Jump to topic:

Moving of the Spirit

TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:29:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have heard lately from a few Christians that the Holy Ghost no longer moves in people and no longer gives inspiration through the Word of God. The Holy Ghost is a blessing upon us and meant to be used for understanding in the Word's God has given unto us. I have heard that the Holy Ghost the Spirit of God is not in us. What do you say?
I give scriptures for reference:

Matt. 28:19, "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,"

Cor. 13:14, "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all."

Eph. 4:4-6, "There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all."

Cor. 3:16-18, "but whenever a man turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit."

Rom. 8:9, "However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him." See also Gen. 1:2

Rom. 8:9, "However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him."

Matt. 10:20, "For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you."

The Spirit of Truth i.John 14:17, "that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you." See also, John 15:26.

The Spirit of the Lord i.Acts 8:39, "And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away; and the eunuch saw him no more, but went on his way rejoicing." See also Judges 15:14; 1 Sam. 16:12

The Holy Spirit is referred to as a person by scripture A.Who i.Rom. 8:11, "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who indwells you."

John 6:63, "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life."

1 John 5:6, "And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is the truth."
iv.See also 1 Cor. 2:12; 2 Tim. 1:14;

John 14:26, "These things I have spoken to you, while abiding with you. "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Rom. 8:16, "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,"

Rom. 8:26, "And in the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words"

Isaiah 63:10, "But they rebelled and grieved His Holy Spirit; Therefore, He turned Himself to become their enemy, He fought against them."
ii.Eph. 4:30, "And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption."

Rom. 15:30, "Now I urge you, brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God for me."

Rom. 8:27, "and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."

2 Sam. 23:2, "The Spirit of the LORD spoke through me; his word was on my tongue."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:34:51 AM
"The Holy Ghost is a blessing upon us and meant to be used for understanding in the Word's God has given unto us."

You have still failed to explain for us exactly how the Spirit is giving YOU any understanding that you couldn't have gotten just as easily through reading the word of God. You object strenulously to the term "illumination" then turn right around and claim you have some sorta special "understanding". Then when asked to elaborate on it so we'll all know exactly what you are talking about, you refuse. Go figure.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:37:46 AM
At 9/8/2012 11:34:51 AM, annanicole wrote:
"The Holy Ghost is a blessing upon us and meant to be used for understanding in the Word's God has given unto us."

You have still failed to explain for us exactly how the Spirit is giving YOU any understanding that you couldn't have gotten just as easily through reading the word of God. You object strenulously to the term "illumination" then turn right around and claim you have some sorta special "understanding". Then when asked to elaborate on it so we'll all know exactly what you are talking about, you refuse. Go figure.

The scriptures speak better than I ever could. You rather have man-made words rather than use them. They say exzactly what is needed. I get that inspiration in the scriptures through the Holy Ghost. Mite I add you have numerous times said you do not have.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:48:09 AM
At 9/8/2012 11:37:46 AM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/8/2012 11:34:51 AM, annanicole wrote:

The scriptures speak better than I ever could.

I'll agree to that, but please don't try to pass that off as your excuse of not explaining anything.

You rather have man-made words rather than use them. They say exzactly what is needed. I get that inspiration in the scriptures through the Holy Ghost. Mite I add you have numerous times said you do not have.

And I say it again: I am not inspired of God. Not at all. For all I know concerning God, Jesus, the Spirit, salvation, etc, I am 100% dependent upon the written word. That's pretty plain.

You, however, are pretty vague. And you didn't even attempt to explain your position- nor will you.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 11:59:07 AM

You, however, are pretty vague. And you didn't even attempt to explain your position- nor will you.

How can I? I am not God to understand. All I know is that I have God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost. The scriptures, my salvation and my baptizism verifies that. I think anyone who has these things do because the scriptures say so.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 12:48:13 PM
At 9/8/2012 11:59:07 AM, TheAsylum wrote:

How can I? I am not God to understand. All I know is that I have God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost. The scriptures, my salvation and my baptizism verifies that. I think anyone who has these things do because the scriptures say so.

