Biblical Discussion sign-up

TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:48:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hi all friends.
This post will be for everyone, muslim, scientist, atheist, general thiest, deist and Christian alike to sign-up for a full length Biblical discussion on DDO.
This disscussion is not for proving God or validation for the Bible in general. In this discussion those are given requirements. If that bothers you, then please do not sign-up, for your contributions are not needed.
In this discussion all brands of belief and study are welcome. I am hoping that many peoples views and knowledge can be shared to strengthen our own knowledge in Christ and His Word.
Every person that signs up is required to give a description of thier faith, belief and/or lack thereof. You should also mention your experience of Biblical teaching.
Naturally those who are well educated in the Bible are jewels in this discussion and those who are not and want to learn are diamonds in the rough, in which we wish to polish.
There will be 2 sets of sign-ups:
1. A Shepherd- Well educated in teaching of the scriptures
2. The Sheep- Those who have weak faith or less knowledgable or none at all
As I mentioned before all are welcome to discuss. Though to be able too, you must be humble, as even the Shepherd does, and be willing to learn.
I hope we can have a great discussion. Any topic of the Bible is open for discussion. I will give this a week for sign-ups and then we will go from there.
SIGN-UPS
Shepherds:
(Please feel free to add your name & number further)
Sheep:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:52:12 AM
I don't understand... how would this differ from a regular thread?

In other words, why wouldn't you just start a biblical discussion thread with the same parameters, rather than having sign-ups?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:52:51 AM
SIGN-UPS
Shepherds:
1. The Asylum - Christian, Baptist - I have read the Bible for over 25 years. I have been saved for 25 years also. I have numerous preachers and people of faith in my own family. I also am a Preacher and teacher for 5 years now. I have studied many religions & cults. I have study many versions of the Bible. I have supreme will to only teach what is directly written in the Bible.
Sheep:
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:53:32 AM
At 9/7/2012 8:52:12 AM, Ren wrote:

In other words, why wouldn't you just start a biblical discussion thread with the same parameters, rather than having sign-ups?

Because in the end we will discuss off the forum's
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:58:53 AM

I am sorry I should have mentioned that. I got into a rush I suppose. Yes, I would like to go in message or such to discuss not in the forums. I do leave that up to the signers. I just would like everyone to have a understanding of who people are and thier background first.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:27:56 AM
At 9/7/2012 8:58:53 AM, TheAsylum wrote:

I am sorry I should have mentioned that. I got into a rush I suppose. Yes, I would like to go in message or such to discuss not in the forums. I do leave that up to the signers. I just would like everyone to have a understanding of who people are and thier background first.

Why don't you simply have a routine formal debate with one opponent?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:30:32 AM

????????????This is not a debate, it is a discussion. You should sign-up you need it.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:38:10 AM
At 9/7/2012 10:30:32 AM, TheAsylum wrote:

????????????This is not a debate, it is a discussion. You should sign-up you need it.

Sorry, I'd accept the Bible and the Bible alone, but I don't care for your pretensions of direct revelation and Holy Spirit influence in addition to and distinct from the Bible alone. You never did explain the difference between you, Imposter Joe Smith, Addled Ellen White, Jim Jones, and David Koresh. Nor will you. Yet they all claim special illuminations, mysterious revelations, direct Holy Spirit enlightenment. All of this must be rejected, including your claims of the same thing.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:39:39 AM
At 9/7/2012 10:38:10 AM, annanicole wrote:

Sorry, I'd accept the Bible and the Bible alone, but I don't care for your pretensions of direct revelation and Holy Spirit influence in addition to and distinct from the Bible alone. You never did explain the difference between you, Imposter Joe Smith, Addled Ellen White, Jim Jones, and David Koresh. Nor will you. Yet they all claim special illuminations, mysterious revelations, direct Holy Spirit enlightenment. All of this must be rejected, including your claims of the same thing.

