Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The World's Worst Dictators

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:21:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sometimes the headlines and history books make my head ache. I shudder at the idea of so many dictators and powerful leaders who committed monstrous acts against their fellow men and women.

Like Taliban leader and terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarquawi, who once had a woman stoned to death for gathering sticks to make a fire on a cold day.

Or Ugandan President Idi Amin, who sent his soldiers into cities with orders to kill all of the men (including male children) and take for themselves the virgin women.

Pol Pot, Prime Minister of Cambodia in the 1970s, threatened to punish disobedience by making parents eat the flesh of their children.

King Leopold II of Belgium, in the 19th Century, ordered his soldiers not only to kill the opposition, but to cut the hamstrings all the horses, cruelly crippling the animals.

Japanese dictator Emperor Hirohito plundered a local village, decapitated the leaders and had the severed heads delivered to his general as a trophy.

Russian Czar Nicholas II had his general kill 185,000 men who opposed him.

Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein threatened the crime of adultery with stoning, impalement, the execution of relatives, and the burning of their homes.

And here's the most shocking thing:

The atrocities mentioned above? They weren't actually perpetrated by the dictators mentioned.

The one responsible for each of these horrible acts was…Jehovah-The God of the Old Testament.


Stoning for firewood: Numbers 15:32-36
Kidnapping the virgin women: Numbers 31:17-18
Threatening to make parents eat the flesh of offspring: Deuteronomy 28:53
Hamstringing the horses: Joshua 11
Severed heads delivered: Judges 7:19-25
185,000 killed: 2 Kings 10:7
Stoning, execution and burning for adultery: Hosea 13:16

Now…consider how horrified and appalled you were when you felt men were responsible, and ask yourself why you wouldn't be horrified and appalled that your God was.


http://www.thethinkingatheist.com...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Dogknox
Posts: 5,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Microsuck good to meet you... So your post justifies your atheism is this it??!

I think: You are judging God, and you would judge God "condemned", is this right? By God' actions you would say: He is wrong!

You forget the Old Testament points to Jesus found in the New Testament! Jesus/God died a horrible death, to save all of mankind, from DEATH!! Jesus took our place, he died so "we" do NOT have to die!
Microsuck By the word "WE" I mean Christians, all People found in the body of Jesus!

Christians are IN the body of the risen Jesus..
THINK: You can't even kill a stinking dog twice, no; To each person is allotted one and only one death!
Jesus died on the cross! Jesus can't die a second time!!

Catholic's are added to the risen body of Jesus by the waters of Baptism! We RISE we can't die, because the Body of Jesus can't die again!

Microsuck Jesus died on the cross but because Jesus was sinless he "POPPED UP, out of the grave as a Cork released from the bottom of a pool of water!"
Now what say you?? Do you still Judge God wrong and hurtful??!
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 2:44:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 11:21:58 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Sometimes the headlines and history books make my head ache. I shudder at the idea of so many dictators and powerful leaders who committed monstrous acts against their fellow men and women.

Like Taliban leader and terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarquawi, who once had a woman stoned to death for gathering sticks to make a fire on a cold day.

Or Ugandan President Idi Amin, who sent his soldiers into cities with orders to kill all of the men (including male children) and take for themselves the virgin women.

Pol Pot, Prime Minister of Cambodia in the 1970s, threatened to punish disobedience by making parents eat the flesh of their children.

King Leopold II of Belgium, in the 19th Century, ordered his soldiers not only to kill the opposition, but to cut the hamstrings all the horses, cruelly crippling the animals.

Japanese dictator Emperor Hirohito plundered a local village, decapitated the leaders and had the severed heads delivered to his general as a trophy.

Russian Czar Nicholas II had his general kill 185,000 men who opposed him.

Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein threatened the crime of adultery with stoning, impalement, the execution of relatives, and the burning of their homes.

And here's the most shocking thing:

The atrocities mentioned above? They weren't actually perpetrated by the dictators mentioned.

The one responsible for each of these horrible acts was"Jehovah-The God of the Old Testament.


Stoning for firewood: Numbers 15:32-36
Kidnapping the virgin women: Numbers 31:17-18
Threatening to make parents eat the flesh of offspring: Deuteronomy 28:53
Hamstringing the horses: Joshua 11
Severed heads delivered: Judges 7:19-25
185,000 killed: 2 Kings 10:7
Stoning, execution and burning for adultery: Hosea 13:16

Now"consider how horrified and appalled you were when you felt men were responsible, and ask yourself why you wouldn't be horrified and appalled that your God was.


http://www.thethinkingatheist.com...

