Jump to topic:

A testimony

TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 2:59:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have always had deep feelings, from when I was younger that i was lost, not in terms of the Bible, but in knowing I had a higher calling, and I knew I was not fulfilling it. As I have gotten older and just a little wiser, God has put a greater burden on my heart to do more for not just him, or myself, but for all of man. At a time and a age that I am in now, I can no longer sit back and waste the time I have here on this earth. Since I was born I have been lucky and very blessed to be born into a land and family that truely reconizes the Bible and Jesus, for God has allowed me these blessings. I still do not know fully where this path God has sent me on will lead, all I know, Is that God has his hand upon me and that it is right and that the Lord will steer me in the right directions when I come upon each road. When I was younger, a child, I was saved, at a young age the Holy Spirit came to me and allowed me to see that I was nothing but a sinner and burdened me to repent. I did not fully understand nor did I like most of us, able to stay close to God, not cause he did not want me too or try to keep me close, but because I was young, I wanted to sin and I thought, enjoy myself. Coming up I had the urges we all have and like all of us they got the better of me. Becoming a teenager to my late teens I fell away from God and the church, not forgetting God but not allowing myself to be what he was wanting me to be. So, I got in troubles, did things that thinking on them now makes me ashamed of who I was and still to this day who I am. Like every person that has walked this earth, I will always sin, but the difference today is not only do I get on my knees in privite and truely ask for forgiveness, for I have always did that, today after I get up I try to walk a narrower path and think of how God views the actions I take. I have never by the worlds view been a evil man, maybe bad at times, but never evil. I have never been a violent man, even though I thought I may or wanted to be that, but thats not ever been in my heart. I am assured that this day will do things that a righteous man and the world would say that I am unjust, they are right. I am not trying to ever be a perfect man cause thats something I will never be, all I want to do is be a man who is trying to do right and to try to live as Jesus would have me too, to think and make the right decisions on each and every action I take. Things that I have done and continue to do, I can never consider myself a righteous or holy being, in fact half of me says that I dont even care how the world views me but the good inside me says that is wrong, for if I am not viewed by the world as a man of God or atleast trying to be, that I can not bare good witness.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 5:16:12 PM
At 9/9/2012 2:59:41 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
I have always had deep feelings, from when I was younger that i was lost, not in terms of the Bible, but in knowing I had a higher calling, and I knew I was not fulfilling it. As I have gotten older and just a little wiser, God has put a greater burden on my heart to do more for not just him, or myself, but for all of man. At a time and a age that I am in now, I can no longer sit back and waste the time I have here on this earth. Since I was born I have been lucky and very blessed to be born into a land and family that truely reconizes the Bible and Jesus, for God has allowed me these blessings. I still do not know fully where this path God has sent me on will lead, all I know, Is that God has his hand upon me and that it is right and that the Lord will steer me in the right directions when I come upon each road. When I was younger, a child, I was saved, at a young age the Holy Spirit came to me and allowed me to see that I was nothing but a sinner and burdened me to repent. I did not fully understand nor did I like most of us, able to stay close to God, not cause he did not want me too or try to keep me close, but because I was young, I wanted to sin and I thought, enjoy myself. Coming up I had the urges we all have and like all of us they got the better of me. Becoming a teenager to my late teens I fell away from God and the church, not forgetting God but not allowing myself to be what he was wanting me to be. So, I got in troubles, did things that thinking on them now makes me ashamed of who I was and still to this day who I am. Like every person that has walked this earth, I will always sin, but the difference today is not only do I get on my knees in privite and truely ask for forgiveness, for I have always did that, today after I get up I try to walk a narrower path and think of how God views the actions I take. I have never by the worlds view been a evil man, maybe bad at times, but never evil. I have never been a violent man, even though I thought I may or wanted to be that, but thats not ever been in my heart. I am assured that this day will do things that a righteous man and the world would say that I am unjust, they are right. I am not trying to ever be a perfect man cause thats something I will never be, all I want to do is be a man who is trying to do right and to try to live as Jesus would have me too, to think and make the right decisions on each and every action I take. Things that I have done and continue to do, I can never consider myself a righteous or holy being, in fact half of me says that I dont even care how the world views me but the good inside me says that is wrong, for if I am not viewed by the world as a man of God or atleast trying to be, that I can not bare good witness.
TheAsylum Believers believe the words of "The WORD"!
Run from your protestant churches, all were made by men not even one was formed by Jesus! All are in PROTEST against Jesus and his holy Bride!

Dogknox
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 5:23:50 PM
At 9/9/2012 5:16:12 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Run from your protestant churches, all were made by men not even one was formed by Jesus! All are in PROTEST against Jesus and his holy Bride!

Dogknox

@Dogknox,
Believers do believe the words, I think you should read them.
Where do they say you (a man) can claim any church or christian are not of Christ?
Where do they say that you should pray through sanits, mary and popes?
What about Roman Emperors claiming Christianity and becoming Pope's which is the church you serve? Not Peter's or Christ's.
What about every Christian is the Body of Christ?
What about loving and not hating?
What about bowing to statues and kissing them like idols?
What confessing your sins to a man, Pope or priest, when you suppose to confessng to Jesus or all your brothers and sisters?
How about the RC continually proclaiming unBiblical things?
How you not even knowing you own history and that Roman Emperors became the Pope's of the RC?
Just a few things....Good day. God Bless.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 9:53:33 PM
At 9/9/2012 5:23:50 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/9/2012 5:16:12 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Dogknox

@Dogknox,
Believers do believe the words, I think you should read them.
1Where do they say you (a man) can claim any church or christian are not of Christ?
2Where do they say that you should pray through sanits, mary and popes?
3What about Roman Emperors claiming Christianity and becoming Pope's which is the church you serve? Not Peter's or Christ's.
4What about every Christian is the Body of Christ?
5What about loving and not hating?
6What about bowing to statues and kissing them like idols?
7What confessing your sins to a man, Pope or priest, when you suppose to confessng to Jesus or all your brothers and sisters?
How about the RC continually proclaiming unBiblical things?
How you not even knowing you own history and that Roman Emperors became the Pope's of the RC?
Just a few things....Good day. God Bless.
TheAsylum Good questions..
1) Where do they say you (a man) can claim any church or christian are not of Christ?
Scriptures.. John 12:48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.
TheAsylum Not believing the scriptures CONDEMNS YOU!
For the one who rejects me and does not accept my words;

TheAsylum Christians believe the scriptures, rejecting them is rejecting Jesus!
Jesus said: "My flesh is real food, my blood is real drink"! Christians believe these words, all Early Church Father's: Christians every one "Ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread"! You reject these words of Jesus!
John 6:52 Then the Jews (AND non-Christians) began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

The Christians drank the blood of Jesus in the form of wine..
1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

TheAsylum Verse #29 (above) you condemn yourself, by rejecting the words of God! You CAN'T be in communion with a SYMBOL!!