You have all three literally dwelling inside you? Four spirits in your one body?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 2:52:39 PM
At 9/8/2012 12:48:13 PM, annanicole wrote:

You have all three literally dwelling inside you? Four spirits in your one body?

Yes, I do. Dont you?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:00:30 PM
At 9/8/2012 2:52:39 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

Yes, I do. Dont you?

Nope, and I never claimed to have four spirits literally dwelling in my body. Do these spirits ever depart from you? And if so, are you lost when they do?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:03:56 PM

Nope, and I never claimed to have four spirits literally dwelling in my body. Do these spirits ever depart from you? And if so, are you lost when they do?:

I will never be lost. They never depart from me. I being falliable and man ignore thier influence alot.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:05:37 PM
At 9/8/2012 3:03:56 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

Nope, and I never claimed to have four spirits literally dwelling in my body. Do these spirits ever depart from you? And if so, are you lost when they do?:

I will never be lost. They never depart from me. I being falliable and man ignore thier influence alot.

Why then, does or did the Spirit of God depart from other people? Yet that same Spirit will not depart from you? Why the difference between you and them?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:09:26 PM
At 9/8/2012 3:05:37 PM, annanicole wrote:

Why then, does or did the Spirit of God depart from other people?:
Where? When? Show examples.

Yet that same Spirit will not depart from you?:
Never.
Why the difference between you and them?:
Examples.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:11:54 PM
At 9/8/2012 3:09:26 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/8/2012 3:05:37 PM, annanicole wrote:

Why then, does or did the Spirit of God depart from other people?:
Where? When? Show examples.

Yet that same Spirit will not depart from you?:
Never.
Why the difference between you and them?:
Examples.

It is generally accepted that the Spirit of God has entered and dwelt in people, then at some point later, departed from them, is it not? Do you think that once the Spirit is "in", He stays "in"?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:25:21 PM
It is generally accepted that the Spirit of God has entered and dwelt in people, then at some point later, departed from them, is it not? Do you think that once the Spirit is "in", He stays "in"?:
I can say that people can defile themselves, damn the spirit, Jesus and God, then maybe The Spirit would leave. Not my place to say how that works.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:27:17 PM
At 9/8/2012 3:25:21 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
It is generally accepted that the Spirit of God has entered and dwelt in people, then at some point later, departed from them, is it not? Do you think that once the Spirit is "in", He stays "in"?:
I can say that people can defile themselves, damn the spirit, Jesus and God, then maybe The Spirit would leave.

In such cases in which the Spirit has left, is the person still saved? Saved without the Spirit in him?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:29:51 PM
At 9/8/2012 3:27:17 PM, annanicole wrote:
I can say that people can defile themselves, damn the spirit, Jesus and God, then maybe The Spirit would leave.

In such cases in which the Spirit has left, is the person still saved? Saved without the Spirit in him?:
You have not shown any case. I already sayed it is not my place to determine of the Spirit has left.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:38:04 PM
At 9/8/2012 3:29:51 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

In such cases in which the Spirit has left, is the person still saved? Saved without the Spirit in him?:
You have not shown any case. I already sayed it is not my place to determine of the Spirit has left.

In ANY case in which the Spirit entered a person, then departed ... left ... that person. I didn't ask you to "determine" if the Spirit had left, I am assuming that indeed the Spirit HAS departed from certain people. And I asking, "In such a case of the Spirit departing, was the person STILL saved - without the Spirit?" That's the question.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:41:07 PM
At 9/8/2012 3:38:04 PM, annanicole wrote:

In ANY case in which the Spirit entered a person, then departed ... left ... that person. I didn't ask you to "determine" if the Spirit had left, I am assuming that indeed the Spirit HAS departed from certain people. And I asking, "In such a case of the Spirit departing, was the person STILL saved - without the Spirit?" That's the question.:
You have not shown a case why the Spirit would leave. So, how can I very well speculate on it? On top of me already stating it is not my place to say such things.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:50:55 PM
At 9/8/2012 3:41:07 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/8/2012 3:38:04 PM, annanicole wrote:

In ANY case in which the Spirit entered a person, then departed ... left ... that person. I didn't ask you to "determine" if the Spirit had left, I am assuming that indeed the Spirit HAS departed from certain people. And I asking, "In such a case of the Spirit departing, was the person STILL saved - without the Spirit?" That's the question.:
You have not shown a case why the Spirit would leave. So, how can I very well speculate on it? On top of me already stating it is not my place to say such things.

