Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Will religion be banned?

DavidJames1
Posts: 122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:47:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The bible certainly prophesies as much.
Before reasoning on it, I would like to get everyone's opinion on the question?

Will religion be banned?
DavidJames1
Posts: 122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:50:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 5:48:28 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
This has happened before, in Hoxha controlled Albania. People were arrested for even owning holy books.

What about on a worldwide scale? Perhaps by the UN?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:52:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's conceivable that it could happen, though I'm not sure when. It's definately being pushed into seclusion in favor of non-religion.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 5:59:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."

I was under the impression that secularism just meant a state not controlled by theocratic laws. I guess I got it all wrong by calling myself secular since I'm not an atheist.
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 6:01:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Banned in public and banning people from meeting in public to participate in their religion? Maybe..... Waaaaaaaaay in the future........ Maybe

But being outlawed completely? Never going to happen.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 6:04:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
For the sake of control in a world that is becoming increasing literate and informed, I think it's quite conceivable.
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 6:04:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 5:47:15 PM, DavidJames1 wrote:
The bible certainly prophesies as much.
Before reasoning on it, I would like to get everyone's opinion on the question?

Will religion be banned?

We must define religion. I consider cult's and some science religion.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 6:05:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 5:59:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."

I was under the impression that secularism just meant a state not controlled by theocratic laws. I guess I got it all wrong by calling myself secular since I'm not an atheist.

Thats what they want you to believe. If you look at the statistics, atheists are more abundant in secular countries due to the much lower levels of religiosity. The societal norms make it so that religion is discussed extremely little and it becomes taboo.

We have to also remember that an ideology or religion thrives when it is in the culture and daily social life of a person. When it is completely stripped as is the case in secular countries, atheism will naturally follow.

I predict that when the number of atheists in secular countries grow in large numbers then the country will shift to actually oppressing against religion. This isn't hard to believe as the majority usually denounces the minority.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 6:08:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 6:05:04 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:59:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."

I was under the impression that secularism just meant a state not controlled by theocratic laws. I guess I got it all wrong by calling myself secular since I'm not an atheist.

Thats what they want you to believe. If you look at the statistics, atheists are more abundant in secular countries due to the much lower levels of religiosity. The societal norms make it so that religion is discussed extremely little and it becomes taboo.

We have to also remember that an ideology or religion thrives when it is in the culture and daily social life of a person. When it is completely stripped as is the case in secular countries, atheism will naturally follow.

I predict that when the number of atheists in secular countries grow in large numbers then the country will shift to actually oppressing against religion. This isn't hard to believe as the majority usually denounces the minority.

I know that in some European countries the levels of religiosity are extremely low(some are over 50% atheist). Is that also due to secularism?
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 6:15:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 6:08:58 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 6:05:04 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:59:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."

I was under the impression that secularism just meant a state not controlled by theocratic laws. I guess I got it all wrong by calling myself secular since I'm not an atheist.

Thats what they want you to believe. If you look at the statistics, atheists are more abundant in secular countries due to the much lower levels of religiosity. The societal norms make it so that religion is discussed extremely little and it becomes taboo.

We have to also remember that an ideology or religion thrives when it is in the culture and daily social life of a person. When it is completely stripped as is the case in secular countries, atheism will naturally follow.

I predict that when the number of atheists in secular countries grow in large numbers then the country will shift to actually oppressing against religion. This isn't hard to believe as the majority usually denounces the minority.

I know that in some European countries the levels of religiosity are extremely low(some are over 50% atheist). Is that also due to secularism?

Yes, that is what I was trying to point out before.
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 7:20:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."

Abolish secularism and replace it with what, might I ask?
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 7:36:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 7:20:11 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."

Abolish secularism and replace it with what, might I ask?

Obviously you wouldn't want to remove a secular state since you don't support any religious values. You would actually support the complete seperation of religious values from the empirical societal ones.

I'm simply pointing out that Secularization is an atheistic process. Obviously, christians will say abolish it and create a chhristian state, Muslims will say an Islamic one, w/e.
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 7:45:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 7:36:56 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/7/2012 7:20:11 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."