Communion root word: "Communication"! Being in "Communication" with SYMBOLIC blood is called "IDOLATRY!"
Catholic's are communication with the LIVING GOD, he is IN US we consume him!
TheAsylum You commit "IDOLATRY!" SYMBOLIC blood of Jesus!???

For the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; is CONDEMNED!

2) Where do they say that you should pray through sanits, mary and popes?
Simple.. "God is the God of the living NOT the dead!" All the saints in heaven are ALIVE; They pray to Jesus for us, as you would ask a neighbor to pray to Jesus for you!
Peter is ALIVE in heaven, he prays for me a member of the Body of Jesus!
Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God's people.

Do you see it.. In this example (above) the 24 elders are petitioning God for us!
Christians believe the scriptures!!

3) What about Roman Emperors claiming Christianity and becoming Pope's which is the church you serve? Not Peter's or Christ's.
The Roman Emperor embraced Christianity. Some became a pope so what? The Pope is the spokesman for the Holy Church Jesus' founded. All institutions need a head to represent the whole. The Police have their chief, the city the mayor, the country the president, the school the dean!!
TheAsylum your protesting man made churches have there little popes. They have their pastors, or church counsels etc!
Moses was the hands and voice for God!
The pope is the hands and voice for Jesus in the New Testament!

4) What about every Christian is the Body of Christ?
Good question: Christians are ADDED to Jesus' body by baptism! Protestants reject baptism as only another symbol!
Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

TheAsylum Do you see it?? Peter ADDED 3000 people to Jesus' holy Body the first day of Pentecost, BY BAPTISM!!
Every CHRISTIAN is in the body of Christ, his Holy Catholic Body and all are Catholic's!

TheAsylum All the Early Church Father's are Catholic's, not a protestant in the bunch!

You are NOT Catholic, you are IN Protest against Jesus and his holy Bride!

5) What about loving and not hating?
YES: what about it?? King Henry murdered millions of Catholic's. Quakers killed old ladies as witches, the King of France killed millions of Catholic's! In Mexico in the early 1900's thousands of Catholic's were killed!
The Holy Catholic Church defends truth, She fights for the truth not for personal gain!! Every single heresy and heretic was defeated by the Holy Catholic Church. She is the bulwark against Satan and LIES! You are not a Muslem today because of her insistence to defend truth!

6) What about bowing to statues and kissing them like idols?
There were NO CAMERAS back long ago man used Statues and Icons to honor there heroes and God! So What!?
Do you have pictures of your family on your walls, in your wallet?? Do you worship your family??!
HONORING is NOT worshiping!
We honor Mary because Mary is our MOTHER!
Scriptures.. "Honor your father & mother"! Jesus honors Mary and so de we, all IN Jesus' holy Body also honors Mary!

7) What confessing your sins to a man, Pope or priest, when you suppose to confessng to Jesus or all your brothers and sisters?
Scriptures: John 20:21
Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."
22 And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
23 If you forgive anyone's sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

Question HOW..
How could the Apostles forgive sins IF..
If the people did not first come and confess them!!??

Question where does it say to confess your sins to Jesus!?
THINK: Jesus never formed any protestant churches, NONE! All are formed by men! All protestant churches came at least sixteen hundred years AFTER Jesus! All protest against Jesus and his BRIDE!
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 10:38:43 PM
Bullsh1t. What about the inquisition? Or the mass murder committed by the Catholic Church which obscured the scriptures and turned the cross upside down into a sword? What about the corruption of the Church which refuses to follow its own teachings (Matthew 19:21, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.") The Church is not a follower of Christ. My justification, the amount of riches stolen from the poor throughout the middle ages and stored in the Vatican which Jesus explicitly speaks against. I don't see the Church selling its possessions and giving them to the poor, do you?

How about this nice phrase "Love all people as you love yourself." Dognox, your words are futile, you may hate Protestant churches, but how does insulting a follower of Christ and calling them not Christian love?

Dognox, you are a hypocrite of the highest order.

Good day to you sir.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2012 10:42:10 PM
TheAsylum Good questions..
Thanks. Not good answers.

1) Where do they say you (a man) can claim any church or christian are not of Christ?
Scriptures.. John 12:48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.
TheAsylum Not believing the scriptures CONDEMNS YOU!
For the one who rejects me and does not accept my words;:

Where does this answer my question. I whole heartedly acceot every last word of God, we will see below if you do. First, You are rejecting the greatest teaching of Christ, which is love. Even the Pope today exstends love to all. You, not so much.

"The Church has always taught that every sin, no matter how serious, can be forgiven."—The Catholic Encyclopedia

The Christians drank the blood of Jesus in the form of wine..
1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.:

Second, Do you not see how hypocritcal you are? You practice this ritual and condemn others that do. Anyone who practices this, as Christ commanded, are in fact doing God's will. You on the other hand, hate Christians, just because they are not in the Church you are in. This is opposing Christ's teachings. We will get in below why there are Protestants.

TheAsylum Verse #29 (above) you condemn yourself, by rejecting the words of God! You CAN'T be in communion with a SYMBOL!!:

You can not be this ignorant. You practice this and then condemn me for doing it, when Christ commands us all to do it. No, you are full of hate because you think the Roman Catholics are special. You ruined that special church Christ gave you. You are a oerfect example of that by continuing the hate just like the Catholics who murdered millions upon millions on the grounds of calling them 'supposed' heretics, when they were most likely correct. They did this for power not God.

2) Where do they say that you should pray through sanits, mary and popes?
Simple.. "God is the God of the living NOT the dead!" All the saints in heaven are ALIVE; They pray to Jesus for us, as you would ask a neighbor to pray to Jesus for you!
Peter is ALIVE in heaven, he prays for me a member of the Body of Jesus!
Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God's people.:

All God's people. Are you a judge? I think not. Are you without sin to judge? I think not. Get the log out of your own eye.

