Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If God can be proved...

TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 11:34:26 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You can only find God for yourself. He is not to be shown to some. Not eveyone will gain salvation. If as you pointed was able to be proven by all men then all would accept him. This again as you said, negates faith.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 11:41:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 11:34:26 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
You can only find God for yourself. He is not to be shown to some. Not eveyone will gain salvation. If as you pointed was able to be proven by all men then all would accept him. This again as you said, negates faith.

wow...i never wrote "all men" nor "salvation". fyi...All are saved not just some
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:08:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 11:34:26 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
You can only find God for yourself. He is not to be shown to some. Not eveyone will gain salvation. If as you pointed was able to be proven by all men then all would accept him. This again as you said, negates faith.

If this is true, and not everyone will find salvation, what is the point of Revelations, where God supposedly comes down from the heavens and everyone is saved and fight against the devil and wooo!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:10:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 11:41:36 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/6/2012 11:34:26 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
You can only find God for yourself. He is not to be shown to some. Not eveyone will gain salvation. If as you pointed was able to be proven by all men then all would accept him. This again as you said, negates faith.

wow...i never wrote "all men" nor "salvation". fyi...All are saved not just some

So, we all will go to heaven and recieve glory?
True, Jesus died for us all but not all will accept it and recieve it.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:12:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:08:32 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/6/2012 11:34:26 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
You can only find God for yourself. He is not to be shown to some. Not eveyone will gain salvation. If as you pointed was able to be proven by all men then all would accept him. This again as you said, negates faith.

If this is true, and not everyone will find salvation, what is the point of Revelations, where God supposedly comes down from the heavens and everyone is saved and fight against the devil and wooo!

Where is your scriptures for this?
Here is mine:
Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:48:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:08:32 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/6/2012 11:34:26 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
You can only find God for yourself. He is not to be shown to some. Not eveyone will gain salvation. If as you pointed was able to be proven by all men then all would accept him. This again as you said, negates faith.

If this is true, and not everyone will find salvation, what is the point of Revelations, where God supposedly comes down from the heavens and everyone is saved and fight against the devil and wooo!

None....revelation is about Ancient Rome. Dispensationalism is a 19th century invention.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:50:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:10:07 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 11:41:36 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/6/2012 11:34:26 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
You can only find God for yourself. He is not to be shown to some. Not eveyone will gain salvation. If as you pointed was able to be proven by all men then all would accept him. This again as you said, negates faith.

wow...i never wrote "all men" nor "salvation". fyi...All are saved not just some

So, we all will go to heaven and recieve glory?
True, Jesus died for us all but not all will accept it and recieve it.

LOL You confuse you concept of acceptance with God's. It is far more probable that ALL go to heaven than that only some do, after all culpability is known only to God.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:52:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:48:57 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:08:32 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/6/2012 11:34:26 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
You can only find God for yourself. He is not to be shown to some. Not eveyone will gain salvation. If as you pointed was able to be proven by all men then all would accept him. This again as you said, negates faith.

If this is true, and not everyone will find salvation, what is the point of Revelations, where God supposedly comes down from the heavens and everyone is saved and fight against the devil and wooo!

None....revelation is about Ancient Rome. Dispensationalism is a 19th century invention.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
19th century is almost right.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:52:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Scripture is not a source, it is only valid in a specific faith community of shared belief systems. It is used far more for evil than Good, as it says in there.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 12:53:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:50:32 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:10:07 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 11:41:36 AM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/6/2012 11:34:26 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
You can only find God for yourself. He is not to be shown to some. Not eveyone will gain salvation. If as you pointed was able to be proven by all men then all would accept him. This again as you said, negates faith.

wow...i never wrote "all men" nor "salvation". fyi...All are saved not just some

So, we all will go to heaven and recieve glory?
True, Jesus died for us all but not all will accept it and recieve it.

LOL You confuse you concept of acceptance with God's. It is far more probable that ALL go to heaven than that only some do, after all culpability is known only to God.

Ok...if you say so, Tim.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:03:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:54:29 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:52:34 PM, logicrules wrote:
Scripture is not a source,

I'll remember you said that.

Good....I never quote as a source, use of scripture as a stand alone source is strictly an Evangelical construct, only recently exported outside the US.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:05:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 12:52:04 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:48:57 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:08:32 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/6/2012 11:34:26 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
You can only find God for yourself. He is not to be shown to some. Not eveyone will gain salvation. If as you pointed was able to be proven by all men then all would accept him. This again as you said, negates faith.

If this is true, and not everyone will find salvation, what is the point of Revelations, where God supposedly comes down from the heavens and everyone is saved and fight against the devil and wooo!

None....revelation is about Ancient Rome. Dispensationalism is a 19th century invention.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
19th century is almost right.

LOL thats ot not Revelation, and it is the end is always as God has no time....go figure. As a rule..Daniel is about the CHrist....done and dusted for Chritians.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:25:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 1:03:11 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:54:29 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:52:34 PM, logicrules wrote:
Scripture is not a source,

I'll remember you said that.

Good....I never quote as a source, use of scripture as a stand alone source is strictly an Evangelical construct, only recently exported outside the US.