Abolish secularism and replace it with what, might I ask?

Obviously you wouldn't want to remove a secular state since you don't support any religious values. You would actually support the complete seperation of religious values from the empirical societal ones.

I'm simply pointing out that Secularization is an atheistic process. Obviously, christians will say abolish it and create a chhristian state, Muslims will say an Islamic one, w/e.

I never said I don't support religious values. Furthermore, I don't call for any more sepration than is written out in the 1st amendment. But we don't need a theocracy. That's the last thing we need. But despite not being very religious myself, I by no means intend a secular government to outlaw religion. But you said, in your original post, that secularism needs to be abolished, which I disagree with largely, because that is a doorway to a theocracy.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 7:48:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't think it's very likely.

If it did happen, it would either be very very far in the future, or very, very soon.. no in between.

However, I lean more toward, science proving beyond a resonable doubt, that there is a supernatural world, and that their are other powers who can contribute to their research.. (atheists will be a thing of the past, and we'll wish we had them back! lol )

I think religion will be rebirthed, but in a perverted, and man-centered way (man is good, man can be God, etc).. It will place spirituality and unhindered science together and this will produce a very f*cked up planet, and most likely-- the end of the world. :)
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 7:53:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 7:45:23 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 9/7/2012 7:36:56 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/7/2012 7:20:11 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."

Abolish secularism and replace it with what, might I ask?

Obviously you wouldn't want to remove a secular state since you don't support any religious values. You would actually support the complete seperation of religious values from the empirical societal ones.

I'm simply pointing out that Secularization is an atheistic process. Obviously, christians will say abolish it and create a chhristian state, Muslims will say an Islamic one, w/e.

I never said I don't support religious values. Furthermore, I don't call for any more sepration than is written out in the 1st amendment. But we don't need a theocracy. That's the last thing we need. But despite not being very religious myself, I by no means intend a secular government to outlaw religion. But you said, in your original post, that secularism needs to be abolished, which I disagree with largely, because that is a doorway to a theocracy.

Well evetually it will be outlawed. The fact is that when there is a majority, it naturally oppresses and ostracizes the minority. Secularism does create a solid environment for atheism since it daily social life is completely void of religion. This constant neglect leads to ignorance of religion, fostering atheism more easily.

The very process of secularization is one from religious to non-religious. It is commonly thought that secularism is neutral when it is not.

Look at this chart of the number of non-religious increasing and religious decreasing (Britain) http://en.wikipedia.org...

You seem to claim that Secularism is better than a theocracy when it is in fact not that much different since both essentially promote whether directly or indirectly a stance on the nature of everything and ultimate truth.

-------------------------------------------

I only said Secularism needs to be abolished because of my beliefs but I am willing to be more open to a TRUE neutral position. If you can't then secularism is flawed.
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:05:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 7:53:44 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/7/2012 7:45:23 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 9/7/2012 7:36:56 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/7/2012 7:20:11 PM, EvanK wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."

Abolish secularism and replace it with what, might I ask?

Obviously you wouldn't want to remove a secular state since you don't support any religious values. You would actually support the complete seperation of religious values from the empirical societal ones.

I'm simply pointing out that Secularization is an atheistic process. Obviously, christians will say abolish it and create a chhristian state, Muslims will say an Islamic one, w/e.

I never said I don't support religious values. Furthermore, I don't call for any more sepration than is written out in the 1st amendment. But we don't need a theocracy. That's the last thing we need. But despite not being very religious myself, I by no means intend a secular government to outlaw religion. But you said, in your original post, that secularism needs to be abolished, which I disagree with largely, because that is a doorway to a theocracy.

Well evetually it will be outlawed. The fact is that when there is a majority, it naturally oppresses and ostracizes the minority. Secularism does create a solid environment for atheism since it daily social life is completely void of religion. This constant neglect leads to ignorance of religion, fostering atheism more easily.

The very process of secularization is one from religious to non-religious. It is commonly thought that secularism is neutral when it is not.