Your David Koresh, Jim Jones, Ellen White, Joe Smith. You repeatly show it.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:42:09 AM
Sorry, I'd accept the Bible and the Bible alone, but I don't care for your pretensions of direct revelation and Holy Spirit influence in addition to and distinct from the Bible alone. You never did explain the difference between you, Imposter Joe Smith, Addled Ellen White, Jim Jones, and David Koresh. Nor will you. Yet they all claim special illuminations, mysterious revelations, direct Holy Spirit enlightenment. All of this must be rejected, including your claims of the same thing.:

If you are so right and I am so wrong. Why dont you sign-up and expose me. If your teachings are right and you have firm ground to stand on then show it. STOP BEING A COWARD. STOP TALKING WITHOUT THE BIBLE TO BACK YOU UP.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:42:18 AM
At 9/7/2012 10:39:39 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/7/2012 10:38:10 AM, annanicole wrote:

Your David Koresh, Jim Jones, Ellen White, Joe Smith. You repeatly show it.

Sure, Asylum, sure. I'm the one who runs around telling folks that God somehow directly spoke to me, right? I stand on nothing but the Bible and the Bible alone. I've never had and never claimed special revelations, special divine illuminations, mysterious enlightenments, or anything of the kind. You do claim that. So you're no better than Joe Smith or Ellen White. And you can't explain the difference in your enlightenment versus Joe's, Ellen's, David's, and Jim's. Not a lick of difference.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:43:28 AM
At 9/7/2012 10:42:09 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
Sorry, I'd accept the Bible and the Bible alone, but I don't care for your pretensions of direct revelation and Holy Spirit influence in addition to and distinct from the Bible alone. You never did explain the difference between you, Imposter Joe Smith, Addled Ellen White, Jim Jones, and David Koresh. Nor will you. Yet they all claim special illuminations, mysterious revelations, direct Holy Spirit enlightenment. All of this must be rejected, including your claims of the same thing.:

If you are so right and I am so wrong. Why dont you sign-up and expose me. If your teachings are right and you have firm ground to stand on then show it. STOP BEING A COWARD. STOP TALKING WITHOUT THE BIBLE TO BACK YOU UP.

Fine. Want a debate challenge? How about, "The Bible teaches that water baptism of a penitent believer is unto the remission of sins"? How's that?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:43:52 AM
Sure, Asylum, sure. I'm the one who runs around telling folks that God somehow directly spoke to me, right? I stand on nothing but the Bible and the Bible alone. I've never had and never claimed special revelations, special divine illuminations, mysterious enlightenments, or anything of the kind. You do claim that. So you're no better than Joe Smith or Ellen White. And you can't explain the difference in your enlightenment versus Joe's, Ellen's, David's, and Jim's. Not a lick of difference.

In have not claimed nothing of the such...which shows you are a liar as well. I have the Holy Ghost and if you do not then your not saved nor christain.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:46:48 AM
At 9/7/2012 10:43:52 AM, TheAsylum wrote:

In have not claimed nothing of the such...which shows you are a liar as well. I have the Holy Ghost and if you do not then your not saved nor christain.

Why, you claimed that the Holy Ghost illuminated things for you, enlightened you, and you even told me to pray for the same thing. What's the difference?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:48:19 AM
At 9/7/2012 10:46:48 AM, annanicole wrote:

Why, you claimed that the Holy Ghost illuminated things for you, enlightened you, and you even told me to pray for the same thing. What's the difference?

The difference is the Holy Ghost does work in this world. The Bible tells you this. What do you think the spirit is. More proof you are not Christian nor have the Holy Ghost in you.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:48:59 AM

So in otherwords you a coward to do the same thing here?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:52:26 AM
At 9/7/2012 10:48:19 AM, TheAsylum wrote:

The difference is the Holy Ghost does work in this world. The Bible tells you this. What do you think the spirit is. More proof you are not Christian nor have the Holy Ghost in you.

Explain the difference: the same Holy Ghost who led Joe Smith into Mormonism, yet led Ellen White into Seventh Day Adventism, and apparently led you right into the Baptist Church. Same Holy Ghost claims. The Holy Ghost leads the Holy Rollin' Pentecostals to jump, shout, speak in tongues, and roll around on the carpet. But the Holy Ghost leads Baptists to just sit there reverently. So the Spirit led people into Mormonism, Seventh Day Adventism, and rolling around. Is the Spirit that badly confused? I asked why the Spirit leads people into so much heresy - and how your leading is any different.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:53:01 AM

Do you believe in the power of the Holy Spirit?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 10:56:14 AM