That's... a very good post. I usually don't like the dramatic style of posting, but it's a very good one. Took me a different way than I thought (was expecting the "religion is at blame" common cr@p that comes out, but is a very interesting article)
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 4:45:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck good to meet you... So your post justifies your atheism is this it??!

I think: You are judging God, and you would judge God "condemned", is this right? By God' actions you would say: He is wrong!

You forget the Old Testament points to Jesus found in the New Testament! Jesus/God died a horrible death, to save all of mankind, from DEATH!! Jesus took our place, he died so "we" do NOT have to die!

That's funny cause we are still dying.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 9:25:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 4:45:32 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck good to meet you... So your post justifies your atheism is this it??!

I think: You are judging God, and you would judge God "condemned", is this right? By God' actions you would say: He is wrong!

You forget the Old Testament points to Jesus found in the New Testament! Jesus/God died a horrible death, to save all of mankind, from DEATH!! Jesus took our place, he died so "we" do NOT have to die!

That's funny cause we are still dying.

Just ignore Dognox...he's just spouting Church propaganda...
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 10:55:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 11:21:58 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Sometimes the headlines and history books make my head ache. I shudder at the idea of so many dictators and powerful leaders who committed monstrous acts against their fellow men and women.

Like Taliban leader and terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarquawi, who once had a woman stoned to death for gathering sticks to make a fire on a cold day.

Or Ugandan President Idi Amin, who sent his soldiers into cities with orders to kill all of the men (including male children) and take for themselves the virgin women.

Pol Pot, Prime Minister of Cambodia in the 1970s, threatened to punish disobedience by making parents eat the flesh of their children.

King Leopold II of Belgium, in the 19th Century, ordered his soldiers not only to kill the opposition, but to cut the hamstrings all the horses, cruelly crippling the animals.

Japanese dictator Emperor Hirohito plundered a local village, decapitated the leaders and had the severed heads delivered to his general as a trophy.

Russian Czar Nicholas II had his general kill 185,000 men who opposed him.

Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein threatened the crime of adultery with stoning, impalement, the execution of relatives, and the burning of their homes.

And here's the most shocking thing:

The atrocities mentioned above? They weren't actually perpetrated by the dictators mentioned.

The one responsible for each of these horrible acts was"Jehovah-The God of the Old Testament.


Stoning for firewood: Numbers 15:32-36
Kidnapping the virgin women: Numbers 31:17-18
Threatening to make parents eat the flesh of offspring: Deuteronomy 28:53
Hamstringing the horses: Joshua 11
Severed heads delivered: Judges 7:19-25
185,000 killed: 2 Kings 10:7
Stoning, execution and burning for adultery: Hosea 13:16

Now"consider how horrified and appalled you were when you felt men were responsible, and ask yourself why you wouldn't be horrified and appalled that your God was.


http://www.thethinkingatheist.com...

Appeal to emotion. Even if you argue this violates the central tenant that god is good, you still haven't defined what the definition of good would be in terms of god. Just putting that out there :)
TheAsylum
Posts: 772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2012 11:39:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 4:45:32 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck good to meet you... So your post justifies your atheism is this it??!

I think: You are judging God, and you would judge God "condemned", is this right? By God' actions you would say: He is wrong!

You forget the Old Testament points to Jesus found in the New Testament! Jesus/God died a horrible death, to save all of mankind, from DEATH!! Jesus took our place, he died so "we" do NOT have to die!

That's funny cause we are still dying.

My spirit won't die. It will live forever with Jesus. Will yours?
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 2:00:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 11:39:09 PM, TheAsylum wrote:
At 9/10/2012 4:45:32 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck good to meet you... So your post justifies your atheism is this it??!

I think: You are judging God, and you would judge God "condemned", is this right? By God' actions you would say: He is wrong!

You forget the Old Testament points to Jesus found in the New Testament! Jesus/God died a horrible death, to save all of mankind, from DEATH!! Jesus took our place, he died so "we" do NOT have to die!

That's funny cause we are still dying.

My spirit won't die. It will live forever with Jesus. Will yours?

That's what I love about our religions. Everyone can sense our yearning for death and the destruction of this world so we can all be with Allah, Gabriel, Mohammad, Jesus, Moses, and Abraham for eternity as we sing praises to them ad nauseum!
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 2:52:27 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 10:55:10 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 9/10/2012 11:21:58 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Sometimes the headlines and history books make my head ache. I shudder at the idea of so many dictators and powerful leaders who committed monstrous acts against their fellow men and women.