Matt. 23:1, 9 "Jesus said, . . . ‘You must call no one on earth your father, since you have only one Father, and he is in heaven.'"

3) What about Roman Emperors claiming Christianity and becoming Pope's which is the church you serve? Not Peter's or Christ's.
The Roman Emperor embraced Christianity.:

They embraced Christianity? When they were Pagans and filled the Church by thier Pagan God's and practices. Where you think all these holidays came from? Roman Catholic Paganism.

Some became a pope so what?:

So, what? So, what? Well they infested the Church with Paganism, which is still entrenced in the Church today, that's what. I do not reject authority. I reject that any man pray's to another man or confesses thier sins to one man.

4) What about every Christian is the Body of Christ?
Good question: Christians are ADDED to Jesus' body by baptism! Protestants reject baptism as only another symbol!:

Your nothing but a hypocrit.

TheAsylum Do you see it?? Peter ADDED 3000 people to Jesus' holy Body the first day of Pentecost, BY BAPTISM!!
Every CHRISTIAN is in the body of Christ, his Holy Catholic Body and all are Catholic's!:

No they were not. Peter started the Catholic church. Did the other apostles start the Catholic church? Did they start churches? Yes they did. Any and all Christians are the Body of Christ. If in deed the are Christian and I have serious doubt you are.

I am NOT Catholic, I am IN Protest against, Roman Pagainism

1 COR 1:2 "To the church of God that is in CORINTH(Not Roman Catholic), to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours: "

5) What about loving and not hating?
YES: what about it?? King Henry murdered millions of Catholic's. Quakers killed old ladies as witches, the King of France killed millions of Catholic's! In Mexico in the early 1900's thousands of Catholic's were killed!
The Holy Catholic Church defends truth, She fights for the truth not for personal gain!! Every single heresy and heretic was defeated by the Holy Catholic Church. She is the bulwark against Satan and LIES! You are not a Muslem today because of her insistence to defend truth!:

True these people are evil and against Jesus's teachings. Just like the Roman Catholic church is. You do not see the hypocritcal statements. No one has or had the right to kill. Need to read your Bible. Was that love and did they have a chance for salvation?

6) What about bowing to statues and kissing them like idols?
There were NO CAMERAS back long ago man used Statues and Icons to honor there heroes and God! So What!?:

First, these staute are replacements for thier Pagan God's and Goddess. Mary nor the saints dies on a cross for you and thier blood was not enough to forgive your sins, Jesus's was. Second, you said above about not to use idol's, icon's and symbols. This is different? NO.

7) What confessing your sins to a man, Pope or priest, when you suppose to confessng to Jesus or all your brothers and sisters?
Question where does it say to confess your sins to Jesus!?
THINK: Jesus never formed any protestant churches, NONE! All are formed by men! All protestant churches came at least sixteen hundred years AFTER Jesus! All protest against Jesus and his BRIDE!:

Matt. 6:6-12: "When you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret . . . ‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified . . . and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.'"

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

You missed the last two questions.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 12:16:47 AM
At 9/9/2012 10:38:43 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
Bullsh1t. What about the inquisition? Or the mass murder committed by the Catholic Church which obscured the scriptures and turned the cross upside down into a sword? What about the corruption of the Church which refuses to follow its own teachings (Matthew 19:21, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.") The Church is not a follower of Christ. My justification, the amount of riches stolen from the poor throughout the middle ages and stored in the Vatican which Jesus explicitly speaks against. I don't see the Church selling its possessions and giving them to the poor, do you?

How about this nice phrase "Love all people as you love yourself." Dognox, your words are futile, you may hate Protestant churches, but how does insulting a follower of Christ and calling them not Christian love?

Dognox, you are a hypocrite of the highest order.

Good day to you sir.
THEBOMB THINK before you speak!!
FACT: the Holy Catholic Church is by far the largest charity in the world!
She stand alone unafraid to speak for the poor, the innocent, the weak, and the unborn! She defends truth!
THEBOMB Every other church condones abortion.. every one approves of abortion to a degree!!!

She was the first to start hospitals in Christendom, schools and orphanages!
THEBOMB The Holy Catholic Church defend truth, she fights for the truth.
You believe in the Trinity today because the Holy Catholic Church defeated those who rejected the idea! She tells you Jesus is 100% man and 100% God (Incarnation) because heretics and their heresy was rejected by her!
The Holy Catholic Church made the very bible you use today, she alone decided the inspired manuscripts from the many phony ones that were also thought, by many to be inspired! She alone (guided by the Holy Spirit) with her AUTHORITY decided the inerrant manuscripts!!
THEBOMB Toss your bible out your stinking window, if you reject the AUTHORITY of the holy Catholic Church! HOW..
How can you be sure she got it right, how can you trust your bible is the words of God and reject his BRIDE!??

You ask: What about the corruption of the Church?
I reply: 1) The Church is chock full to the rafters with sinners! Jesus came to save the sinner!! Thus the many Catholic's over ONE BILLION Catholic's, that is Billion with a "B"!
2) The Holy Catholic Church is not the only institution with corruption!! Point to your own church and say they are without sin!!??
3) The inquisition was started to defend Europe from the Moslems! It was started to fight heresy from entering the truths found in the scriptures!! It was abused by the kings, dukes and those with power who wanted to remove their rivals! Declare someone a heretic then kill them in the name of the Church!

King Henry killed many Catholic's in his name!
He started his own Church.
The French King (can't think of his name) killed Catholic's, he killed priests! Killing is part of history of man, pointing a finger and claiming the Holy Catholic Church is to BLAME for the killing in the world is what Satan does!

Scriptures: Ephesians 5:25
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

THEBOMB Jesus LOVES his Holy Catholic Bride, he died for her! Not for your many thousands of man made Churches, there were no man made churches when Ephesians 5 was written!
You are protestant you are IN PROTEST against Jesus and his Holy Bride!

Ephesians 5:27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.

THEBOMB You say: "The Holy Catholic Church is to be "BLAMED"!??
You must reject the scriptures to "BLAME" Jesus' holy bride!
She is Holy and Blameless, God tells you so!
There were NO man made protestant churches for the first sixteen hundred years!! Ephesians 5:27 can only mean the Holy Catholic Body of Jesus is BLAMELESS!!
Blameless yet full with sinners! I am a sinner, I am Catholic, I am CHRISTIAN I believe the scriptures! Christians believe the scriptures protestants reject them!
"BLAMELESS" is in the scriptures!