No, she believes, that revelations are fulfilled and we are just waiting for Jesus. That we all are saved. That the Roman Empire was the antichrist and the fiurth beast. That because I am influenced by te Holy Ghost I am some madman.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:06:28 AM
SIGN-UPS
Shepherds:
1. The Asylum - Christian, Baptist - I have read the Bible for over 25 years. I have been saved for 25 years also. I have numerous preachers and people of faith in my own family. I also am a Preacher and teacher for 5 years now. I have studied many religions & cults. I have study many versions of the Bible. I have supreme will to only teach what is directly written in the Bible.
2. Medic- Christian. I have no denomination as I believe Christ only has one church, and that church is His body. I was raised in the Baptist and Pentecostal churches. As a young adult, I claimed to be an atheist for a couple years. God reclaimed me when I first held my first son. Since then I have been studying the Bible, though I'm far from an expert. I'm good at finding resources to help with Bible study, and I'd be delighted to help in any role that I'm needed.
Sheep:
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:08:02 AM
At 9/7/2012 11:06:28 AM, medic0506 wrote:
SIGN-UPS
Shepherds:
1. The Asylum - Christian, Baptist - I have read the Bible for over 25 years. I have been saved for 25 years also. I have numerous preachers and people of faith in my own family. I also am a Preacher and teacher for 5 years now. I have studied many religions & cults. I have study many versions of the Bible. I have a supreme will to only teach what is directly written in the Bible.
2. Medic- Christian. I have no denomination as I believe Christ only has one church, and that church is His body. I was raised in the Baptist and Pentecostal churches. As a young adult, I claimed to be an atheist for a couple years. God reclaimed me when I first held my first son. Since then I have been studying the Bible, though I'm far from an expert. I'm good at finding resources to help with Bible study, and I'd be delighted to help in any role that I'm needed.
Sheep:

Thanks Medic, Your contributions are very much needed.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:08:18 AM
Lol, this thread makes me feel like it's 1800 and the Second Great Awakening just got underway. This is fun keep it up. :)
'sup DDO -- july 2013
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:08:42 AM
At 9/7/2012 10:53:01 AM, stubs wrote:

Certainly! I believe the Spirit convicts, converts, and leads through the means of the word. The word of God is the sword, the weapon, the piercing instrument of the Holy Spirit. No, I certainly do not believe in any direct infusions of enlightenment or illumination by the Spirit.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:09:56 AM
At 9/7/2012 11:08:18 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Lol, this thread makes me feel like it's 1800 and the Second Great Awakening just got underway. This is fun keep it up. :)

LOL. Glad someone is amused. A laugh hurts no one.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:11:01 AM
No, I certainly do not believe in any direct infusions of enlightenment or illumination by the Spirit.:

Notice your insertions. I have claimed nothing of the such.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 11:11:43 AM
At 9/7/2012 11:08:42 AM, annanicole wrote:

Certainly! I believe the Spirit convicts, converts, and leads through the means of the word. The word of God is the sword, the weapon, the piercing instrument of the Holy Spirit. No, I certainly do not believe in any direct infusions of enlightenment or illumination by the Spirit.

When you said, "leads through the means of the word." Did you mean the holy spirit helps us interpret the bible?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 1:29:29 PM
At 9/7/2012 11:11:43 AM, stubs wrote:
At 9/7/2012 11:08:42 AM, annanicole wrote:

When you said, "leads through the means of the word." Did you mean the holy spirit helps us interpret the bible?

Absolutely not. The Holy Spirit inspired the Bible - inspired men like Paul and Peter, Matthew and John. To say that the Holy Spirit inspired a book or a collection of books, but did so in such a way as to make them incomprehensible without some kind of additional illumination, is, to me, kinda silly. Yet that's exactly what the hierarchy of Rome says, the Holy Rollers say, the Mormons, and plenty of other groups.
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:10:08 PM
TheAsylum.....are you Scotty in disguise?
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:18:46 PM
At 9/7/2012 2:10:08 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

I wondered that.
GenesisCreation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 2:34:23 PM
At 9/7/2012 2:18:46 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 9/7/2012 2:10:08 PM, GenesisCreation wrote:

I wondered that.

The emotional correspondence is...very...similar.
Um....You've got a log in your eye.
"I would be suspicious of an argument without any concessions." - John Dickson