Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

THE PERFECT EXPLANATION FOR THE TRUTH nac

Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 1:45:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I think I have the perfect explanation for what REALLY happened with "Christian" theology that explains quite a few things that were commonly thought yet unexplained.

So it all starts before the creation of Hell and the banishment of Lucifer. God and Lucifer are just chilling, being home boys and all, when suddenly there was a revolution among the ranks of the angels. God is overthrown and imprisoned, and they banish Lucifer to Hell because he knew too much and paint him as the evil person to avert attention to the fact that since before God used to be all up in everyone's business, he seems to be gone now.

Lucifer, wanting to get back and free god, created a race of people to serve him and fight with him, which the angels quickly dubbed as demons. And thus we have the creation of heaven and hell and angels and demons.

This theory explains:

a) Why Christians are often idiotic and prick-ish.
b) Why atheists are pretty cool people to hang around.
c) Why the events of the bible no longer occur (since God is imprisoned and can't)

Alright so what do you think?
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 1:49:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 1:45:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
So I think I have the perfect explanation for what REALLY happened with "Christian" theology that explains quite a few things that were commonly thought yet unexplained.

So it all starts before the creation of Hell and the banishment of Lucifer. God and Lucifer are just chilling, being home boys and all, when suddenly there was a revolution among the ranks of the angels. God is overthrown and imprisoned, and they banish Lucifer to Hell because he knew too much and paint him as the evil person to avert attention to the fact that since before God used to be all up in everyone's business, he seems to be gone now.

Lucifer, wanting to get back and free god, created a race of people to serve him and fight with him, which the angels quickly dubbed as demons. And thus we have the creation of heaven and hell and angels and demons.

This theory explains:

a) Why Christians are often idiotic and prick-ish.
b) Why atheists are pretty cool people to hang around.
c) Why the events of the bible no longer occur (since God is imprisoned and can't)

Alright so what do you think?

It is amazing how someone with so much organized and useless knowledge can remain so irrelevent.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 1:51:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 1:49:40 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/4/2012 1:45:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
So I think I have the perfect explanation for what REALLY happened with "Christian" theology that explains quite a few things that were commonly thought yet unexplained.

So it all starts before the creation of Hell and the banishment of Lucifer. God and Lucifer are just chilling, being home boys and all, when suddenly there was a revolution among the ranks of the angels. God is overthrown and imprisoned, and they banish Lucifer to Hell because he knew too much and paint him as the evil person to avert attention to the fact that since before God used to be all up in everyone's business, he seems to be gone now.

Lucifer, wanting to get back and free god, created a race of people to serve him and fight with him, which the angels quickly dubbed as demons. And thus we have the creation of heaven and hell and angels and demons.

This theory explains:

a) Why Christians are often idiotic and prick-ish.
b) Why atheists are pretty cool people to hang around.
c) Why the events of the bible no longer occur (since God is imprisoned and can't)

Alright so what do you think?

It is amazing how someone with so much organized and useless knowledge can remain so irrelevent.

You know I understand that we're trying to act like we hate each other to hide our homosexual relations, but this is starting to hurt.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Dogknox
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 2:00:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Zaradi Nope not even close...You are wrong!
Satan wants to sit next to God "the Father" second in command. BUT.. (Big but...)
Zaradi But God has reserved the spot to his right hand for "man"!

Jesus sits to the right of the father.. ALL..
All peoples in Jesus' Holy Body will also sit to the right hand of the father.

Satan HATES you!! Satan hates all men because; "Man sits to God' right hand". Jesus judges angels, so all IN Jesus' holy Catholic Body will also judge angels!

1 Corinthians 6:3
Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Zaradi Christians are "IN" Jesus' holy body, we are "ADDED" to Jesus' holy body by Baptism!
Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Baptism IMMERSES Christians into Jesus' Holy Body!
All "IN" Jesus sit to the right hand of God!
All IN Jesus sit where Satan wants to be!

Dogknox
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 2:02:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 2:00:49 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Zaradi Nope not even close...You are wrong!
Satan wants to sit next to God "the Father" second in command. BUT.. (Big but...)
Zaradi But God has reserved the spot to his right hand for "man"!

Jesus sits to the right of the father.. ALL..
All peoples in Jesus' Holy Body will also sit to the right hand of the father.