Catholic because God is Catholic, in every nation on earth!
Holy because God is Holy, his BODY must be holy!
Apostolic because ONLY the Holy Catholic Church can trace her roots back to the Apostles!
ONE Church, because God is ONE, One body, one loaf and one faith.. Universal around the world!

Jesus formed ONE church (Singular) not many!
Matthew 16:18
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 12:39:23 AM
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

TheAsylum Yup and that is Jesus! Mary asks Jesus for help!! Mary intercedes for Catholic with her son Jesus! Mary goes to Jesus!!! The Saints ask Jesus for help, they intercede for Catholic's to Jesus!
One mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus!

All go through Jesus Mary and all saints go to Jesus!!!
Catholic's are Christians, we believe the scriptures you prove you don't!

Matt. 6:6-12: "When you pray, go into your private room and, after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret . . . ‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified . . . and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.'"

Our Father can only mean Catholic's Father. There were no protestants when Jesus said this!
TheAsylum "Our Father" because Christians are IN Jesus, God has only one son, if you are NOT ADDED to Jesus' body by Baptism then you are NOT in him! Then you are NOT God' child!, It is just this simple!
You reject baptism as only symbolism so you can't have been ADDED to Jesus' holy Catholic Body!

Call no man father!!!
Yup that is why Paul calls himself "Father"!
They called Abraham "Father"!

Call no man TEACHER!!
TheAsylum Do you call anyone TEACHER!?
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

TheAsylum Rabbi: means TEACHER!!!
Latin for TEACHER is "DOCTOR!"
Do you call your protestant pastors "DOCTOR!!!?"

Jesus made ONE Church and it was NOT yours! You are NOT Catholic, you reject the authority of the Pope, Peters successor!
All the Early Church Father's are Catholic's all accepted the popes authority all ADDED Christians to the Holy Church.. Jesus' body by Baptism!

The Great Commission: "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them.."

Clearly "Baptism Makes DISCIPLES"!

Disciples are Jesus' brothers; Thus all the baptized are God' children! NOT YOU you are NOT in Jesus' holy Catholic Body!! It is just this simple!

Dogknox
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 12:49:52 AM
At 9/10/2012 12:39:23 AM, Dogknox wrote:

TheAsylum Yup and that is Jesus! Mary asks Jesus for help!! Mary intercedes for Catholic with her son Jesus! Mary goes to Jesus!!! The Saints ask Jesus for help, they intercede for Catholic's to Jesus!
One mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus!
This is not what scripture say's and I provided the truth for you.

All go through Jesus Mary and all saints go to Jesus!!!
Catholic's are Christians, we believe the scriptures you prove you don't!:
Were does it say go to Mary or saints?

Our Father can only mean Catholic's Father. There were no protestants when Jesus said this!:
No, it means our Father in heaven. The pope is no ones father.
TheAsylum "Our Father" because Christians are IN Jesus, God has only one son, if you are NOT ADDED to Jesus' body by Baptism then you are NOT in him! Then you are NOT God' child!, It is just this simple!
You reject baptism as only symbolism so you can't have been ADDED to Jesus' holy Catholic Body!:
You reject the Word of God and are damnable, DOGKNOX.

Call no man father!!!
Yup that is why Paul calls himself "Father"!
They called Abraham "Father"!
Where? No scriptures I see.

Call no man TEACHER!!
TheAsylum Do you call anyone TEACHER!?
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.:
Your verse proves MY point, only Jesus Christ.
9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.:
I guess the Pope is not upon this earth and He is not a man?

TheAsylum Rabbi: means TEACHER!!!
Latin for TEACHER is "DOCTOR!"
Do you call your protestant pastors "DOCTOR!!!?":
Nope, nor teacher. I dont have a Pastor to begin with, I have Jesus Christ and it is clear you do not. You do not even know the Word of God.

Jesus made ONE Church and it was NOT yours! You are NOT Catholic, you reject the authority of the Pope, Peters successor!:
You are right I reject the Roman Catholic Pagan Preist's.
The Great Commission: "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them.."

Yep, I am one and you are not.
Clearly "Baptism Makes DISCIPLES"!:
Yep, I am glad have been baptized.

Disciples are Jesus' brothers;:
LOL. No Christians are brothers. Jesus is God.
Thus all the baptized are God' children! NOT YOU you are NOT in Jesus' holy Catholic Body!! It is just this simple!:
Yes, it is. You made it simple, you are a Pagan and are not saved by Jesus Christ but through a Pope.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:35:12 AM
TheAsylum
Were does it say go to Mary or saints?
I reply: with scriptures
Colossians 4:12
Epaphras, who is one of you and a servant of Christ Jesus, sends greetings. He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.

2 Thessalonians 1:3
[ Thanksgiving and Prayer ] We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.

God is the God of the living!!
Catholic's in heaven PRAY for us.
Revelation 5:8 is where John shows the saints in heaven offering our prayers to God under the form of "golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints."

Catholic's are alive in heaven: Jesus destroyed death!

Our Father can only mean the Catholic's Father. There were no protestants when Jesus said this!:
You said.. No, it means our Father in heaven. The pope is no ones father.

I reply: Jesus is addressing the Apostles.. They were all Catholic's there was not any protestants or protestant churches for the first 1600 years, so Jesus could not be telling you God is your father, you are IN PROTEST against Jesus and his Catholic Bride!! My Father is not your father, you reject Mary as your mother! If Mary was your Mother then Jesus would be your brother!
If Jesus was your brother then God would be..
Then God would be your father!!!!

Baptism adds CHRISTIANS .. it ADDS Catholic's to Jesus' holy Body! All IN >>"IN" Jesus, call God father!
TheAsylum The Body of Jesus is the Holy Catholic Church, the ONLY CHURCH Jesus formed! You are not in Jesus' holy body you are IN a man made body a body that REJECTS Jesus and his holy Catholic body!

There were NO protestans or protestant churches for the first 1600 years!n Jesus is not with you because he remains with his holy bride!
Matthew 28:20
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Do you see it, do you believe it???!!
Jesus did not start any of your man made churches so he is NOT with any!!
I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Jesus is ALWAYS with his holy Catholic bride the only Church he formed!
Satan did not over power Jesus and Satan did not take Jesus' body form Jesus! Jesus is ALWAYS WITH HER!!!