Like Taliban leader and terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarquawi, who once had a woman stoned to death for gathering sticks to make a fire on a cold day.

Or Ugandan President Idi Amin, who sent his soldiers into cities with orders to kill all of the men (including male children) and take for themselves the virgin women.

Pol Pot, Prime Minister of Cambodia in the 1970s, threatened to punish disobedience by making parents eat the flesh of their children.

King Leopold II of Belgium, in the 19th Century, ordered his soldiers not only to kill the opposition, but to cut the hamstrings all the horses, cruelly crippling the animals.

Japanese dictator Emperor Hirohito plundered a local village, decapitated the leaders and had the severed heads delivered to his general as a trophy.

Russian Czar Nicholas II had his general kill 185,000 men who opposed him.

Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein threatened the crime of adultery with stoning, impalement, the execution of relatives, and the burning of their homes.

And here's the most shocking thing:

The atrocities mentioned above? They weren't actually perpetrated by the dictators mentioned.

The one responsible for each of these horrible acts was"Jehovah-The God of the Old Testament.


Stoning for firewood: Numbers 15:32-36
Kidnapping the virgin women: Numbers 31:17-18
Threatening to make parents eat the flesh of offspring: Deuteronomy 28:53
Hamstringing the horses: Joshua 11
Severed heads delivered: Judges 7:19-25
185,000 killed: 2 Kings 10:7
Stoning, execution and burning for adultery: Hosea 13:16

Now"consider how horrified and appalled you were when you felt men were responsible, and ask yourself why you wouldn't be horrified and appalled that your God was.


http://www.thethinkingatheist.com...

Appeal to emotion. Even if you argue this violates the central tenant that god is good, you still haven't defined what the definition of good would be in terms of god. Just putting that out there :)

I'd have to disagree with it being an appeal to emotion, because it's an attempt at rhetoric. I don't criticise it for appeal to emotion because it's clearly not an intellectual argument (as in, logos rather than pathos) because it's an attempt to create a mindset more than anything.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:27:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck good to meet you... So your post justifies your atheism is this it??!

I think: You are judging God, and you would judge God "condemned", is this right? By God' actions you would say: He is wrong!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: ALL god's are fictitious based upon a few humans concepts.

At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
You forget the Old Testament points to Jesus found in the New Testament! Jesus/God died a horrible death,

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Crucifixion even in your preferred Story book Land means little for your Cult -

1. Millions were crucified.
2. Please tell us how a Supernatural god manages to literally die by any means including by crucifixion?

At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
to save all of mankind, from DEATH!!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Obviously it was a failure as millions - billions have continued to literally die since your Stories were written!

At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Jesus took our place, he died

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Well as it took my place I shan't ever die you say?

At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
so "we" do NOT have to die!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Then I have nothing to worry about apart from figuring what to do with myself for eternity!

At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck By the word "WE" I mean Christians, all People found in the body of Jesus!

Christians are IN the body of the risen Jesus..
THINK: You can't even kill a stinking dog twice, no; To each person is allotted one and only one death!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Well then death was obviously the outcome created by Story book god didn't bring death upon himself, your god caused it from the beginning!

At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck Jesus died on the cross

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster:
#1: Then unless your catholic god is a lying hypocrytical self-contradicting narcissistic bastard, Story book jesus was neither innocent nor righteous -

. . . . do not slay the innocent and righteous (Exod. 23:7) RSC catholiv Story book version 1964

#2: We are stilllll waiting for you or your Cult to tell us how an immortal supernatural god managed to literally ' die ' on a cross or anywhere else?

At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
but because Jesus was sinless he "POPPED UP, out of the grave as a Cork released from the bottom of a pool of water!"

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Even your own preferred Story book version refutes you and your Cult mentality (See #1: above)

At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Now what say you?? Do you still Judge God wrong and hurtful??!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: Yes and even worse I can prove again using your own preferred Story book that it was a narcissistic bastard and probably homosexual!

Next!
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:35:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 11:21:58 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Or Ugandan President Idi Amin, who sent his soldiers into cities with orders to kill all of the men (including male children) and take for themselves the virgin women.

I see nothing wrong with this. Our Lord commanded this of us while we were wandering in the wilderness. If The Lord is ok with it, then it can't be that bad! I mean, we have to kill all the men. That's a given. And you have to kill the children cause they'll just grow up to resent you and pose a threat. And you gotta keep the women alive cause, lets face it, we're gonna have sex with them anyway. It's so less awkward and less plain weird when they're still alive when that happens.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Toki
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 4:09:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck good to meet you... So your post justifies your atheism is this it??!