Look at this chart of the number of non-religious increasing and religious decreasing (Britain) http://en.wikipedia.org...

You seem to claim that Secularism is better than a theocracy when it is in fact not that much different since both essentially promote whether directly or indirectly a stance on the nature of everything and ultimate truth.

-------------------------------------------

I only said Secularism needs to be abolished because of my beliefs but I am willing to be more open to a TRUE neutral position. If you can't then secularism is flawed.

I'm not saying secularism is the greatest, but if we had a theocracy, let's say an islamic theocracy ruled by sharia, it would likely outlaw every other religion. I wouldn't put it past some Christian theocracy either, depending on how radical. Either way, a theocracy would be worse, because you'd be forced to live under someone elses morale system. The system we have in place right now is the best option. I have no problem, by the way, despite being agnostic, with having cities put up nativity scenes or with having "in God we trust" on our currency. But I would be against a theocracy of any kind. I like my freedom, and more than likely, that freedom would go away under a theocracy.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 8:23:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:05:54 PM, EvanK wrote:

I'm not saying secularism is the greatest, but if we had a theocracy, let's say an islamic theocracy ruled by sharia, it would likely outlaw every other religion. I wouldn't put it past some Christian theocracy either, depending on how radical. Either way, a theocracy would be worse, because you'd be forced to live under someone elses morale system. The system we have in place right now is the best option. I have no problem, by the way, despite being agnostic, with having cities put up nativity scenes or with having "in God we trust" on our currency. But I would be against a theocracy of any kind. I like my freedom, and more than likely, that freedom would go away under a theocracy.

Actually I think you are wrong, this is exactly where the misconceptions of a theocracy begin to come in. The reason why you view secularism favourably is because it still allows everyone their freedom of religion, everyone can believe what they want to believe. This can only be held when there is a relative balance with regards to religion, keep that in mind. There is a societal rule that whatever begins to become the majority begins to oppress the minority.

Secularism thrives not by imposing force but by INDIRECT MEANS. It is building through warping social norms and the culture. For example, all popular music and culture has very little interaction with religion. Religion is hardly talked about daily in public life and is becoming a "burden" "irrelevant".

Why can't a theocracy develop in this way also, just like secularism. A christian doesn't necessarily have to force everyone to become christian but warp social customs and norms in such a way that Christianity is promoted. This would of course still have pluralism

Through 10s or 100s of generations that country would become a christian nation and then can claim laws.. This is an INDIRECT way of a theocracy rather than the misconception of DIRECT.
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2012 9:04:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 8:23:40 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/7/2012 8:05:54 PM, EvanK wrote:

I'm not saying secularism is the greatest, but if we had a theocracy, let's say an islamic theocracy ruled by sharia, it would likely outlaw every other religion. I wouldn't put it past some Christian theocracy either, depending on how radical. Either way, a theocracy would be worse, because you'd be forced to live under someone elses morale system. The system we have in place right now is the best option. I have no problem, by the way, despite being agnostic, with having cities put up nativity scenes or with having "in God we trust" on our currency. But I would be against a theocracy of any kind. I like my freedom, and more than likely, that freedom would go away under a theocracy.

Actually I think you are wrong, this is exactly where the misconceptions of a theocracy begin to come in. The reason why you view secularism favourably is because it still allows everyone their freedom of religion, everyone can believe what they want to believe. This can only be held when there is a relative balance with regards to religion, keep that in mind. There is a societal rule that whatever begins to become the majority begins to oppress the minority.

Atheists only make up maybe 5-10% of the population, so don't talk about oppression. :P


Secularism thrives not by imposing force but by INDIRECT MEANS. It is building through warping social norms and the culture. For example, all popular music and culture has very little interaction with religion. Religion is hardly talked about daily in public life and is becoming a "burden" "irrelevant".

Popular music is written by individuals, not the government. They can write about whatever they want. For the record, our music here was never predominately religious. As for talk in public life, would you rather it was mandatory?