All with Jesus.. All Catholic's are IN Jesus' holy body, all IN Jesus, "God' only son" call God father! You are IN PROTEST against Jesus, his words and his holy bride!
TheAsylum You must reject the words of Jesus to remain in your protest against Jesus! Rejecting Jesus' words is what protestants must do!
YOU MUST REJECT>> I am with you always, to the very end of the age. or you would be Catholic!!
You condemn yourself!!

Dogknox
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 3:14:11 PM
TheAsylum You asked.. Where does this answer my question. I whole heartedly acceot every last word of God, we will see below if you do. First, You are rejecting the greatest teaching of Christ, which is love. Even the Pope today exstends love to all. You, not so much.

"The Church has always taught that every sin, no matter how serious, can be forgiven.""The Catholic Encyclopedia

I reply: If you believe every word of the bible you would be Christian.. Christian: Christ follower!
All the Early Church Father's Baptized to save!!
The Letter of Barnabas is CHRISTIAN!!
Barnabas says..
"Regarding [baptism], we have the evidence of Scripture that Israel would refuse to accept the washing which confers the remission of sins and would set up a substitution of their own instead [Ps. 1:3"6]. Observe there how he describes both the water and the cross in the same figure. His meaning is, "Blessed are those who go down into the water with their hopes set on the cross." Here he is saying that after we have stepped down into the water, burdened with sin and defilement, we come up out of it bearing fruit, with reverence in our hearts and the hope of Jesus in our souls" (Letter of Barnabas 11:1"10 [A.D. 74]).

Hermas is CHRISTIAN!!
He said..
""I have heard, sir," said I, "from some teacher, that there is no other repentance except that which took place when we went down into the water and obtained the remission of our former sins." He said to me, "You have heard rightly, for so it is"" (The Shepherd 4:3:1"2 [A.D. 80]).

Augustine is CHRISTIAN!!
Augustine is NOT protestant!!
He said..
"It is an excellent thing that the Punic [North African] Christians call baptism salvation and the sacrament of Christ"s body nothing else than life. Whence does this derive, except from an ancient and, as I suppose, apostolic tradition, by which the churches of Christ hold inherently that without baptism and participation at the table of the Lord it is impossible for any man to attain either to the kingdom of God or to salvation and life eternal? This is the witness of Scripture too" (Forgiveness and the Just Deserts of Sin, and the Baptism of Infants 1:24:34 [A.D. 412]).

TheAsylum You said.. Second, Do you not see how hypocritcal you are? You practice this ritual and condemn others that do. Anyone who practices this, as Christ commanded, are in fact doing God's will. You on the other hand, hate Christians, just because they are not in the Church you are in. This is opposing Christ's teachings. We will get in below why there are Protestants.
I reply: All the early Church Father's ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread!
Ignatius of Antioch is Christian he is NOT protestant!
He said..
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Augustine is Catholic he is NOT Protestant!
He said..
"Christ was carried in his own hands when, referring to his own body, he said, "This is my body" [Matt. 26:26]. For he carried that body in his hands" (Explanations of the Psalms 33:1:10 [A.D. 405]).

DO YOU SEE IT??
Jesus carried his own body in his hands at the Last Supper!!!

You are in communion with a symbol of Jesus' flesh and blood!
You are communing with SYMBOLS!!
TheAsylum You are an "IDOLATER"!

Christians are in COMMUNION with the LIVING God!
Augustine is Catholic he is Christian!!
Augustine believes the scriptures as all the Early Church Fathers do!
"My flesh is real food my blood is real drink!"

Holding up bread God said.. "This IS my body!"
TheAsylum What part of the word "IS" is it that you do not understand!??

Christians believe the scriptures, proving you can't be christian!

Dogknox
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 6:07:19 PM
@DogKnox,
Here is your Church.
Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying to me, Come hither; I will show to thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead wasa name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 7 And the angel said to me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 And here isthe mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, andthe other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength to the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him arecalled, and chosen, and faithful. 15 And he saith to me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. 16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of demons, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached to heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

DogKnox, did you see it?
Did you see it?
The exzact description of the Roman Catholic Church.
Did you see it?
Golden cup. Jewels. Purple & scarlet, just as the Pope and the Church don's.
Did you see it?
She fornicates with all nations. Can you comprehind it? She was the bride that Jesus Christ started and become a whore to the world?
Did you see it?
No, your blind to the church and the Word of God.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 7:10:07 PM
@Dogknox,
I forgot this one.
Do you see it?
"The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth."
The vatican sit's on seven hills or mountains. A fact.
Did you know it?
NO!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 9:18:44 PM
At 9/10/2012 7:10:07 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
@Dogknox,
I forgot this one.
Do you see it?
Did you know it?
NO!

The same can be said for Jerusalem. Want me to name them?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 9:36:02 PM
At 9/10/2012 9:18:44 PM, annanicole wrote:
@Dogknox,
I forgot this one.
Do you see it?
Did you know it?
NO!

Ma'am I very well know that but you must connect all the other passages to Jerusalem and you can not. Either it is Rome or the seven continents of the Word. Thank You. If you choose to add something add all the scriptures not just what you want. Thanks.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 9:46:41 PM
Dogknox worships the Whore of Babylon, the most transparent bastardization in all of Christendom -- the RCC. Of the 7 Churches, guess which one he belongs to!

Woe to you, Pharisees, you hypocrites!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:03:09 PM
At 9/10/2012 9:36:02 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/10/2012 9:18:44 PM, annanicole wrote:
@Dogknox,
I forgot this one.
Do you see it?
Did you know it?
NO!

Ma'am I very well know that but you must connect all the other passages to Jerusalem and you can not. Either it is Rome or the seven continents of the Word. Thank You. If you choose to add something add all the scriptures not just what you want. Thanks.