I think: You are judging God, and you would judge God "condemned", is this right? By God' actions you would say: He is wrong!

You forget the Old Testament points to Jesus found in the New Testament! Jesus/God died a horrible death, to save all of mankind, from DEATH!! Jesus took our place, he died so "we" do NOT have to die!
Microsuck By the word "WE" I mean Christians, all People found in the body of Jesus!

Christians are IN the body of the risen Jesus..
THINK: You can't even kill a stinking dog twice, no; To each person is allotted one and only one death!
Jesus died on the cross! Jesus can't die a second time!!

Catholic's are added to the risen body of Jesus by the waters of Baptism! We RISE we can't die, because the Body of Jesus can't die again!

Microsuck Jesus died on the cross but because Jesus was sinless he "POPPED UP, out of the grave as a Cork released from the bottom of a pool of water!"
Now what say you?? Do you still Judge God wrong and hurtful??!

Yes.
Clearly a passionate and well rounded perspective and state of mind about the idealism of an omnipotency, but there are holes in your judgement.
If "God" is all knowing, all powerful, all forgiving and indeed good, he would not engage in unjust judgement; nor would he allow his "children" or followers to perceive or believe such delusions.

Say you put a rabbit in an open-topped box, and in the box was a book stating that if the rabbit followed the teachings and guidelines written in the book, remained within the boundaries of the walls (of the box), and provided the teachings to it's offspring and neighbors, so as to save their souls, it would receive a carrot, after it died. In a just, ethical rational, would it be fair to subject the rabbit to an eternity in a pit of fire for being unable to confide and conform to the book, for having never obtained physical proof, and leaps from the confinements of the box, to indulge in it's natural desires and needs?
If there were or is and God of which consists of what information, stories, and laws the bible has provided, He is indeed willing to punish those who, not only don't know any better, but willingly refuses to prove himself in the form and matter that we would recognize as physically understanding human beings (supposedly having no recollection of the "preexistence" of the spiritual realm; therefore having no certainties to work with), and damns them to eternal suffering, simply because he has provided a few books as proof, but placed us on an entire planet and universe that disproves any definite existence of a God.
Wrong and hurtful sounds about right when discussing such a negligent, sadistic being.

*Please don't degrade to juvenile standards and rip apart the analogy with arguments such as: "Rabbits can't read so the metaphor is invalid.", or "God hasn't promised us a dainty item as reward for a lifetime of faith and obedience, so the metaphor is invalid." -The carrot is generally thought of as the shining trophy when a rabbit's ambition is put to the test, and I used it in the sense that human beings strive for gratification and satisfaction as a reward for a period of obedience and loyalty (being the function of the dopamine and opioids in the human brain). The carrot symbolized the need for a gratifying life and the consoling ideal of one waiting after death, to make all the work, worth it.
baggins
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 7:58:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 11:21:58 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Sometimes the headlines and history books make my head ache. I shudder at the idea of so many dictators and powerful leaders who committed monstrous acts against their fellow men and women.

Like Taliban leader and terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarquawi, who once had a woman stoned to death for gathering sticks to make a fire on a cold day.

You are making that up. Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was leader of organization commonly known as 'Al-Qaida in Iraq'. He had nothing to do with Taliban movement. He was not a dictator either. He became important only after American invasion. I didn't like him much because of his attitudes towards Shia Muslims, however it is clear that he was a leader of Iraqi resistance. There are no reports of him having stoned a woman for 'gathering sticks'. I cannot imagine why anyone would do that.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Or Ugandan President Idi Amin, who sent his soldiers into cities with orders to kill all of the men (including male children) and take for themselves the virgin women.

Pol Pot, Prime Minister of Cambodia in the 1970s, threatened to punish disobedience by making parents eat the flesh of their children.

King Leopold II of Belgium, in the 19th Century, ordered his soldiers not only to kill the opposition, but to cut the hamstrings all the horses, cruelly crippling the animals.

Japanese dictator Emperor Hirohito plundered a local village, decapitated the leaders and had the severed heads delivered to his general as a trophy.

Russian Czar Nicholas II had his general kill 185,000 men who opposed him.

Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein threatened the crime of adultery with stoning, impalement, the execution of relatives, and the burning of their homes.

