even cross her mind!

I don't believe this story. Sounds made up.

If you could take one thing, what would it be, really what would it be? Would it be a photo of your family, you most loved physical item, or Yeshua who defeated death?

Man, that's a good question. I don't know to be honest. It certainly wouldn't be Yeshua, or carrots. Probably my guitar; eternity would be long and boring without one.

I have never said any of you will ever enter hell ever.

Oh, I'm sure you have.

But I said the atheist will enter hell.

Ah, there we go.

And for ever and ever, you say to me, "Thats not fair though, forever?!"

No, I say to you "that's very unlikely, so I'm not going to worry about it". Please remember that just as many people in the world believe you're not going to heaven because you don't worship Allah. Does that scare you? I think not, and nor should it.
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2009 3:14:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
So God creates humans with free will?
God knows that humans will use free will, he knows they will choose 'wrongly', he deems this to be sin and he punishes them accordingly. (The Fall).
Every human inherits the 'sin' of Adam and Eve's mistake, despite having no possible responsibility for it we are all made to suffer.
God, sends himself to be born on earth (Jesus). Despite performing several miracles neither those who follow God (Jews), nor the religiously liberal Romans decide to recognise him as a God, or a holy man, or even a handy wizard.
The Jews and Romans kill Jesus as he is, or is assumed to be a political rabble rouser.
Jesus comes back to life, an action that completely fails to impress anyone but his closest friends.
God decides that as he in the form of Jesus constitutes perfection, and that his state execution, to preserve Roman rule over Judea, and Jewish power within that context constituted a sacrifice to himself even though it was not intended in that way.
As a result of humanity performing this perfect sacrifice out of ignorance, God decides that he is no longer angry at us. We are free to sin and exercise free will so long as we believe that the state execution of Jesus for political sedition against the Roman state constitutes a perfect sacrifice that appeases God.
If we do not we go hell for eternity for punishment.

If we try to believe this but can not we go to hell.
If we try to believe this, pray desperately to understand it, but can not, and spend our lives doing good deeds and preaching the word of God we go to hell.
If we are raised as Muslims, Hindus, Mongolian Animists etc... and never hear the 'truth' or discount it due to conflicting indocrination we go to hell.
If we die whilst being born, or early on life before being taught about Jesus we go to hell.
If we are born deaf and blind and can not be taught about Jesus we go to hell.
If we are raised in a Catholic orphange and sexually molested every day and so acquire a revulsion for religion that is not our fault we go to hell.
If we actually believe in Jesus, and become a fine Christian, but make the terrible mistake of joining the wrong branch of Christianity then we go to hell.
If we spend 87 years as good Jesus believing Christians but then five minutes prior to our death start to have second thoughts we go to hell.
If we otherwise destined to believe but made the fateful mistake of encountering Datchmoto on an internet message board who succeeds in completely turning us of the idea we go to hell.

Is that an accurate summation?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2009 3:52:19 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
A photo would do me no good since my nervous system will no longer function and therefore I will not have vision. My most loved physical item will do me no good because I will cease interacting with the physical world (besides decomposing). For Yeshua... maybe I should take Charon to ferry me across the Acheron on my way to Hades, or maybe I should take Allah so I get my virgin rewards, or maybe I should take Odin to get me into Valhalla. The problem with mythology is there are so many stories to choose from. Obviously satisfaction want do me any good either, as when my brain stops functioning I will cease experiencing emotions as well.

Only Jesus can and does clense our sin, not any other false god like Allah or any other imagenated idiol to satifly the trouble which all who do not accept Jesus will face.

Study the cross, study Jesus' death and how God's relationship was shattered between Jesus. You may then see the damage of your sin, in that what it takes to pay a fine of such huge proportions. The death of Jesus is complete in logical thinking, it could not make any more sense. And people are so desprate to exclude their own sin, people come up thing theories like solipsism and empiricism and most commenly evolution, all these things will fail because they don't get to the core of the issue, they all put aside sin. Saying there is no problem with sin, they will say, sin does not exist. If I killed ten men, you would be shocked that I could do such a thing, if I killed ten babies you would want to kill me. But when I come to repantance of my sin, you will not believe in my confiction, you will say I have not been saved because the same would imply to you and you will do anything in your might to reject the truth about your self.

Now your probably thinking, "GodSands thinks he is drawing in the crowds or trying to put us down and make us feel bad, but I am not buying it." The answer is yes, I am trying to put you down and I am trying to draw in the crowds, your pride is the only thing that keeps you up on your knees, and the only thing that keeps you alive is God grace. You are proud that God has given you grace so that you may live, no you should be a reck because God has given you grace to live by, that your sin caused the death of one perfect man, Jesus.

If you couldn't care about what I am saying, and in that you will reply some stupid skeptical essay about how your sin is not sin at all, but freedom then you may as well believe that good is not actually good at all, but just a perpective of perception on what point of view you stand at while witnessing this so called good work.

Jesus died, and rose again, like it or not. (I know that they will be a copy of this replied back in the same context but with a different use of words).
Harlan
Posts: 1,880
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2009 7:20:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
If you could take one thing, what would it be, really what would it be? Would it be a photo of your family, you most loved physical item, or Yeshua who defeated death?

This was a tricky question, but I'm going to have to go with carrots. It really seems like the best choice to me. Christ is fine and dandy, but is he an orange root, which is cool, crisp, and delicious? Nope.