Satan HATES you!! Satan hates all men because; "Man sits to God' right hand". Jesus judges angels, so all IN Jesus' holy Catholic Body will also judge angels!

1 Corinthians 6:3
Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Zaradi Christians are "IN" Jesus' holy body, we are "ADDED" to Jesus' holy body by Baptism!
Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Baptism IMMERSES Christians into Jesus' Holy Body!
All "IN" Jesus sit to the right hand of God!
All IN Jesus sit where Satan wants to be!

Dogknox

LOL "Dogknox versus Zaradi". This oughta be a meeting of the minds.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 2:05:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 1:51:09 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/4/2012 1:49:40 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/4/2012 1:45:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
So I think I have the perfect explanation for what REALLY happened with "Christian" theology that explains quite a few things that were commonly thought yet unexplained.

So it all starts before the creation of Hell and the banishment of Lucifer. God and Lucifer are just chilling, being home boys and all, when suddenly there was a revolution among the ranks of the angels. God is overthrown and imprisoned, and they banish Lucifer to Hell because he knew too much and paint him as the evil person to avert attention to the fact that since before God used to be all up in everyone's business, he seems to be gone now.

Lucifer, wanting to get back and free god, created a race of people to serve him and fight with him, which the angels quickly dubbed as demons. And thus we have the creation of heaven and hell and angels and demons.

This theory explains:

a) Why Christians are often idiotic and prick-ish.
b) Why atheists are pretty cool people to hang around.
c) Why the events of the bible no longer occur (since God is imprisoned and can't)

Alright so what do you think?

It is amazing how someone with so much organized and useless knowledge can remain so irrelevent.

You know I understand that we're trying to act like we hate each other to hide our homosexual relations, but this is starting to hurt.

I dont think you wanna know what I like kid.
It just might kill ya inside.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 2:06:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 1:51:09 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/4/2012 1:49:40 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/4/2012 1:45:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
So I think I have the perfect explanation for what REALLY happened with "Christian" theology that explains quite a few things that were commonly thought yet unexplained.

So it all starts before the creation of Hell and the banishment of Lucifer. God and Lucifer are just chilling, being home boys and all, when suddenly there was a revolution among the ranks of the angels. God is overthrown and imprisoned, and they banish Lucifer to Hell because he knew too much and paint him as the evil person to avert attention to the fact that since before God used to be all up in everyone's business, he seems to be gone now.

Lucifer, wanting to get back and free god, created a race of people to serve him and fight with him, which the angels quickly dubbed as demons. And thus we have the creation of heaven and hell and angels and demons.

This theory explains:

a) Why Christians are often idiotic and prick-ish.
b) Why atheists are pretty cool people to hang around.
c) Why the events of the bible no longer occur (since God is imprisoned and can't)

Alright so what do you think?

It is amazing how someone with so much organized and useless knowledge can remain so irrelevent.

You know I understand that we're trying to act like we hate each other to hide our homosexual relations, but this is starting to hurt.

Anyway. Like I said before.............This is irrelevent because in the end none of
what you say here soon will matter.
Dogknox
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 2:19:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 2:02:01 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/4/2012 2:00:49 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Zaradi Nope not even close...You are wrong!
Satan wants to sit next to God "the Father" second in command. BUT.. (Big but...)
Zaradi But God has reserved the spot to his right hand for "man"!

Jesus sits to the right of the father.. ALL..
All peoples in Jesus' Holy Body will also sit to the right hand of the father.

Satan HATES you!! Satan hates all men because; "Man sits to God' right hand". Jesus judges angels, so all IN Jesus' holy Catholic Body will also judge angels!

1 Corinthians 6:3
Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Zaradi Christians are "IN" Jesus' holy body, we are "ADDED" to Jesus' holy body by Baptism!
Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

Baptism IMMERSES Christians into Jesus' Holy Body!
All "IN" Jesus sit to the right hand of God!
All IN Jesus sit where Satan wants to be!

Dogknox

LOL "Dogknox versus Zaradi". This oughta be a meeting of the minds.
annanicole I am christian, I do not reject the scriptures!
I post scriptures, I believe the scriptures.. "I am a believer"!
I am not in a man made church, I am not expected to reject Jesus or his words! I do not think I have to restore Jesus' church otherwise if I did, I would be as you, a protestant!