While stoning for adultery is likely, the rest of it has been clearly faked up.

And here's the most shocking thing:

The atrocities mentioned above? They weren't actually perpetrated by the dictators mentioned.

The one responsible for each of these horrible acts was"Jehovah-The God of the Old Testament.


Stoning for firewood: Numbers 15:32-36
Kidnapping the virgin women: Numbers 31:17-18
Threatening to make parents eat the flesh of offspring: Deuteronomy 28:53
Hamstringing the horses: Joshua 11
Severed heads delivered: Judges 7:19-25
185,000 killed: 2 Kings 10:7
Stoning, execution and burning for adultery: Hosea 13:16

Now"consider how horrified and appalled you were when you felt men were responsible, and ask yourself why you wouldn't be horrified and appalled that your God was.


http://www.thethinkingatheist.com...
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 8:10:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
lol@people who didn't read the OP to its conclusion
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
baggins
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 8:22:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 8:10:57 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
lol@people who didn't read the OP to its conclusion

I just pointed out factual lies. It is not necessary to respond to everything you read. It is perfectly OK to point out error in a part.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 8:25:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 8:22:32 AM, baggins wrote:
At 9/11/2012 8:10:57 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
lol@people who didn't read the OP to its conclusion

I just pointed out factual lies. It is not necessary to respond to everything you read. It is perfectly OK to point out error in a part.

"The atrocities mentioned above? They weren't actually perpetrated by the dictators mentioned." - Second to last line of the OP
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 8:33:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck good to meet you... So your post justifies your atheism is this it??!

No, it shows the God of the Bible is EVIL!


I think: You are judging God, and you would judge God "condemned", is this right? By God' actions you would say: He is wrong!


Yes, God is wrong. God is evil and a disgusting creature.

You forget the Old Testament points to Jesus found in the New Testament! Jesus/God died a horrible death, to save all of mankind, from DEATH!! Jesus took our place, he died so "we" do NOT have to die!

LOL! Jesus never existed. Also, the Old Testament never points to the Greek Twistament. The Messianic prophecies have all FAILED!

Microsuck By the word "WE" I mean Christians, all People found in the body of Jesus!

God loves everyone yet condemns people to hell anyways when he has the power to save everyone?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 8:49:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 3:35:34 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 9/10/2012 11:21:58 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Or Ugandan President Idi Amin, who sent his soldiers into cities with orders to kill all of the men (including male children) and take for themselves the virgin women.

I see nothing wrong with this. Our Lord commanded this of us while we were wandering in the wilderness. If The Lord is ok with it, then it can't be that bad! I mean, we have to kill all the men. That's a given. And you have to kill the children cause they'll just grow up to resent you and pose a threat. And you gotta keep the women alive cause, lets face it, we're gonna have sex with them anyway. It's so less awkward and less plain weird when they're still alive when that happens.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 8:57:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 8:22:32 AM, baggins wrote:
At 9/11/2012 8:10:57 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
lol@people who didn't read the OP to its conclusion

I just pointed out factual lies. It is not necessary to respond to everything you read. It is perfectly OK to point out error in a part.

The entire thing has errors in it. None of the atrocious actions were commited by those people. It was all God!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
baggins
Posts: 855
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 8:58:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 8:25:40 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 9/11/2012 8:22:32 AM, baggins wrote:
At 9/11/2012 8:10:57 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
lol@people who didn't read the OP to its conclusion

I just pointed out factual lies. It is not necessary to respond to everything you read. It is perfectly OK to point out error in a part.

"The atrocities mentioned above? They weren't actually perpetrated by the dictators mentioned." - Second to last line of the OP

Looks like it was my mistake.
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 9:01:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 8:58:52 AM, baggins wrote:
At 9/11/2012 8:25:40 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 9/11/2012 8:22:32 AM, baggins wrote:
At 9/11/2012 8:10:57 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
lol@people who didn't read the OP to its conclusion

I just pointed out factual lies. It is not necessary to respond to everything you read. It is perfectly OK to point out error in a part.

"The atrocities mentioned above? They weren't actually perpetrated by the dictators mentioned." - Second to last line of the OP

Looks like it was my mistake.

It's fine. The entire point of it was to show that, when applying these atrocities to man, Christians especially get uneasy, but when revealing it to God they are like, "Wait a minute now..."
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 11:30:33 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 2:52:27 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 9/10/2012 10:55:10 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 9/10/2012 11:21:58 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Sometimes the headlines and history books make my head ache. I shudder at the idea of so many dictators and powerful leaders who committed monstrous acts against their fellow men and women.