You should quote because your opinions are not clergy. The scriptures are the ultimate sources and they testify for themselves, unlike yourself.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 1:37:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 1:25:25 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 1:03:11 PM, logicrules wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:54:29 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 12:52:34 PM, logicrules wrote:
Scripture is not a source,

I'll remember you said that.

Good....I never quote as a source, use of scripture as a stand alone source is strictly an Evangelical construct, only recently exported outside the US.

You should quote because your opinions are not clergy. The scriptures are the ultimate sources and they testify for themselves, unlike yourself.

LOL is that supposed to make sense?
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 3:27:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
That's how humans beings suck others into believing nonsense without evidence. "You can witness the holy spirit yourself!" "just have faith". Hooey is what that is, for gullible fools.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 3:29:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 3:27:19 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
That's how humans beings suck others into believing nonsense without evidence. "You can witness the holy spirit yourself!" "just have faith". Hooey is what that is, for gullible fools.:

Your grammer and tongue sounds just like what you described here.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 3:35:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 3:29:58 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:27:19 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
That's how humans beings suck others into believing nonsense without evidence. "You can witness the holy spirit yourself!" "just have faith". Hooey is what that is, for gullible fools.:

Your grammer and tongue sounds just like what you described here.

Learn to spell before you speak about "grammer" Lmao.
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 3:37:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 3:29:58 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:27:19 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
That's how humans beings suck others into believing nonsense without evidence. "You can witness the holy spirit yourself!" "just have faith". Hooey is what that is, for gullible fools.:

Your grammer and tongue sounds just like what you described here.

Nice way to not actually respond to what he brought up while looking like you're showing how stupid it is.

Also, the underlined stuff are the only grammatical errors. So even your "refutation" is skimming the surface at best.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 3:37:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 3:35:02 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:29:58 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:27:19 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
That's how humans beings suck others into believing nonsense without evidence. "You can witness the holy spirit yourself!" "just have faith". Hooey is what that is, for gullible fools.:

Your grammer and tongue sounds just like what you described here.

Learn to spell before you speak about "grammer" Lmao.

Oh I didn't even notice that one! Nice catch.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 3:44:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 3:37:54 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:35:02 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:29:58 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:27:19 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
That's how humans beings suck others into believing nonsense without evidence. "You can witness the holy spirit yourself!" "just have faith". Hooey is what that is, for gullible fools.:

Your grammer and tongue sounds just like what you described here.

Learn to spell before you speak about "grammer" Lmao.

Oh I didn't even notice that one! Nice catch.

And I spelled what, incorrectly?
Nothing. LOL.
That's how human beings suck others into believing nonsense without evidence. "You can witness the Holy Spirit for yourself!" "Just have faith". Hooey is what that is, for just gullible fools.
Notice the difference?
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 3:45:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 1:23:08 PM, stubs wrote:
Logic, your profile says you are Christian Catholic, but your post don't reflect that. Could you explain?

No, because my post are always in line with rCC teaching...perhaps it is in your understanding. Give me the specific you find in error and Ill see if i can respond.
logicrules
Posts: 1,721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 3:47:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 3:27:19 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
That's how humans beings suck others into believing nonsense without evidence. "You can witness the holy spirit yourself!" "just have faith". Hooey is what that is, for gullible fools.

At least that opinion is legitimate.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 3:47:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Nice way to not actually respond to what he brought up while looking like you're showing how stupid it is.

Also, the underlined stuff are the only grammatical errors. So even your "refutation" is skimming the surface at best.

He did not bring nothing up and you not being able to notice that, should scare you.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 3:58:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 3:44:08 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:37:54 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:35:02 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:29:58 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/6/2012 3:27:19 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
That's how humans beings suck others into believing nonsense without evidence. "You can witness the holy spirit yourself!" "just have faith". Hooey is what that is, for gullible fools.:

Your grammer and tongue sounds just like what you described here.

Learn to spell before you speak about "grammer" Lmao.

Oh I didn't even notice that one! Nice catch.

And I spelled what, incorrectly?
Nothing. LOL.

This just proves you don't know how to spell. It is "grammar" not "grammer". You are trying to be a grammar cop and you have trouble spelling. You should be embarrassed. Epic fail.

That's how human beings suck others into believing nonsense without evidence. "You can witness the Holy Spirit for yourself!" "Just have faith". Hooey is what that is, for just gullible fools.
Notice the difference?
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 4:01:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 3:47:24 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
Nice way to not actually respond to what he brought up while looking like you're showing how stupid it is.

Also, the underlined stuff are the only grammatical errors. So even your "refutation" is skimming the surface at best.

He did not bring nothing up and you not being able to notice that, should scare you.

He did not bring up nothing? Horrible grammar my dude, double negative alert.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 4:02:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We all get sloppy, and I don't care too much about grammar or spelling on forums. I just find it ironic that someone who cannot even spell grammar correctly, wants to harp me on my grammar.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2012 4:06:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/6/2012 4:02:20 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
We all get sloppy, and I don't care too much about grammar or spelling on forums. I just find it ironic that someone who cannot even spell grammar correctly, wants to harp me on my grammar.

Sorry, You are right! lol. ;|
I am a dummy.