Why, thanks for your assertion, Scotty. It helps alot. Course you are Spirit-led in a special understanding, right? Heck, I might as well name them: Zion, Acra, Moriah, Bezetha, Millo, Ophel, and Antonio. Every one of them is mentioned by Josephus in connection with the war against Jerusalem (Book 5, Sect 5, 8). In other words, what was true of Rome was also just as true of Jerusalem, so you'll have to look elsewhere for funding for your so-called "Spirit-led" speculations as you meander aimlessly down through the Dark Ages finding things that were "at hand" and to "shortly come to pass" in the 1st century.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:21:06 PM
Why, thanks for your assertion, Scotty. It helps alot. Course you are Spirit-led in a special understanding, right?:
Yes and you are not.
Heck, I might as well name them: Zion, Acra, Moriah, Bezetha, Millo, Ophel, and Antonio.:
I already knew them, your point?
Every one of them is mentioned by Josephus in connection with the war against Jerusalem (Book 5, Sect 5, 8). In other words, what was true of Rome was also just as true of Jerusalem, so you'll have to look elsewhere for funding for your so-called "Spirit-led" speculations as you meander aimlessly down through the Dark Ages finding things that were "at hand" and to "shortly come to pass" in the 1st century.:
You can not deny that Rome matches the description, thanks for that. You also can not connect the rest of the passages to Jerusalem and didn't. You just trumpet blow with malice. Still thinking physical and not spiritual.
1. How was Jerusalem a Christian nation, ever? They rejected Christ.
2. How have all the nations been drunk of Jerusalem's fornication?
3. When has scarlet and purple been Jerusalem's colors?
4. At that time or any in that time frame was Jerusalem adorned with jewels, gold and precious stones?
5. When did Jerusalem cause martyrs of Christians?
6. When did the world at that time marvel at her?
7. Where was her golden cup at that time?
8. When was Jerusalem plagued at that time?
It guess the Bible didn't mean that? Just like the Holy Ghost would not always be with you either?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:38:59 PM
I'll answer the latter first:

"It guess the Bible didn't mean that? Just like the Holy Ghost would not always be with you either?"

Well, there is a difference between the Spirit being with us, operating through the word as He does, ... versus some fruitcake along the lines of Joseph Smith, Ellen White, Mary Baker Eddy, Jim Jones, or David Koresh claiming some sort of "special understanding" conveyed miraculously by the Spirit into his little pee-brain. There's the difference. And you .. YOU .. can't explain the difference within a knat's eyelash between your "special understanding" versus all these other nutcase's "special understandings" - and you know it. You do not even try - nor will you.

Why should we believe you and not Mary B. Eddy? Huh? She claimed special understanding just as you do, right? Ditto for Ellen White. Ditto for Jim Jones. Ditto for all the rest. And they all contradict you and each other. That's strange. Is the Spirit miraculously leading people into utter confusion?

You really oughta drop that silly claim. No one believes it. If you choose not to drop it, then you should explain why you teach doctrines that are so different from all these other "Spirit-led" people. Shoot, I'd pay to hear that explanation, but of course, as before, I don't expect to see it.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:41:16 PM
At 9/10/2012 10:21:06 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
Why, thanks for your assertion, Scotty. It helps alot. Course you are Spirit-led in a special understanding, right?:
Yes and you are not.
Heck, I might as well name them: Zion, Acra, Moriah, Bezetha, Millo, Ophel, and Antonio.:
I already knew them, your point?
Every one of them is mentioned by Josephus in connection with the war against Jerusalem (Book 5, Sect 5, 8). In other words, what was true of Rome was also just as true of Jerusalem, so you'll have to look elsewhere for funding for your so-called "Spirit-led" speculations as you meander aimlessly down through the Dark Ages finding things that were "at hand" and to "shortly come to pass" in the 1st century.:
You can not deny that Rome matches the description, thanks for that. You also can not connect the rest of the passages to Jerusalem and didn't. You just trumpet blow with malice. Still thinking physical and not spiritual.
1. How was Jerusalem a Christian nation, ever? They rejected Christ.
2. How have all the nations been drunk of Jerusalem's fornication?
3. When has scarlet and purple been Jerusalem's colors?
4. At that time or any in that time frame was Jerusalem adorned with jewels, gold and precious stones?
5. When did Jerusalem cause martyrs of Christians?
6. When did the world at that time marvel at her?
7. Where was her golden cup at that time?
8. When was Jerusalem plagued at that time?

As for these 8 things, you'll need to give a passage for each, since you collected them for various verses.

It guess the Bible didn't mean that? Just like the Holy Ghost would not always be with you either?
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:55:37 PM
Shoot, I'd pay to hear that explanation, but of course, as before, I don't expect to see it.:

See, Anna, you reject scripture and when It does not support you, you resort to insults. You are suppose to love. That is the teachings of Christ. Forgive and love. I understand it gets difficult at times and as anyone, including myself, we get angry and harsh but we shouldn't. We should not dwell on these things and I do not. I forgive you as I should. I love all my fellow men and women.

Let's return to the Word of God. We will post again all the scriptures of Jesus Christ that talk about the Holy Ghost after he died on the cross, cause really that is were our concern is at.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall(notice hear)--> TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said to you.
-That sounded like influence and inspiration to me. Let's go on.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- It did not say only when you read scripture or through scripture, did it?

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace to the hearers. 30 And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed to the day of redemption.
-minister, edifying and sealed...HMM...

John 7:39 (But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given;because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
- How can you give and have it took if it is yours? If it is given it is yours always. It does not jump around from place to place, but it remains with you.

See, The scripture supports me and my having the Holy Ghost. These are but a small portion of scriptures that support it.

I await the answers to my other questions.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:57:45 PM
As for these 8 things, you'll need to give a passage for each, since you collected them for various verses.:

Here you go, sorry:

Revelation 17:1 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying to me, Come hither; I will show to thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead wasa name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 7 And the angel said to me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 And here isthe mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, andthe other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength to the beast.
14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him arecalled, and chosen, and faithful. 15 And he saith to me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. 16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. 18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of demons, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5 For her sins have reached to heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:10:12 PM
At 9/10/2012 10:55:37 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
Shoot, I'd pay to hear that explanation, but of course, as before, I don't expect to see it.:

See, Anna, you reject scripture and when It does not support you, you resort to insults. You are suppose to love. That is the teachings of Christ. Forgive and love. I understand it gets difficult at times and as anyone, including myself, we get angry and harsh but we shouldn't. We should not dwell on these things and I do not. I forgive you as I should. I love all my fellow men and women.

The request that you inform us all about the difference(s) between your direct-from-God "spiritual understanding" versus the same claims by Mary Baker Eddy, Joe Smith, Father Divine, Jim Jones, David Koresh and the rest ... still stands. You can't do it, can you? No difference at all, except maybe in degree and potential damage done. Why don't you try it?