Like Taliban leader and terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarquawi, who once had a woman stoned to death for gathering sticks to make a fire on a cold day.

Or Ugandan President Idi Amin, who sent his soldiers into cities with orders to kill all of the men (including male children) and take for themselves the virgin women.

Pol Pot, Prime Minister of Cambodia in the 1970s, threatened to punish disobedience by making parents eat the flesh of their children.

King Leopold II of Belgium, in the 19th Century, ordered his soldiers not only to kill the opposition, but to cut the hamstrings all the horses, cruelly crippling the animals.

Japanese dictator Emperor Hirohito plundered a local village, decapitated the leaders and had the severed heads delivered to his general as a trophy.

Russian Czar Nicholas II had his general kill 185,000 men who opposed him.

Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein threatened the crime of adultery with stoning, impalement, the execution of relatives, and the burning of their homes.

And here's the most shocking thing:

The atrocities mentioned above? They weren't actually perpetrated by the dictators mentioned.

The one responsible for each of these horrible acts was"Jehovah-The God of the Old Testament.


Stoning for firewood: Numbers 15:32-36
Kidnapping the virgin women: Numbers 31:17-18
Threatening to make parents eat the flesh of offspring: Deuteronomy 28:53
Hamstringing the horses: Joshua 11
Severed heads delivered: Judges 7:19-25
185,000 killed: 2 Kings 10:7
Stoning, execution and burning for adultery: Hosea 13:16

Now"consider how horrified and appalled you were when you felt men were responsible, and ask yourself why you wouldn't be horrified and appalled that your God was.


http://www.thethinkingatheist.com...

Appeal to emotion. Even if you argue this violates the central tenant that god is good, you still haven't defined what the definition of good would be in terms of god. Just putting that out there :)

I'd have to disagree with it being an appeal to emotion, because it's an attempt at rhetoric. I don't criticise it for appeal to emotion because it's clearly not an intellectual argument (as in, logos rather than pathos) because it's an attempt to create a mindset more than anything.

The conclusion being set here is that God is horrible, evil and sadistic ("Now consider how horrified and appalled you were when you felt men were responsible, and ask yourself why you wouldn't be horrified and appalled that your God was.") Their premise relies solely on pathos (emotion). So why should I be persuaded of this when it is solely an appeal to my emotions? (Which is what pathos is, an appeal to emotion, on its own it's logically flawed.)
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 11:32:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 8:33:00 AM, Microsuck wrote:
At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck good to meet you... So your post justifies your atheism is this it??!

No, it shows the God of the Bible is EVIL!

Define evil objectively.



I think: You are judging God, and you would judge God "condemned", is this right? By God' actions you would say: He is wrong!


Yes, God is wrong. God is evil and a disgusting creature.

Once again, define evil objectively.


You forget the Old Testament points to Jesus found in the New Testament! Jesus/God died a horrible death, to save all of mankind, from DEATH!! Jesus took our place, he died so "we" do NOT have to die!

LOL! Jesus never existed. Also, the Old Testament never points to the Greek Twistament. The Messianic prophecies have all FAILED!

Microsuck By the word "WE" I mean Christians, all People found in the body of Jesus!

God loves everyone yet condemns people to hell anyways when he has the power to save everyone?

Free will. We all have free will to choose.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2012 3:36:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 8:10:57 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
lol@people who didn't read the OP to its conclusion

Lol. I hadn't. But I immediately thought of it myself.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 7:23:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Had it ever managed to leave Story book land the World's WORST Dictator is unambiguously Story book jesus -

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [ them ] before me. (Luke 19:27) KJV Story book

cf.

With flaming fire he will mete out11 punishment on those who do not know God12 and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 1:9 They13 will undergo the penalty of eternal destruction, (2 Thess. 1:8,9) NET Story book

Thank goodness the biggest narcissistic bastard of them all, only ever literally dwells within the confines of so called xtianities preferred Story book pages!

Next!
MattDescopa
Posts: 356
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2012 7:26:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 7:23:20 PM, Composer wrote:
Had it ever managed to leave Story book land the World's WORST Dictator is unambiguously Story book jesus -

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [ them ] before me. (Luke 19:27) KJV Story book

cf.

With flaming fire he will mete out11 punishment on those who do not know God12 and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 1:9 They13 will undergo the penalty of eternal destruction, (2 Thess. 1:8,9) NET Story book

Thank goodness the biggest narcissistic bastard of them all, only ever literally dwells within the confines of so called xtianities preferred Story book pages!