Why can't a theocracy develop in this way also, just like secularism. A christian doesn't necessarily have to force everyone to become christian but warp social customs and norms in such a way that Christianity is promoted. This would of course still have pluralism

Why warp social customs in favor of anything? America was intended to be accepting of every religious view, and we were never a Christian country. It is not the government's place to enforce or promote religious views.


Through 10s or 100s of generations that country would become a christian nation and then can claim laws.. This is an INDIRECT way of a theocracy rather than the misconception of DIRECT.

We don't need to be a Christian nation. It actually wouldn't be a good idea at all.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 1:34:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 5:47:15 PM, DavidJames1 wrote:
The bible certainly prophesies as much.
Before reasoning on it, I would like to get everyone's opinion on the question?

Will religion be banned?

trying to ban a belief is nonsensical... Banning religion is as bad as trying to ban non-religion. It's happened before, and it's never pretty either way you go.. Secular systems are likely the best possible systems with the least amount of problems. Hence everyone has to compromise to co-exist.. Those who don't want co-existence are fanatics, extremists, and fundamentalists.. :/
TheJackel
Posts: 508
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 1:40:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
We have to also remember that an ideology or religion thrives when it is in the culture and daily social life of a person. When it is completely stripped as is the case in secular countries, atheism will naturally follow.

Atheism isn't the only thing that grows...It's other religions and beliefs too. Secular system has nothing to do with atheism. A secular system has to do with benefiting all parties.. It's those whom are totalitarian, and theocritus ect that would view secularism as a threat.. Secular countries also do better than those which are not. Who wants to become a Sudan, Afghanistan, or a North Korea? .. Nuts cases who think their brand of belief should be the only brand..
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 7:32:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 6:01:56 PM, imabench wrote:
Banned in public and banning people from meeting in public to participate in their religion? Maybe..... Waaaaaaaaay in the future........ Maybe

But being outlawed completely? Never going to happen.

"Never going to happen." AH yes the famous last words before it happens.

Lets all make a list of things people said that would "never happen"

I'll start:

One day people will accept gay marrage.
The govt will tell you what you can and can't eat or drink.
The govt will make it illegal to walk on public land.
I could go on and on and on
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
DavidJames1
Posts: 122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 8:04:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In the book of Revelation, it speaks of a harlot.
We have probably all heard of this harlot!

This is all found in Revelation 17 and 18.

The harlot, through a process of elimination is, appears to be religion. But God goes on to put a thought into the minds of the kings of the earth to destroy her (get rid of religion) so it can't be true religion, but religion that is in opposition to the true God.
She cannot represent a governmental organization because Revelations 17:1 says that the kings of the earth committed fornication with her. (obviously showing the religion getting involved with politics, something that goes against scripture and is completely opposite to Jesus' example.)
She cannot represent any commercial organization because Rev 18:15-19 speaks of travelling merchants mourning her death.
Rev 17:1 says that the harlot is sitting on many waters. Rev 17:15 reveals that these waters represent 'peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.' Which other element in this world is left that gets involved with politics, gets made rich by the commercial element of this world (Rev 18: 2, 3) and has authority over all peoples and crowds and nations and tongues (languages)? Only religion!
This Harlot is named "Babylon the Great" which is fitting because most teachings and doctrines found in Christian and all other religions today originated in pagan Babylon!
Rev 17:16-18 says that God puts the thought into the kings of the earth to destroy this harlot!
And good riddance!!!
TheBossToss
Posts: 154
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 9:59:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 6:05:04 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:59:09 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:54:50 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
this is due to secularism. Secularism is an atheistic process which has to be abolished.

People usually think Secularism is a neutral but its actually atheistic. I'm telling you. http://en.wikipedia.org...

"Secularization or secularisation (see spelling differences) is the transformation of a society from close identification with religious values and institutions toward nonreligious (or irreligious) values and secular institutions."

I was under the impression that secularism just meant a state not controlled by theocratic laws. I guess I got it all wrong by calling myself secular since I'm not an atheist.

Thats what they want you to believe. If you look at the statistics, atheists are more abundant in secular countries due to the much lower levels of religiosity. The societal norms make it so that religion is discussed extremely little and it becomes taboo.