All who reject Jesus' holy Catholic Church are protestant they are IN PROTEST! Zaradi is protestant, you are protestant all OUTSIDE of Jesus' ONLY Church are protestant!!

Dogknox
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 2:21:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 1:45:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
So I think I have the perfect explanation for what REALLY happened with "Christian" theology that explains quite a few things that were commonly thought yet unexplained.

So it all starts before the creation of Hell and the banishment of Lucifer. God and Lucifer are just chilling, being home boys and all, when suddenly there was a revolution among the ranks of the angels. God is overthrown and imprisoned, and they banish Lucifer to Hell because he knew too much and paint him as the evil person to avert attention to the fact that since before God used to be all up in everyone's business, he seems to be gone now.

Lucifer, wanting to get back and free god, created a race of people to serve him and fight with him, which the angels quickly dubbed as demons. And thus we have the creation of heaven and hell and angels and demons.

This theory explains:

a) Why Christians are often idiotic and prick-ish.
b) Why atheists are pretty cool people to hang around.
c) Why the events of the bible no longer occur (since God is imprisoned and can't)

Alright so what do you think?


This would make a trippy movie.

But, in regards to A, that's a bit out of line..

I'm almost positive you wouldn't even know i was a Christian if we ran into eachother.. Not that i hide it, but you seem to have a very narrow minded picture of what a Christian is.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 2:24:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 2:21:01 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 1:45:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
So I think I have the perfect explanation for what REALLY happened with "Christian" theology that explains quite a few things that were commonly thought yet unexplained.

So it all starts before the creation of Hell and the banishment of Lucifer. God and Lucifer are just chilling, being home boys and all, when suddenly there was a revolution among the ranks of the angels. God is overthrown and imprisoned, and they banish Lucifer to Hell because he knew too much and paint him as the evil person to avert attention to the fact that since before God used to be all up in everyone's business, he seems to be gone now.

Lucifer, wanting to get back and free god, created a race of people to serve him and fight with him, which the angels quickly dubbed as demons. And thus we have the creation of heaven and hell and angels and demons.

This theory explains:

a) Why Christians are often idiotic and prick-ish.
b) Why atheists are pretty cool people to hang around.
c) Why the events of the bible no longer occur (since God is imprisoned and can't)

Alright so what do you think?


This would make a trippy movie.

It's actually the idea for a book I once considered writing.

But, in regards to A, that's a bit out of line..

I'm almost positive you wouldn't even know i was a Christian if we ran into eachother.. Not that i hide it, but you seem to have a very narrow minded picture of what a Christian is.

Refer to the bolded. I do not call all Christians pricks (although there are quite a few who have a bit of prick problems that exceed the might of any soothing cream.)
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 3:21:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Heres my theory.

A long long time ago in a galaxy far far away.....

After Jesus left us, Christians were on top of the world. Muslims hadnt been invented yet and the Jews just had their a** kicked because a fragment of their own religion basically proved themselves right (at the time) and so people started converting to christianity in droves. European powers converted from pagan beliefs to christian ones while the Jews continues to be stuck in their spot as a more minor religion without a country to take refuge in. Christianity had its golden years from 0 AD to about 1000 AD, but then Christianity's two worst enemies came along, Islam, and Science.

Islam had recently showed up with their prophet Muhammad, and even though Euope would remain heavily Christian, Most of the Middle East and Africa became muslim lands, becoming the first major religion to pose a threat to the superiority of Christianity. Science then started coming along and actually began to attack the fundamental beliefs behind Christianity which had angered the Church.....

The Church then began a two front war against Islam and Science, the first war against Islam ended in a stalemate with nothing gained and only millions of lives lost, but when Christianity started to attack science, science fought back and had key early victories. Gravity, the rotation of the Earth around the sun, tectonic plates, all of these things had debunked the things that Christianity had claimed was the work of God. For the next 600 years from 1000 AD to 1600 AD, Science began to make progress against Christianity which began to decline since it was unable to make their case for why things happened whereas science was able to.

But then, a miracle! America was discovered, vast amounts of untapped land where people could move and take their religion with them. European countries were the ones who had access to the colonization of this new world, so millions of christians began to go to the new world and they spread Christianity to new lands. Countries made heaps of money from their colonies and even though fragmented religions began to emerge (Lutheran and Protestant), Catholicism was still on top and was reigning supreme again, but the reign was short.