Next!

There is good evidence outside the bible for the existence of Jesus. The bible is also a good source of information.

Next!
Dogknox
Posts: 5,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 11:29:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/11/2012 4:09:32 AM, Toki wrote:
At 9/10/2012 2:39:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Microsuck good to meet you... So your post justifies your atheism is this it??!

I think: You are judging God, and you would judge God "condemned", is this right? By God' actions you would say: He is wrong!

You forget the Old Testament points to Jesus found in the New Testament! Jesus/God died a horrible death, to save all of mankind, from DEATH!! Jesus took our place, he died so "we" do NOT have to die!
Microsuck By the word "WE" I mean Christians, all People found in the body of Jesus!

Christians are IN the body of the risen Jesus..
THINK: You can't even kill a stinking dog twice, no; To each person is allotted one and only one death!
Jesus died on the cross! Jesus can't die a second time!!

Catholic's are added to the risen body of Jesus by the waters of Baptism! We RISE we can't die, because the Body of Jesus can't die again!

Microsuck Jesus died on the cross but because Jesus was sinless he "POPPED UP, out of the grave as a Cork released from the bottom of a pool of water!"
Now what say you?? Do you still Judge God wrong and hurtful??!


Yes.
Clearly a passionate and well rounded perspective and state of mind about the idealism of an omnipotency, but there are holes in your judgement.
If "God" is all knowing, all powerful, all forgiving and indeed good, he would not engage in unjust judgement; nor would he allow his "children" or followers to perceive or believe such delusions.

Say you put a rabbit in an open-topped box, and in the box was a book stating that if the rabbit followed the teachings and guidelines written in the book, remained within the boundaries of the walls (of the box), and provided the teachings to it's offspring and neighbors, so as to save their souls, it would receive a carrot, after it died. In a just, ethical rational, would it be fair to subject the rabbit to an eternity in a pit of fire for being unable to confide and conform to the book, for having never obtained physical proof, and leaps from the confinements of the box, to indulge in it's natural desires and needs?
If there were or is and God of which consists of what information, stories, and laws the bible has provided, He is indeed willing to punish those who, not only don't know any better, but willingly refuses to prove himself in the form and matter that we would recognize as physically understanding human beings (supposedly having no recollection of the "preexistence" of the spiritual realm; therefore having no certainties to work with), and damns them to eternal suffering, simply because he has provided a few books as proof, but placed us on an entire planet and universe that disproves any definite existence of a God.
Wrong and hurtful sounds about right when discussing such a negligent, sadistic being.

*Please don't degrade to juvenile standards and rip apart the analogy with arguments such as: "Rabbits can't read so the metaphor is invalid.", or "God hasn't promised us a dainty item as reward for a lifetime of faith and obedience, so the metaphor is invalid." -The carrot is generally thought of as the shining trophy when a rabbit's ambition is put to the test, and I used it in the sense that human beings strive for gratification and satisfaction as a reward for a period of obedience and loyalty (being the function of the dopamine and opioids in the human brain). The carrot symbolized the need for a gratifying life and the consoling ideal of one waiting after death, to make all the work, worth it.

Toki Good to meet you!
I reply: You have good points... BUT don't forget Jesus suffered and died ALSO!!! So if you think it to a logical conclusion you have no points at all!

You put the cart before the horse...
Jesus suffered a terrible death.. He was lifted up on a cross so all could see him die!! Jesus DIED!!!!
His death is the start of the story not the end!

1) Adam was created perfect, SINLESS! This perfect man sinned so DEATH entered the world!! Blame Adam not God for the pain and suffering you have on earth, not God!
All people die because of the death that entered earth. The Earth was corrupted by sin! All are born corrupted, not perfect because creation was corrupted by Adam!

2) Man needed to get rid of Adams sin to be saved. But no man could replace; Corrupted Adam because all men are born corrupted! No perfect offering could ever be found, for a perfect man!
Toki Sure the Jews in the Old Testament would bring offering to the priest as sin offerings. They brought an Animal to die in their place for their sin. "An eye for an eye" type thing! We were stuck between a rock and a hard spot!

3) We were stuck until Jesus the perfect Man arrived!
Jesus is a SECOND Adam, he was born PERFECT! Jesus the perfect man died to pay the price for the sin of the perfect man, Adam!
Jesus died all saw him DIE, he was dead, stone cold DEAD!!
Toki Jesus can't die a second time. NO ONE can die twice, you can't even kill a stinking dog twice!!

