Are you not happy in your religion?

regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 2:36:23 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
I have a question I would want the more fanatic christians here to think about:

Why are some of you religious people not happy in your religion by itself? Why do you (and I don't mean all of you, just the ones that this apply to) feel the need to push your religion on others?

Yes, I realize both Christianity and Islam says to spread the word, but you can do that without screaming, condemning people, without aggressive tactics and without firebrand preaching that the others will go to hell?

Heck, even Jehovah's Witnesses, though highly annoying, are nice and will for the most part say "Well, we believe...." not "YOU WILL GO TO HELL UNLESS ....!" when they go around knocking on doors.

If you really believe God will save you and you will go to heaven, why is that not enough? Why must you try to push everyone else to believe too?
So prove me wrong, then.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 5:40:42 AM
At 9/16/2009 2:36:23 AM, regebro wrote:

Why are some of you religious people not happy in your religion by itself? Why do you (and I don't mean all of you, just the ones that this apply to) feel the need to push your religion on others?

Yes, I realize both Christianity and Islam says to spread the word, but you can do that without screaming, condemning people, without aggressive tactics and without firebrand preaching that the others will go to hell?

Heck, even Jehovah's Witnesses, though highly annoying, are nice and will for the most part say "Well, we believe...." not "YOU WILL GO TO HELL UNLESS ....!" when they go around knocking on doors.

If you really believe God will save you and you will go to heaven, why is that not enough? Why must you try to push everyone else to believe too?

We are commanded to:

Mark 16:15-16

And He said to them, Go into all the world (that includes DDO) and preach the Gospel to every creature.
He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned.
The Cross.. the Cross.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 9:36:06 AM
At 9/16/2009 5:40:42 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 9/16/2009 2:36:23 AM, regebro wrote:

We are commanded to:

Mark 16:15-16

And He said to them, Go into all the world (that includes DDO) and preach the Gospel to every creature.
He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned.

So, the little tribe in the middle of the Amazon, which has never heard of Jesus because it hasnt had contact with the outside world for 4000 years, is going to hell?

Well thats a bit unfair, dont you think?
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2009 9:47:27 AM
@tkubok: Stay on topic, please.

To repeat and clarify: I already pointed out that religious people can spread the word peacefully and lovingly, and often do. There is for example no part of the Bible that says you have to force people to believe or scare them to believe. (Which reasonably also would be rather pointless).

My question is why so many religious people (Christians no exception, and examples exist even on this board) instead try to spread the word by hate and fear. Examples are things like condemning everybody to hell, declaring that god hates them or what they do, etc.

Why are you religious people not content with being saved? Why do you have to spread hate and fear and try to force everyone else to believe as you do?
So prove me wrong, then.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 5:37:10 AM
At 9/16/2009 9:47:27 AM, regebro wrote:
@tkubok: Stay on topic, please.

To repeat and clarify: I already pointed out that religious people can spread the word peacefully and lovingly, and often do. There is for example no part of the Bible that says you have to force people to believe or scare them to believe. (Which reasonably also would be rather pointless).

My question is why so many religious people (Christians no exception, and examples exist even on this board) instead try to spread the word by hate and fear. Examples are things like condemning everybody to hell, declaring that god hates them or what they do, etc.

Why are you religious people not content with being saved? Why do you have to spread hate and fear and try to force everyone else to believe as you do?

Coming from somebody who cannot discuss morality without invective and profanity.
If you don't like hearing the Good news I suggest you spend more on the sports/arts/technology forums.. I believe they could do with a boost.

The 'hate and fear' is only inside of you, and activated when we shine light on your darkness.

Toodle pip.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 5:55:15 AM
At 9/17/2009 5:46:00 AM, regebro wrote:
I note the lack of answers from anyone here.

I hope I made someone think, at least.

They behave as they do because they don't really believe, they want to, but they can't. All this nonsense is overcompensation.

Consider if you were a Christian, if you actually had genuine faith, a genuine belief in the core essentials of your religion or even if imagine as some of them do that an angel or God himself had spoken to you.

What sort of person would you be like?

Well you would be happy wouldn't you? Deleriously so on occaision. Imagine, nothing really bad can happen so long as you keep to your faith, which you naturally would. No calamnity no catastrophe indeed no sin (thanks to repentance) can deny you the fact that you will live for ever in the Jesus-Utopia that is to come.

You would be confident, there is no need to fear anything, you have already achieved the greatest thing in creation. You would certainly have the courage of your convictions on an internet message board?

As opposed to the bitter, vengeful, emotionally stunted, intellectually underdeveloped little gollums you tend to find preaching on the internet. They don't believe at all.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 6:30:47 AM
At 9/17/2009 5:55:15 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
They behave as they do because they don't really believe, they want to, but they can't. All this nonsense is overcompensation.

I've reached the same conclusion.
So prove me wrong, then.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2009 6:42:32 AM
It's more that you are both fairly new around here and have not earned the respect of the community.
C_N is singuarly the most dishonest debater i've encountered here. (and as you may well imagine that's against some STIFF competition!)
And you regebro, there is already a groundswell of interest in getting rid of you entirely.

Toodle, as they say, PIP.
The Cross.. the Cross.