Let's return to the Word of God. We will post again all the scriptures of Jesus Christ that talk about the Holy Ghost after he died on the cross, cause really that is were our concern is at.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall(notice hear)--> TEACH YOU ALL THINGS, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said to you.

And the Comforter was promised to whom? YOU. No, He was promised to the apostles only. Evidence: The Comforter does NOT bring to YOUR mind all things Jesus ever said, does He? Of course not.

-That sounded like influence and inspiration to me. Let's go on.

Certainly does! I'll agree with that. Especially the "inspiration" part. The Comforter not only "reminded", He also "revealed." You do not have the Comforter - nor do I.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- It did not say only when you read scripture or through scripture, did it?

... and the "gift of the Holy Spirit" is not the Spirit Himself. It is the Spirit's gift. What was the Spirit's gift. The miraculous manifestations, such as speaking in foreign languages, just witnessed. No one doubts this. The question is, "Did the ability to raise the dead, drink poison and live, and cast out devils continue?" I say it all ended when the will of God became fully revealed.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace to the hearers. 30 And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed to the day of redemption.
-minister, edifying and sealed...HMM...

.... and? What do you think this proves? That you have some sort of ill-defined, magical "spiritual understanding." HMM ... I think it falls a little short of that.

John 7:39 (But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given;because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
- How can you give and have it took if it is yours? If it is given it is yours always. It does not jump around from place to place, but it remains with you.

But that does not mean, by any stretch, that the Spirit is directly in YOU - and not only that, but that this Spirit is giving you a different understanding - a contradictory one - compared to others who made the same claim. That's what you've never explained - and you won't.

See, The scripture supports me and my having the Holy Ghost. These are but a small portion of scriptures that support it.

Nobody doubts that people have the Spirit. I sure don't. I say men today have the Spirit representatively through the medium of the written/spoken word. Now you explain why your "inspired understanding" or "special understanding" is so very different from other people's "special understandings" - when all of you claim the same direct influence. Is the Spirit confusing people that badly?

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:13:53 PM
For example, the pope of Rome certainly claims to be led by the Spirit. So do you. So are the Holy Rollers. So are the Seventh Day Adventists. So are some of the Baptists. So are many of the "miracle-working" cults.

Yet all of you (or them) teach very conflicting things .. VERY conflicting ... yet all led by the Spirit, just as you are. Ok, why do they contradict you ... contradict each other ... and you contradict them? Is the Spirit messing up? What's the problem here?

Explain it. I'd sure like to know. It won't do to quote verses about the Spirit being in you. I want to know why the Spirit in YOU is telling you all sorts of things that apparently contradict the Spirit's leadings of these other folks. Indeed, that is a dilemma, isn't it?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:15:08 PM
I'll do the Rev 17 stuff tomorrow. I'm headed to bed. Maybe when I get up, I'll see your explanation of all these different leadings of the Spirit.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:25:22 PM
The request that you inform us all about the difference(s) between your direct-from-God "spiritual understanding" versus the same claims by Mary Baker Eddy, Joe Smith, Father Divine, Jim Jones, David Koresh and the rest ... still stands. You can't do it, can you? No difference at all, except maybe in degree and potential damage done. Why don't you try it?:
Why dont you try showing the acts and teaching of these people. You know about them and I do not. You have obviously have been interested in thier teachings, I haven't.
And the Comforter was promised to whom? YOU. No, He was promised to the apostles only. Evidence: The Comforter does NOT bring to YOUR mind all things Jesus ever said, does He? Of course not.:
The Comforter has been promised to anyone who has accepted Jesus and His Word. Any who has not the Holy Ghost is not saved nor take the Word of God.

Certainly does! I'll agree with that. Especially the "inspiration" part. The Comforter not only "reminded", He also "revealed." You do not have the Comforter - nor do I.:
You may not but the scriptures, says I do. You fail to provide scriptures. Please provide scriptures that this only means the apostles. Otherwise my position stands. Since the Word is meant for us yall and we should stand by it.

... and the "gift of the Holy Spirit" is not the Spirit Himself. It is the Spirit's gift. What was the Spirit's gift. The miraculous manifestations, such as speaking in foreign languages, just witnessed. No one doubts this. The question is, "Did the ability to raise the dead, drink poison and live, and cast out devils continue?" I say it all ended when the will of God became fully revealed.:
It has ended? Please provide scriptures or your opinion is mute.
.... and? What do you think this proves? That you have some sort of ill-defined, magical "spiritual understanding." HMM ... I think it falls a little short of that.:
You like to use the Spirit in terms like magic and illuminate.

But that does not mean, by any stretch, that the Spirit is directly in YOU - and not only that, but that this Spirit is giving you a different understanding - a contradictory one - compared to others who made the same claim. That's what you've never explained - and you won't.:
I never said it was giving me any different understanding. I claim it gives you none. I have and I do not care about those who have the claim. I provide scriptures and you never do. That is obvious sign you are not of God or His Word.
Nobody doubts that people have the Spirit. I sure don't.:
Yes you do. Should bring up all the times you have. I can.
I say men today have the Spirit representatively through the medium of the written/spoken word.:
A medium? Sounds satanic to me. There is no medium. Jesus, The Father and The Holy Ghost are one. There is no medium.
Now you explain why your "inspired understanding" or "special understanding" is so very different from other people's "special understandings" - when all of you claim the same direct influence. Is the Spirit confusing people that badly?:
No people confuse themselves and so do I. We know you are. Just because you have the Holy Ghost doesnt me you do not have self pride, ego and hardheadness to say what you like. I do and I admit I do.

TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:31:55 PM
At 9/10/2012 11:13:53 PM, annanicole wrote:
For example, the pope of Rome certainly claims to be led by the Spirit. So do you. So are the Holy Rollers. So are the Seventh Day Adventists. So are some of the Baptists. So are many of the "miracle-working" cults. :
I never said I work miracles. You keep claiming things I have never sayed once.

Yet all of you (or them) teach very conflicting things .. VERY conflicting ... yet all led by the Spirit, just as you are.:
People are conflicted. Then you blame that on the Spirit. You then act as if you are not conflicted, well you are. People are, all of them.
Ok, why do they contradict you ... contradict each other ... and you contradict them? Is the Spirit messing up? What's the problem here?:
It is peoples pride and some of them are not saved most likely. Not all, People have ego.