Toki here is the start of the story... Jesus can't die again so all people "IN Jesus holy risen body can't die!" Jesus popped up out of the grave as a cork released from the bottom of a pool of water! Jesus was without sin, he was sinless!
He CAN'T die again..
He saved all men from death, but not all men will go up.. some will go down and live for eternity down with Satan! DEATH IS NO MORE!

Sure you see it you see suffering but we still live in a corrupted world, Death is removed but the corrupted earth has not yet been renewed! All peoples are BORM Adams children all born corrupted.

Our Goal is to be "ADDED" to Jesus risen body! IN Jesus we become God' children!

Dogknox
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 11:32:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wanna know what the world actual worst dictators had a common theme of? Banning religion as much as they could, or making people worship them, in NK's case.

Examples: Soviet Russia, China, North Korea.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2012 11:33:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, it could be argued, using your logic, that Marx is responsible for all the aboves deaths.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2012 4:07:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/12/2012 7:26:01 PM, MattDescopa wrote:
At 9/12/2012 7:23:20 PM, Composer wrote:
Had it ever managed to leave Story book land the World's WORST Dictator is unambiguously Story book jesus -

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [ them ] before me. (Luke 19:27) KJV Story book

cf.

With flaming fire he will mete out11 punishment on those who do not know God12 and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 1:9 They13 will undergo the penalty of eternal destruction, (2 Thess. 1:8,9) NET Story book

Thank goodness the biggest narcissistic bastard of them all, only ever literally dwells within the confines of so called xtianities preferred Story book pages!

Next!

There is good evidence outside the bible for the existence of Jesus. The bible is also a good source of information.

Next!

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: You malignant dimwit!

NB: - At l John 5:7 in the Book of Common Prayer and in the Authorised Version there are printed the following words. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one'. This is a late interpolation quite certainly absent from the original text. It was added by some enterprising person or persons in the ancient Church who felt that the New Testament was sadly deficient in direct witness to the kind of doctrine of the Trinity which he favoured and who determined to remedy that defect. It is, however, significant that the interpolator perceived that the New Testament gives no direct witness to this doctrine. (A & R Hanson, "The Trinity " True or False?)

&

All scholars consider it to be spurious, and it is not included in modern critical editions of the Greek text, or in the English versions based upon them. (Composer's Source: http://www.bible-researcher.com......)

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: You malignant dimwit!

NB: - At l John 5:7 in the Book of Common Prayer and in the Authorised Version there are printed the following words. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one'. This is a late interpolation quite certainly absent from the original text. It was added by some enterprising person or persons in the ancient Church who felt that the New Testament was sadly deficient in direct witness to the kind of doctrine of the Trinity which he favoured and who determined to remedy that defect. It is, however, significant that the interpolator perceived that the New Testament gives no direct witness to this doctrine. (A & R Hanson, "The Trinity " True or False?)

&

All scholars consider it to be spurious, and it is not included in modern critical editions of the Greek text, or in the English versions based upon them. (Composer's Source: http://www.bible-researcher.com......)

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: You malignant dimwit!

NB: - At l John 5:7 in the Book of Common Prayer and in the Authorised Version there are printed the following words. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one'. This is a late interpolation quite certainly absent from the original text. It was added by some enterprising person or persons in the ancient Church who felt that the New Testament was sadly deficient in direct witness to the kind of doctrine of the Trinity which he favoured and who determined to remedy that defect. It is, however, significant that the interpolator perceived that the New Testament gives no direct witness to this doctrine. (A & R Hanson, "The Trinity " True or False?)

&

All scholars consider it to be spurious, and it is not included in modern critical editions of the Greek text, or in the English versions based upon them. (Composer's Source: http://www.bible-researcher.com......)

Me Composer the ongoing successful Cult buster: You malignant dimwit!

NB: - At l John 5:7 in the Book of Common Prayer and in the Authorised Version there are printed the following words. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one'. This is a late interpolation quite certainly absent from the original text. It was added by some enterprising person or persons in the ancient Church who felt that the New Testament was sadly deficient in direct witness to the kind of doctrine of the Trinity which he favoured and who determined to remedy that defect. It is, however, significant that the interpolator perceived that the New Testament gives no direct witness to this doctrine. (A & R Hanson, "The Trinity " True or False?)

&

All scholars consider it to be spurious, and it is not included in modern critical editions of the Greek text, or in the English versions based upon them. (Composer's Source: http://www.bible-researcher.com......)

Next!