From 1600 to 1800, The colonies had stayed loyal to their mother and father countries back in Europe, but as country after country began to claim their independence, Europe once again fell into decline while the power of Christianity had shifted to the America's. The place founded on religious freedom allowed Christianity to flourish with a few tweaks here and there depending on the place, but overall sill the same Religion. With its new home, Christianity had a new hope.

But alas, not even an ocean could keep science away.

There began periods of time in America when rational thinking, philosophy, and other new ideas began to allow people to begin to question their beliefs without fear of being persecuted for doing so. What was remarkable though is that unlike Europe, Americans quickly made peace with having parts of their beliefs shown to be wrong. It didnt matter because the independent Christian countries were colonizing lands of their own so they could afford it when one or two minor beliefs were debunked by science when millions of acres were still admitted into christian countries.

But then the land was colonized, all of it, and there was nowhere else to be colonized in Europe, Asia, the Americas, or even Australia (which had been conquered by then)

Christianity thus began a fall from the 1800's up to the 1950's as once again there was now where else to give christianity a stronghold against science which continued to debunk the world that Christianity had been trying to preserve and enforce for generations. It seemed almost a matter of time before Christianity was whittled down to the basics and served more as a means of explaining parts of the universe and the world science could not clarify. But then something spectacular happened, or rather, something horrific happened.

From the 1950's up to today, a new movement in America slowly began to take form, and it was so slowly that people dont know exactly when it started or where. From the 1950's up to today, people began to selfishly cling to their beliefs in the face of science rather then accept that they were wrong. This arrogance had never been seen before and was something that had been observed on a much smaller scale in Europe, but that paled into comparison to what was now going on in America.

The more irrational people in America began to simply reject science and clung to their beliefs. They believed everything in the Bible no matter how much science had shown it was bullsh*t, and it baffled people. The amount of stupidity it takes to believe everything in the Bible in its form 2000 years ago when science has proven so much of it wrong was never seen before and is something that has only been seen on a large scale in America.

Which brings us to the present. Christianity is now a war fought on three sides.
- 1 - The dumb ignorant hicks who reject science when they can and cling to all the false beliefs and explanations the Bible has for the world
- 2 - The intelligent members who wage war against the hicks who try to reason with them through science but to no avail
- 3 - And then there is the large silent majority of Christian Americans who have made peace with science debunking some of their faiths but still get the basic idea of Christianity. They let group 2 deal with group 1 rather then get together with group 2 to tell group 1 that theyre a bunch of dumbf*cks making all of them look bad.

So what is the state of religion today? It is no longer a question of religion vs science, science has won that battle. Instead it is now a war of rationality and reason vs irrationality and ignorance. Christianity will be able to survive science overall because science is still a long time away from fundamentally proving or disproving God, but dumba**es in America cant seem to make peace with that idea and thus cling to the medieval tactics of trying to preserve Christianity in its original form from 2000 years ago. This state of conflict thus explains why

1) The loudest dumbest Christians reject science while all the rational ones remain silence preferring not to get involved
2) The ones fighting the dumbest Christians are often the ones who are the most rational and clear minded, the Atheists
3) Why events of the Bible no longer occur, because science has shown what truly drives the forces behind it whereas the Bible tried to attribute those explanations as examples of God's power, not science's.

How'd I do?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2012 6:08:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 2:24:14 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/4/2012 2:21:01 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 9/4/2012 1:45:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
So I think I have the perfect explanation for what REALLY happened with "Christian" theology that explains quite a few things that were commonly thought yet unexplained.

So it all starts before the creation of Hell and the banishment of Lucifer. God and Lucifer are just chilling, being home boys and all, when suddenly there was a revolution among the ranks of the angels. God is overthrown and imprisoned, and they banish Lucifer to Hell because he knew too much and paint him as the evil person to avert attention to the fact that since before God used to be all up in everyone's business, he seems to be gone now.

Lucifer, wanting to get back and free god, created a race of people to serve him and fight with him, which the angels quickly dubbed as demons. And thus we have the creation of heaven and hell and angels and demons.