I am assuming that you are familiar with such cases, since the Spirit is leading you, but I'll cite I Sam 16: 14. After being chosen, annointed, praying, worshiping, and the Spirit coming upon King Saul, "But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul." The Spirit couldn't depart from a place it never was. But for good measure, I'll cite " And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings." (I Sam 11: 6). There is much more, of course, but I'll leave it at that:

"And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings", then " "But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul."

Explain it.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 3:53:39 PM
I am assuming that you are familiar with such cases, since the Spirit is leading you, but I'll cite I Sam 16: 14. After being chosen, annointed, praying, worshiping, and the Spirit coming upon King Saul, "But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul." The Spirit couldn't depart from a place it never was. But for good measure, I'll cite " And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings." (I Sam 11: 6). There is much more, of course, but I'll leave it at that:

"And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings", then " "But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul."

Explain it.

Why? This was before Jesus Christ came and shed his blood for man and salvation was given.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 4:03:23 PM
At 9/8/2012 3:53:39 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

Explain it.

Why? This was before Jesus Christ came and shed his blood for man and salvation was given.

The question does not involved the efficacy of the blood of Christ. The question involves the Spirit's departure from a man. I gave you an example. Is the Spirit now leading you into a mere quibble? Truth is: you aren't gonna explain it. You can't possibly. Thus you won't even try.

I repeat: the Spirit came upon King Saul. The Spirit departed from King Saul. Period. Whether before Christ or after, it still happened. Explain it.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 4:06:35 PM

I repeat: the Spirit came upon King Saul. The Spirit departed from King Saul. Period. Whether before Christ or after, it still happened. Explain it.

So you are suggesting that we are under the same laws and standards as the OT? Jesus Christ shedding his blood does not effect that?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 4:08:50 PM
At 9/8/2012 4:06:35 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

So you are suggesting that we are under the same laws and standards as the OT? Jesus Christ shedding his blood does not effect that?

I'm suggesting, for the moment, that any attempted explanation by YOU of the Spirit's entering/departing from King Saul will be non-existent. And so far, I'm right. You haven't even tried. And you won't, either. Can't possibly. Sure you are quibbling. Can you prove that the Spirit's behavior suddenly CHANGED at the cross? No, you cannot. So proceed and explain.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 4:15:00 PM
I'm suggesting, for the moment, that any attempted explanation by YOU of the Spirit's entering/departing from King Saul will be non-existent. And so far, I'm right. You haven't even tried. And you won't, either. Can't possibly. Sure you are quibbling. Can you prove that the Spirit's behavior suddenly CHANGED at the cross? No, you cannot. So proceed and explain.:

Christ was full of the Holy Spirit of God and these powers and characteristics could be seen in Jesus' works. The Apostles and others did not receive the gift of the Holy Spirit until Pentecost, 31 AD as is noted in Acts 2 and afterwards. This was the promised Comforter Jesus mentioned in John chapters 14 to 16. All who are begotten of God, receiving His Holy Spirit in this life are referred to as the firstfruits or the elect.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 5:16:30 PM
At 9/8/2012 4:15:00 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
I'm suggesting, for the moment, that any attempted explanation by YOU of the Spirit's entering/departing from King Saul will be non-existent. And so far, I'm right. You haven't even tried. And you won't, either. Can't possibly. Sure you are quibbling. Can you prove that the Spirit's behavior suddenly CHANGED at the cross? No, you cannot. So proceed and explain.:

Christ was full of the Holy Spirit of God and these powers and characteristics could be seen in Jesus' works. The Apostles and others did not receive the gift of the Holy Spirit until Pentecost, 31 AD as is noted in Acts 2 and afterwards. This was the promised Comforter Jesus mentioned in John chapters 14 to 16. All who are begotten of God, receiving His Holy Spirit in this life are referred to as the firstfruits or the elect.