We have to also remember that an ideology or religion thrives when it is in the culture and daily social life of a person. When it is completely stripped as is the case in secular countries, atheism will naturally follow.

I predict that when the number of atheists in secular countries grow in large numbers then the country will shift to actually oppressing against religion. This isn't hard to believe as the majority usually denounces the minority.

Unlike some religious people, most atheists don't believe in shoving our ideas down the throats of others just because we can. Secularism in society is the acceptance that society does not, in totality, believe in anything, but individuals can believe whatever the fvck they want. It is not inherently atheist.

And yes, religion does thrive when you shove it in people's faces every morning, day and night. People are more likely to believe bllsh!t if their faces are covered in it every day.
Cats. I like cats.
-Me

Pro hasn't upheld his BOP. He forfeited last round. I did stuff.
-Wallstreetatheist

That was real intellectual property theft. They used her idea for their own profit and fame. When I pirate, I am usually downloading textbooks that I cannot afford to purchase on my own and that I do not want my parents to spend money on.
-royalpaladin
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:41:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 7:32:48 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/7/2012 6:01:56 PM, imabench wrote:
Banned in public and banning people from meeting in public to participate in their religion? Maybe..... Waaaaaaaaay in the future........ Maybe

But being outlawed completely? Never going to happen.


"Never going to happen." AH yes the famous last words before it happens.

Lets all make a list of things people said that would "never happen"

I'll start:

One day people will accept gay marrage.
The govt will tell you what you can and can't eat or drink.
The govt will make it illegal to walk on public land.
I could go on and on and on

One day the government will kill everyone.
One day the government will deny the existence of atoms.

See how easy that was?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
sadolite
Posts: 8,842
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:00:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/8/2012 10:41:48 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/8/2012 7:32:48 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/7/2012 6:01:56 PM, imabench wrote:
Banned in public and banning people from meeting in public to participate in their religion? Maybe..... Waaaaaaaaay in the future........ Maybe

But being outlawed completely? Never going to happen.


"Never going to happen." AH yes the famous last words before it happens.

Lets all make a list of things people said that would "never happen"

I'll start:

One day people will accept gay marrage.
The govt will tell you what you can and can't eat or drink.
The govt will make it illegal to walk on public land.
I could go on and on and on

One day the government will kill everyone.
One day the government will deny the existence of atoms.

See how easy that was?

"One day the government will kill everyone." This is an on going process. Govt's have killed millions upon millions already. (Govt is govt, US or otherwise)

"One day the government will deny the existence of atoms." If it would give govt more control and power over the individual to say so, it would.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Zaradi
Posts: 14,128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:07:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/7/2012 6:04:11 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/7/2012 5:47:15 PM, DavidJames1 wrote:
The bible certainly prophesies as much.
Before reasoning on it, I would like to get everyone's opinion on the question?

Will religion be banned?

We must define religion. I consider cult's and some science religion.

I'm pretty sure we all know what he meant by religion. And he definitely wasn't talking about science.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Posts: 14,128
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 12:12:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/9/2012 9:00:47 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/8/2012 10:41:48 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/8/2012 7:32:48 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 9/7/2012 6:01:56 PM, imabench wrote:
Banned in public and banning people from meeting in public to participate in their religion? Maybe..... Waaaaaaaaay in the future........ Maybe

But being outlawed completely? Never going to happen.


"Never going to happen." AH yes the famous last words before it happens.

Lets all make a list of things people said that would "never happen"

I'll start:

One day people will accept gay marrage.
The govt will tell you what you can and can't eat or drink.
The govt will make it illegal to walk on public land.
I could go on and on and on

One day the government will kill everyone.
One day the government will deny the existence of atoms.

See how easy that was?

"One day the government will kill everyone." This is an on going process. Govt's have killed millions upon millions already. (Govt is govt, US or otherwise)

Hypothetical situation: I'm aging and I've hit the point where my body will age no more, and I die due to natural causes and old age.

How has the government killed me?

"One day the government will deny the existence of atoms." If it would give govt more control and power over the individual to say so, it would.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...