This theory explains:

a) Why Christians are often idiotic and prick-ish.
b) Why atheists are pretty cool people to hang around.
c) Why the events of the bible no longer occur (since God is imprisoned and can't)

Alright so what do you think?


This would make a trippy movie.

It's actually the idea for a book I once considered writing.

But, in regards to A, that's a bit out of line..

I'm almost positive you wouldn't even know i was a Christian if we ran into eachother.. Not that i hide it, but you seem to have a very narrow minded picture of what a Christian is.

Refer to the bolded. I do not call all Christians pricks (although there are quite a few who have a bit of prick problems that exceed the might of any soothing cream.)

And you think that the same thing doesn't apply to some atheists?? There are pricks on both sides of any argument over any subject. It's a side effect of being human.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:16:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 1:45:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
So I think I have the perfect explanation for what REALLY happened with "Christian" theology that explains quite a few things that were commonly thought yet unexplained.

So it all starts before the creation of Hell and the banishment of Lucifer. God and Lucifer are just chilling, being home boys and all, when suddenly there was a revolution among the ranks of the angels. God is overthrown and imprisoned, and they banish Lucifer to Hell because he knew too much and paint him as the evil person to avert attention to the fact that since before God used to be all up in everyone's business, he seems to be gone now.

Lucifer, wanting to get back and free god, created a race of people to serve him and fight with him, which the angels quickly dubbed as demons. And thus we have the creation of heaven and hell and angels and demons.

This theory explains:

a) Why Christians are often idiotic and prick-ish.
b) Why atheists are pretty cool people to hang around.
c) Why the events of the bible no longer occur (since God is imprisoned and can't)

Alright so what do you think?

If you really want to know what I think, I think it is incorrect. My reason for saying that is because it flies in the face of the Bible itself.
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:17:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 12:16:44 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/4/2012 1:45:44 PM, Zaradi wrote:
So I think I have the perfect explanation for what REALLY happened with "Christian" theology that explains quite a few things that were commonly thought yet unexplained.

So it all starts before the creation of Hell and the banishment of Lucifer. God and Lucifer are just chilling, being home boys and all, when suddenly there was a revolution among the ranks of the angels. God is overthrown and imprisoned, and they banish Lucifer to Hell because he knew too much and paint him as the evil person to avert attention to the fact that since before God used to be all up in everyone's business, he seems to be gone now.

Lucifer, wanting to get back and free god, created a race of people to serve him and fight with him, which the angels quickly dubbed as demons. And thus we have the creation of heaven and hell and angels and demons.

This theory explains:

a) Why Christians are often idiotic and prick-ish.
b) Why atheists are pretty cool people to hang around.
c) Why the events of the bible no longer occur (since God is imprisoned and can't)

Alright so what do you think?

If you really want to know what I think, I think it is incorrect. My reason for saying that is because it flies in the face of the Bible itself.

Be nice to him Zaradi, hes brand new to the site and still hasnt learned much about how things work on here in the religious section.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:20:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
For the record Asylum, people in this forum rarely treat the Bible as an accurate source of information, and using it as your only source to justify or completely debunk someone elses argument is a quick way to get some people in this forum to not like you.

You CAN use The Bible though if you can clearly cite from it arguments based on rational thought and logic to apply to the other persons arguments, but anything outside of that and you'll probably get yelled at by someone.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:26:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 12:20:35 AM, imabench wrote:
For the record Asylum, people in this forum rarely treat the Bible as an accurate source of information, and using it as your only source to justify or completely debunk someone elses argument is a quick way to get some people in this forum to not like you.

You CAN use The Bible though if you can clearly cite from it arguments based on rational thought and logic to apply to the other persons arguments, but anything outside of that and you'll probably get yelled at by someone.

Should I post scripture to verify?
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:29:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 12:26:42 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/5/2012 12:20:35 AM, imabench wrote:
For the record Asylum, people in this forum rarely treat the Bible as an accurate source of information, and using it as your only source to justify or completely debunk someone elses argument is a quick way to get some people in this forum to not like you.

You CAN use The Bible though if you can clearly cite from it arguments based on rational thought and logic to apply to the other persons arguments, but anything outside of that and you'll probably get yelled at by someone.

Should I post scripture to verify?