Explain it. I'd sure like to know. It won't do to quote verses about the Spirit being in you. I want to know why the Spirit in YOU is telling you all sorts of things that apparently contradict the Spirit's leadings of these other folks. Indeed, that is a dilemma, isn't it?:
No it isnt, If people could be perfect and have perfect understanding and take the Word for self pride then we would not need Christ, would we? Everyone makes mistakes. What you do do is look at the Word of God and see if they say what is in there. If so then they are doing what they suppose, they will make mistakes. But, if they tend to not use the Word and go thier own way then that is someone to not listen to. Scripture is important and you know I use scripture. I may not be always right. People have imaginations also and use that instead of the spirit of God. I do not have powers, or healing abilities, or can do anything that special. But what I can do is read the Word and see were this and that fit. That the Holy Ghost showing me things.
TheAsylum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:32:45 PM
At 9/10/2012 11:15:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
I'll do the Rev 17 stuff tomorrow. I'm headed to bed. Maybe when I get up, I'll see your explanation of all these different leadings of the Spirit.

I will be waiting.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 4:01:48 AM
At 9/10/2012 11:32:45 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/10/2012 11:15:08 PM, annanicole wrote:

I will be waiting.

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Just as the James Randi Educational Foundation is stillllllllll waiting for the first ever genuine believer to manifest a literal Supernatural power or influence?

Meanwhile we laugh at you and rightly scorn at you and call you proven cowards, liars, deceivers and frauds!

Next!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:32:27 AM
At 9/10/2012 11:25:22 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
The request that you inform us all about the difference(s) between your direct-from-God "spiritual understanding" versus the same claims by Mary Baker Eddy, Joe Smith, Father Divine, Jim Jones, David Koresh and the rest ... still stands. You can't do it, can you? No difference at all, except maybe in degree and potential damage done. Why don't you try it?:
Why dont you try showing the acts and teaching of these people. You know about them and I do not. You have obviously have been interested in thier teachings, I haven't.

Well, the Spirit told Ellen White that we worship on Saturday, not Sunday. The Spirit told Joe Smith that he could marry a dozen women. Look 'em up. Those two are ok for starters. You see, the Spirit gave them "special understandings." But they all contradict you.

And the Comforter was promised to whom? YOU. No, He was promised to the apostles only. Evidence: The Comforter does NOT bring to YOUR mind all things Jesus ever said, does He? Of course not.:
The Comforter has been promised to anyone who has accepted Jesus and His Word. Any who has not the Holy Ghost is not saved nor take the Word of God.

Well, then the Comforter better get busy reminded you - bringing to your remembrance - all the words of Jesus Christ, hadn't He? Course you can't even remember all the words of Christ that are recorded in the Bible, much less all the words He said. Thus, you do not have the Comforter or Paraclete. The Paraclete was promised to the apostles - not you. And you do not have it.

Certainly does! I'll agree with that. Especially the "inspiration" part. The Comforter not only "reminded", He also "revealed." You do not have the Comforter - nor do I.:
You may not but the scriptures, says I do. You fail to provide scriptures. Please provide scriptures that this only means the apostles. Otherwise my position stands. Since the Word is meant for us yall and we should stand by it.

Why, to whom were the words spoken? The Apostles. Who were caused to recall all the words of Christ that had been spoken to them? YOU? Of course not. The inspired apostles.

... and the "gift of the Holy Spirit" is not the Spirit Himself. It is the Spirit's gift. What was the Spirit's gift. The miraculous manifestations, such as speaking in foreign languages, just witnessed. No one doubts this. The question is, "Did the ability to raise the dead, drink poison and live, and cast out devils continue?" I say it all ended when the will of God became fully revealed.:
It has ended? Please provide scriptures or your opinion is mute.

Haha. Can you raise the dead? NO Can you drink cyanide and live? NO Can you speak fluently in languages that you've never studied? NO. You can't produce the goods: you just claim a "special understanding" and go on from there, right?

.... and? What do you think this proves? That you have some sort of ill-defined, magical "spiritual understanding." HMM ... I think it falls a little short of that.:
You like to use the Spirit in terms like magic and illuminate.

But that does not mean, by any stretch, that the Spirit is directly in YOU - and not only that, but that this Spirit is giving you a different understanding - a contradictory one - compared to others who made the same claim. That's what you've never explained - and you won't.:
I never said it was giving me any different understanding.

Why, it gives you a very different understanding than all these other nuts that I listed. Why is that? All of you claim it. All of you contradict one another. All of you teach different things. Explain that, please. So far, you haven't tried.

I claim it gives you none. I have and I do not care about those who have the claim. I provide scriptures and you never do. That is obvious sign you are not of God or His Word.

Then explain why other people who make the same absurd claims that you do ... habitually contradict you. The Spirit told Ellen White that we all oughta worship on Saturday. The Spirit told Joe Smith that men should marry a dozen ho's. The Spirit tells the Holy Rollers that they should jump, whoop, dance around, and roll around on the carpet like idiots. The Spirit told Oral Roberts one time that if he didn't raise a certain amount of money, he would die. Even the Pope of Rome says he is led by the Spirit. Why do all these "Spirit-led" people talk differently than you?

Nobody doubts that people have the Spirit. I sure don't.:
Yes you do. Should bring up all the times you have. I can.

I said the Spirit dwells in men today through the word.

I say men today have the Spirit representatively through the medium of the written/spoken word.:
A medium? Sounds satanic to me. There is no medium. Jesus, The Father and The Holy Ghost are one. There is no medium.
Now you explain why your "inspired understanding" or "special understanding" is so very different from other people's "special understandings" - when all of you claim the same direct influence. Is the Spirit confusing people that badly?:
No people confuse themselves and so do I. We know you are. Just because you have the Holy Ghost doesnt me you do not have self pride, ego and hardheadness to say what you like. I do and I admit I do.

Well, you do not have the Holy Ghost to start with, but Ellen White did. She said the Spirit led her to tell everyone to worship on Saturday. She even had a vision in which she saw the 4th commandment highlighted, showing her that we are still to worship on Saturday. In fact, the Spirit revealed that only people who worship on Saturday are pleasing to God. Thus, she founded the 7th Day Adventists.

Alright, why do you quench the Spirit and ignore the Spirit's teachings? Why do you worship on Sunday?

The Spirit taught Joe Smith of Mormon fame that men could marry a dozen women. Remember Solomon. Anyway, the Mormons practiced polygamy. Do you say they were wrong? How can you? The Spirit led them, remember?