I repeat:

"I'm suggesting, for the moment, that any attempted explanation by YOU of the Spirit's entering/departing from King Saul will be non-existent. And so far, I'm right. You haven't even tried. And you won't, either. Can't possibly. Sure you are quibbling. Can you prove that the Spirit's behavior suddenly CHANGED at the cross? No, you cannot. So proceed and explain."

What's so difficult for you? You rambled, but never explained/answered.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 5:24:00 PM
At 9/8/2012 5:16:30 PM, annanicole wrote:

I repeat:

"I'm suggesting, for the moment, that any attempted explanation by YOU of the Spirit's entering/departing from King Saul will be non-existent. And so far, I'm right. You haven't even tried. And you won't, either. Can't possibly. Sure you are quibbling. Can you prove that the Spirit's behavior suddenly CHANGED at the cross? No, you cannot. So proceed and explain."

LOL.OK. I explained in full and will no longer.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 5:31:49 PM
At 9/8/2012 5:24:00 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/8/2012 5:16:30 PM, annanicole wrote:

I repeat:

Haha. I bet you won't! You never proved the Spirit's behavior changed at the cross, and you can't. You asserted it, and hope no one would question it.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 5:49:58 PM

Haha. I bet you won't! You never proved the Spirit's behavior changed at the cross, and you can't. You asserted it, and hope no one would question it.

You havent answered any of my questions that I brought forth. I have answered all of yours, In full. Jesus Christ changed all that and it is described in Acts and in John.
Before Jesus, man had to put himself on the cross, His works saved himself, His obediance of the Law saved him. Jesus took on the cross and shed his blood so that man did not no more and was saved by faith and grace. Saul was not given the Spirit, the spirit just moved in him. When Jesus was crucified and was glorified, then any who accepted him was Baptized by the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost never leaves them. Jesus ordanied the difference in the Holy Ghost after His crucifixtion. We read:

In Acts 11:15-16 - And as I began to speak, the holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost." 17 For as much then as God gave them the like gift as he did to us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could with stand God?

John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39 (But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not YET GIVEN;because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 6:11:42 PM
At 9/8/2012 5:49:58 PM, TheAsylum wrote:

You havent answered any of my questions that I brought forth. I have answered all of yours, In full. Jesus Christ changed all that and it is described in Acts and in John.
Before Jesus, man had to put himself on the cross, His works saved himself, His obediance of the Law saved him. Jesus took on the cross and shed his blood so that man did not no more and was saved by faith and grace. Saul was not given the Spirit, the spirit just moved in him.

Haha @ Saul was not given the Spirit. How did he prophesy then? The Spirit just kinda "moved" in him, and departed from him, but he never was given it? And you say you don't quibble? That's all you are doing.

Not only that, but the typical Baptist position is that there one but one plan of salvation for all time, and now look at you. Flat-out denying such a position because you're in a pinch. David prayed: "Take not your holy Spirit from me." Course he never had it, either, did he?

And you say you "explain"? All you do is take some cloudy water and muddle it up into a worse mess.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 7:27:24 PM

At 9/8/2012 2:52:39 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
Yes, I do. Dont you?

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Story book states there is but 1 spirit (Eph. 4:4) NET Story book, but you claim to have 4?

Either the Story book is lying or YOU are!

Next!
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2012 10:31:05 PM
Haha @ Saul was not given the Spirit.:
No, the Spirit was not given to him.

How did he prophesy then?
The Spirit came to Him for a purpose to prophecy and left, Obviously.
The Spirit just kinda "moved" in him, and departed from him, but he never was given it? :
Nice catch.
Not only that, but the typical Baptist position is that there one but one plan of salvation for all time, and now look at you. Flat-out denying such a position because you're in a pinch. David prayed: "Take not your holy Spirit from me." Course he never had it, either, did he?:
Same as above.
He would not ask for it not to leave if it dwelled in Him.

And you say you "explain"?:
Yes, I have.
All you do is take some cloudy water and muddle it up into a worse mess.:
If your thinking and understanding is full of mud, is that my fault? Pray and seek His guidance.