Sure, just be careful to post only the parts necessary to the point your making, and translate the scripture into Modern terms to best make your point.

It also does help to back up your reasoning with sources (basically any web page on the internet that supports what you say, you copy-paste the link to the website after your argument)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 12:53:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Should I post scripture to verify?

Sure, just be careful to post only the parts necessary to the point your making, and translate the scripture into Modern terms to best make your point.

It also does help to back up your reasoning with sources (basically any web page on the internet that supports what you say, you copy-paste the link to the website after your argument)

Thanks.
Here are some scriptures that describe Lucifer or satan, his origin and fall.
Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone wasthy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee."
http://www.xenos.org...
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 1:20:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 12:53:20 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
Should I post scripture to verify?

Sure, just be careful to post only the parts necessary to the point your making, and translate the scripture into Modern terms to best make your point.

It also does help to back up your reasoning with sources (basically any web page on the internet that supports what you say, you copy-paste the link to the website after your argument)

Thanks.
Here are some scriptures that describe Lucifer or satan, his origin and fall.
Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone wasthy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee."
http://www.xenos.org...

Asylum, what conclusion are you drawing from this? If you dont explain what these scriptures mean and how they relate to Zaradi's idea then Zaradi gets to interpret your argument himself and could be way off.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 1:25:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Thanks.
Here are some scriptures that describe Lucifer or satan, his origin and fall.
Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone wasthy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee."
http://www.xenos.org...

Asylum, what conclusion are you drawing from this? If you dont explain what these scriptures mean and how they relate to Zaradi's idea then Zaradi gets to interpret your argument himself and could be way off.

The scriptures themselves draw the conclusion. I think they speak for themselves very well. It tells what happened to Lucifer and why. The link also gives a full analysis, does it not?
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 1:31:22 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/5/2012 1:25:48 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
Thanks.
Here are some scriptures that describe Lucifer or satan, his origin and fall.
Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone wasthy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. 15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. 16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. 18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee."
http://www.xenos.org...

Asylum, what conclusion are you drawing from this? If you dont explain what these scriptures mean and how they relate to Zaradi's idea then Zaradi gets to interpret your argument himself and could be way off.

The scriptures themselves draw the conclusion. I think they speak for themselves very well. It tells what happened to Lucifer and why. The link also gives a full analysis, does it not?

it might to you but its not the style people use to debate here... The language of DDO is that you basically act as if your explaining the scriptures to a four year old. The scriptures say yatta yatta yatta but basically they mean that yatta yatta.

You know how an English teacher reads from A shakespeare story by reading what is written and then basically rephrases it so that the students can understand what is going on? Same principles apply on here when citing scriptures.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 1:32:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/4/2012 2:19:48 PM, Dogknox wrote:
All who reject Jesus' holy Catholic Church are protestant they are IN PROTEST! Zaradi is protestant, you are protestant all OUTSIDE of Jesus' ONLY Church are protestant!!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: The catholic Cult itself states it stole its foundations of beliefs from Story book jesus' church = The Jewish Church!

The completed form of the Jewish religion is known as Christianity, . . . . (catholic Answers - Source: http://www.catholic.com...)

Story book jesus was born a Jew and forever remained a Jew!

Next!
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 2:07:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The name Lucifer only appears in the English Bible once, in Isa. 14:12, which says:
Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

-We see that Lucifer was in heaven but then is thrown to the ground. Then we learn why in the following verses.

"13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit."

-We see that he his cut down because he wished to ascend above God. We see that he is punished by God. His punishment was hell. Though, this is the only place in the Bible that Lucifer is mentioned. Lucifer is also known by satan throughout the Bible. In Ezekiel we also see a angel threw out from Heaven. The passages in Isa. and Ezk. are exsplaining the same angel. The reason we know this is because the only angel thrown out of heaven in description within the Bible is Lucifer/satan. We return to the passages in my original post.

Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more."

-As the OP mentioned, Lucifer was a great angel with God, But we also see that he has inquitity within. This inquitity was the desire to be God and to be worshipped as God. Therefore he was cast out of heaven by God. This is totally different then what the OP claims.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2012 2:17:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I enjoy the psychological effect of the Luciferian version where God is an evil tyrant and Satan is a heroic figure that rebelled against him and encourages humans to do the same.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord